The Epic Of Ethrenia: Interest Check and Applications [NC-E]

Started by Tankou, September 18, 2009, 01:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cythieus

You have to reroll the 1s so you're going to need to go in and roll 1d6 for all of the 1s and added them and drop the lowest.

And I was going to say, I don't think I need to buy armor, it would actually hurt me more than help.

Doomsday

That's funny, I never got 1's in mine, at least not out of the highest 4 taken. Sweet.

Cythieus

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on September 23, 2009, 08:59:55 AM
That's funny, I never got 1's in mine, at least not out of the highest 4 taken. Sweet.

I didn't get 1's either that time. Dice rollers are odd programs I have seen them roll six un answered 20s. And some people can't get out of single digits. Does anyone need any help or resources. I have a pretty extensive D&D library and I can look up stuff for you.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on September 23, 2009, 08:04:13 AM
Kate's character has 33 Cha :P

What?  I'm jealous...

Oh.  Kate:  1/4 of your total GP limit on any individual magic item, remember?  The Tome is nearly half your gold.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Cythieus

I so far have bought two items, Gloves of Dex and Amulet of Natural Armor (bringing my AC to 27)

If you need to make a weapon, use this.

http://mwtools.thyle.net/weapon_gen.html

Kate

oh really so tome ???

and i am making pale's character who i have penciled in to have armor of 113 000 gp ...

... you have been right every time so i might delay checking the 1/4 on any item for a day or so before I have to change her ... again lol :)

Kate

actually where does he say that we cant blow more them 1/4 of our wealth on any one item  ?

I don't think T said that anyway

T ?

Hunter

Quote from: WyzardWhately on September 23, 2009, 09:13:35 AM
What?  I'm jealous...

Oh.  Kate:  1/4 of your total GP limit on any individual magic item, remember?  The Tome is nearly half your gold.

Also rules out a holy avenger for me....oh well.

Hit points
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2263833/

13d10+130 → [8,9,3,7,10,5,5,7,5,10,3,10,8,130] = (220)

shadowspale

Someone at some point said not to spend more than a third on one item. I don't think it was the gm. I can't find who it was because it was in one of the threads that moved to this one.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Kate on September 23, 2009, 11:07:48 AM
actually where does he say that we cant blow more them 1/4 of our wealth on any one item  ?

I don't think T said that anyway

T ?

Quote from: Tankou on September 17, 2009, 02:07:16 PM
As far as wealth goes your wealth will be x1.5 the normal gold amount for a level 15 character though you can spend no more than a quarter of your wealth on any one item. Also mix up your items. Get backup wondrous items and such. They may not seem very special at first, but you will be surprised what use they may come in.

It's in the original recruitment thread:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=47441.0  Reply #8.

I haven't seen Tankou on IM in a few days, either.  He mentioned he was having some medical issues, so he may be laid up for a few days or something.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

Cythieus

Not spending more that 1/4 on an item is good, it makes sure items don't get too terribly broken.

WyzardWhately

Yeah, something like that is actually recommended in the DMG section that gives guidelines for higher than first level play.  Not everyone follows it, though.

Farabor

Just noticed Tankou has an away for a week message in his sig.....anyhow, if there's room open for a shapeshifter,   I've got a master of many forms concept I've been dying to try out somewhere.

Chloe Milev

Well, is there room in the original group, or are we signing up for a hypothetical second group?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

WyzardWhately

Well, we'd have to wait for Tankou to return in order to answer that, sadly.

Kate

Tankou

0.o!
Well I am glad to see so many people showing interest in the wonderful world of Ethrenia!
Now where to begin? -opens another window to view many different questions

Well first of all there is a hypothetical second group being made in the background constructed by most of you people's XP This isn't necessarily an evil or good or anything, just the fact that I don't like cramming 50 PC's in the same group. It gets complicated. I only allow a max of 6 PC's to every party. On the other hand I am looking for people who would like to GM in this campaign in he other groups cause this is the Epic of Ethrenia as the world rather than the epic of the single party itself.

hmmm.. First to hunter's original comment on page one (wow, sorry I am so late T_T)
Half dragons have an LA +4, if I am not mistaken off the top of my head. As a general rule I like having the max LA + for a level 15 to 19 campaign be +3, following a +1 LA for every five levels kind of rule. It helps make sure people don't purchase Kytons and such at level 11 and have one actual class level XD This normally results in a quick and tragic death to many a character T_T

To Doomsday Jesus! Reply Number 12!
Feel free to drop me a line, I am available when I am and not when I am not XP I have a strange schedule but normally you can find me on late at night, western pacific time.That is at least when I have internet which I have not had for the past week T_T
Also rogues are a good thing XP Go ahead and make it up and we will keep it ion standby,. that is unless some people drop out of the first party then the next people in the order will be filtered in because we need that XD

To Nonationarmy! Post 13!
I am glad to see another Eberron lover! But that is hardly the point!
Feel free to sign yourself up and depending on how well the first party goes and how fast we get another GM I will get you in as quick as I possibly can. I know some good little gm's that may have the guts to take up the zaniness of this campaign since they used to be in it and know some of the quirks that I like to include ^_^
Good scores btw, make your character up, slap it in the character sheet area and write above your character "STANDBY" because we are not yet sure what is gonna happen. If we ever get enough for a third party it would be "STANDBY 2" but I don't think we yet have to worry about that XD

To Doomsday Jesus, post 15!
I will approve those rolls. post up your character and if it is kinda chancey then run it by me but it should be good XP

To Doomsday Jesus, Post 17!
To that marvelous comment about the BOEF, that would be a yes! It is a book that I enjoy including into my campaigns, actually XP If anyone finds it and wished to incorporate a feat, skill, class, or anything else run it by me for approval ^_^

Nonationarmy, Post 18!
Holy crap that is a yummy Dex XD Anyway, good character sheet and all, when you finish it post it up!

