Game of Thrones AU

Started by Primarch, June 05, 2012, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Right, the last game I was going to start didn't get off the ground and that's my fault. But I'm not finished college entirely so my free time just went through the roof (until I get a job or find out I failed something that is!) But that's all neither here nor there.

Right, a Game of Thrones RP. But AU. So here's the plan, you fine members can create your own characters to occupy the roles in Westeros. Everything below is available. While I'm not against people taking up sellswords, whores, goldcloaks, mountainmen etc etc for the game to work from a plot perspective the Major Houses rather need to be represented, that in mind I am entirely fine with people taking up multiple characters so if you wouldn't mind taking up a plot important person first and then the lesser notes that would be absolutely wonderful.

Once your character is approved. Off you go. The game is a sandbox. You can stay in your Castle and play the harp or you can march your army or try get married. or maybe go and try get your hands on a Valeyrion steel weapon (no custom Valeryion stuff for now please, lets keep what's in Westeros desirable). Up to you.
The time period is right after King Robert Baratheon's death (we'll keep him canon for the sake of setting things up) and his son is on the throne. All claimants during the War for 5 Kings are welcome and encouraged. While the game is entirely open to OC's you can most certainly play a canon if its your preference.

King's Landing:
King:
Queen: Reserved for JDrew Spider

Hand of the King: Reserved for arkhos
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Reserved for Daylily
Master of Coin:
Master of Laws:
Master of Whisperers:
Master of Ships:
Grand Maester:

House Stark:
Lord: James Stark ~ Warden of the North
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Tully:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Arryn:
Lord: Warden of the East
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Greyjoy:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Lannister:
Lord: Warden of the West
Lady:
Heir:
Son: Ser Tyrus Lannister
Daughter:

House Baratheon of Storm's End:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Baratheon of Dragonstone:
Lord: ~Reserved for Trafalgar~
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Tyrell:
Lord: Warden of the South
Lady:
Heir: Ser Imperius Tyrell
Son:
Daughter:

House Martell:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Titles/Positions:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] {Real person PB please}

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Strengths & Skills:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

Any questions?

JDrew Spider

I'm game!

Reserve for the Queen!

Can we play multiple roles?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Queen reserved.

Yes you may play multiple roles, although I would ask people don't play for instance, multiple Lords for what I hope are rather obvious reasons.

JDrew Spider

Will do darling! ;)

Now for the role of the queen I can go about this in different ways, but I'll wait patiently for other's to appear.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Koyume

This sounds pretty awesome. I probably won't end up participating, but we'll see. If I did I'd probably play the Master of Whisperers or a Greyjoy.

Primarch

You could play a Greyjoy Master of Whisperers. So long as its appropriate I see no reason why a character couldn't occupy multiple roles.

Primarch

Name: Ser Imperius Tyrell
House: Tyrell
Titles/Positions: Heir to House Tyrell of Highgarden

Appearance:

Equipment:
Imperius general battles with either his bastard sword Ever Higher or his spear Pride of the Garden both of which are highly ornate to the point one might confuse them for ceremonial weapons, while his spear is usually worn across his back or when riding carried by his horse his sword is almost always worn at his waist in a sword belt. His armour is not entirely unlike that of a member of the Kingsguard, combining a breastplate with enameled scales and a prominent cloak. He of course has his coloured in Tyrell colours and bearing Tyrell iconography.

Strengths & Skills: Imperius is an exceptionally skilled warrior and routinely practices against multiple opponents in preparation for actual battle. His specialty is with his bastard sword or his spear, with which is he considered among the finest in the Seven Kingdoms. On occasion he will wield the bastard sword in one hand & his spear in the other in an attempt to overwhelm a tricky opponent with a very unorthadox style. He is also proficient with the shield, mace, lance (he's enjoyed some tourney victories) and the bow and arrow, although these are all to various lesser degree's then with a sword or spear. He is also a very competent horse rider, be it as a standard steed or as a warmount. He has been taught battlefield tactics and has had enough experience in preparation of battle and battlefield tactics to be considered one of the finer Commanders from The Reach.

As a Tyrell he's also ridiculously wealthy and possessing more military resources then most others in the Seven Kingdoms, making him a valuable ally or dangerous opponent.   

Weaknesses:
When it comes to combat Imperius is most dangerous when wielding both of his signature weapons at once, however a spear and a bastard sword are not the lightest weapons. The combat style, while very effective will wear him down more quickly then most traditional forms of combat.

Backstory:
Imperius Tyrell is the oldest son to the current Lord of The Reach, as a youth he was educated by the House Septa & Maester, although he took noticeably more attention to the Maester over the Septa. When he was younger the boy squired in Casterly Rock for the Lord of the Lannister's. He was in the Westerland's for only months before Robert's Rebellion broke out, he saw very little fighting however as the Lannister's remained neutral until the sacking of King's Landing a year later. Although he didn't take part in any rape, he did walk away with some splendid loot including all manner of fineries, even if he could have just bought them quite easily.

