News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ideas and Scenarious you wish happened.

Started by Lustful Bride, November 03, 2014, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 09:45:06 PM
Should I begin with what I feel Michael Bay movies should have done differently?

Since that would take until beyond the end of time, maybe not. ;D
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 09:45:06 PM
Should I begin with what I feel Michael Bay movies should have done differently?

Noooooooo. We don't have enough space on the internet for that my friend.

Mathim

You know, the latest season of South Park didn't wow me like the last one. They're not only four episodes shorter than usual, but that hasn't helped the quality of the few they do put out improve. I mean, other than the gluten and cock magic episodes, the rest were just really not great.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on February 07, 2015, 10:13:58 PM
You know, the latest season of South Park didn't wow me like the last one. They're not only four episodes shorter than usual, but that hasn't helped the quality of the few they do put out improve. I mean, other than the gluten and cock magic episodes, the rest were just really not great.

To be fair they have been going on for a while, maybe its time to close shop?

Mathim

You know, they do each episode in about a week so their ideas stay fresh and spontaneous. I mean, I get that some of their best work is done like that, but, conversely, so is all of their worst. I think I'd rather have them mix it up a bit and, if they really feel in their hearts it's not an up-to-par episode, they should just skip that week and focus on taking what they have and making it better for the following week. I mean, it's not like they've never taken breaks between episodes before, they can make excuses if they have to. Certainly makes the DVDs less worthwhile to buy if the episodes in that season aren't great. I think almost all of season 12 was probably their low point but after 13 and 14, they were back in their prime.

Lustful Bride

Random: You know...for once id like to see Humanity invading and conquering alien worlds for once. We are on the defensive far too often and its time we build our own empire and teach those damn Xenos a lesson I say.  >:)

For the Everlasting glory of earth!

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 07, 2015, 10:25:23 PM
Random: You know...for once id like to see Humanity invading and conquering alien worlds for once. We are on the defensive far too often and its time we build our own empire and teach those damn Xenos a lesson I say.  >:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eragr5lbI90

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 07, 2015, 10:25:23 PM

Actually and ironically Star Trek did an episode or two of that. In a mirror universe Earth started conquering the galaxy instead of promoting peace. (My dad loves Star Trek...that is the only reason I actually know this fact lol)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 10:28:55 PM
Actually and ironically Star Trek did an episode or two of that. In a mirror universe Earth started conquering the galaxy instead of promoting peace. (My dad loves Star Trek...that is the only reason I actually know this fact lol)

In which series? Next Generation? Deep Space Nine? Or one of the others?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on February 07, 2015, 10:31:16 PM
In which series? Next Generation? Deep Space Nine? Or one of the others?

It was the original series. And Mr. Spock was rocking the goatee look. *nods*

Also it wouldn't be all bad, like the Roman Empire, the aliens could be Terran citizens if they serve in our army.........oh F you for ruining my evil plans >_< You and your doctor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rTTXCOpL8

Mathim

Oh, yeah. Well, he'd said one or two episodes, so I figured if there was more than one, it had to be something other than the original series since that was the only one I knew of that did it. Plus that would be a great idea for one of the other series to do. Shame if they didn't use it in a slightly different way.

And how about them Pokemon games? I wish they wouldn't duplicate so many of the same real-life inspiration materials to make new Pokemon out of. And adding in some unused ones that STILL haven't been part of the roster would be nice. Kind of annoying after generations 5 and 6 to still not see a pegasus or cerberus. Or (I haven't verified whether they've done these yet or not) a mosquito, woodpecker, narwhal or hammerhead shark. Just stuff that ought to have been drawn on for sources rather than re-using turtles, bees and such.

CaptainNexus616

There was Enterprise did an episode as well.

Lusty I have only one thing to say. That girl has one heck of a stomach lol
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

*looks at Uhura and just slowly nods in agreement*

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 07, 2015, 10:42:07 PM
*looks at Uhura and just slowly nods in agreement*

Too bad I've seen her in her twilight years, otherwise I'd be able to focus on the young version of Nichelle Nichols...

CaptainNexus616

I can ignore it when it comes to Slave Leia.

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 10:47:04 PM
I can ignore it when it comes to Slave Leia.

She actually still looks halfway decent, at least when Carrie Fischer did a guest appearance on 30 Rock.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on February 07, 2015, 10:51:35 PM
She actually still looks halfway decent, at least when Carrie Fischer did a guest appearance on 30 Rock.

She used to look a lot worse. Thank god she got over her drug addiction/alcoholism.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 07, 2015, 10:59:58 PM
She used to look a lot worse. Thank god she got over her drug addiction/alcoholism.

Yeah, thank god, otherwise we would have to listen to someone else's voice on Family Guy.

CaptainNexus616

I did hear her and the other original members of the Star Wars cast were getting back in shape for Episode VII

Poor Harrison Ford though injured himself on set and had to go to the hospital

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 11:14:00 PM
I did hear her and the other original members of the Star Wars cast were getting back in shape for Episode VII

Poor Harrison Ford though injured himself on set and had to go to the hospital

With all the bastardizing Disney is liable to do to the series, why even bother getting cameos from the over-the-hill original stars? Nobody minded that we didn't have any of them in the prequel trilogy.

CaptainNexus616

Well Disney needs all the help they can get since they alienated some of the fandom with decalring the Expanded Universe Non-Canon. Thirty years of material deemed void. Sad part is this is not the first time J.J. Abrahams has pulled this little stunt of erasing decades of canon.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 07, 2015, 11:48:17 PM
Well Disney needs all the help they can get since they alienated some of the fandom with decalring the Expanded Universe Non-Canon. Thirty years of material deemed void. Sad part is this is not the first time J.J. Abrahams has pulled this little stunt of erasing decades of canon.

I loved the Luke/ Mara Jade cannon T_T *sobs*

CaptainNexus616

*Offers tissue* It's ok. Hopefully they will still be together

Mathim

Did George Lucas allow all that stuff to be canon, or how's that work? I would never take anything outside the movies as canon anyway. Just like with Star Trek, anything outside the show wouldn't have been able to be considered canon, so I didn't get how this was different.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Mathim on February 08, 2015, 08:18:52 AM
Did George Lucas allow all that stuff to be canon, or how's that work? I would never take anything outside the movies as canon anyway. Just like with Star Trek, anything outside the show wouldn't have been able to be considered canon, so I didn't get how this was different.

Well unlike Star Trek which lived through TV after Return of the Jedi was released that was the end of the Star Wars available as visual media (besides a short lived Ewok show) the main plot of star wars was done with by thst timfore. Howeved people still wanted to enjoy storiesin that universe. Like what happened to Luke did he bring back the Jedi? Did Han and Leia ever get married? ( all the above did happen) Lucasfilms basically granted rights for other forms of media to make stories like books, comics, games and so on. The games are really nkt considered canon but the bulk of the books post Return of the Jedi essentially continued the story. It did that somewhat well and it followed a timeline where it reached the point the original gang reached their elder years. This is basically what the Expanded Universe was a continuation of the story.

Plus...its one thing for a fan to write an alternate story like if Anakin didn't turn or Leia remained Jabba's sexy slave. However when your a professional movie director and you say 'hey I am throwing a bulk of the history away to do things my way and make it canon without rebooting the whole universe' That is a really big middle finger to a lot of Fans who know the Expanded Universe and love the stories. Which is also a considerable amount of the group your wanting to pull into watch this film.

I am keeping an open mind about Episode VII but JJ Abraham's fan fiction approach to changing canon bugs me. If you don't have the guts to follow or use pre established events in a universe then make it an alternate universe instead of twisting canon around.