The Scourge of Shadowlore Keep (Councillors win!)

Started by Remiel, June 06, 2011, 03:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Current Tally:

Geeklet (10): Moirae, Valerian, Ryven, Imogen, Josietta, Rhedyn, Xandi, Aiden, Mithlomwen, Izu
Xandi (1): Geeklet

Votes not yet cast: Marguerite, FoamWeber, Beguile's Mistress

Reminder: The voting phase will end Saturday, 2nd July, at approximately midnight, EST (GMT-5).

Autumn52

Lady Xandi faint from the events of the last evening stood on shaky legs as Geeklet accused her of being one of the monsters. She gathered her strength so that she could speak to the court. Letting Geeklet finish hir speech before speaking, Xandi said a little prayer and then began, "My I point out a few flaws in your line of reasoning. First of all it is easy to talk badly about a man who gave his life in defense of the group. Lord Mayerling proved his honor by outting one among us who has been proven to be a spy and coward. You disparage his name now by speaking ill of the dead. He is no longer able to defend himself and you speak lies to save yourself. I was adamant about listening to Lord Mayerlings warning, I had reason to be. His logic was sound, his reasoning reasonable. I pleaded with the court to show any reason whatsoever why we should not listen to his warnings and none was given. I understood full well that my speaking up would put me in the line of fire just as it did Lord Mayerling but I also am willing to die for my belief that this place can become safe again an we are responsible to make it so.

You made a fatal flaw in your speech Geeklet. You said, 'When it was mentioned that despite everyone focusing their attention upon the potential of Starlequinn or myself to be wretched leeches, that the werewolves were still out there, Lady Xandi was rather quick to turn the attention back towards us, was she not?" those were your words. You have inadvertently put yourself in the same group as Lord Starlequinn so you admitted in so many words that you were one of his masters. That is how I see what you have said. You also said that I tried to turn attention away from the werewolves but if you will remember Lord Ryven and I discussed this very issue in fact my exact words were, " you are correct the monsters are not only the vampires we also must discover who the hideous beasts called werewolves are, but my Lord we must start somewhere. Doesn't this seem at least a place to begin?"

Let me first say that I only ever tried to see the logic behind what Lord Mayerling said. I have never personally attacked anyone in the council, even Lord Starlequinn. When I voted against him it was purely on the logic of what Lord Mayerling had revealed. You and he have tried to defame me and yet why would I seek to be so up front with my motives? Why would I put myself in the center of attention time and again if I were a beast? Would it not make more sense to fade into the background? Not to be seen? Yet here I am defending my vote from before and reminding the council that I have not been part of any votes against an innocent. My votes have all been founded in logic. My vote again is founded in logic, not in personal vengeance. I think Geeklet is trying to turn attention away from hirself and towards the one person who spoke up in the beginning after Lord Mayerling made his declaration. I don't mind being that person especially since I and Lord Mayerling have been proven correct. He paid with his life and I am willing to do the same. Ladies and Lords I implore you to stand against these abominations once and for all. Let us rid ourselves of these beast so that we and our families can rest peacefully again. My vote should be obvious but as is required by Our King I state it in court. Geeklet."

Lady Xandi sat down and drank some water feeling sick at her stomach from the deaths and accusations.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Aiden

"The arrogance you show by sullying the name of a innocent dead man, vampire or not Geeklet, the sooner you are removed from this court the better!"
Duke Aiden said coldly, his stern gaze appeared to be burrowing deeply at the accused noble. Could have this all been Mayerling's hurrah? Everyone would find out soon enough. 

Geeklet

It pains me to say such things about those who have departed, and I truly wish he were still around to debate me on this. I simply wanted you all to know that he was not as honorable as you all are making him out to be. I still find it quite amusing he died by the hands of a werewolf, and yet somehow that is enough to convince you that I am a vampire. However, there are a few points that Lady Xandi brought up that I feel must be addressed.

