Asa Taiyou Academy [Anime, school life - Freeform] (recruiting females!)

Started by Annie, September 26, 2012, 10:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Asa Taiyou Academy

Japan, in a near future.

The Asa Taiyou Academy is one of the top educational institutions of the whole country. Year after year it keeps forming the best students whom usually stands out in  colleges and, later, in their professional lives. No wonder lots of teenagers tries to enter the high school, some attracted by the brilliant future it would assure to them, whilst others are attracted by the freedom that pervades its walls.

Yes, while the Asa Taiyou surely have a high reputation, many turn up their noses with the way it achieves it. The secret of the Academy success, according to its headmaster, its freedom. The students have freedom to attend classes as they wish, to study as they see fit, to live their passions as they teenagers lives demand, all without being afraid to be punished later. It’s a revolutionary teaching method that undoubtedly produced results until now.

The Academy uses a boarding school regime. While students have the said freedom, the course is slightly hard and still requires a lot of effort from the students to keep their good grades. Some rules still exists and are duly followed. Violence among students, for instance, are forbidden. But there are some students that know how to avoid being caught, so the life within the academy couldn’t be that easy...

About the scenario

There’s no much difference from the modern Japan. Only the technology and science is just a bit more advanced. But there’s two things worth mentioning, since they changed the culture a lot:

1 - The nekos:

Science discovered how to manipulate DNA freely. Medicine discovered how to cultivate living tissues in labs. And plastic surgery reached new heights. Among the practical applications of these discoveries, a new fashion rose in japan: the nekos. If you have enough money, you can buy animal features to implant in your body, without risk of rejection. Soon cat girls and boys (and other animals too) could be seen around all the country. Usually, a neko is way more attractive for the opposite sex. Of course there's no behavioural change on the neko, although there are people that likes to mimic the animal they have features in common. Most people finds this cute.

The 'nekofication' process have many versions, but they all have these key steps: First, the animal body parts chosen by the customer are brewed in lab. There's a slightly DNA manipulation of these parts so they can produce the proteins that could 'fool' the customer's body and let it accept these new parts as its own. Once brewed, these parts are implanted in the client's body in a surgery. After that, a hormonal treatment assures that the person's body fully adapts to the new animal features it now has.

2 - The P-AI’s

The technology brought new gadgets. Now it’s common to have your personal network to make your common tasks, reachable anywhere, anytime,. To manage this p-network, people began to use P-AI’s (Personal/Pet Artificial Intelligence) - a virtual entity  responsible for all the interaction with your network. A P-AI have its own personality and it is very loyal to its owner. They can manifest their holographical body nearly anywhere, as long as it have an interface to do so, for instance: cell phones, watches, tablets, PC’s, TV’s, etc. Soon the P-AI’s became very popular and now, nearly everyone have their own. Teenager girls, for instance, often uses magical fluffy animals as their P-AI’s avatars, while boys uses girls (no wonder) or badass hero-like avatars.

As expected, the P-AI's cannot have physical interaction with its surroundings, only with each other. But a user can buy an interface that can let him interact with his P-AI in a virtual reality. Sad news is that such interface is really expensive and not everyone has enough money to buy it.

P-AI's come with a pre set personality chosen by its user. This personality learns and adapts to its user as long as they coexist. But an user can install addons to his P-AI's to give it new quirks. It can be a new fighting style for a P-AI designed for competitions, or a series of naughty actions for the cute P-AI owned by a perverted teenager.

They are immune to reprogramming. Much was invested in P-AI's design when it comes to security. Viruses still exists, but P-AI's have a sturdy immunity system that only learns and grows stronger with every sickness its P-AI catches. Funny stuff is that the avatar appears to be sick when the system is infected.

