Offering Advice to Improve this Site?

Started by Jenny 7, December 23, 2011, 04:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny 7

Hello, Where can I offer advice on how to improve this site?  There are many improvements that can be made to incorrect pages.  Thanks.
What are your secret fantasies?

Lilias

Since this is the 'ask/report/suggest anything' area, feel free to post here. :-)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Jenny 7

I would think that there should be a panel of intelligent literate men judges that should decide on how to improve this site instead of a group setting.  That is very disappointing that this is the only option.

Autumn Sativus

A group of many people instead who use this site, can add their inputs to your suggestion and if it is well liked or seems logical, the technical Admin may just make it happen.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Jenny 7

Thanks Saffron for your quick reply.  I will contact the owner of this site directly, and discuss my thoughts with him , since I don't agree with the current policy of this site.

Saerrael

Nah, Jenny. I think it would be more interesting for you to keep it here, where it is supposed to be, and talk to everyone who might wander in, than to contact the person who set up this site and keeps it running without demanding anything back from its members. After all, all of the staff, volunteers and senior members would be more than happen to listen to your suggestions on how to alter a site that has been running for ages now. And not only the men, but also the women (of whom the God rank is mostly formed of) and the 3rd gender.

The Golden Touch

I would like to see these ideas, as would the rest of the general public I imagine. I know that many good ideas come from a variety of people since no one is the same. Hence why most places are a voting system?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

jouzinka

So would I. In my experience discussion can even shed light on viewpoint angles one wouldn't be able to look at on their own...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Saerrael

Beguile's Mistress

It also allows those new to our site to hear from others who might have the same ideas or might have expressed those ideas in the past but learned that implementing them would not work here or may have been tried and found to be unpopular.

Haloriel

I would likewise agree with the other posters, Jenny 7.  Also, welcome to Elliquiy.  Hopefully there is enough here to keep you and your muse happy.  This section of the forums is for the purpose of suggesting anything, or seeking help.  I'm sure there are a number of members that are likewise very technologically savvy that have the interest in helping make those that are in charge of running Elliquiy that much less of a burden and more of an awesome community than it already is.  8-)

Haibane

Newcomers to the site with new ideas is always a good thing, please share.

Trieste

Quote from: Jenny 7 on December 23, 2011, 10:54:28 PM
I would think that there should be a panel of intelligent literate men judges that should decide on how to improve this site instead of a group setting.  That is very disappointing that this is the only option.

The owner of the site has a fairly extensive staff to help with policy. Generally Vekseid participates in the round-table discussions that lead to policy improvements and changes. Very seldom does one staff member make changes to policy alone - in fact, in my memory, it hasn't happened.

If you'd like, you're free to PM any of the staffers on this site to help you out. We can be found on the staff page.

Vekseid

Quote from: Jenny 7 on December 23, 2011, 11:00:41 PM
Thanks Saffron for your quick reply.  I will contact the owner of this site directly, and discuss my thoughts with him , since I don't agree with the current policy of this site.

The only truly unilateral decisions I make are those to make sure Elliquiy acts in accordance with United States federal law, and to otherwise minimize our legal exposure as an adult community.

Everything else is on the table, so to speak, and everything is open for membership discussion.

consortium11

Quote from: Jenny 7 on December 23, 2011, 10:54:28 PM

The use of "men" seems a little out of place...

Zeitgeist

Quote from: consortium11 on December 27, 2011, 06:07:31 PM

Intelligent and literate, no less!

Oniya

Quote from: consortium11 on December 27, 2011, 06:07:31 PM

Quote from: Zeitgeist on December 27, 2011, 06:25:55 PM
Intelligent and literate, no less!

That's hardly the way to make someone feel comfortable about giving their opinions.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Oniya on December 27, 2011, 06:48:03 PM
That's hardly the way to make someone feel comfortable about giving their opinions.

Perhaps not, but the untoward qualification could hardly go unchallenged. I'm only bemused two men beat any ladies to said 'challenge'. That said, there's not vitriol I see, only scratching heads I think.

NileGoddess

Personally, I don't see the plausibility of this request. This is a site that stresses equality and consent, Jenny 7. There's obviously a lot of people on this forum, so it's similar to walking into a large building; you won't know where everything is and what everything does unless you stop to ask someone or happen to see a sign whilst exploring. It takes time, it takes thought, and most of all, there will likely be some minor errors.

So, why should anyone have to bow before an almighty panel of female or male users that dictate how the site works exactly? As what's been stated before, everyone pools in their opinions, and the rest of the site gives their opinions in return. Granted, there's technical aspects that make the site itself function in an optimal way, but that's besides the point. The point is that the people who should make suggestions on how to run the forum better are everyone: staff, experienced players, and new players alike.