Kate, Post 20!
I am pretty sure it is all good. If I see anything that ticks me off I will let it be known privately so that the player in person can secretly tweak the character a bit to my liking or to what needs to be done XP No worries Kate ^_^

Hunter, Post 24!
Good stats! Make your character! XD That is all XP

Kate, Post 31!
Woo this is a lot of replying XD
Anyway, YES! no more than 1/4th your gold on any one item, however, I didn't specify on multiples though I advise against it XP
I started following and making this rule when I once ran an epic campaign and the monk of the party decided it would be amazing simply to press all of her money into their fists and make it the ultimate god fists of doom... No matter what crazy powerful monsters I through the monk would kill them because they didn't need to spend money on armor >.>
Also, I have never been called T but I like it XP Thanks for adding a nickname to my already incredulously vast list of names XP

Hunter, Post 32!
I assume this already means you have made your half dragon character ^_^;; Well, regardless, even if it is skipping the rules I suppose I could let it slide this time for my own absence. Regardless, those are very nice HP, congratz Hunter ^_^

Shadowspale, Post 33!
That word of advice came from the dungeon master's guise 3.5 ^_^
I modified it for this campaign since we have such a large amount of money XP

Farabor, Post 37!
I believe I just sent you a pm regarding that XP Yes we are accepting for stuff, please be patient because I am trying to find other GMs XP You master f many forms sounds cool XP I am just waiting for a geomancer some day XD

Anyway I will now have it known that I am calling in WyzardWhately as a backup mod on these subjects. He has spoken with me at length about this rp and even though he will not be a GM I am counting on him, in time of my own absence, to keep the peace, moderate this board, PM me general basic stuff, fill me in on what has been happening, and so on. Please show him respect just as you would everyone else ^_^
hmmm.... that's all I think XP

Chloe Milev

Cool, nice wall of replies.

So I'll work on my Ghaele Eladrin for the reserve team.  I was wondering how Divine Power worked with a Ghaele.  In addition to the extra HP and Str, it maximizes your base attack bonus.  But as an outsider, a Ghaele already has 10 BAB for her 10 HD (or 9 for my level 15 version).  So would her BAB not change, or would it go up to their effective character level here, 15?  Just wondering, since if it doesn't change, she'll have to work on getting her attack up, as well as HP.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Cythieus

I honestly thought I had signed up in time to be part of the first party...

Chloe Milev

Ghaele Eladrin sheet STANDBY

And with Disguise Self at will, her various looks:  [dangit, have to change links.]

Natural appearance

Intimidating celestial splendor

Flowery knight of nature

Knight errant

Down-time
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

BigBuckBob

I am currently working on a Cleric for... I think the second group. Was a bit confused by the phrasing of T's response.

Thought I should probably inform the group.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Mnemaxa

I think I might be interested.  I'll poke around and see if I come up with anything that might be cool.

Edit:  I have come up with two somethings cool, and will build them just for fun, even if you're not taking.  But first...
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [6,5,5,3] = (19)
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [5,2,2,1] = (10) (modified to [5,2,2,3] = (12)
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [6,6,6,4] = (22)
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [6,5,4,3] = (18)
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [5,4,3,3] = (15)
5d6.takeHighest(4) → [6,4,3,3] = (16)

Rerolling the single 1 produced: 1d6 → [3] = (3)
Link will be gone in a day though.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2268955/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2268965/
I think I will be going with a Shadowcaster 5/Shadowsmith 10.  Not much of a spellcaster per se, but a very effective warrior who is never without weapons and armor - even naked.
Hit points have changed most likely....

The other idea was an alienist....which might put the fear of deity into those who know what one is.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Mystic Dragon

Hey Mnex and Buchanan! I was wandering through the recruitment threads for the first time in awhile and this game caught my eye. I have a couple of previous concepts, but I may start fresh. Consider this my "Showing interest" post until I have a sheet ready.

And since it's all about the numbers:

Dice Roll: 5d6v1r1 5d6v1r1 5d6v1r1 5d6v1r1 5d6v1r1 5d6v1r1
d6 Results: 4, 3, 4, 4 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 6, 6, 5, 6 (Total = 23)
d6 Results: 4, 5, 5, 6 (Total = 20)
d6 Results: 3, 3, 2, 4 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 6, 5, 6, 5 (Total = 22)
d6 Results: 5, 6, 4, 3 (Total = 18)
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Mnemaxa

For Tenkou's perusal and approval.  I'll post a bio in the Character sheet section if he approves. 

Necropolitian is a 0 LA augmented racial type, found in Libris Mortis.  Shadowcasters and Shadowsmiths, along with the odd items, are found in Tome of Magic.  She was human, but the human racial abilities are overridden by the template entirely (so no bonus feats, skills, etc).  Her starting stats of S:16, D:18, Cn:12, I:22, W:15, and Ch:19 were altered by +1 to Wis, Int, and Cha, and +2 to Str from a Manual of Gainful Exercise; she has no con score anymore.  She also receives all hit dice as 12 sided hit dice, and no Con bonus of course.

She's not exactly the most powerful character, but she is certainly frightening nonetheless.  Very difficult to kill, mostly because you have to be able to FIND her (Her hide and move silent totals are the envy of every rogue....)

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Farabor

I posted working numbers for a Druid/Master of many Forms/Warshaper (5/9/1) to the character sheet thread for consideration for the second party.   Though upon reflection, I think I'm going to remove the acid resistance (Major)....it really does make War Troll too powerful a form.