Two P-AIs can only interact with one another if they both gives permission OR their owners give permission as well (even if the P-AI doesn't want to interact). The permission between two P-AIs is automatic, often accorded by their own will. For instance, if the two of them want to fight, they can already interact and begin to attack themselves. Owners must give their command to permit or forbid the interaction, and this order has a higher priority over the P-AI will. So, if that two P-AIs are fighting, one of his owners can stop the duel by ordering his P-AI to cancel the interaction. There are some people that installs a hack add-on on their P-AIs to allow them to interact with others even without permission. That's forbidden, of course, so they don't use this trick openly. And using this hack leave them open to attacks as well.

About the game!

First, this is an anime school life setting. Me and Hyena are GM'ing this one. I intend to keep a vanilla mood to this game, but eventually something NC could happen. This is my first attempt at GM'ing something, so bear with me. I'll try hard to make things enjoyable.

You can join as a student and you can make his/her P-AI as well. Just to make it clear, the nekos and the P-AI's won't be the focus of this game. I just put them to make an unique and more attractive scenario. So, if you don't want to RP your char's P-AI, that's fine. He/she doesn't need to have one, or maybe his/her P-AI doesn't have any personality nor an avatar.

There will be no major plot behind this, so it's up to the players to keep the story going. Nevertheless, me and Hyena will arrange some events to keep things going as well and player's suggestions are really  welcome.

Only thing I ask now from the players is commitment. Please, if you plan to join, make sure you can post at least 1~2 times per week.

Any questions, bring them on!

Character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] between 16 - 18

[b]Year:[/b] First, second or third academic year?

[b]Appearance:[/b] Image needed (of course, anime), description optional.

[b]Neko features:[/b] You can describe it in detail of just mention what kind of animal your char chose.

[b]Personality:[/b] How your char behaves, his quirks and flaws.

[b]Bio:[/b] Your char history. Doesn't need to be something dense.

[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b] Submissive/Dominant/Switch. A quick list of the on's you're planning to explore in this game would be nice, too.

[b]P-AI Name:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] again, a picture is needed and a description, optional.

[b]Personality:[/b] Same as above.

[b]Quirks:[/b] There are various types of P-AI's. Some are designed for battle and competitions, while others are meant to satisfy the urges of its lone users. Is there something that your character's P-AI is good at?

Game Threads:

Character thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154110.0

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154308.0

IC (School Grounds/Gymnasium): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154341.0

IC (Dormitories): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154342.0

IC (School Interior): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=156935.0

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

Oh I am so in on this! I will set up a character and get ready for this awesome game!

Annie

If at least one person shows interest, I'll make mine.

Anyway, forgot to mention: suggestions are welcome! ^^

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Annie

ShanaTheIV

Annie

Ok, Shana, thanks!

Hm, maybe 2 more would be enough. What do you all think?

ShanaTheIV

I think it would be up to you depending on how many number of members you can handle at a time. Having a lot of people playing at once can be overwhelming to some but having another GM could help with that.

ShadowFox89

Interested, let me get on the computer to type something up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Annie

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on October 03, 2012, 02:11:13 PM
I think it would be up to you depending on how many number of members you can handle at a time. Having a lot of people playing at once can be overwhelming to some but having another GM could help with that.

No problem, I think I could handle even more. Hyena is there to help me, also. I was thinking in numbers just to start the game. Guess we have already enough people to start.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2012, 02:41:10 PM
Interested, let me get on the computer to type something up.

I'm waiting, Shadow! Thanks for your interest!

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 03, 2012, 04:05:22 PM
maybe something based off my new character/icon

I'm not allowing anthros in this game, Iron. But your char would have the wolf features, of course: ears, tail, maybe some sharp teeth. I don't think he would have claws, since this is beyond the scope of nekos (it's just a fashion, not a thing meant to give body weapons to humans). Any other questions, feel free to ask. ^^

Now it's past the time to make my char. ;D

ShadowFox89

Actually, would a prototype android be fine? Thinking of a bit of a downer background....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Annie

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2012, 05:17:59 PM
Actually, would a prototype android be fine? Thinking of a bit of a downer background....

