Mass Effect: The New Galaxy [EX]

Started by thebobmaster, September 21, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

It's been 50 years since the defeat of the Reapers at the hands of Commander Shepard. One would think that this would reduce crime rates, make the galaxy a safer place. Truth is, the galaxy was not fixed. Some elements have vanished. The Reapers are gone, destroyed by Shepard. Cerberus met the same fate.

Things have changed since. Having retaken their homeworld, acclimating with the help of the geth shortly before their destruction, a large percentage of quarians are able to take off their suits, though many choose to keep their environment suits, in respect of tradition. Due to the part played in saving the galaxy, krogans and quarians now have Council seats, bringing the total number of councilors to 6. In addition, there have been a handful of krogan and quarian Spectres, mostly picked up through C-Sec.

Not all is well, however. Crime is still fierce throughout the galaxy, threatening the peace. One of those criminal elements will be reaching the Citadel soon, and will bring with it the biggest threat since the Reapers to stability.

---

Well, now that I got the background out of the way, some clarifications. First, this is not intended to be entirely true to the Mass Effect universe. I'll try to stay true to the broad strokes of what was stated to have happened in the games, but I also have no problems bending some of the more arguable elements if needed. Besides, the Codex is unreliable and not entirely accurate.

In addition, this follows the Destroy ending for ME 3. However, as 50 years have passed, certain machines, such as VIs and geth, are back up and running. After all, the machines were destroyed, but not the knowledge or ability to make them. At least, as far as I'm aware. If I'm wrong, I invoke artistic license!

As a final note before getting to the meat of the roleplay, the reason I have this listed under Extreme is because, well, I figure that the players should have freedom in doing as they will, to a degree. Also, the Mass Effect universe was already quite dark, so making it any lighter than Extreme didn't seem true to the games, in a way.
---

OK, the meat of any roleplay is...well, the story and rules. But before I ruin the fun with rules, I think I should go into characters! Well, I'll post a sample sheet to indicate what is expected. You don't have to follow it strictly, but these are the elements I want included in some way.

Name: Seriously, if you can't figure this out, you are too young for the site.
Race: Just about any race is allowed, but keep in mind that, for example, a volus would make for a weird mercenary. Also, no yahgs or other obscure species, though that should go without saying.
Occupation: It is tempting for everyone to be a Spectre, but I want it limited to have maybe one other Spectre besides my character. Not because I'm the GM, but because of the story. I mean, how interesting would Mass Effect be if it was Shepard and 5 or so other Spectres saving the day?
Class: Any of the six classes would work fine.
Powers: You are allowed up to three powers, with one caveat.
Weapon: You are allowed up to two weapons. If you want more weapons, you must give up a power. This is for balance reasons.
Description: What does your character look like? You can either use a picture, if you have one, or text.
Notes: This is for anything you want known about your character. Background, weaknesses, etc.
Limits: This is for what you don't want happening to your character.

Now, as promised, a sample. This will be my character.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Sera'Zarda vas Citadel
Race: Quarian
Class: Engineer
Powers: Tech armor, AI hacking
Weapons: pistol, submachine gun, shotgun
Description: Sera stands about six feet tall, with a gymnast build of lean muscle. She usually is clad in an environment suit. The environment suit is entirely black, except for a dark blue visor. She has decent curves, but not large enough to be overly distracting. When she talks, she has a deeply feminine voice with a Midwestern accent.
Notes: Sera got her position as a Spectre after being nominated for her role in breaking up a drug ring. In doing so, however, she was shot in the stomach by one of the drug pushers. She still has a scar from that injury, and will limp if forced to exert herself greatly.
Limits: None
---

*sigh* Rules...man, do I hate rules. So limiting. For that reason, I'll try to keep this list short.

1. I will not kill off characters without permission. That said, your character will be at risk for a good portion of the game, and injuries are quite likely. If your character gets injured, I don't hate you, and medigel will cover it. If you are the kind to get upset over your character being injured, this is not the roleplay for you. Sorry.

2. By the same token, please don't kill off other characters without permission from the character's controller. Unless they are NPCs. No one cares about them.

3. If you have to leave the RP, I understand. Real life comes first. That said, tell me first. If it's a brief absence, we'll work it out. If the roleplay just isn't working, that's fine too. I just don't like being left in the lurch.

4. No god moding. Seriously, characters are not gods, and no one wants to play with a Mary Sue. Or Mary'Sue vas Badass, or what have you.

That's really about it for the rules. I'll be kind of guiding the story from point A to point B, but how we get to each point will be in control of the players. I don't really like being railroaded, so I'll do my best to not do that to others.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses. Unless you are wearing glasses.

This will be a freeform game, as systems are a bit complicated to work with, and I feel like this gives more freedom. Plus, I trust myself to be able to keep things fun without relying on dice. Plus, dice are devils and will screw you over, as anyone who has ever rolled a 1 can attest to.

If you are still interested, post below. Once I have enough interest (and I don't need all that much), I'll put up an OOC and Character topic. Once I have enough characters, I'll start the main RP! Links will be below this post when available.

OOC

Characters

Citadel
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

eBadger

Suzie Lao
Suzie Lao is a counterculture icon, famous throughout the galaxy for her illegal broadcasts detailing the excesses, hypocrisy and tyranny of the major governments.  A Champion of the People, she’s sexy, fun, a pistol-wielding Robin Hood of information broking – half rock star glam and half folk hero violence.  As much as she pisses off big business and government, she enthralls everyone else.  She’s not above burglary, shootouts or seduction to get a story, and her news station – the Underground – hacks its way into normal feeds and brings anarchy, chaos and free love to every man, woman and Asari that ever felt sick of the powers keeping them down.  The revolution will be televised!

Sex: Female
Race: Human
Occupation: Information Broker (Freelance journalist/subversive/corporate terrorist)
Class: Engineer
Powers: Hacking (Locating, infiltrating and subverting computer systems and AIs), Combat Drone (Weaponized micro-VIs), Throw (Biotic telekinesis)

-Suzie is a technological savant with a penchant for hacking systems to seize information or defensive assets.  She's rarely without at least one armed camera drone, for later editing and broadcast.  Her abilities at telekinesis provides the key to many of the dramatic acrobatics featured on her broadcasts. 

Weaponry: Pair of 7.7R Ciriatto Pistols and a 7.7X Rubicante Pistol, typically with Warp ammo

-With a focus on getting a story or creating mayhem rather than mere slaughter, Suzie doesn't stock a heavy arsenal.  Her preferred sidearms are a pair of prototype heavy pistols liberated from a corporate facility during an investigation of Alliance governmental corruption, as well as a small custom holdout designed to collapse down to a tiny, scan-proof package. 

History: Suzie's childhood is a mystery that she prefers not to have answered. According to every record she was a model suburbanite whose parents died tragically.  Left with a fortune, she vanished for two years and suddenly reappeared with a vendetta that captured the galaxy's imagination. 

In reality, she was indeed born to an affluent family in Vancouver, the daughter of a powerful and unscrupulous lawyer and a wealthy heiress.  However, it was hardly idyllic; during years of abuse Suzie hid away with her studies until her father's violence culminated in her mother's suicide.  Legal recourses proved fruitless, and in the end Suzie solved the problem with her father's own pistol at the age of 14. 

She grabbed some funds and escaped off-world to avoid capture by police.  After a difficult start she fell in with a pirate vessel, where she learned to fight and put her education and aptitude with tech to malicious - and surprisingly fun - use.  Suzie learned to delight in chaos, pushing back against the oppressive legal hierarchy that had destroyed her mother and her childhood.  A series of short, amateur videos showing raids of everything from slavers to bankers, with suitably witty commentary, quickly went viral. 

An arrest on the Presidium for minor vandalism changed her life.  Fearing murder charges for her father, she was surprised to learn that his death had been reported accidental: a move by his firm to avoid scandal.  She was being hunted by the government as a missing person with a large inheritance, not a felon. 

She quickly set that to rights.  Nearly the entire fortune was sunk into a small ship with a stealth system and massive communications suite - the Underground itself - as well as top of the line weapons and armor.  Shedding the anonymity of her first videos she blossomed as a cult hero, pirate captain, and information broker. 

Her exploits should, by all rights, make her a wanted terrorist.  She delights in sabotage, burglary, and bombings.  She gives repeated injunctions to overthrow the government, attack police, and defy the law.  However, her actions have been aimed almost exclusively at the rotten core of the galaxy's corporations and governments: corrupt officials, rapists, slavers, the immoral rich who meet with little public pity.  The only serious attempt to prosecute her resulted in an outrage against the defense of her targets and doomed a judge and several politicians to disgraceful early retirement. 

With a charisma that sways billions and a daredevil attitude, Suzie is plunging headlong into a self destructive spiral.  She's willing to try most anything for an extra edge, from illegal gene hacking to prototype implants.  Her personal habits are a combination of manic attempts at perfection and unbridled hedonism. 

Inspirations: Bonnie & Clyde, Michael Moore, Rock Stars, the Irish Troubles. 

Sexual Orientation: Primarily lesbian, but willing to try most anything just for the sake of being outrageous. 

Availability: Suzie presents herself as a flirtatious tease.  She may pursue a relationship with a female, although that would depend largely on roleplaying. 

Ship: The Underground is a mid-range ship, designed as a swift yacht.  It has a small cargo hold and living quarters intended for a couple to live comfortably.  Most of the hold is now converted into a massive communications array, while a stealth suite has also been added to foil electronic detection.  Armament is minimal, intended for superiority against a lightly armed merchant, errant patrol fighter, or to cover a swift retreat. 

Limits: See my O/Os for the kink stuff; play-wise, I'm fine to see her fail but not humbled or humiliated.  She's a rock star, after all!

Rel Mayer

Maybe interested. :) I'm going to se where it goes.

thebobmaster

eBadger: Like the character. Could always have a hacker. Might be a bit tricky to work the "anti-government" part in, but hey, desperate times, etc.

Rel Mayer: I hope it goes well! The more, the merrier, after all.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

thebobmaster

I'm going to take that as an expression of interest. :P

la dame en noir

I love ME. I'm trying to get a group RP going on Gaia and its taking a while, but I have a 1x1 going on here right now and I was thinking of making a ME group RP, but I FOUND THIS SOOO I THINK IM GOING TO JOIN!

Not sure if I want to use my Alliance Vanguard or my Spectre for this.
A&A | FxF |

Landshark

definetely interested but could you specify what the group would be asked to do more. Is it a purely official Citadel group that was put together or will your Spectre character gather up the people they think best to help do the job ahead?

thebobmaster

It'll be a group my character puts together, like how Shepard got his/her group together.

Landshark

Hmmm Asari biotic or Batarian merc? Ooooh the decisions

la dame en noir

Is it okay to have a spectre in your group? Cause I love my Human Spectre. She's amazing.
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

One other Spectre is fine. I just didn't want to overdo it and have EVERYONE be a Spectre.

la dame en noir

Well I would like to reserve that spot please! I'm about to make my character profile in a moment if thats okay.
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

la dame en noir

You don't seem too happy about that. I'll just make her my Human vanguard then. :)
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

No, really I'm fine with it. I try not to control players too much.

Landshark

Spectre is just a title. She wouldnt have to be a one to play her.
Seriously leaning toward Batarian Merc. Figured they would have become a little more open since they were all but wiped out. Blade armor, biotic charge and ballistic blades. Give him a Mattock and the  M-358 Talon.

la dame en noir

Batarians scare me!

I'm still working on my profile while I'm working! :) Trying to find a good photo to represent Olivia.
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

OOC and Characters topics are up. Links posted in the main post.

la dame en noir

I'm still excited. But, I'm having one hell of a time finding a character picture cause I'm never satisfied with descriptions.
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

Take your time. Don't want you to feel rushed.

eBadger

Quote from: thebobmaster on September 21, 2014, 06:38:50 PM
eBadger: Like the character. Could always have a hacker. Might be a bit tricky to work the "anti-government" part in, but hey, desperate times, etc.

As long as they're after bad guys together it shouldn't be a problem...just a friendly rivalry.  Suzie's an opinionated loudmouth, but she's out to help people. 

eBadger

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 21, 2014, 10:41:38 PM
I'm still excited. But, I'm having one hell of a time finding a character picture cause I'm never satisfied with descriptions.
Always pictures first, THEN make a character!  ...It's so hard to do it the other way. 

EuRo

*Puts a placeholder*

I'd like to join as well.

Maybe a.. Infiltrator scout or 'tank-like' bodyguard adept character.  ;D

thebobmaster

Both of those sound like they could be interesting characters.

la dame en noir

Name || Olivia Wynter Nottingham

Gender || Female

Race || Human - she has a thing for Asari and Drell. Guess thats what happens when you grow up on an alien planet.

Occupation || Alliance Officer

Class || Vanguard

Powers || Cryro Ammo, Biotic Charge, and Nova

Weapon || Haliat Armory shotgun

Description || Olivia is a dark-skinned human. She has coco brown skin and piercing almond shaped hazel eyes. She stands at about 5 feet and 6 inches. She has a curvy, but athletic build and is known for wearing very tight fitted armor and clothes.

Notes || Olivia was a spacer, her parents both apart of the Alliance military, it was only fitting that should would take after them. She grew up on Thessia, wasn't very common for humans, but because of this she was able to gain biotic powers of her own. She studied and knew the Asari culture and history very well and was considered one of them among the Asari she interacted with. At the age of 21 she joined the ranks of the Alliance military as an Alliance officer, hoping to one day become a Commander of her own vessel. At only the ripe age of 24, she has be notably famous throughout the Alliance military as one of the best Vanguards. She prides herself in her prompt and serious personality and is always finding herself being the leader for anyone she works for.

She gets her assignments done fast and swift and doesn't let anyone hold her down. Some might say that this cold personality makes her hard to swallow, but that is fact quite the opposite. Aside from her very professional attitude, she is quite down to earth and easy to talk to.

Olivia has quite the disdain towards spectres and is often placed to work with them.

Limits || The thought of an synthetic or some alien race 'probing', 'experimenting' or 'injecting' her with anything gives her quite the nightmares. She does everything in her power to never have to deal with that when giving assignments on an undiscovered alien planet or species.
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

Well, that'll certainly make things interesting. The part about having disdain for Spectres, I mean. Not in a bad way, though. I like it.

la dame en noir

There's a reason she doesn't like them. She's not quick to judge, but she doesn't necessarily try to hide it either.
A&A | FxF |

eBadger

Poor Sera'Zarda, she's not going to get any respect at all! 

Tweaked Suzie: replaced Tech Shield with Combat Drone and added Limits. 

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

eBadger

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 22, 2014, 10:12:54 AM
No respect?

You've got a 'great disdain toward spectres' and my character is rather outspoken against Big Brother :)

la dame en noir

Quote from: eBadger on September 22, 2014, 10:49:00 AM
You've got a 'great disdain toward spectres' and my character is rather outspoken against Big Brother :)
Oh! I see what you mean lol
A&A | FxF |

thebobmaster

Should make for an interesting team! And I got those changes updated on the character page, badger.

Landshark

Hmm looking like Close combat is going to be pretty well handled. My Batarian idea wouldnt be much for rounding out a group.
Quick question:
Are you counting things like Veteran and Fitness as abilities or is that left to backgrounds and the like?

Thinking Turian Soldier with Marksman, Concussive shot(or) Fitness and proximity mines(or) veteran. Build him as a sniper with the Javelin and Cerb Harrier.

thebobmaster

Passive abilities would be left for backgrounds.

Interdiction of words

i will be joining, give me a bit of time to make my character
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

thebobmaster

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

eBadger

*Sends the staff to mop that up for you*

johnnyboyboy

*Bathes in creativity juices* Going to make an asari.
Just some quotes.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Interdiction of words

Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

la dame en noir

We have quite a few women don't we? I think I might need to make myself a Drell if we don't get any males in here lol
A&A | FxF |

Interdiction of words

I am going to be a man; just salarian

thebobmaster

This is looking like a varied group. That's always good.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

eBadger

Meh...I found the Drell to be one of the least interesting races. 

More Hanar. 

Interdiction of words

la dame en noir

Krogan's are the shit and I like the Drell, I wish there were more on them and the Hanar freak me out.
A&A | FxF |

Interdiction of words

If anything the Salarians are the powerful race

eBadger

thebobmaster

johnnyboyboy

Name: Velaria Tahni

Race: Asari

Class: Vanguard

Powers: Biotic charge. Shockwave. Cryo Ammo

Weapon: Has one shotgun and a pistol.

Description: Velaria stands at around 6 foot, She has blue eyes and smooth blue skin. She mostly wears dark clothing.

Notes: Velaria was Born on Thessia Shortly before the Reaper war started. Her mother was an Asari while her /Father/ Was a human female. When Thessia was invaded by the reapers she was only 16 years old, her Asari mother did her best to keep her safe and get her offworld before returning to the fight, leaving her with her human "mother" on the citadel before relocating to a small refugee camp.

After the reaper war had ended Velaria and her human mother returned to the citadel after the cleanup. Wanting to help her mother enlisted in the alliance leaving Velaria with some of the asari, they took her in and trained her in biotics and protecting others as well as herself. A few years later and Velaria saw the crime rates rise and nothing to be done about it, her mother took ill as she grew older and she needed the credits to take care of her, She started to work as a bounty hunter for a quick payout, at first in groups then alone as her confidence grew.

Working for the best payout Velaria always strives for the mission to be complete. Both mothers are a sore subject for Valeria, both due to the fact that one died for her and one pretty much abandoned her when she was still young.

Limits: As well as death, no mutilation. I mean getting shot in the arm,leg or body, bleeding, pain and leaving a scar is fine but nothing like loosing a leg or hand.

