The Dystopia (sci-fi)

Started by elfguy, November 04, 2011, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

The year is 2211, and the world is a very different place. The rift between the rich, powerful elite and the everyday citizen has kept growing, until it was no longer sustainable. Under emergency laws, societies have become totalitarian regimes, and the world is a dystopia. Everything is controlled for the good of mankind, or rather so the people in power stay in power. Security forces have become ruthless, enforcing order in giant metropolises.

Thankfully, a ground movement has risen up, made of volunteers who want to fight for change. These are usually skilled, able individuals who aren't scared to take up arms and fight the security forces. They are very hard to track down because they have the support of much of the population, and in some sectors of the metropolis they can stay hidden quite easily. But if they show themselves too much, or go in reinforced areas, they are easy preys for the much better equipped security forces. Which side will you join? The ones in power, who have the authority and the law to back them up? Or the resistance, the ones fighting for freedom?

For this RP my idea is something that isn't completely combat oriented, more like what daily life in such a society would be, where you never know what will happen next, and with many potential NPCs to provide background and story elements. Relationships can form, even across factions, although those would be rare and need to be kept hidden from both sides.

Character sheet

Image:

Name:

Side: (security forces / separatist)

Bio:

Equipment:

Ons/Offs:
----

elfguy

Character sheet

Image:

Name: Captain Jana Livingston

Side: security forces

Bio: Jana grew up from a military family. From a young age her father taught her the importance for rules and regulations. She saw him serve and witnessed what some of the worse criminals could do. It was no surprise to her family when she decided to join the security forces, and help defend the city from the ones who would want anarchy to rule in its place. At first, her ideals was to help keep a peaceful society, however during her 9 years of excellent service, during which she was promoted up to the rank of Captain, she became disillusioned that those who don't respect the new world order would ever change, and instead a sort of macabre drive took over. She likes to be ruthless, to hurt people, and takes pleasure in inflicting pain. Some say she's become crazy, and has a reputation for being bi-polar, with her own men not knowing whether she'll be nice or a real bitch on any particular day.

Equipment: Two high powered hand pistols, a long blade on her back, a skintight reinforced suit able to mitigate most melee weapon and low powered blaster shots that she keeps fully open.

Offs: Death, herma/futa
----

Joslyn

This one sounds like a lot of fun.  ;D Here's my character idea:

---

Image:
Name: Sarah Inaba

Side: Separatist

Bio: Born the heiress to the Inaba Industries Incorporated (I3), Sarah was genetically engineered at her parents’ request to be a child prodigy who would someday take the reigns of the family’s international conglomerate. Growing up she was a very lonely child—adults did not take her seriously, her parents were often too busy for her, and she could not relate at all to children her own age. Her only friend was her great grandfather Kiyoshi, a philosopher and writer who lived a stark and simple existence. She visited him as often as she was allowed to, and greatly enjoyed their conversations.

Kiyoshi died of a heart attack when Sarah was six, which upset her deeply. This caused her to become obsessed with saving lives, and she decided to go to school for medicine instead of business. Her parents were initially upset, but ultimately accepted the decision. Sarah would someday be Chief of Medicine at a major hospital, which they felt was respectable enough. And they could always engineer another child, one who would not be unduly influenced by family black sheep Kiyoshi.

Growing up in her luxurious setting, Sarah developed the typical “us vs. them” mentality—the poor were little more than lazy animals, and all the world’s problems could be placed at their doorstep. This changed when Sarah was ten. Her hoverlimo was shot down in a battle between security forces and fleeing separatists. The security forces were so obsessed with their chase that they neglected to notice what they had done. After the crash, the driver was dead and Sarah was badly wounded and paralyzed from the neck down. The limo’s transponder had been shot off, causing rescue workers to search an area kilometers away from the actual crash site.

It was the “povs” she held in such contempt who rescued her from the wreckage before she could be burnt, bandages her injuries, and fed her. Sarah felt incredible guilt to see these people with such scant resources use them for her benefit. Two days later security forces found her. At the same hospital she had been studying at, Sarah was fitted with a cybernetic titanium-aluminum endoskeleton so she could get back to her life. She was painfully aware of the fact that, had she been born outside the wealthy elite, she would have never moved from her bed again.