In regards to the 'fatal flaw' I made in my speech, you are seeing things that are not there. Either that or you are manipulating my words in an effort to get rid of me. You claim that by putting myself in the same group as that bastard Starlequinn by saying "us" that it proves my guilt? Yesterday, there were two topics of discussion. His potential guilt, and the accusations against me. That is fact. When it was interjected that some additional thought was necessary on a third topic, that was rather quickly denounced, so that everyone else could focus upon the other two lines. There is no way I could refer to the situation that does not somehow paint him and myself in a similar situation. But those words alone do not make me guilty.

Quite honestly, Xandi, I am now convinced more than ever that you are in fact one of the werewolves amongst us. Quite frankly, there were already plenty of votes against me before you spoke up. If on this day, your vote is founded in logic, then why must you explain yourself when it is clear others think the same way you do? In fact, I believe that you really do not care if I am a vampire or not, you simply want me gone. At best you eliminate a rival, at worst another human is eliminated that you won't have to worry about killing yourself.

It seems now though, that perhaps my words are falling upon deaf ears, and my demise is almost eminent. However, I do want you all to take heed of my words. It is well known about the fierce rivalry amongst the vampires and werewolves, and even if I were a vampire, I would want to see the wolves get taken down just as much as everyone else.

Autumn52

"You are quite correct Geeklet in saying that there were already a lot of votes against you when I voted. I however was the one you pointed out in your statement not some of the others. Just as you see fit to defend yourself I see fit to defend myself. By throwing out viscous allegations you only condemn yourself further. I think I have made myself quite clear in my beliefs and the council will hear no more from me on this matter. Turning attention towards me Geeklet is exactly how what I would expect from a monster. Just because I wish to see another monster taken from our midst does not make me one. If that were the case wouldn't we all be monsters? For all of us are gathered here to rid this court of the treacherous monsters that plague us now."

Xandi sat in a corner and decided to let the others make their votes, confident she would be proven right.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Imogen

"We are well aware there are two factions haunting the King's lands, Geeklet." Imogen spoke thoughtfully. "I for one do not believe you or yours are guilty of Lord Mayerling's death. He was murdered by those who rather see you hanged than one of their own. His death proves his innocence and therefor your guilt. You would have known that as well as we do. I would go as far as to state that you are the -last- person here who would have wanted him dead and proven loyal to our King."

Her gaze flashed towards Xandi, and she offered a faint smile. "But you will understand that none of us is too keen on believing your words regarding another. Or disbelieving for that matter. Whether you are honest in your accusation, merely try to shield an accomplice or simply trying to confound us cannot be known. You do raise an excellent point however that our dear lady is overdoing her plea a bit, preaching to the choir once the waters have been tested." She shrugged. "Perhaps she is merely overzealous and if so, I can't blame her. At all."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen listened to everyone's arguments and sided with the majority against Geeklet.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Izu

Izu followed Mith's example and mumble his vote against Geeklet.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

FoamWeber

"I think I will go with the majority in this one. Geeklet, you are the guilty one." Lady Weber announced.

Marguerite

"I am sorry, Geeklet, but Lord Mayerling was an innocent and he commented on you possibly being an enemy and a murderer."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Remiel

Current Tally:

Geeklet (12): Moirae, Valerian, Ryven, Imogen, Josietta, Rhedyn, Xandi, Aiden, Mithlomwen, Izu, FoamWeber, Marguerite

Votes not yet cast: Beguile's Mistress

Reminder: The voting phase will end Saturday, 2nd July, at approximately midnight, EST (GMT-5).

Beguile's Mistress

Everyone had spoken and yet Mistress Beguile had not cast a vote.  Her heart beat wildly in her breast as she recalled the sound of the executioners sword severing the heads of the condemned.  She shuddered, she quivered and wiped a tear from her eye with a swatch of lace bordered linen drawn from the sleeve of her gown.

"I suppose I must follow the example of the other Councillors and courtiers and point to Geeklet as one of the culprits."