During his time training to be a Knight he enjoyed several tourney victories especially in the melee's. The beginnings of a great career some commented and it appeared o be the case. He was Knighted as sixteen and returned home to Highgarden. For the last twelve years Imperius has been council to his father and an increasingly prominent name amongst the Commanders of Westeros, the Shining Knight of Highgarden who killed a dozen men with a broken banner during the Greyjoy Rebellion. Most recently he has been called "The Justice of Highgarden" as he has taken an effort dispense justice across The Reach. He is as loved by the innocent as he is hated by the guilty. 

Elias

Primarch

arkhos

Brilliant idea!

I think I'll try to whip something up to try for the Hand of the King spot. Love the role in the books/TV show. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

bubby

*Keeps an eye on this one*

Primarch

Stark

Name: James Stark, also known as "The Young Wolf"

House: Stark

Titles/Positions: King in the North, King of the Trident Lord of Winterfell

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment: Being a man of the North, James has extremely good proficiency with a bow & arrow, longsword and knife. Although a hassle to carry with him, he makes sure he always has all three at hand. Underneath his thick fur cloaks and layers of clothing to help fight the harsh, relenting weathers of the North he wears his chain mail armour constantly.  Only for actual times of war will he don his steel breastplates and shoulder armour, the insignia of two direwolves carved into his steel armour. He also has a Direwolf, called Winter.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths & Skills: James strengths lie in his bow and longsword, but his skills lie in his ability to rally support and followers himself having a gravitating aura to him, which draws people towards himself. Finding himself well liked and respected by all who know him.

Weaknesses: James is far too naive and trusting. Being from the North were a man's sweat is his worth he knows nothing of the greed and betrayal that litters Westeros.

Backstory: James was 8 when he first saw his further behead the deserter, it was an image he would never forget. For his Father did the deed not out of pleasure but out of duty and it was that which lingers with James to this day. The sense of duty, not matter what it is, how horrible he must also be able to do the right thing. That is what it means to be the Lord of Winterfell and of house Stark.

It was then on that day where the training and education of James increased, he was a boy in a man's world of steel and iron. But he never retreated and never gave up, learning first to conquer the bow, shooting better then the adults who were teaching him. Then came the sword, being a boy of young age he was pitted against the younger men who were merciless against him always using excessive force against the small boy. But James was fearless and resolved through the pain until he moved quicker, faster and stronger than his opponents. Despite becoming talented with boy weapons James never gave into cockiness or over confidence, still training constantly, knowing his Father would demand more from him, better from him, there was always room for improvement.

James enjoyed the life of Winterfell, the hunting in the Godswood, and the speaking to the village of Winter's Town. He loved it all, and did they love him. They always enjoyed seeing the young Lord march and chat with each of them, taking his time to learn his peoples names. Also as James grew so did the interest in him he received from the opposite sex but the honest lad was always unsure how to act, he was not a man to abuse his position into taking women whenever he pleased.  However there has been the odd night involving a young women laying in his bed, but James is still innocent and embarrassment usually turns him red when mentioned.

Primarch

Starting with a direwolf would be fine, but I'd rather you didn't use a Canon GoT face claim, especially in a case where I'm allowing canons and your character wouldn't remove Jon Snow from the games world.

Something to just consider, you could make your character the Lord, with similar reasons for going South as Rob had. His father being executed by the current King would get the Stark's involved immediately and help kick off The War of 5 Kings period setting, but that's just something to consider. You could leave the position of Lord open for an older brother.

Stark

Sweet, added a direwolf, changed appearance and made my character Lord now.

So we will be using the canon Ned Stark was ex hand of King and was beheaded?

Primarch

I think that would be for the best. Keep people like Robert, Ned, Aerys. Helps form a working plot.

jouzinka

House Dorne is House Martell. ;)

/nerd

*bookmarks*
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Primarch

jouzinka

This looks so very tempting. :-) I might join later, if time permits. :-\

Primarch

Kate

love to be a perverted lanister queen unless others want to give her a go (or didnt like how i role played the last queen when this was attempted before.

if anyone else really wants to play her - happy to play another house / roll / character

jouzinka

Quote from: Stark on June 06, 2012, 07:40:19 AMSo we will be using the canon Ned Stark was ex hand of King and was beheaded?
Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 07:46:53 AM
I think that would be for the best. Keep people like Robert, Ned, Aerys. Helps form a working plot.
... does that mean that you guys are setting yourself up for a war?

If he's a head shorter, then what was his crime? What did he possibly know about whom that would bring him to Baelor's Sept? Or are you keeping in the bastards plot?

Not trying to nitpick, just posing questions. ;D

Primarch

Its somewhat up to whoever takes up the King really. There are a number of possibilities that could all dance around why Ned was killed.
A) Ned was executed so the son of Robert could take his claim as King, as opposed to waiting until he came of age.
B) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of incest (which may or may not be true depending on player interest).
C) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of an affair with someone else (which may or may not be true)

I do think it would be easiest if whomever occupied the position of Queen (be it Kate or someone else) gave some acknowledgment towards the 'bastard plot' or something similar. But there are options. 

arkhos

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 07:46:53 AM

So Ned is/isn't alive? Still the Hand?

Just curious! :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Primarch

Dead. 'James Stark' is the new Lord of Winterfel.