Agents of Darkness [Interest Check/Recruitment] - Started 11-1-16

Started by Blue Nova, October 12, 2016, 02:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything, I'm just asking but if someone has a problem with anything I said, let me know.  I'm not trying to start any trouble, I'm not trying to be weird or anything like that, but if there's an issue with anything I might have said or you thought I said, you can talk to me about it and I'll try to clear things up to the best of my abilities.  Or you can PM Blue Nova again instead of simply saying something to me like an adult.

EDIT:  Now you have a reason to PM Blue Nova since this could be considered offensive, although it wasn't meant to be.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Lustful Bride

The game hasn't even started and already everyone is butting heads.  Can we all calm down and be like adults? :P

Talk this shit out and treat eachother good?

Rel Mayer

Sorry if my comment offended anyone, but I just saw a behavior and wanted to address it to avoid problems later on in the game.

I was just making sure that this game I signed up for was story driven with smut elements, rather than 100% focus on smut. If that offended anyone--I apologize.

Blue Nova

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 16, 2016, 03:40:33 PM
I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything, I'm just asking but if someone has a problem with anything I said, let me know.  I'm not trying to start any trouble, I'm not trying to be weird or anything like that, but if there's an issue with anything I might have said or you thought I said, you can talk to me about it and I'll try to clear things up to the best of my abilities.  Or you can PM Blue Nova again instead of simply saying something to me like an adult.

EDIT:  Now you have a reason to PM Blue Nova since this could be considered offensive, although it wasn't meant to be.

Vergil, there is a reason why i tried to find a compromise in PMs. Throwing your dirty laundry out in the threads is one reason why I had to take a hiatus from GPaW... щ(ಥ益ಥщ).

However, since you want this public, very well. Most people want the game to be a certain way and not play with others that want it another way. You an very kind guy and bubbly guy Vergil but this is not the game for you. I won't kick you out of GPaW, but I will ask you not to join this one please.

Vergil1989

Well since I haven't been posting in GPaW since way back in August or something it's not that big a deal right now anyway, but thank you for your compassion Blue.  I already sent a PM saying I wasn't joining this one anyway, but just so there's no confusion, I already know this isn't GPaW.  I only said that if this was anything LIKE the game we came from then no, smut wouldn't be a part of this so much.  As for whatever else I might have said to offend, I do apologize for that, but as I also said in PM, I won't worry about continuing to post here because I'll apparently have to censor myself far more than I normally do.  So good luck, have fun, and I won't be seeing you around in this one.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Blue Nova

Okay, now that drama is out of the way. We got Sylvanas and Alduin left

Laughing Hyena

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!

Or just be happy Blue is back to GMing. Have fun folks, he'll do you right. ^_^

scribus1000

Think I'll wait until after the initial wave of protagonists before joining in with a character sheet.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Chronoclasm

It looks like we have a pretty good group going for this game. Exciting!

Hopefully a couple more players will take up the vacant seats while they're still vacant? ;)
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

minerva7790

Quote from: Chronoclasm on October 16, 2016, 05:48:38 PM
Hopefully a couple more players will take up the vacant seats while they're still vacant? ;)

Well, I'm still hoping for an answer to my previous question. Could do with some advice, since I think I'd be nice not to have two player characters serve the same master. :)

Quote from: minerva7790 on October 16, 2016, 10:30:22 AM
This sounds interesting... Would you consider Catherine (from the video game of the same name) a villain? And which master would she serve?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Bibliophilia

I suggest Sylvanas, Minerva!  It makes sense for Catherine, and I believe that Blue would agree that she definitely counts as a villain.

Blue Nova

Agreed, she would probably be under Sylvanas.

FarFetched

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 16, 2016, 04:51:36 PM
Okay, now that drama is out of the way. We got Sylvanas and Alduin left

Actually, isn't Midna a follower of Sylvanas? I think it's Sovereign and Alduin we're missing people for.