I probably missed something or did something wrong here, 1:30Am for me as i finish this.
Just some quotes.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."

thebobmaster

Quote from: johnnyboyboy on September 22, 2014, 07:24:52 PM

Name: Velaria Tahni

Race: Asari

Class: Vanguard

Powers: Biotic charge. Shockwave. Cryo Ammo

Weapon: Has one shotgun and a pistol.

Description: Velaria stands at around 6 foot, She has blue eyes and smooth blue skin. She mostly wears dark clothing.

Notes: Velaria was Born on Thessia Shortly before the Reaper war started. Her mother was an Asari while her /Father/ Was a human female. When Thessia was invaded by the reapers she was only 16 years old, her Asari mother did her best to keep her safe and get her offworld before returning to the fight, leaving her with her human "mother" on the citadel before relocating to a small refugee camp.

After the reaper war had ended Velaria and her human mother returned to the citadel after the cleanup. Wanting to help her mother enlisted in the alliance leaving Velaria with some of the asari, they took her in and trained her in biotics and protecting others as well as herself. A few years later and Velaria saw the crime rates rise and nothing to be done about it, her mother took ill as she grew older and she needed the credits to take care of her, She started to work as a bounty hunter for a quick payout, at first in groups then alone as her confidence grew.

Working for the best payout Velaria always strives for the mission to be complete. Both mothers are a sore subject for Valeria, both due to the fact that one died for her and one pretty much abandoned her when she was still young.

Limits: As well as death, no mutilation. I mean getting shot in the arm,leg or body, bleeding, pain and leaving a scar is fine but nothing like loosing a leg or hand.

I probably missed something or did something wrong here, 1:30Am for me as i finish this.

Looks good to me.

EuRo

Hmm. Does that 'trade another gun for one power' work the opposite way? 'One gun for one power?'. o:

And excuse the stupid question, but... three powers and one 'caveat'? What do you mean by that?

thebobmaster

That would work too, if you want to just have one gun and four powers. The "caveat" was the switching out powers for guns, or vice versa.

EuRo

Ahh. Now I feel completely stupid. XD Thank you for the information

Behindthemask75

O.o...You can't have a proper ME game without....

1) A krogan
2) A Turian

Tossing around the idea of making one of each.
Check my O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=311723.0

If I'm not replying fast enough for you, check here first: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=214700.0

thebobmaster

Multiple characters per player is fine.

EuRo

Name: Silas “Orpheus”

Class: Infiltrator

Powers: Tactical Cloak, Energy Drain, Armor Piercing Ammo, Sticky Grenade

Weapon: A M-97 Viper with Thermal Scope

Description:

Standing at a height of 6'3, Orpheus has a rather thin frame, with long arms and legs. Little is known underneath his mask, as he keeps his hood and mask on at all times for personal reasons. All that can be seen is a pair of dark brown chocolate eyes and hints of olive-toned skin. Armor is pieced together with as much tech as he can find; mismatched and scavenged. Usually keeps to his well known suit, shown above.

Notes: A thin, scrawny street urchin growing up in the metal streets of Omega, Orpheus learned fast how to defend himself by not being in the same room as his aggressors. As such, he had to be quick on his feet, know the back door to any place he entered, and thinking two steps ahead. Worked his way up as a information gather for credits, before turning to organized crime in the Eclipse Merc band. Stayed only for a little while, then went freelance with his skills acquired through Omega and the Eclipse, promoting his "Orpheus" nickname across the Extranet, with the picture of a Harp as his callsign. His motto: “Everyone has their own secrets. Consider me a purveyor of secrets. Or a destroyer, whichever pays more.” Often is a big fan of information brokers, contracts for assassinations, and those rich enough to pay for his time. Hates close-combat; learned as a kid that he is usually the first to fall. But can defend himself well enough; using timed attacks and the environment to do his dirty work, when he fights on his own terms. Hates politics, vorcha, relying and trusting on others, and easy jobs. Loves any challenges, his rifle, and has an affinity for seeing people get what they deserve. Keeps to himself, and a introvert, and a dark, if not philosophical, sense of humor.

Other: ((Theme song that I think fits him))

Limits: His work leaves little time for relationships, but when did have time, he is not fond of any vore, mutilation, or pain. Does not species discriminate. Man of simple tastes.

thebobmaster

Looks good. Having someone who is not necessarily combat proficient could be interesting.

EuRo

Heh, figured there is enough shotgun hardened battle warriors to go around. ^^

Behindthemask75

(Thought I'd post these for approval tonight. I won't be able to get started until tomorrow.)

Name: Silvanus Felscas
Race: Turian
Powers: Tactical Cloak, Sticky Grenade, and Disruptor Ammo
Weapons:M-29 Incisor, M-22 Eviscerator
Description:

Ship: Felscas possesses a small fighter, registered in the galactic systems as the Vakarian. Yes, the ship is named for Garrus Vakarian, the turian who helped Commander Shepherd. But the name is meant more as an honor for Garrus' dedication to upholding the law, his ruthlessness in applying the galaxy's codes of conduct. The ship is used mostly as a transport, allowing Felscas to quickly travel between worlds, taking jobs that most would shy away from. Felscas obtained the ship shortly after securing passage away from Palaven.

Notes: Silvanus trained as part of the Turian army as a sharp shooter but left his position over disagreements with superiors about behavior in the field. Does whatever is needed to get the job done, often without care for collateral damage, though will try to keep collateral to a minimum when the job allows for it. Quiet, reserved. Often seen as a leader, or at least one to keep the peace. Often goes by Fescas.

Limits: See my O/Os for play related limits. As far as his personal limits, there aren’t many. Failures keep him humble, thus he is constantly taking apart, cleaning, and repairing his weapons and taking target practice.

Name: Drax Vosk
Race: Krogan
Class: Soldier
Powers: Adrenaline Rush, Concussive Shot, Incendiary Ammo
Weapons: Hydra shotgun, Pulse Rifle
Description:

Notes: Drax was initially trained in Aralahk Company. The lack of need for the company drove Drax to become a mercenary, scouring the galaxy for missions worthy of a krogan, enough fun to keep him entertained. He is loyal, almost to a fault. He cares for his fellow squadmates, and refuses to turn his back or leave one behind. Drax has a tough time accepting defeat, krogan tradition and strength getting in his way. However, Drax wil readily retreat to be able and fight another day if a situation is too dark.

Limits: None, really (except for my general O/Os.)

If I'm not replying fast enough for you, check here first: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=214700.0

thebobmaster

Both of those look good. I'll probably get the main story topic up tomorrow.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Interdiction of words

Aestoln Elban

Sex: Male
Race: Salarian
Class: Salarian Scientist
Powers: Incinerate, Cryo Blast, Neural Shock, Overload, and Cryo Ammo
-Preferring to use his mind over the matter that comes from his weapons; he has mostly been using his powers to take out those that would jeopardize his work. Not afraid to get his hands dirty and even less afraid to burn the enemy away. Aestoln Elban shouldn't be taken lightly in any sense of the term. Being a scientist gives one a knowledge that could be used in ways many tend not to think about.

Weaponry: One Scorpion and a M-9 Tempest Submachine Gun

-Using his pistol for heavier fire then his submachine gun that allows for some powerful attacks with the explosive round that comes with the Scorpion but when the enemies get closer it would be time to bust out the Tempest

History:Be related the the great Mordin Solus is hard burden to bear. Everyone expects even more out of you every second of your life but that was a harsh and true case for Aestoln Elban. He had to deal with the mantel that his great uncle had placed upon him. School was hard since he was expected to do better then the rest of the students and that wasn't always the truth. He sometimes did better while other times he did not.

Throughout his childhood this same event happened over and over till one day he simply vanished. He changed his name, where he was from, and went to a colony to study in peace away from those that would bother him about his past. Heading to one of the human colonies his ship was attacked by pirates. He dispatched the pirates with ease' knowing that this would draw attention he hid away on the nearest space sport which was the citadel. 

There he met up with some STG whom had seen his fight with the pirates so they invited him to join their group. He went on to do the work of the STG till he was twenty five. at that age he retired to live a more peaceful life but that would change for the worst in the coming days ahead of him.

Inspirations: Mordin Solus   

Sexual Orientation: Straight, having no interest in the outside of that realm. One thing to add though is that he has a thing for Quarians

Availability: He is open to a relationship but is hesitant to get in one since that might distract him from his work or provide a weakness for his enemies to strike at.   

Ship: TheDivine Light has been in his care for many years but he has always taken good care of her; his ship is a modified fridget that has seen battle many times but still boasts a stern armament that would blow any smaller ship out of the water. A VI keeps him company aboard his ship at all times and manages it for him when he is flying it. This ship is his pride and joy but he knows every little bit of the ship and how to keep it afloat.

Limits: My Roleplaying preference should tell you everything you need to know

thebobmaster

I like it. I'm normally hesitant about players having their characters be related to canon characters, but I think the way the character is handled does a good job of it.

Interdiction of words

thebobmaster

OK, the intro to the story is set up. At least, the part anyone will be posting in. It's set on the Citadel, but if your character is off-world, that's fine. I arranged for a method to have the characters off of the Citadel be made aware of the request for help. All you'll need to do is either let me know where your character is so I can set up a topic, or set up the topic yourself and let me know so I can add it to the list. That way, I won't have, say, three topics taking place on Illium or what have you.

By the way, this does not mean I'm not still accepting characters.

Citadel

Landshark

Are yo still accepting characters? Sorry ive been working weird shifts this week. I had a Turian idea but it seems thats been taken...Any suggestions?

thebobmaster

I'm still accepting characters. As for what kind of character I'd be looking for, some kind of law enforcement or military could make things interesting.

Landshark

Could i make someone based on the N7 Demolisher engineer? That was my favorite class. An explosives and equipment expert.
Thinking Supply pylon, Arc granades and Homing grenades. Can also fix armor and weapons as well as the ship (whichever one they end up on)
If your cool with an N7 id like this a lot.

thebobmaster

Landshark

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Landshark

Name: Sawyer Hornsby
Home World: Mars
Height/Weight: 5’9/150 lbs
Hair/Eyes: Short dark brown/ Green
Class: N7 Demolisher (engineer)

Powers:
Supply Pylon: Can be modified before a mission given enough time to either produce supplies or emit an energy field that helps allied shields, tech systems and Biotic implants.

Arc Grenades: These deadly effective grenades both EMP electronics as well as deliver an electrical shock on impact to an individual target, if hit directly, or 20ft area. Not enough to kill but will incapacitate most standard life forms for a short duration. Multiple hits can be deadly.

Homing Grenades: Fired from a wrist launcher, these small devices lock on to a selected nearby target like miniature missiles. With a range of over 100 meters they can follow a target around corners or drop down over cover. A small but powerful blast that can easily kill lightly armored or unarmored targets.

Weapons: Harrier (Cerberus) Assault rifle, Cobra Missile Launcher

Description:
Sawyer is small for an N7. His tone body hidden under heavy blast armor gives the feeling he is simply wearing what he found. He wears a cocky yet chipper smile and attitude. His short military hair is usually spiky when not around a superior officer which lends to his lean features and high cheek bones.

Background:
Sawyer was never your normal kid. He grew up on Mars during the reconstruction years after the Reaper invasion. Because of that he was a hard worker who delighted in tinkering with all manner of electronics. The sound of constant explosions were always in the background growing up as cliff faces were chipped away or dig sites expanded. It didn’t take him long to get on as an assistant on a construction crew and constantly be in the way of the demolitions tech. This real life training carried with him as he realized his only chance to ever get off Mars was to join the military. Still reeling from its loses decades before, recruitment still stayed at an all time high.

Every kid in the last 50 years had been raised on the stories of Sheppard and as such the pool was deep for the N program. Unlike many of the other gung ho cadets Sawyer had a set and wait mentality. His defense is the best offense approach winning out more often than not during tactical drills. It didn’t take long for a few reports to find their way to the review committee and before he knew it he was into the program. Sawyer excelled at tactical thinking and engineering skills though his marksmanship and initiative were lacking. Sawyer didn’t see the point in being an expert marksman. Why shoot through a bolt hole when you can bring the wall down on them? And why go charging in when you can just set up a good strong point and wait them out? Sure there were times that a charge was needed but he found them to be far fewer than most people thought.

Step by step he made it up the N ranks until finally he had his chance for N7 clearance. Sent with 2 others to Locate, evaluate and if need be neutralize a renegade ship captain who it was rumored had turned pirate. When it was all said and done one member was dead the other wounded and Sawyer empty of ordinance. The ship was recovered and what was left of the crew put on trial. Having completed the mission though with extreme outcome he was granted his N7 rank after a hearing was held and determined that it was the group leader botched negotiations that resulted in the confrontation and that Sawyer’s defensive posture had actually saved the lives of innocent crewmen.

Now its 2 years later and Sawyer is allowed to roam free to some extent though always on call when needed.

Limits: No mind control please. Relationship wise he is a straight forward guy, so kinky is limited. Asari and human only unless something is really developed out between characters.

thebobmaster

Landshark

Woops just caught that we have a character whos name is very similar to mine lemme change that real quick

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

johnnyboyboy

Felt like we needed a drell since i think they are awesome and we have all other races really.

Name: Leset Kaen -
Race: Drell
Powers: Tactical Cloak, Sabotage, Incinerate
Weapon: Black widow sniper. M-77 Paladin
Description:
Notes: Leset was born on Kahje and had a less then normal childhood, both of his parents died due to Kepral's Syndrome. This lead the Hanar to take care of him and he was considered property of the government. When he became of age the Hanar began his training to be one of their assassins, teaching him meaning in everything. They not only taught him how to kill but how to hurt and maim. They taught him of the importance of the work he could do and gave him the tools. It took several years before he was in peak condition and trained properly to leave Kahje.

When he did leave Kahje he drifted for awhile, taking contracts for the hanar for free as he felt like he owed them, many hanar were greatful and often still tried to offer some form of thanks be it credits or words. he recently started to take contracts for a modest fee.

Limits: Like before, Death unless agreed, injuries are fine but loosing hand/leg is not.

Its hard to make drell without thinking he is too much like thane or something, then again i did want the whole Drell assassin thing as it seems interesting to play as something like it.
Just some quotes.

thebobmaster

Looks pretty good. After this, though, with the exception of one person who PMed me, I don't want any more characters UNLESS you want to play a villain. Just because the squad is starting to get a little large.

la dame en noir

*hyperventilates* OMG OMG OMGOGMLKGJMDFLDJFLKSJFLSADFJALF:JASDLKASJDL:ASJDA
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Ontan

As above. Still looking for villains, or is one enough?

Juggtacular

If there's still room for people, bad guy or otherwise, I'd like to give it a shot.

la dame en noir

ohhh! that sounds fantastic! Villains! I love Villains!!!!
A&A | FxF |

Juggtacular

Marshall "Wraith" Kennedy
The name "Wraith" is synonymous across the space lanes with many things. Mysterious disappearances. Assassination. Blackmail. Coercion. Terror Acts. His name is a herald of bad tidings usually, but rest assured if he's there he's getting paid handsomely and someone, somewhere needs something big done for them. If someone doesn't like you and they can find and or afford him...watch out.

Class: Sentinel
Description: Marshall stands at about 6'3, and he weighs roughly 240lbs, which is far more muscle than not. A lifestyle of constant activity and murder will do that for you. He's not pale, but he's not quite tan either. He's lived in space more or less all his life and it seems his skin will never feel the kiss of the sun. He's got brown hair which he styles(right now he's got the sides of his head shaved), and a scruffy beard/goatee combo thing goin' on. His biotics and eyes glow red as a result of the far beyond "safe" levels of eezo he was exposed to in utero...he thinks it's pretty badass, and very helpful when it comes to intimidation.  He's got a tongue piercing, and he speaks with a distinctive South London accent as that's where his parents were from(Brixton).
Powers: Throw(Telekinesis), Tactical Cloak, Barrier, Reave, Stasis

Weaponry: A telescoping Monomolecular Blade and a pair of N7 Hurricanes

- It's clear from his combat style that Wraith likes to get up close and personal if he can(he excels in a melee). If he can't, he's comfortable taking someone on up to the maximum range his guns will allow. And while he loves a good scrap, as someone who routinely assassinates people, he knows his way around a variety of weapons, including long range rifles so he can...reach out and touch someone.

History:  The man known as Marshall Kennedy was born as a result of humans not being able to shed who they were before leaving Earth. What that means is, despite the races being closer than ever, and all the things that everyone has been through...humanity still wants to be the best. Human Biotics were good, but on more than average, Asari Biotics and Krogan Battlemasters were just better.

Attempts had already been made at making an amazing human biotic; like Biotic Acclimation and Temperance Training(BAaT), also known as Brain Camp. As well as the experiments that led to the powerful, but highly unstable Subject Zero, and the Ascension Project. But failure was only the inspiration for tomorrow's breakthrough, and success was merely a stepping stone to perfection. Which meant that the journey to making a better biotic continued. Terrance and Paige Henson were a couple who volunteered for the Alliance's top secret research base crew.

And Paige unknowingly volunteered to be subjected to extremely high amounts of Eezo while in utero. She and about 2 dozen other women all volunteered" to see if abnormally high exposure would induce any increased effects beyond what had become the standard. The people living and working on the base thought they were all just doing highly classified research. The people monitoring the base from the outside knew better, and performed tests on them without their knowledge.

Many of the babies didn't make it; most of the rest came out deformed or ill in some way. Marshall was the only one to come out happy and healthy, but his birth had been one of the last, so his parents knew something was wrong before he came. His father found out the truth and went AWOL with his budding family, so Marshall wouldn't be raised as a human weapon. His parents had done a lot of things for a lot of people, so disappearing and starting fresh wasn't too hard. And on the plus side, Marshall's  Biotic levels were also incredibly potent.

He was fitted with his implants when he was the right age, and began training immediately. A unique side-effect from his heightened biotics was a strange red coloration of his energy as opposed to the normal blackish-blue. He continued to train until he was old enough to enlist at his parents behest. You might think it strange that after getting him away from the Alliance, they'd throw him right back. But there was a method to the madness. If he joined the Alliance, he would just be seen as a highly skilled Biotic, and they could never have enough of them.

No one would ever think he was the son of the one couple that had no birth records from the "Manifest Unity" station, and suddenly disappeared. From the moment he left boot camp, Marshall was on the fast track to success and rapidly climbed the ladder. He made N7 and was considered for being chosen as a Spectre before things changed. One day a branch of the Alliance he'd never heard of came to the family home, and less than twenty minutes later, his parents were dead.

He was incredibly valuable to the Alliance though, and a rising name in the military, so of course they'd try to keep him alive. Well killing the family of a biotic weapon on legs is not the best way to go about getting someone to go with you. He slaughtered the men who'd killed his family, took what money he had and left everything behind. His family was gone; the military had betrayed him. He was alone. He didn't resurface for months, but when he did he had a new name, a new face; an entirely new identity.

And considering the axe he had to grind with the Alliance, he began using his considerable penchant for taking life to make a profit. Originally he only targeted Alliance soldiers and officials, but soon the demand for his services simply grew beyond that and he became something of a Fixer; solving people's "problems" before they came back to bite them on the ass in some way. Spying, bribery, blackmail, extortion, assassination. He did anything and everything as long as you could afford him. The name Wraith soon became known far and wide in the underworld. It's funny how some people still don't believe he's real. Funny but that's the way he likes it. Even though he's branched out, he still wants to find the people who took his family away, and he wants to do horrible things to them.

Inspirations: Drizzt Do'Urden, Kai Leng, Kelsier(Mistborn Trilogy), Assassin's Creed, Deadpool, Dragon Age(Clearly), etc...

Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Availability: He likes to think of himself as a ladies man, so he flirts a lot and due to his confidence, good looks, and silver tongue; he often is. He has no real preference to women, although he's never tried to climb a Krogan or bothered with a Volus or anything like that.

Ship: The Laurentian is a frigate class vessel; a bit smaller due to Wraith working alone mostly, but it doesn't lack for weapons and armor. In fact it has a bigger punch and a tougher hull than most would expect from a craft that size. Where the Laurentian really excels though is speed and maneuverability as well as it's stealth capabilities. Wraith needs to get places quickly and quietly; and his job means sometimes he has to blow up ships while avoiding getting blown up himself. It's a tough job, but his baby is always up for the task.

Limits: No gore(extremely gruesome), vore, scat, watersports, etc... Bad guys lose, and that's to be expected, but good bad guys also win. Ever heard of the Xanatos Gambit? All he wants is a nice balance. Getting beaten all the time like Team Rocket sucks.  >:)

thebobmaster

That looks like quite the interesting villain, Jugg! And yes, Ontan, there is still room for more villains.

Ontan

Great - I'll try to get something written up this afternoon! It'll be another human male, but apart from that were you after anything in particular from the antagonist?

While I'm on the topic, Jugg: did you want our villains to have any sort of shared history?

thebobmaster

Juggtacular

Quote from: Ontan on October 02, 2014, 11:12:59 PM
Great - I'll try to get something written up this afternoon! It'll be another human male, but apart from that were you after anything in particular from the antagonist?

While I'm on the topic, Jugg: did you want our villains to have any sort of shared history?

Sure they could have history. Maybe they've crossed paths or done a few jobs together?

Juggtacular

thebobmaster

I'm here. Just waiting to see if anyone else will post, and trying to think of something for your character. Hell, I have half a mind to play that quarian bartender. I have half of a mind anyways, but still.

Juggtacular

Coolio. :D Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one lol.

Ontan

Right then... sorry for the delay.

Much as I want to post a fully polished character sheet, I've probably kept you all waiting long enough. I'll sneak in a quick edit later to add pictures and revisions, but in the mean time consider this to be a draft for the proposed villain.

Thaddeus "No Relation" Sheppard

Safety, liberty, and privacy: according to the extranet listing for his private security firm, Thaddeus will ensure that these rights are upheld to the utmost professional standard. It would sound like a noble ambition, unless one knew the sorts of clients that employ him… or the ruthless tactics he utilises. Part bodyguard and part insurance policy, Thaddeus has recently founded a lucrative career on ensuring some of the galaxy’s most wanted individuals escape reprisal, be it formal arrest or a Council-sanctioned assassination attempt.

Class: Soldier

Description: Standing at 82kg and 186cm (181 lbs / 6’1"), Thaddeus is certainly stronger than some, though it’s his speed and intellect that make him dangerous. His auburn hair, pale complexion, and easy confidence lend him a refined charm, which helps counteract the effects of his calloused hands and wolfish smile when he introduces himself. Thaddeus’s blue eyes gleam with cleverness and cruelty in equal measure, a gaze which commands nervousness from shopkeepers, and curiosity from fools. 

Beneath his high-end equipment and immaculate clothes, Thaddeus bears a half-dozen scars across his body – proof that armour and shields aren’t infallible. Most of the blemishes are little more than faded slashes on his skin, but a ragged patch along his ribs tells of a particularly horrific wound somewhere in his past.

Powers:
-Chemical Rounds – Popular with pirates, criminals, and mercenaries, these rounds are coated with highly toxic (and often radioactive) compounds designed to poison and inhibit healing.
-Proximity Mines – In addition to the usual timed or remote detonation, these vicious explosives can be set to explode when intruders come within range.
-Fortification – A mechanism that temporarily reinforces combat armour with non-Newtonian fluids and protective Foucault currents. Though intended as a defensive measure, the current can be ‘purged’ through the gauntlets to deliver a powerful one-off melee attack.

