The Fate of Kilo Platoon: Aliens Universe Survival; One Slot Left

Started by Urbanzorro, May 08, 2010, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Well, unless you happen to be Ellen Ripley, being alone is almost never a good thing...which reminds me.  This should probably be an NPC, but the group should probably have some weaselly, greasy Corp guy along with the group - a Burke, someone Everyone Loves To Hate.

Urbanzorro

Lol, I'm hoping that this will be a 'systemless' sytem game for you guys :D, also I'm very much interested in being a fair but firm GM so i'm not going to let you all get squashed by a huge horde of beasties

and don't worry I've got lots of interesting NPCs planned for you guys.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Name: "Senjo" (Hitagi Senjogahara)
Age: 32 months (synthetic activated time) / 25 years (human physique)
Position in platoon/rank: Synthetic (Scout)
Personal history: Built MegaTech Synthetics 39 months ago as backup shell. Activated for USMC scientific, diagnostic and field support services 33 months ago and programmed with standard USMC combat, communications and tactical firmware and MegaTech BodyShell bioscience orientation and diagnostic software. Chassis is standard duralinium and carbon fibre monocoque subframe with military grade armour plating overlays and USMC approved MegaTech circulatory and sensory liquid-organics (colloquially known as 'white stuff' and crudely known on the mess deck as 'cum blood').
Chassis has received Modular Construct upgrade with SFR (Self Fix and Regulate) repair system.
Guerilla Warfare software programming install: Senjo is cleared for Platoon Scout operations.
Outer skin is Asiatic-Japanese Type IIIc TouchCoate biomanufactured from cloned tissue with experimental SoftZone(C) silicone-muscular-response coverings and internals.
Hair colour: purple-black. Eye colour: Golden red.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 13
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: N/A
Accuracy: 8
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Defence: 4
Perception: 3
Stealth: 3
Luck: 4

Kit:
Synthetic Body: @ 5 points
Modular Construction Upgrade: @ 5 points
Guerilla Warefare Upgrade: @ 5 points
Sentry Guns: @ 3 points
Custom installation of internal voice comms unit, and inbuilt head-cam via direct feed from eyes.
Pulse rifle, no upgrades (this puts me slightly over the points limit but has been OK'd by the GM).

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 17 (aliens will ignore synthetics unless they attack)
Attack: 5
Ranged Attack: 3 (sentry guns) 3 (pulse rifle)
Accuracy: 8 ( modified to 10 for sentry gunfire)
Agility: 7 (modified to 5 when transporting Sentry Guns)(modified by -1 when using inbuilt motion tracker)
Intelligence: 7
Defence: 7 (can self repair when out of combat up to 50% of starting health)
Perception: 9 (on board motion tracker from Guerilla Warfare upgrade)(modified to 10 to calculate sentry gunfire)
Stealth: 7
Luck: 4

Paladin

I was gonna say that synthetics can't have Combat skills, but then remembered that later on they did give them those skills.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Haibane

*drops frag grenade in the officers bunk*

Right, that's done. Let's go.

Urbanzorro

Lol, I'm considering playing the Lt, any one have an objection to the Alien Queen also being the one giving them orders?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

Giving them orders how?  Like, the Queen has hijacked the system, or something?

Urbanzorro

Like the fact that I'll be playing the alien menace and potentally playing the marine lt. so they'd both be me lol

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Heheh, Lt "Alien Queen" Gorman would be a sight to behold.

I'll PM my Alpha Male playing buddies and see if anyone wants to be the Lt. Gimme a day or so.

Urbanzorro

kk, Lol though I'm still debaiting and if there aren't any objections I may just play him

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Wait what? Lookw e know somebody's gotta bite the dust so do an NPC LT and kill the sucker. :D

Haibane

Well I sent 1 PM but if you want to NPC him Urban, go for it, it's like, your game dude.

In the meantime you could set up a character thread for us all to repost our chars in - or you could take them all and post them in one monster post. And maybe an OOC thread so we can start foaming without clogging up the players wanted board.

Urbanzorro

That it is, tough I just want to see if anyone dislikes the idea lol, And I suppose I should clarify this a Platoon isn't just one squad, there are normally at least 3, the other 2 squads are going to be npcs that go to seperate parts of the planet than 1st squad so there will be alot of ppl biting the dust.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

In some ways I would prefer a player to lead us because it would seem more genuine, you know?

On the other hand a real player could right royally screw us all up, while your NPC guy wouldn't.

I suppose I'm 65/35 in favour of a live player.

ReijiTabibito

Plus, we're going to have NPCs with us...trust us, there's going to be no shortage of people to die.

Haibane

I've got several other guys I can PM, Urban. Shall I?

If more than one is interested perhaps the extra could play a company man or a scientist or something?

Urbanzorro

Go ahead and P.M. some people. I'm about to start working on the threads I should have them up in a few minutes.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

If we get more than the 1, the group could use a xenobiologist - someone who knows something about the Xenos themselves.  A WY man...unless he breaks from the mold, WY employees have been downright awful.

Haibane

I've rattled a few cages, lets see what happens.

I know a guy who always plays weird twisted versions of everything, sometimes obscurely dark. He could play both a xenobiologist with a twist or a fresh take on a WY man who would surprise you. I've PMd him though I have no idea if AvP is his bag.

Urbanzorro

At this point I'd be accepting of a WY man/woman if we manage to fill up the Lt slot and someone else wants to play. that having been said I'm not feeling a xenobiologist at this point, simply because I've got a few suprises lined up for you guys and I want the xenos to be a bit of a mystery. That having been said the Platoon Leader has a piece of equpment he/she can get that will tell them all about any aliens/robots they encounter (for a price of course)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

The Great Triangle

I would be up to play a squad leader, although the idea of a xenobiologist or company man also excites me! 

My character idea for a squad leader would be a Japanese-American military scholar who mostly acts as a tactical advisor, though when the chips are down, he gets his sword out and starts charging the enemy like it's WW2.  I must admit I am a little lacking in knowledge about the USMC officer corps though; the enlisted men are a lot more famous, after all.

Mad scientist is one of my favorite schticks though, especially if there's some kind of human/xenomorph hybrid action going on. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

CmdrRenegade

It may be at least partially my fault for mentioning Gorman in the first place.  This is not to say that anyone who plays him is automatically going to be considered as him. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.