Remiel

Final Tally, Day Three:

Geeklet (13): Moirae, Valerian, Ryven, Imogen, Josietta, Rhedyn, Xandi, Aiden, Mithlomwen, Izu, FoamWeber, Marguerite, Beguile's Mistress

With Lord Mayerling's fervent accusations still echoing in everyone's ears, the council decided unanimously that Marquis Geeklet was the most suspicious of them all.  One by one, they pointed fingers at the doomed Marquis, who insisted upon hir innocence even as shi was marched to the execution block.

As the executioner lifted the axe, however, a startling change occurred--Geeklet suddenly transformed into a cloud of screeching bats!  Fortunately, the wise King had been prepared, and a heavy mesh net promptly fell upon the vermin, who found themselves with nowhere to fly.  Trapped, they changed back into Geeklet's human form. 

The king's guards promptly shot hir with their crossbows, which had been custom-made to fire sharpened wooden stakes.  With a number of stakes piercing hir chest, Geeklet was undone.  The body was beheaded, and promptly burned--for as everyone knows, vampires are especially flammable.

"Well done!" cried King Gregorii.  "By the saints, we just might prevail yet!"  And so the Council retired for the night, slightly safer in the knowledge that the monsters' numbers had been decreased by one.

Night has fallen.  Vampires and werewolves, I need your targets for the night.  Werewolf Hunter, I need your target as well.  As always, any councillors who have yet to use their charms of scrying may do so at any time.

Remiel

The morning sun rose again to find that yet another victim had lost his life to the monsters.  Izu had been found up on one of the castle battlements, dead from a score of grievous wounds.  The wounds looked as though they had been made by a great wolf's powerful jaws--a grisly sight which was only becoming too familiar. 

The King held a brief funeral in which everyone grieved the loss of the loyal Councillor, and then they convened once more.

The day phase has begun.  All votes are due at the end of Wednesday, July 13.

Aiden

Duke Aiden walked into the hall after another night in the castle after learning of the newest victim of the monsters hiding among the court. He sighed, the stress of these daily sessions was getting to him. The young Duke preferred to be out with the royal guard instead of these finger pointing parties but he kept that thought to himself as he placed his sword before him on the table while his squire stood nearby with his shield.

Josietta

Josietta came down the hallways with her skirts in her fingers holding them up as she walked. The chapel had been filled with the worried individuals of the castle with all the events going on, that she stayed over longer to help soothe the worries and offer prayers for those who needed them. The confessionals were higher in numbers than she had seen in some time. Pushing back a few loose tendrils behind her ear she slowed her gait to avoid tripping them picked back up her skirts.

The word traveled quickly of Izu's demise and it only caused more strife in the staff and she knew the day would prove to be trying for many. It was time to join the others for a count of who was present or missing and decide who might be a traitor amongst their ranks. It was the worst part of her days; pointing fingers at would be innocents in hopes of ridding their world of evil. The playing of God was what some seemed good at, but she only prayed for a word of who was who in hopes that the following night, none would be taken.

As she wandered in she noted Duke Aiden already about with his squire. She gave them each a curtsied greeting and nod. After doing so, the young Lady glanced about for any others who may join them, hoping no others would be found missing. The odd occurrence that only one was taken that night must have been a good sign that the heavens were with them and that God was truly watching over them all.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Imogen

Imogen paced the hallway in restless indecision. Something had to be done! Another loyal councillor was murdered and despite their victory over the vampires yesterday she didn't feel comfortable. She had been apalled at the discovery of one fiend in their midst, but what had terrified her even more was Geeklet's reasoning regarding another. She didn't want to agree with a vampire. It was wrong in every sense. But it was true that Xandi's actions had been suspicions. Nothing of that would fit if they were in the same league, but... The 'what if' nagged at Imogen's mind. The werewolves had claimed another victim. Raging through the night they would murder everyone if they weren't stopped.

