Any Gundam fans in the crowd?

Started by SargentToughie, April 11, 2010, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

i plan on starting in like the Sazabi and then later upgrading to like teh ZZ gundam if Demonwing is cool with that.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Paladin

pendarious

oh i know. it was actually my favorite out of all of char's machines....i mean the hyaku shiki was pretty cool but the sazabi was waaaaay better.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

SargentToughie

Glad to see that you guys are taking a shining to the Gundam RP, the conversations is what makes stuff like this work in my mind. However, I'd like to address a few statements and questions that were aimed at me, or that I'd like to address.

1) I'm not using any type of rules system in this RP, I'd like to get a grasp on GMing for this site with a bit of Freeform. And besides, assigning attributes restricts freeflow creativity, which I'm a major fan of. Naturally, everybody is going to have their strengths and weaknesses, but this is something that should be worked into the story. Any rules concerning post limits will

2) Starting out in a simpler mobile suit and later stepping it up to a Gundam is fine with me. It makes for some fun storytelling opportunities if the right people do the right swapping.

3) Could you guys have your next posts consist of Character sheets? I'd like to start the planning process for this game. Here's my sheet that you guys can use as an example.

Character sheet
Name: Cecilia Stargrove
Description: Has long, pale blond hair that she rarely puts up, with a pair of equally pale green eyes. She has more of a classic beautiful look to her, standing at about 5' 6'' and frequently wearing a dress of some sort.
backstory: at the young age of nineteen years old, this young lady had lived a surprisingly sheltered life. Living within the nobility of the Earth's population, she had no idea about the terrible things that were happening right outside the border. But when Earth based security police broke into her house and killed her father for being an Arteron engineer, everything changed. Looking into her father's files later that night, she found that he had laid out blueprints for a series of ultra-powerful machines called "Gundams". Looking at all the different Gundam models, something stuck out in her mind. One of these suits, the one dubbed "Legacy", it said in it's description that there was only one person in all the universe that was able to pilot it... It was the engineer's daughter, Cecilia.
Primary mobile suit: Legacy Gundam
Mobile suit description: It's primary colors alternate between White, Blue, and Gold. On the upper wrist of each arm lays a slim and sleek barrel that fires out an incredibly powerful energy beam from either arm.  On it's back are a pair of Gold and Blue "Wings". These wings are able to provide extra thruster power, as well as break apart into individual fingers that pivot independently from one another and each fire extremely powerful energy bursts. For close range combat, the Legacy has a pair of beam swords hidden away on either thigh.
Other information: The Legacy is a very unusual mobile suit, as it actually connects with Cecilia's mind, and pilots itself based on the commands she gives mentally. How this is possible is currently a mystery, but it allows the Legacy to have borderline humanlike reflexes and reaction speeds. However, smart pilots and even smarter engineers will be able to find several ways to use this telepathic control style against her.

Thanks in advance.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

pendarious

Pilot Name:Drake
Title: The red comit (i hope you don't mind me using Char's Nickname)
Height: 5"11
Weight: 220
Eye Color: hazel

Background: Karl Henderson is his real name and he is the son of one of the wealthy earth federation leaders but despises his father. he is an incredibly ambitious youth and has his eyes set on one day taking over the earth federation. he was raised as a soldier and is very skilled in mobile suit combat. He's a charismatic youth who plans to use his station in the military as a basis for his take over. one day he was gifted the mobile suit Sazabi and took it out for a testrun. the machine performed splendedly and he began to take down the Arteron resistance forces even more mercilessly than before. He is a commander in the forces.

Mobile suit: Sazabi

Equipment and design features: sensors, range 22600 meters; psycommu system; psycoframe cockpit frame; 2 x external propellant tank, ejectable, mounted on backpack
Fixed armaments: mega particle gun, power rated at 8.8 MW, mounted in torso; 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in forearms, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm, mounts 3 x small missile
Optional hand armaments: beam shotrifle, power rated at 10.2 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap; beam tomahawk, stored in recharge rack in shield, hand-carried in use
Remote weapons: 6 x funnel (mounts beam gun, power rated at 10.6 MW), stored in backpack storage podsequipment:

i hope this is ok.......and i'llpost a new sheet when i need to update his stuff like when he gets the gundam.

SargentToughie

Wow, your character sheet blew my expectations out of the water, bravo!

And that'll do for now, we'll put him in a Gundam as the story unfolds.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Paladin

Sure.

Character sheet
Name: Kyle Reaper
Description: Tall and thin Kyle does not look the muscular sort. Yet underneath that skinny bad boy fram lies pure lean muscle and wiery sinue. He is an animal built for speed. His long black hair is mostly pulled back from his face except for this one lock that always seems to be there to cover his left eye. His usual manner of dress is a pair of jeans, a T-shirt, and a strange sleeveless black trenchcoat along with fingerless gloves. All of it is black. Noone has ever seen his eyes due to the fact that he wears a strange set of Silver mirrored shades that he always wears even at night.

Primary mobile suit: Godstorm Gundam
Mobile suit description: It's primary colors are a mix of White and Gold with highlights of red. The suit itself looks like a modern techno knight out of a fantasey. ON its back are two sets of great wings that are easily as long as the gundam is tall. One set of wings look like techno stylized angel wings while the other set is batlike in shape and design. When these wings close they can withstand almost anything... including flying into the corona of a star. the only problem is they One of the strange abilities of these wings is that they are the part of some sort of energy collector for weapons power. The wings also can use the stored energy to fier beams of energy from the talons on the tops of the batlike wings in any direction. These beams are less powerful than the main weapond batteries but are perfect for destroying missles or damaging other mechs. The main use for the stored energy is for a massive energy explosion that centers on the Gundam istelf and spreads outwards very fast out to a distance of one mile. This blast destroys anything it touches but leaves the the Godstorm perfectly unharmed. However the use of this super weapon leaves the gundam without power for a full minute until the wings collect enough energy to power the gundam back up. There is also another drawback to this system. Due to the unique connection between the gundam and Kyle the use of the super weapon severly drains Kyle of chi energy. Successive uses could even kill him.

The left hand of the Godstorm Gundam is a hand tipped with energy claws and on the outside of the arm is an energy shield emitter for blocking attacks. The center of the claw palm can project short range energy beams
Mounted over the shopulders are a pair of hyper energy cannons that are devestating and on the back is storage space for an extreamly accurate beam rifle. The Cannons can be boosted with power from the storage capacitors.
Stored in a compartment on the left him is a broad bladed energy sword that can slice through gundanium like a hot knife through butter

Other information: The GodStorm Gundam is a unique prototype made by an unknown creator. Its uniqness come with the fact that its not a traditional cockpit design but one that the fighter stands up in. The mech responds to every kick and punch and manuver the pilot can perform. However the mech is so linked with the pilot that it uses his own life energy in certain circumstances. The longer he fights the more exhausted he becomes.

Kyle himself has no knowlegde of his past. All he knows is that ten years ago he was found floating in space in a completly drained and battle damaged godstorm Gundam.

SargentToughie

thanks to the both of you for a pair of incredible Character sheets, you both gave me what I asked for and a little more. There are still a few people that have expressed interest in the RP that haven't posted character sheets yet. I'm going to start the game whenever those people get to me with their characters.

The deadline is tomorrow, that's when I'm going to start the RP regardless of who's in and who's not.
Ons and offs

pendarious

i forgot he has a dragonic shaped mask over the top half of his head

i'd like to play the blonde haired char clone if you don't mind

SargentToughie

You're making him like the OO char clone? Or he IS the OO char clone.

Obviously, having Gram Acre... Or however you spell it... walking around would cause some issues, but I don't have any issues with you making a person that's similar to him.
Ons and offs

pendarious

no i'm not makin ghim the 00 char clone and that was a samaurai mask on his face....i mean i'm making him a char-chalone the draonic mask is kinda like a helm wherre it's like the top half of the dragons head with the jaw opening up over his nose......i would draw it but i don't have a scanner here in the dorm.

SargentToughie

My mistake, and go right on ahead with your idea. Every Gundam story needs a Char clone, it's about as mandatory as Haro.
Ons and offs

Paladin

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 12, 2010, 09:07:38 PM
My mistake, and go right on ahead with your idea. Every Gundam story needs a Char clone, it's about as mandatory as Haro.

indeed. wait who's Haro?

pendarious

*laughs* your right there always has to be a haro and there always has to be a char clone unless of course it's UC then it's Char himself. lol

haro is the annoying little ball thing that says "haro haro"

Paladin

Quote from: pendarious on April 12, 2010, 09:10:22 PM
*laughs* your right there always has to be a haro and there always has to be a char clone unless of course it's UC then it's Char himself. lol

haro is the annoying little ball thing that says "haro haro"

Oh that thing. Never could understand what it was saying.

SargentToughie

Quote from: Paladin on April 12, 2010, 09:18:21 PM
Oh that thing. Never could understand what it was saying.

Don't worry about it... It never says anything relevant to the story... ever
Ons and offs

Jarod1

here is my character sheet.  if I need to alter it I will. other than that there you go.

Name:April Cross
Description:  Auburn red hair that she keeps relatively short in a pony tail.  Intense emerald green eyes, that seem to pierce the soul.  Fair skin despite her hard life.  She is often seen wearing baggy brown pants, and a tank top.  She also wears a simply wooden cross on a necklace. 
Personality:  April is friendly and cheerful most of the time, but her smile hides the truth about her past.  She is very dedicated to the cause and changing things for the better on earth.  She doesn't talk about herself much.  Only the higher up even know where she came from and they respect her privacy enough not to tell anyone.
Background:  April was orphaned at the age of 10 and sold into slavery to pay off her parents debt to a wealthy lord.  Her life was a living hell as she was purchased by a cruel man.  She along with several other slaves cleaned his manor, cooked his food, and served as companionship for him.  Lucky for her she was too young for his tastes when she was first purchased, but she heard the horror stories of those he took to his bed.  April had a fierce spirit and she vowed that she would not become a whore  for this man and in the back of her mind worked on plans to escape.

One day when she was sixteen years old and had begun to blossom into a beautiful young woman the master of the house finally decided to bring her to his bed.  She went to his room as he had ordered prepared with a plan to kill him when he started to force himself on her.  As he threw her to the bed April slide a tiny knife she had taken from the kitchen earlier into her hand and stabbed him in the back when he pounced on her.  Though the initial stike didn’t kill him it did give her a chance to run, and though she was scared she knew it would be her best chance to escape.  On that day April became a fugitive and a woman on the run.  She feared being found by the police.  Eventually she was found by a group called Arteron.  They had learned about her via spies at the police office and offered her a chance to change things on earth if she joined their cause.  Eventually April agreed and was taken to their base.  Her courage and ingenuity had been was drew them to her and she soon surprised everyone including herself when she was tested in a mobile suit and tested better than most of their experienced pilots. 

Primary mobile suit: Gundam White Knight

Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3647 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 87003 kg total
Equipment and Design features:  sensors, range unknown, "Zero System" combat computer/pilot interface in cockpit; self-destruct system
Fixed armaments: beam sword, directly powered by generator via cable, stored in rack on right hip armor, hand-carried in use;  2 x machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted on torso;  2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on left forearm, mounts heat rod, retractable

pendarious

not bad jarod.  i have to say when i first saw your name the first thing i thought was Jarod Mesa from zeta gundam

Jarod1

Thank you.  heh,  I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.  that pretty funny.

Edit 1: changed a few things about my mobile suit.  Enjoy.

Silk

Pilot Name: Nanami Winner
Title: Heiress to the Winner family
Height: 5"8
Weight: 130lb
Eye Color: One green one blue
Hair: White

Background: As the third in line to the Winner foundation, Nanami for the most part has been considered to have a rather comfortable and uneventful life. That is until the Arteron rose to power. Nanami is entirely unaware of the Winner foundation's involvement in Arteron, when they happened to be one of the largest suppliers of the group. As unfarmilliar people talk to the head and pass through the headquaters she just assumes they are other buisnessmen.

Nanami's life has indeed been rather sheltered, having little need for much throughout her life. Although as a humbling experience, she is often seen spending time in the arabic nations of earth to see just how lucky she has it. She has had experience in piloting mobile suits, but never in combat. Not a very avid fan of combat and violence Nanami tries to avoid it if she is given the oppotunity.

Primary mobile suit: Taurus

Armor materials: titanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; optional mobile doll AI control system
Fixed armaments: none
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle; beam cannon; laser gun

Jarod1

Nice character silk, I like the concept of her not being aware that her familys foundation is involve in Arteron.  Maybe my character could be body guard for Nanami or something along those lines.  Let me know and maybe we can discuss.

pendarious

hehe nice character silk. a pacifist character is also almost a mandatory for gundam

Paladin

Wow everyone has characters posted up. NIce!

pendarious

and we'll be starting sometime today according to demon.

Paladin

Quote from: pendarious on April 13, 2010, 11:15:32 AM
and we'll be starting sometime today according to demon.

He's not really a Demon, he's just terribly misunderstood. ;)