Firefox crashing regularly whenever Flash Player is running.

Started by Nachtmahr, February 16, 2015, 07:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Hi.

Whenever I put a video running with Adobe Flash Player into fullscreen Firefox has a tendency to crash if I click on anything else. I run with two monitors, and I tend to watch videos on the secondary one. By 'tend to' I mean I do it all the time, so this is kind of a huge issue.

Does anyone else have problems like this? It doesn't happen every time, but a rough 50% wouldn't be far off.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Rebelle

Have you recently installed the newest Flash update?

I would suggest uninstalling using their uninstall feature (search UNINSTALL) on the adobe website, then download the latest version of Flash, and run it.

Also make sure that all of your drivers are up to date as well as Java.  You may need to uninstall all old versions of java via your control panel before updating it again.

That's what's helped me in the past.

Beguile's Mistress

I have a similar problem with Firefox and usually run videos in my IE browser because Adobe is a pain in Firefox.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Rebelle on February 16, 2015, 07:02:58 PM
Have you recently installed the newest Flash update?

I would suggest uninstalling using their uninstall feature (search UNINSTALL) on the adobe website, then download the latest version of Flash, and run it.

Also make sure that all of your drivers are up to date as well as Java.  You may need to uninstall all old versions of java via your control panel before updating it again.

That's what's helped me in the past.

I'll try this.

And I'm glad to see I'm at least not the only one. It's definitely getting on my nerves. I'm at the point where I'm considering to just give up on Firefox altogether.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Lrrr

I have the same problem on my dual monitor setup and also on my single head machine.  After checking into it, the problem is in Adobe's code but there doesn't seem to be any real interest on Adobe's part to fix it.  Latest versions of all the relevant software and drivers doesn't seem to help the problem and it's been around for at least the past six months.

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As