News:

Main Menu

Lilac

Started by Elvi, March 01, 2008, 06:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

Lilac is a very 'private' person and this shows in the way she has left us.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13284.msg538001#new

She will probably hate me for doing this, but I cannot allow her to just dissappear without us being able to say our goodbyes too.

Lilac,
You have meant a lot to me over the years.
Without yourself and Vekseid, this site would not have been set up.
Without this site, I would not have found my 'second home' and the 'family' that is here.

We have had our 'tiffs', over the time, we have hnown each other, but *shrugs* they mean nothing to me at all, they happen in Family.
(I noticed that you have changed your avatar, to the one I made you, after a silly conversation about your role here. That made me smile and remember some of the light hearted times we have had.) 

I am going to miss you a lot, the same way in which I would miss a sister if she left home and hope that you will at least pop in from time to time and see us.

*Gives Lilac huge Elvi hugs*

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

kongming

*hugs Lilac* Please visit at least. For the short time I've known you here, you have been a nice person. When I first arrived, I had the feeling you and Elvi were the Good Cop and Bad Cop respectively, for the introduction thread.

Take care!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Sabby

Awww... it sucks that I at least didn't get to talk to her before she left :( well, whatever it is, its her reasons, and I wish her luck with them. *big, cuddly Sabbat brand hug* take care Lilac :3

Celestial Goblin

Lilac, thanks a lot for all the effort put into this wonderful community.
I really enjoy Elliquiy and I'm sad to see you go.

NightBird

Lilac ~

All of us here owe you a tremendous debt for everything you've done in creating and maintaining the site. You have my thanks for every aspect of your involvement here, and my gratitude that you didn't just give up on text-based roleplay when that mess happened on the other site.

I echo Elvi's words here in saying that Elliquiy has become much more than a roleplay venue to me. It's my home in cyberspace, and a significant source of joy. While I'm saddened that it hasn't been that same joy to you, I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to pursue, and I hope that voicing how I feel wasn't an intrusion on your desire to leave without fanfare.

Hunter

We'll miss you.  I hope that things go well for you.  It was a pleasure having you around.

Spookie Monster

Thank you very much for everything, Lilac.  I sincerely appreciate all that you've done over the years.  Please do drop in from time to time...

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Mia

*standing apploads for a woman that really have made a difference*
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

Trieste

<3 Lilac. Miss you very much, and I wish you the very, very best.

strangely made

It's going to feel odd on Elliquiy with out you Lilac, we always knew you were there hiding, watching and looking over us.

Please let us know from time to time how you're doing.

And just because we know you love it so much :)

ph0R 5H3'2 4 j0lLy 900d PH3LL0w, pH0R 5H3'2 4 J0LlY 900D ph3ll0W

PH0R 5H3'2 4 J0lly 900d Ph3ll0w (P4u23), 7H47 n080DY c4n d3NY

wh1cH n080DY C4N d3NY, 7h47 N080dy c4N d3Ny

pH0r 5H3'2 4 j0lLy 900d ph3lL0W (P4U23), wh1CH n080Dy c4n d3Ny

h1P h1P H00r4Y

h1P h1P H00r4Y

h1P h1P H00r4Y

Elvi

*blinks*

Just say the word Lilac and I'll have him stripped and on the rack....

rainshadow

Well, I'm sure we'll see and hear from Lilac from time to time. I personally don't know exactly what this all means, considering we haven't exactly gotten a chance to get to know one another, but judging by the integrity of the site as a whole, I'd say Lilac is of strong character herself. Thanks for playing a part in getting this fine community off the ground.

I wish for you clear skies and smooth sailing!
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Nothing

Lilac!! We'll all miss you!! You have to come back and visit, you can't just abandon us!! It's not allowed!! Plus, you have to read all the nice things we said about you :P

Soulsemmer

If you come back and see this, Lilac, you'll know we all miss you. You were more than just a "mother hen"... you were an inspiration. You were fair and good, and I know you'll be welcome back at any time.

Besides, anyone who lets a kook like me in the door can't be bad in my book (teehee!).
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

MadPanda

YIPE!!!   :o :o :o
the things I miss by not keeping Foreplay expanded in my view  :-\

So long, Lilac.  Thank you for everything!
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

King_Furby

I never knew Lilac other then the role she filled here. But i know she was and still is important to alot of people here, she is one of the faces of this website as everyone at least knows of her. I am just glad this site is strong enough to survive without her.

I hope life is good to you Lilac, good luck in the future.

While i am not one of the most active here and i normally just stick to my games i also have found a home here. There are alot of fun interesting people here, i hope to be here long into the future.

Cherri Tart

aww.. i missed this until just now.  I just want to thank Lilac for her hand in creating a safe haven for all of us to write and play and make friends and for those of us who have few or no outlets for their less conventional tastes, a place where they feel welcome.  I wish you all the best and hope that you will keep an eye on us from time to time and know that there is nothing but love and the best of wishes in my heart for you, despite the fact that i never truly got the chance to know you. 

good luck and blessing upon you in all your endevours,
Cherri
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Elvi

Those of you, who were around this time last year, will remember the fantastic April fools joke that Lilac pulled on us.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9421.0

(click on the link in her second post to see part of what she did)

Today, we had nothing.....*sighs*.....but today reminded me to 'bump' this thread so that others who have missed it, may have a second chance....

King_Furby

strangely made

A much better joke than the cruelness inflicted on me on another forum.

How can posting a moving Rick Astely avatar be funny?

Vekseid

I was going to do something today but had a not very serious but excruciatingly painful medical issue... So it rather cut down on my list of doable things.

King_Furby

Quote from: strangely made on April 01, 2008, 02:28:47 PM
A much better joke than the cruelness inflicted on me on another forum.

How can posting a moving Rick Astely avatar be funny?

Ok what is with this sudden rick astely obsession. I am a member of two other forms and people on both of those have been posting rick astely you tube videos. Seriously this is one strange day to have him mentioned this often lol.

Lilac

Thank you for the warm farewells!

*flees*

kongming

Lilac: You're welcome ^^

King Furby: It goes back to the earlier days of 4chan's /v/ideo games forum. Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down...

Anyway, someone linked to "the latest trailer for _____" (I can't remember which game it was), and hundreds of people clicked the link, only to find themselves looking at Rick Astley's "Never gonna' give you up". That led to the term "to Rickroll someone", and it became famous.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Rickroll for more info

Warning: In the links section at the bottom, just don't click them. Half are just more Rickrolls, the other half are malicious links that will cause you to have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of your browser and complain a bit.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Elvi

Quote from: Lilac on April 06, 2008, 12:06:20 AM
Thank you for the warm farewells!

*flees*

I'm pleased that you snuck on to be able to see them.....*hugs*