Chronoclasm

After a quick inventory, it looks like Alduin's the last slot not claimed (assuming nobody drops out before the game goes live, and assuming Blue doesn't start accepting "doubles"):

Ganondorf - Chronoclasm
Dracula - Rel Mayer
Shao Kahn - Aiden
Diablo - BarbaraGordon
Alduin -
Sovereign - Niki315
Darth Revan - Bibliophilia
Giovanni - FarFetched
Albert Wesker - Lustful Bride
Sarah Kerrigan - Red Lobster
Sylvanas Windrunner - Dhi
Sephiroth - Blue Nova

ALDUIN, The Bane of Kings

ALDUIN
The Bane of Kings
History: Alduin was necromantic dragon who sought to bring all of Skyrim to their knees. Eventually conquering all of Tamriel, and bring them under his rule. While mer and man fought over who was superior, he would show that that it was obviously dragons who should rule. However, the dragonborn came to stop him, and almost did too, if not for the intervention of the deadra known as Hermaeus Mora. For Aludin was given a vision from the dark god, showing him his defeat by the dragonborn's hand. With this vision, Alduin showed Paarthurnax that mankind would eventually betray him as well, but there was a way an alternative to laying down and dying. There were worlds still untouched by war, with powerful champions that could break the cycle. Hermaeus Mora told Alduin of other dragons he could call to his aid, dragons even more powerful then he was. The notion aggravating, but acceptable. Alduin used the power of the deadric prince to fly to lands unknown. Where time and space had no meaning. Upon the dragon's return, he was powerful enough to not only defeat the dragonborn, but also defeat the deadra and aedra as well. Alduin then betrayed the deadric prince and devoured it's soul, gaining all the knowledge and power of Hermaeus Mora, and binding the others to his will.

Alduin currently seeks more knowledge and power, seeking to control the very fabric of the cosmos. He teaches his acolytes to always pursue forbidden knowledge and to worship dragons as the superior race. Dracul still wishes to consume the blood of Alduin, but acknowledges that he can gain more by working with the being than fighting him. Alduin does not share his knowledge, but would do so in exchange for favors. Sindragosa, Queen of the Frostbrood, is one of his greatest generals, and for the fact that she brought him many lost secrets of Azeroth before it was invaded by Diablo.

Motivation: To obtain all knowledge, especially forbidden knowledge. It is for this reason, Alduin's minions and Dracul's minions work together more often. He rewards those who bring him hidden, and especially forbidden text. Information deemed to dangerous for anyone to have.

Followers: Dragons and dragon worshipers often follow Alduin, as well as mages and scholars who seek power and knowledge.

Granted Power: Alduin educates his minions in the art of "Dragon Shouts", or "Thu'um". Teaching them the language of Dragons, which causes several spell effects depending on how diverse his followers have studied. The stronger shouts take a bit of time before their voice can executed again. However, this power allows for several versatile combat functions. As the character can either study many of them, or focus on just one or two of them. Keep in mind that Dragon Shouts are very diverse, some control weather, some teleport you, or even mind control enemies. The Dragon Shouts basically make you a mage.

I don't know anything about Catherine, but would dragon shouts serve her well? ::)
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Rel Mayer

Catherine is this wonderful character that puts her boyfriend through trials and tribulation to see if he's really serious about her.

It's kinda hilarious. If here is a council member that has something to do with psyche, that would work well!

Blue Nova

Dhi and Vergil withdrew so it has 2 opens

Ganondorf - Chronoclasm
Dracula - Rel Mayer
Shao Kahn - Aiden
Diablo - BarbaraGordon
Alduin -??
Sovereign - Niki315
Giovanni - FarFetched
Sylvanas Windrunner - ??
Sephiroth - Blue Nova

Chronoclasm

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 16, 2016, 07:59:05 PM
Catherine is this wonderful character that puts her boyfriend through trials and tribulation to see if he's really serious about her.

Hah. ;D Sounds like most girlfriends, then?

And roger, Blue. Two seats open then!

Rel Mayer

Blue Nova

Ganondorf - Chronoclasm
Dracula - Rel Mayer
Shao Kahn - Aiden
Diablo - BarbaraGordon
Alduin - Deamonbane
Sovereign - Niki315
Giovanni - FarFetched
Sylvanas Windrunner - minerva7790
Sephiroth - Blue Nova

EDIT: But I could switch if Minerva wants Catherine to have Materia instead of Resurrection abilities.
Sheets Made

Deamonbane

Under Review
Miraak
MASTER: Alduin

HOMEWORLD: The world of Tamriel has been at war for many years between men and mer of all races and nationalities, vying for dominance. But there is one irrefutable fact: The Dragons rule the land with an iron fist. Or did until the knowledge of the Thu'um was bestowed upon a dark and violent Dragon priest known as Miirak.

APPEARANCE: Tall, elegant, handsome in a brutal sort of way, Miraak stands apart from most creatures, man, beast or deity. He has a powerful presence, his eyes, the color of a winter sky, well capable of making any man to cower, no matter his bravery or standing. His deep voice has commanded dragons to come down from the sky, and has little issue in making common mortals to bend to his will. He is an Altmer Elf, and as such has the traditional pointed ears and long flowing hair of a white/blonde shade, and built tall and lean.

