All Hail the King - Modern Absolute Monarchy - Sandbox - Open Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, November 09, 2016, 08:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on November 11, 2016, 05:18:23 PM
Question that hopefully weren't covered already. I might have missed some skimming stuff at work though...

How big is the country and where is it located? What about its other geographical features? (large coastline or landlocked? that sort of thing)

I've added a map of the Kingdom and it's surrounding neighbors to the world information both here and in the Game Info thread. 

There are some slight additions as well to the section just above the map where I sort of briefly describe some of the major cities, and will add more as I go along.

As far as distance goes, I haven't quite gotten around to that yet, so bear with me.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

Florence

So, question. Any idea if any of the countries in this world would be basically a France-surrogate?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Flower

I would like to reserve Kerry Washington please. :) I'm thinking she's a justice.

GnothiSeauton

I have updated the faceclaim listings to reflect the faces that have been mentioned in here and via PMs.  If I've missed anyone or need to change something, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote from: Florence on November 11, 2016, 06:42:32 PM
So, question. Any idea if any of the countries in this world would be basically a France-surrogate?

I didn't exactly have one set in mind.  However, if you want, you can go ahead and choose one, or create your own.  The map is but a small part of the globe, and you could create a sort of nation through your sheet.  I'm pretty easy going about that.

Quote from: Flower on November 11, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
I would like to reserve Kerry Washington please. :) I'm thinking she's a justice.

An absolutely awesome play by.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

WhatLiesAbove

Kokaine

Can I face claim Milla Jovovich as well?

Im thinking older sibling of my other character. One thats secretly either intersexed or transexual. Or I could pick a different position for her...
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Kokaine on November 11, 2016, 09:25:02 PM
Can I face claim Milla Jovovich as well?

Im thinking older sibling of my other character. One thats secretly either intersexed or transexual. Or I could pick a different position for her...

I like the sound of that.

Putting her down right now.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 11, 2016, 09:12:07 PM
I have updated the faceclaim listings to reflect the faces that have been mentioned in here and via PMs.  If I've missed anyone or need to change something, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I didn't exactly have one set in mind.  However, if you want, you can go ahead and choose one, or create your own.  The map is but a small part of the globe, and you could create a sort of nation through your sheet.  I'm pretty easy going about that.

An absolutely awesome play by.

Thanks! I'm so tempted to make her the royal fixer...just cuz. >.>

Fuck it. I can't resist. Royal Fixer. Ignore that. Still a Justice. I can't make up my mind.  ::)

Dotley

Oh my! A story based on Kings, one of the greatest shows to ever show up on television? I'm hooked. The potential for so much political intrigue, social scandals, and royal family drama in a setting like this is just too tempting. This is all glorious, GnothiSeauton.

Is it too late to submit an idea for the Queen? Just want to confirm that before I wander off to PM and start sprouting ideas. I've had a craving for months now to write an older lady character (a la Jessica Lange or Gillian Anderson) who is as politically savvy as she is emotionally frayed.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Ryven

I know nothing about Kings, but this interests me.  Are there any kings, queens, lords, or ladies requiring a personal assistant/servant/security guard?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Flower on November 12, 2016, 06:14:34 AM
Thanks! I'm so tempted to make her the royal fixer...just cuz. >.>

Fuck it. I can't resist. Royal Fixer. Ignore that. Still a Justice. I can't make up my mind.  ::)

Haha...  Let me know what you decide on.  I'm considering making a guy.

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 12, 2016, 10:06:20 AM
I'd like to faceclaim Jessica Biel while I'm thinking of it.

Already put her in for you from last night :)

Quote from: Dotley on November 12, 2016, 11:19:37 AM
Oh my! A story based on Kings, one of the greatest shows to ever show up on television? I'm hooked. The potential for so much political intrigue, social scandals, and royal family drama in a setting like this is just too tempting. This is all glorious, GnothiSeauton.

Is it too late to submit an idea for the Queen? Just want to confirm that before I wander off to PM and start sprouting ideas. I've had a craving for months now to write an older lady character (a la Jessica Lange or Gillian Anderson) who is as politically savvy as she is emotionally frayed.

