Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi

Most .22 LR pistols aside from say a Ruger really need high-velocity ammo to feed well. So Minimags and anything else explicitly marked as high velocity should be what you feed your P22. .22s in general aren't horribly reliable, though~

The Ruger SR1911s are not bad for their price tag. 1911s in general are expensive, though. You might want to check out the CZ-75. 1911-like ergonomics but extremely sweet shooting and generally pretty affordable.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Just got done editing the first page of the OOC again. We now have an Active Members list and a Inactive Members list.

Thanks for the suggestion Maelyn :)

ashia starstreak

Awesome, thanks for the info. I unfortunately cannot clean my own gun. That spring is too strong for me, I can't grasp it. While I was at the shop learning about my gun, I made an attempt several times to put it together and several times that hammer escaped my fingers and flew across the room. I managed to hit a couple of other customers. I'm an amazing shot ;) they let me get away with it being the only girl in there at the time. It was pretty funny. I was told to just go back into the shop when it's time to clean it. Way to make me feel special and terribly weak at the same time.

I've finished Smith's official profile.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Sushi

Quote from: ashia starstreak on December 17, 2012, 09:07:34 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info. I unfortunately cannot clean my own gun. That spring is too strong for me, I can't grasp it. While I was at the shop learning about my gun, I made an attempt several times to put it together and several times that hammer escaped my fingers and flew across the room. I managed to hit a couple of other customers. I'm an amazing shot ;) they let me get away with it being the only girl in there at the time. It was pretty funny. I was told to just go back into the shop when it's time to clean it. Way to make me feel special and terribly weak at the same time.

Straight blowback guns tend to have tough recoil springs. Small guns, too. When you combine the two, its understandable the P22 can have a very tough spring.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Michael Corvus

I apologize for the long-winded post everyone. I swear I didn't mean to go so long. I even cut some of it out to be included in the next post. I hope it's a good read, at least. There's probably typos, so please forgive those. I made a lot of edits and there's bound to be bits where I changed sentences around and left fragments behind and stuff like that.

My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Sushi

T'was an excellent post. Though I note the URL for Galilean rifle is missing the first bracket, and there's a line where it says sidearmassault rifle or something.

Michael Corvus

Thank you, sir. I have corrected the broken link and the "sidearmsault" hybrid word.
The Oath of The Drake

Gladiator0161

Good job on your post Micheal, that was a really good read :)

Maelyn

I have to agree, but I'm slightly distracted wondering if your Santa can come to my house this year...*grins*

Michael Corvus

Thanks for the compliments. Means a lot, especially since I've been taking a break from writing since around mid September.

Quote from: Maelyn on December 19, 2012, 01:25:49 AM
I have to agree, but I'm slightly distracted wondering if your Santa can come to my house this year...*grins*

Well, to answer your question... yes, although what you get for Christmas depends on whether you've been a good girl or a naughty girl. Either way, I think you'll approve of the stocking stuffer.  >:) ;D
The Oath of The Drake

avt2

Good posts everyone! Just thought I'd check in and say hi.

ashia starstreak

My end of the world humor ;)

When mankind's last hope for survival is only one and a half feet tall, we know it's the end of our world.

Hunter Phoenix

Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

ashia starstreak

I haven't done Chibi in forever. Gladiator actually inspired me to do it. I love how Hunter is just sitting there with his hands in his lap all happy and Patric is like oh hail no, if I'm unhappy, you need to be too.

Course all these mini spartans are basic gear cuz that's the easiest on me. Oh and O'brain with all the females that just cracks me up too.  "oh yupe, dib dib. Score, these are mine now."

I only did the spartans cuz halo presents them as the saviors and well I had to add my own characters in the mix cuz my art. I hope it doesn't offend anyone or make anyone feel left out :/ it was just a pic to be silly and convinent with the end of the world hype.

avt2

Haha d'aw so cute! I am definitely not offended! Good job! :)

The Golden Touch

Hahaha which characters are which?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Gladiator0161

The one jumping at Shana is Gladiator, lol. The ones being held by Jacobs are Addy, Lola, and Valkyrie, and the ones over in the corner having a discussion by themselves are Hunter and Patric, lol. She sent me this pic over the phone and I loved it xD

It's even better now that it's on a bigger screen, lmao. Great job Ashia :D

Makes me wanna draw something having to do with the thread. Any requests?

avt2

Wanna draw all the Spartans killing some poor covenant?

Hope everyone's holidays are going/went well!

Sushi

Yah, the holidays went okay :D Hope everyone's New Years are fun~

Gladiator0161

Alright, all our characters killing Covenant it is, lol. I love requests for drawing :D

Now for some music while I draw... :P

ashia starstreak

Oh no that poor sap is O'Brian. Jacobs wouldn't be so disrespectful and just swoop up a spartan. He'd scratch his head like Shana.

Been real busy..I hate winter..despise snow with a burning passion. Snow + mustang - people I can count on + 3am work shifts = f'd every time. Weather, work, and people..I'll post when I can.

Gladiator0161

Sorry to hear that Ashia, wish I could help ya out :(

I hope things get better for you.

ashia starstreak

No, it most certainly hasn't! I am HATING 2013. Bad luck after bad luck after bad freaking luck...I just want my house back T-T Stupid flood..stupid busted pipe..stupid freaking landlord and most of all stupid asbestos! All I aimed for this year was fixing my car..now I got this to worry about? How dare they tell me I won't be able to live there soon! If I come back to something missing in my house, there will be an apocolypse and it WILL start with me.

Gladiator0161

Geez, that is just ridiculous!

Sushi