She took a deep breath and spoke up. "Xandi, your explanations don't convince me. You have voted with us when a vote less or more no longer made a difference. With nothing else to go on, I have no choice but to ask you where you were when Izu died."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

When Imogen made her accusation Xandi just smiled and said, "I was wondering which bloodsucker would be the first to come after me. I find it amusing, Imogen, that you accuse me when I have never been responsible, not once, for the life of a loyal councilor. I have tried to use my votes in a logical way. I did not see you making much effort to come forward and sort things out. I am actually surprised to see that it was a female who came forward first, perhaps your coven doesn't consist of any males. It would have made more sense for a male since I realized, after the fact, that my coming forward could be looked upon as speaking out of turn for a Lady. I think these horrible circumstances have brought out a side of myself that I am happy to express. I refuse to sit idly by while the men make all the hard choices. I have only wanted my votes to mean something and if for that I am to be accused and even executed then so be it. I can go to my grave knowing that I have aided this court and council in securing the deaths of at least two of the monsters that plagued us.

But you Lady Imogen, can you say as much? I refuse to let your accusation of me take away from the fact that I have helped in the execution of 2 monsters. So with that said I will place my vote: Imogen."

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen was just as confused as ever about who might be the demons among them.  However something kept nagging at her, making her wonder if FoamWeber might not be involved in it all some how. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Ryven

"I too will vote for Xandi as her actions seem suspect to me."  He said eyeing her from across the room.

Valerian

Though heartened somewhat by the deaths of several of those who meant them harm, Val was still somewhat at a loss about this next vote.  The remaining malefactors, whoever they were, were doing rather a good job of hiding, unfortunately.

She looked around at the remaining courtiers uneasily.  All seemed equally suspect, and equally innocent, and she sighed quietly.  Still, as a group, they had been wise enough to choose the right people to execute twice now, and she took some courage from that as she placed her vote, hesitantly.  "Yes, perhaps Lady Xandi has fallen under the sway of evil," she suggested, quietly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

FoamWeber

"I will agree with Ryven in this case," Lady Weber stated, also staring across the room at Xandi.

Josietta

Josietta wasn't sure if Xandi was in fact guilty but the odds were stacking up against the outspoken Lady that was sure. She looked toward Mith as she stated her suspicions on FoamWebber. Josietta had, had suspicions about that one herself and half wondered if Mith was on to something or if the majority of the people were right in choosing Xandi. She tilted her head and regarded each of them carefully before speaking.

"Xandi, I am unsure of your guilt but you should explain yourself further if you wish to keep the masses at bay. I have to ask the same of FoamWebber. Either of you or both of you could be at fault here but you need to prove otherwise to us. Ryven you were as equally outspoken in what was said as well. What makes us think you aren't as guilty? We are unsure of just how many of these dark ones remain amongst us. Mayhaps it is all three of you?  There have been a few amongst us who wait to point fingers as you accuse Xandi of doing. FoamWebber is one of those people. I will tentatively place my vote with Miths until further evidence is brought forth. Regardless, God will punish whoever is at fault, but the sooner we help to weed out the evil the sooner we can all rest. I just hope we do not make the wrong decision. If any of you have any clue to help us, please do not hesitate to speak up. Any sacrifice made could very well be essential to our survival as a whole."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

FoamWeber

"My defense is simple," Lady Weber said, not particularly worried. "I was one of the first to accuse Lord Starlequin, near the beginning of this tragic situation. In fact, my record so far is spotless with only accusing those who are guilty. Why on earth would I accuse people on my own side? I think it is fairly obvious that I'm one of the innocents." She grabbed a roll, suddenly remembering that she had yet to eat breakfast. "In fact," she continued after swallowing, "My innocence is so clear that it casts doubt on people who have voted for me. Not everyone has a record as clear as mine."

Mithlomwen

Mith listened to Lady Weber's argument, making note of the fact that she had in fact voted for Lord Starlequin early on...and thereby made a very good point about her innocence.  "That is a good point Lady Weber.  In light of that, I will change my vote to Xandi."
Baby, it's all I know,