I about lost it with excitement at Jessica Lange, Dotley, heh.

Whenever I've thought about/envisioned the Queen, even when I've been debating making the Queen as an NPC, Jessica Lange has been her.  Someone did talk about doing the Queen, but I believe they've decided to go for a younger Princess instead, so she is indeed open if you'd like to discuss it more in depth.

Quote from: Ryven on November 12, 2016, 11:54:29 AM
I know nothing about Kings, but this interests me.  Are there any kings, queens, lords, or ladies requiring a personal assistant/servant/security guard?

Glad to see you, Ryven :)

You don't need to really know or have seen anything about Kings.  This group isn't canon or based directly from it.  It's just largely really inspired from it, in terms of atmosphere, the setting of a modern Absolute Monarchy, some of the themes, and the like.

If you don't find anyone that's interested, I would be open to possibly working something out.  I'd like to let others get a chance to reach out to you first about the role, but if you don't get any takers, I'd be up for something.

Seeking New Stories

Ryven

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 12, 2016, 12:04:19 PM
Glad to see you, Ryven :)

You don't need to really know or have seen anything about Kings.  This group isn't canon or based directly from it.  It's just largely really inspired from it, in terms of atmosphere, the setting of a modern Absolute Monarchy, some of the themes, and the like.

If you don't find anyone that's interested, I would be open to possibly working something out.  I'd like to let others get a chance to reach out to you first about the role, but if you don't get any takers, I'd be up for something.

Cool.  No rush.  I'll be putting a character together in the meantime, and I can work in a connection(s) if I need to once there's interest.

WhatLiesAbove

Sorry...kid woke me up too early. Working on a character sheet now!

Rave

Put me down as interested in playing one of the Jordanian family members-- second born perhaps? I'll think on it!

I'll reserve Luke Evans as a face-claim if possible~

Ryven

Clio

Men! Yay!

I need to work on what kind of character I want to make...
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Orange Marmalade

Been talking a little to Gnothi, but figured I'd post it here, too:

Currently working on a King's Sword Lord Commander type with a side of spymaster thrown in. No idea on a face claim, yet.

Amelita

So haaai

::)

Definitely interested. I need to kickstart my muse.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rave on November 12, 2016, 01:07:38 PM
Put me down as interested in playing one of the Jordanian family members-- second born perhaps? I'll think on it!

I'll reserve Luke Evans as a face-claim if possible~

Quote from: Ryven on November 12, 2016, 01:11:56 PM
I'm reserving Craig Ramsey as my face claim.

Will put in the claims very shortly.

Quote from: Amelita on November 12, 2016, 01:20:03 PM
So haaai

::)

Definitely interested. I need to kickstart my muse.

Glad to see you :)

I am a little backed up on PMs at the moment (I had forgotten how crazy an inbox can get with a group like this), so please bear with me while I try to sort stuff out and get back to people.

Also...

Since I've gotten the feeling from some that they're having a bit of a hard time coming up with character ideas, I am going to go back and expand the history of the Kingdom, notably the recent history of the Kingdom, in order to try and give more information and such to work with.  I do not think that it would really harm the already approved or work in progress character sheets, but if it's an issue, I will be more than happy to discuss and work something out.

Seeking New Stories

Caela

Realize I forgot to mention...am working with Gnothi on a King's Mistress with (hidden) split loyalties.

Revolution

Also figured I should speak up about my character! Currently creating a younger prince character.
- O/Os -
- Inspirations | Requests -
Primarily M/M writer

GnothiSeauton

Alrighty...

I've added a significant chunk to the World Information.

I've edited the map to add two new locations.

I've added a portion that deals with King Richard's reign, mostly the beginnings and somewhat recent history to touch on secessionist activities and such in the East.

But I'd love to hear some ideas if anyone has any in terms of recent history.   

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

I think, with the exception of one PM, I'm pretty much caught up in my inbox.

If I missed someone, please don't hesitate to bop me over the head.

And like I've mentioned before, if you are having difficulties coming up with a character, please feel free to PM me.  I would be more than happy to brainstorm with you about trying to figure something out.

Seeking New Stories