Damn you, Firefox!

Started by persephone325, March 20, 2014, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

OK. So I use multiple browsers on my computer, because I've had problems with every browser at least once and always keep back ups. lol

Recently, Firefox hasn't let me on to hardly any websites. It directs me to a page that looks like this:

So I add the security exception, and make it permanent. But that doesn't work. It takes me to some sort of raw version of FB where I can't click on anything.

I looked around for information, and found that sometimes the internet messes up if you have the wrong date/time listed on your computer. So I made sure to sync my computer clock with the internet, and it STILL gives me this crap.

Looked around some more, and found that this:

Quote(site name) uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Usually means this:

QuoteYou may have enabled SSL scanning in your security software such as ESET or BitDefender. Try to disable this option.

But I have no goddamn idea what the hell that even means! I don't even have those programs on my computer!! I even uninstalled and re-installed FF, and tried deleting the cert8.db file from the folder so FF could create a new one. THAT didn't work either. >:(

(Whoops. This probably should have been in "Computer Problems". Sorry!)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oniya

What version of Windows are you using?

(Also - moved it for ya!  ;) )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Quote from: Oniya on March 20, 2014, 09:36:06 PM
What version of Windows are you using?

(Also - moved it for ya!  ;) )

Thanks. Sorry about that. ^^

I'm using Windows 8. But this problem is fairly recent. I never had this problem before.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Vekseid

It looks like something destroyed Firefox's root certificate store somehow?

Only thing I can suggest right off is a complete reinstall, unless there's a root cert install only deal somewhere.

persephone325

Quote from: Vekseid on March 20, 2014, 09:39:55 PM
It looks like something destroyed Firefox's root certificate store somehow?

Only thing I can suggest right off is a complete reinstall, unless there's a root cert install only deal somewhere.

Complete re-install of FF, do you mean?

Also, I can access other websites just fine. (Polyvore, Dark Souls Wiki. Those are only two I tested.) But it also gave me the same message when I tried to access Elliquiy.
I don't know.

Vekseid

Quote from: persephone325 on March 20, 2014, 09:43:13 PM
Complete re-install of FF, do you mean?

Also, I can access other websites just fine. (Polyvore, Dark Souls Wiki. Those are only two I tested.) But it also gave me the same message when I tried to access Elliquiy.

SSL-only is not common for forums. Elliquiy and Fetlife are the only two 'small' communities I know of that do it.

Do Chrome and IE do the same thing? That would imply a much worse problem if so. If they work, though, then reinstalling is your best option.

persephone325

I realize I completely forgot about this thread.

I'm not sure what happened, but the problem fixed itself. I have no idea what happened. I just hope this problem doesn't pop up again, otherwise I'll be asking for help...again. Haha.

But thank you Veks and Oniya for helping me. ^^
I don't know.

Beguile's Mistress

I know there are changes when Firefox updates which it does periodically.  I'll lose something on one update and get it back latter. 

Vekseid

Quote from: persephone325 on April 21, 2014, 04:24:02 PM
I realize I completely forgot about this thread.

I'm not sure what happened, but the problem fixed itself. I have no idea what happened. I just hope this problem doesn't pop up again, otherwise I'll be asking for help...again. Haha.

But thank you Veks and Oniya for helping me. ^^

I did a force-update of people's signatures and all pms. >_>

Oniya

[curious]Would that be to make sure that links and images in them all had the https:// where Elliquiy is concerned?[/curious]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17