By age twelve Sarah had finished med school and her internship, and was a resident physician of both internal medicine and surgery. She horrified her family by announcing that she intended to set up a free clinic in one of the worst parts of the city. Her parents cut her off from the family fortune and disowned her, telling her to never contact them again unless it was to apologize and return home. Fortunately, Kiyoshi had left her a small  amount of money (by the standards of the wealthy elite, at least), and Sarah was legally emancipated from her parents. She used part of these funds to build the free clinic, and invested the rest so that she could use that money to cover its operating costs.

Sarah has since become involved with the Separatists and learned how to fight from them. During important missions she acts as a combat medic. However, she refuses to launder money for the Separatists, as she is adamant that her clinic stay completely legal and the government never gain an excuse to shut it down.

Abilities: Sarah’s cybernetic endoskeleton gives her impressive strength and speed. She also has a brain chip for storing data, and a medical nanite implant with helps prevent disease and clot blood from wounds. She is quite skilled with both her pistol and her sword, and also knows PCQC (Paramilitary Close Quarters Combat, a martial arts system used by the security forces and some separatists as well).

Her major weakness is that she can be rendered completely helpless by EMP (electromagnetic pulse) weapons. The more intense the pulse, the longer it takes her cybernetics to self-repair.

Equipment: Med kit and comm (always carries), 9mm pistol and sword (only during combat missions).

Ons: Submission, bondage, rape. Sarah is a self-hating sub who feels guilt over both her many years of being a spoiled brat and betraying her family.

Offs: Gore, bathroom stuff.

elfguy

Sweet, now we just need more people to join.
----

Interested

Character sheet

Image:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/gay%20male%20model/kournikov/LUC_9927.jpg

Name:
Jake Martin

Side: (security forces / separatist)
seperatist

Bio:
Jake Martin has been in the security forces shortly after his 18th birthday. He has been genetically modified to be able to heal incredibly quickly. (Think Wolverine's healing power) In addition, he has enhanced strength, endurance, reflexes and speed, as well as a very high intelligence level. It was his genetic modifications that led Jake to becoming a Seperatist. Scientists  and government workers abducted him from one of the very few middle class families that actually still existed against their will when he had turned 16, performing horrible mind and body experiments on him, from pain experiments to mental conditioning, and even sexual experiments to break his will. He eventually broke and was little more than a brainwashed, mentally dominated killer and even torturer for the government until he turned 17, after doing his absolute worst evil deeds he ever had or will.

After he had turned 17 he defected to the Seperatists and redeemed himself by saving many lives, shortly before leaving them out of guilt. For a little time, Jake was simply a neutral party who hid out and stayed low, managing succesfuly to not be found, even by the government. Finally he was persuaded by the Seperatist movement to join them as a permanent member.

Equipment:
Firearm (Not sure what kind of weapon is appropriate to the setting)
Combat Knives

Ons/Offs:
Jake, like all of my character's named Jake, is obsessed with feeling pain, even to castration level, in his penis and testicles. (No ripping off balls or cutting please though, see my O/O page) It doesn't matter if his sex partner is a male or female. Also, due to the experiments with Jake, he is capable of reaching orgasm as many times as the role playing partner will put up with before getting bored, and feels like ending the sex session by crushing his balls, (and maybe ripping off the penis) If his sex partner is male, he's obsessed with giving blowjobs or getting fucked up the ass and then giving blow jobs right after. He craves verbal abuse during sex sessions as well. Spanking with a hard paddle is awesome too.

Offs:
No blood play, scat, urine, vomit, or other disgusting things. Also, even though I like my doms extremely violent, I hate mutilation of any body part other than the male genitals, so don't do it. Also, I generally hate violence that's not settled on the genitals, so don't even bite Jake or slap in the face. I know it might sound stupid, giving what I like, but please read my Ons and Offs. ;)

elfguy

Still trying to get this going altho we'd need more than 2 people..
----

Florence

This idea intrigues me, I think I'll give it a go.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

elfguy

Cool. I'd like to have at least 3 on each side in order to begin.
----