Hm, you're thinking on an android that would be mistaken as a human? I guess the technology is not that advanced, even if it's a prototype. In fact, not even the P-AI's have physical bodies, like the persocons in Chobits. So, no robots, at least not that advanced.

Maybe he can be an artificial human, a clone or something alike. That would make more sense, since the nekos are around, which means science have the know-how to make such a thing. Again, he would be like a "prototype" as well, since this kind of experiment wouldn't be common yet. I got curious about this downer background and how you intended to blend it with the game.

ShadowFox89

What about a cyborg, someone who's had a lot of their body replaced with prosthetics?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Annie

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2012, 06:56:29 PM
What about a cyborg, someone who's had a lot of their body replaced with prosthetics?

But why would he use prosthetics if he can have organs and members made in a lab, for instance? The cost to have a advanced prosthetic like that would be the same as to have the lost parts of his body "remade" in a laboratory, I guess.

If you can explain that and you aren't trying to give any over human features to him (super strength, etc), I don't see a problem with your idea. ^^

ShadowFox89

On the other hand, is it really feesible to say that bio-engineering has advanced more than cybernetics? :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Annie

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
On the other hand, is it really feesible to say that bio-engineering has advanced more than cybernetics? :P

Hm, why not? I never thought that this background would be taken on a thorough consideration, due to the nature of the game.  The bio-engineering was an excuse for the nekos. And to consider the cybernetics more advanced is to accept the existence of androids and the alike, something I didn't want to explore in this game. You see, fatefully we would have to consider the existence of P-AI's with physical bodies (a persocon, borrowing the Chobit's concept). But, if you all agree that this would be a nice concept to explore in this game, we can change that.

And, well, I didn't say your char wouldn't have the prosthetics (which exists in this reality). I just asked why he would choose (or be forced to choose) them, if he could have a bio replacement for his lost limbs. That's all. ^^

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Annie on October 03, 2012, 05:03:13 PM
I'm not allowing anthros in this game, Iron. But your char would have the wolf features, of course: ears, tail, maybe some sharp teeth. I don't think he would have claws, since this is beyond the scope of nekos (it's just a fashion, not a thing meant to give body weapons to humans). Any other questions, feel free to ask. ^^

Now it's past the time to make my char. ;D

actually my current icon is an equine.
The idea was actually on par with nekos, just a diffrent species thereof
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ironwolf85

other than skull shape and fur he's pretty much human, no superpowers, save maybe being athletic as a track star

Annie

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 03, 2012, 11:46:45 PM
actually my current icon is an equine.
The idea was actually on par with nekos, just a diffrent species thereof

Oh, I'm sorry! I could swear he was a wolf!

Yes, you're right. Actually, 'neko' is just a generic name. You can choose any animal to borrow its features.

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 04, 2012, 12:03:09 AM
other than skull shape and fur he's pretty much human, no superpowers, save maybe being athletic as a track star

Yes, I agree with that. If you keep a human face and no fur, I don't see a problem with him, so you can go ahead and use this concept. ^^

Ironwolf85

my problem is that horsie ears and tail don't look as cute as wolf or cat

Annie

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 05, 2012, 11:12:39 AM
my problem is that horsie ears and tail don't look as cute as wolf or cat

Maybe it's a variation of the 'neko' fashion, designed to make man more manly. XD

I'm kidding, but this doesn't strike me as a bad idea. The 'nekos' could have started as something to make people more cute and appealing, but I'm sure some people would use it to look more aggressive, threatening, stronger, whatever other purpose they would have. As long as the characters doesn't have over human features, that would be ok to me.

And you can bet that wolfs and cats aren't the only animals chosen by people! My char, for instance, will be a bunny. XD

apygoos

im intersted but unsure what is needed currently here, whats the current m-f ratio? that wil llikely determine what i make :P

Annie

All players will be students.

Now, for the m/f ratio... hmm, lemme see...

I'll make a female, Hyena sure will make a male... Ironwolf will make another one...Shadowfox, if still interested, would be another one, I guess...

Not sure about Shana...

So, right now we have one female, three males.