Weapons:
-M-6 Carnifex (Heavy Pistol) – Exceptionally accurate and with immense stopping power, these pistols are favoured by mercenary leaders. Its slow fire rate, small clip, and extraordinary price tag limit its popularity elsewhere.
-M-76 Revenant (Assault Rifle) – Despite being heavy, inaccurate, and difficult to maintain, these assault rifles are often a source of pride for their owners, and terror for their enemies. With a mammoth clip capacity and blistering rate of fire, it excels at laying down suppressive fire.

History:
“Too thuggish for engineering corps, too insidious for marines” – so reads an early annotation on Thaddeus’s military records. However unkind the words might’ve been, the author did hit upon a certain truth.

Right from the onset, Thaddeus’s time in the Alliance military was chequered to say the least. He struggled in a number of core subjects, though he graduated from the academy due to his excellent marks in firearm proficiencies, field repairs, and electronic system management. Notwithstanding a number of earlier concerns about his performance, his superiors decided to take a gamble and allowed Thaddeus to join the Alliance as a garrison technician. The decision was not without merit: Thaddeus excelled in certain aspects of his work, namely those which leant themselves to creatively inflicting violence and running from danger (or, to use military lingo, field modification and displacement tactics), and his more malignant shortcomings were yet to manifest.

Charged with maintaining the security systems and equipment of a modest Alliance outpost, Thaddeus served the Alliance for almost two years, all the while using the relative isolation to procure a few black-market acquisitions or indulge in some questionable projects of his own. In his defence, Thaddeus was always careful to cover his tracks, and his unlawful activities would have almost certainly remained undetected were it not for a pirate raid on the outpost. He survived the raid, of course, but his career didn’t survive the ensuing Alliance investigation.

When they reviewed footage of the attack, Alliance officials discovered that Thaddeus had deliberately sacrificed a number of his peers during the defence of the outpost. At its least culpable, this comprised of sealing the permitter too early, leaving stragglers to die; at its worst, Thaddeus intentionally fired explosives into a group of friendlies in order to eliminate some hostiles who’d closed to melee range. Placed under the microscope of the Alliance disciplinary board, Thaddeus’s other secrets – black market weapons, illegally modified equipment, and so forth – soon came to light. A dishonourable discharge was a forgone conclusion. Thaddeus escaped incarceration by fleeing to the Terminus system, but his reputation was forever marred.

Like most in his position, Thaddeus’s desperation soon caused him to fall in with the ‘wrong’ crowd. He spent a few rough years flitting between criminal gangs, constantly trying to stay afloat in the tumultuous and, above all, violent politics of Omega station. His lucky break finally came when a local mercenary took notice of his military training, and offered him a position in Blackwatch, one of the sector’s countless security firms. Almost immediately, Thaddeus’s fortunes started to improve for the first time in years. With access to proper equipment (and hideously illegal weapons) it wasn’t long before the former Alliance technician put his skills to sinister new uses, with spectacular results. Within a week, Blackwatch was reinforcing client compounds with proximity mines – wicked devices that had the added benefit of torching incriminating evidence. Within a month, Blackwatch guards were armed with a deadly new strain of toxic ammunition. Ultimately, Blackwatch rose too far, too fast, and incurred the attention of Omega’s stronger predators. It mattered little to Thaddeus. A survivor and consummate pragmatist, he abandoned his saviours with the same ease that one might abandon a sinking ship, pausing only take the client list and, of course, burn any links back to him.

The lesson learned, Thaddeus is now starting over once more, albeit with a significant pool of assets and a list of potential customers. Amid the chatter and hollow promises of the Terminus system extranet, one more listing is adding its voice to the clamour. Argos Security is the latest in a long line of boutique security firms, but it’s already receiving referrals from some of the sector’s most iniquitous criminals. They say that Argos Security delivers on the promises it makes to clients: their safety is enforced through a strong offence, their liberty measured in dead Council investigators, and their privacy reflected in burning ruins where incriminating evidence existed just moments before.

Sexual Orientation: Usually heterosexual, though Thaddeus sometimes indulges with the occasional married couple.

Availability: Never one to build a lasting relationship, Thaddeus prefers the convenience and disposability of hook-ups. Fortunately for him, this is a rather common mindset in the shady environments that he occupies.

Ship:
The Corvus is a powerfully ugly ship, but to be fair it was never designed to operate in inhabited space. Originally designed to survey isolated planets, its potent engines and exemplary sensory systems have since been repurposed, and the ship now serves as both a lookout and getaway vehicle. The rigors of operating in lawless space necessitate a modest armament, but much like its namesake, the Corvus relies on cunning and agility rather than brute strength. It can house fifteen crewmen in relative comfort, but in recent times the only occupants are a few service droids and Thaddeus himself, who spends much of his time in the on-board machine shop.

Limits: Please see my Ons / Offs for general preferences. I’d also like to echo Juggtacular’s comment about bad guys, losing, and the odd Xanatos Gambit.

thebobmaster

Very interesting character, Ontan! I like it!

la dame en noir

Just wanted you to know that I'm still here! D:
A&A | FxF |

Behindthemask75

Yeah, don't worry. I'm still here as well. I'll check in like this from time to time, but for the most part I'll just watch until something's posted for me to reply to in the main story thread.

Juggtacular

What's the status of this game? I really hope it isn't dead. I like it too much to not have been able to do anything.

thebobmaster

It's not dead. I'm hesitant to timeskip ahead, but I might end up doing so to get the action started.

Juggtacular

la dame en noir

If it means anything, I'm still here! D:
A&A | FxF |

Ontan

Also still in, albeit in a separate villain thread.

wander

Hi there, are there any gaps I could possibly take? I prefer a stealthy character or one tech-based if possible...

johnnyboyboy

Just some quotes.

eBadger

Unless we're actively recruiting we should probably stick to the OOC thread or we're going to confuse people :)

thebobmaster

Quote from: wander on October 15, 2014, 07:52:06 AM
Hi there, are there any gaps I could possibly take? I prefer a stealthy character or one tech-based if possible...

If you want to play a villain, that could work.

Juggtacular