Looking for GM to run a My Hero Academia game!

Started by zergmuncher, November 02, 2018, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zergmuncher

I'm looking for someone able to run a long-term role play in the My Hero Academia universe, allowing us, the players, to have our own OC's with our own quirks and drawbacks. The only catch would be that no-one is allowed to have One for All or All for One.

The scenario would run along the lines of every one of our characters have been accepted into UA it could be the first year, second year, third or fourth year depending on what sort of one on one situations people want to get into. Quirks would be first come first served and each person's quirk would need to have a drawback, for example, Yuga Aoyama's drawback is that if he uses his navel laser for a long period, he gets a stomach ache and if it's overused past that it could collapse his stomach.

I'm also looking for people to join in, hopefully, this garnishes some attention and gathers some interest from people.

Snake

I'd play with you as a fellow player.

I have several characters that fit in the setting.

zergmuncher

The only thing I would ask of you and others looking to post in here, I haven't yet finished season three of the anime, so please, no spoilers. Your cooperation is much appreciated!

Snake

Sain

Hi! I'm not sure if this game is what you're looking for. Not personally in it so no idea if there is One For All in there, but Zaer is running a Hero Academy group game.

Link to the recruitment thread.

It's still ongoing from what I can see so might be a good place to poke.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Snake

zergmuncher

Yeah, it is going a little slow, however, I also see people with quirks and no draw-backs. That is something that turns me away a little bit. I also didn't want to go through the process of the entrance exams because It's unrealistic to think that every player's character would get through and into UAH.

Snake

Then it's a good thing it isn't UA then.

My own char may seem to be guilty of super strong quirk with no drawback. But hers is mental.

SweetSerenade

I'd definitely throw my hat in the ring of a well put together 'University' level setting style rp for the BNHA universe. I have no interest in playing characters under the age of 18. But definitely a lack of some really good fully fleshed out BNHA Rps (For me this includes Canons - as I'm not really keen on completely original settings with absolutely no canon characters. I'll do it, but doesn't mean I like it.)

So if anyone can find/make something like that, I'd definitely be on board. The OC I have for BNHA definitely has a considerable drawback on her combined Quirks, that much is for certain.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

zergmuncher

SweetSerenade

Hell it could even be a completely new thing, UA setting up some sort of University Level for 'Older' Students. The Anime/Manga definitely has a lot of turmoil going on, where they are having a lot of their methods questioned. (I'm nearly up to date, have a few episodes in the most recent Subtitled to watch and a few manga chapters) questioned on how they section out heroes and all that.

A University setting could be used for applying more 'finish' to Heros who were already in Hero Academies, or giving adults who's powers didn't bloom fully till adulthood a chance at becoming Heros. I think that could be a really good premise for it?

Because BNHA has shown your quirk grows and changes as you grow and change, and just like with the psyche and physical form - could quirks also have a 'late bloomer' effect to them?

Or even a University Setting being run by Pro Heroes in an attempt to get 'drop outs' back into the game, in an attempt to get as many viable heroes together to deal with the way the world is becoming?

I have plenty of ideas for this.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

zergmuncher

Ugh, how did I not get any notifications about this? Oh well. Yeah I would be more than okay with that university idea, SweetSerenade.