SEXUALITY: Fluid

PERSONALITY: Miraak is a very arrogant and rash individual, believing that his Dragonborn heritage sets him above his former dragon masters. Miraak proves to be fiercely independent and seems to be motivated solely by his lust for power. This can be seen not only through his initial betrayal of the Dragons at the height of their power, but also through his ease in the manipulating and almost destroying of his fellow Dragon Priests. Ultimate Power is his aim, and nothing will stop him from achieving it.

HISTORY: During the period of time when dragons ruled over mortals, Miraak served as a dragon priest on the island of Solstheim. He came into possession of a Black Book which in turn led him to servitude under Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Fate, who taught him a means to great power: a dragon shout capable of bending dragons to his will.

With this forbidden knowledge in his possession, Miraak turned on his dragon masters, using it, and his power as Dragonborn, to devour their souls to become ever more powerful. During the Dragon War, the ancient Nord heroes Hakon One-Eye, Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, and Felldir the Old had pleaded for Miraak to use his power as Dragonborn to assist them in defeating Alduin. However, Miraak refused to do so and instead attempted his own rebellion against the dragons. Because of his betrayal, the dragons razed his temple on Solstheim.

His rebellion was unsuccessful and he was defeated by another Dragon Priest named Vahlok who was then made his jailor, restraining him to Solstheim. Other accounts mention that just as Vahlok was about to kill Miraak, Hermaeus Mora saved him by transporting him to the realm of Apocrypha. The truth was far more complex, as he tumbled through the void and into the Veil.

POWERS:
Thu'um: With the voices of dragons, Miraak can breathe fire, ice or lightning, move with the speed of the wind, tearing the world asunder with a whisper, among many, many other skills. He possessed it before, but as a (temporary) servant of Alduin, it has been improved in power, control and diversity.

Silver Tongue: A part of his gift from Alduin, the Thu'um enters his voice even as he speaks, bending minds and thoughts to his will with only his words. Only the strong of mind can resist his influences, and even then, it requires a great deal of conscious mental, and even physical effort to fight against his influence.

Magic: Trained in the arts of magic, Miraak has no compulsion over using it, from the simplest spells to the darkest arcane incantations to achieve his goals.

SKILLS:
Leadership: A charismatic leader even before Alduim made him magnetic, he has a capacity for great thought, especially when it comes to all matters military. Tactics, both on the battlefield and in rooms of power, come as a second nature to him, and he always has a knack for drawing the most out of his followers.

Melee: While mildly gifted in the field of ranged combat, Miraak transcends the concept of melee warfare. As a fighter, his fighting style is beautiful, poetry in motion, almost masking his brutal efficiency, speed and deadly purpose. Miraak knows or has known an equal to his prowess with any weapon.

FLAWS:
Arrogance: Despite his great intelligence, or perhaps because of it, Miraak has difficulty with the concept that he might be wrong in any way. As such, if he is manipulated, he will be incapable or unwilling to see it, as he believes that he would have seen through any attempt at manipulation.

Weakness: While he is incredibly fast and agile, Miraak isn't very physically strong. In melee, it works out for him, but it also means that heavy armor on a strong opponent would make it difficult for him to end the fight quickly. In close quarters, where his speed might be hampered and agility lost, he would be at a definite disadvantage.

INVENTORY: Perhaps the most significant piece of Miraak's inventory is his sword (Pictured). Called Lightfang, the blade was forged from the bones of a dragon, the greatest that Miraak ever killed, and infused with the heart of a Daedric prince. While possessed of no particular enchantments, it functions like a staff, allowing Miraak to focus his Magica through it, making for many hundreds of different incantations to be applied to it with a whisper. It is also nigh-unbreakable, be it with heat, cold, magic or other weapons. It is a hand-and-a-half sword, long and yet light in Miraak's hands and heavier than a mountain in the hands of any other.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Blue Nova

I like it Bane, he seems very versatile too. The only thing i need is how he came to be in Alduin's service, after Alduin ate/fused with Hermaeus Mora. Other than that I approve this.

Blue Nova

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 16, 2016, 05:09:31 PM
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!

Or just be happy Blue is back to GMing. Have fun folks, he'll do you right. ^_^

TO BATTLE!

Sorry i missed your comment earlier Hyena, thanks for the vote of confidence!

BruceTheCat

Sorry for the delay guys. Will work on my sheet tonight!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Deamonbane

*nods* I was struggling to come up with one last night. Wasn't at my best, just did the frustration thing. Added a physical flaw now :)
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby