Slay That Dragon! (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 08, 2011, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Dragons are now hunted heavily, parts used for certain 'elixirs', teeth, claws, scales, blood. The older the dragon parts, the more rare the color, the more expensive and exotic the elixirs are. Slayers are out to get rich, most hired by Royalty to gain parts for their personal sorcerers to make said elixirs. Some slayers might, though, end up seeing the dragons as the wondrous creatures they really are, and seek to befriend  the beasts.

Players needed:

Dragons : Silver taken, only one in existence, oldest at Great Wyrm. (My char) There will be many NPC'd. Any other color, chromatic or metallic accepted. Age must be 1500 years or younger. Size must be under 500 ft. Power and/or strength your own preference as long as it's remembered that my character is the Big Dawg here. Shifting to human or animal acceptable.

Royalty: King, queen, princes/princesses. ANY  royal type personage seeking elixirs for a myriad of reasons. In this part of the story much intrigue and backstabbing could occur...

Sorcerers: Connected to the Royals to make elixirs, seekers of slayers to gain parts. Depending on how many wish to play this type of char, maybe a traveling one, telling the Royals of what your char can provide them..

Slayers. Well....slaying. You may choose to seek to become a rider if you wish,  perhaps bonding with a dragon you are hunting in some way, but you must start as a slayer, and once you're a rider you're no longer a slayer, and the other slayers will wish to end your existence and take your dragon for..yes..PARTS.. slaying is the main goal. Slaying = parts = prestige in this world. Riders are outcasts, but one never knows..are you friends with a rider? Is a rider living in your village? You'd not be able to tell...

This is a tentative interest check. If there ends up being enough people to want to be part of this game, such things as what each dragon part is worth and what type of elixir it makes will be added, as well as perhaps territories. If enough interest is shown a more definitive story outline will be given. I seek players willing and capable to make decent posts. I don't expect a book with each post, but I do crave someone willing to put in effort. If this game gets off the ground, I'm not sure where it will go. I expect blood and battle in the RP, and I don't know that much sex would be involved, but I don't care if it happens between chars. This is basically not a sex-based RP.

I hope this grabs enough people!

Kaiten

Well I might be interested. But I gotta ask, your character wouldn't be godly powerful, would it?

bubby

Oh no! I just have an idea for the story as mine being the oldest, wisest..yadda, hence she being able to rally the other dragons around her, giving advice and such. She's by no means " I SHALL SMITE THEE powerful..lol. Being Silver, though indeed capable of being good in a fight, she's more defensive, and she'd rather use wisdom and temperence!

AngelicBlade

Very interested in playing a slayer role in your roleplay here. Let me know if there is a spot open for me please? :-)

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmmm, I would be interested in this RP. Not quite sure do I want play as slayer or as a dragon. The basic frame for both would be;

Dragon: A fairly young and small dragon for his age, it's not greatest combatant nor skilled in dragon magic nor have much for treasure. But he belongs to extinct subspecies for dragon known as 'Windriders'. Basically said Windrider dragons are extremely fast fliers from all dragons. It's like comparing present modern day figther jet plane to old three wing propel plane from first world war when speaking about speed difference. So even altough he is not good in close combat he makes more than enough with his aerial speed superiority and aerial combat. So far he avoids slayers because he has taken human form and even in human form he is extraordinary fast runner. Also most ballista or siege weapons cannot hit him because he moves that fast. Also if he would focus spin around target in air, he can create literally tornado with his speed and wind motion he creates.

Slayer: A renown slayer who is past forty but looks like he's man in twenties. He's known for great strenght and endurance and ability heal from his injuries quick. Many say he has drinked many draconic elixirs to gain his prowess but truth of the matter is that his mother herself was a true dragon but she had taken human form to disguise herself and top of it all cursed herself to seal her form so she cannot take never again dragon form. Slayer is not aware of this fact. However mother would had lived very long time if not for a chromatic nasty natured dragon coming burn down farm where parents lived and got killed by draconic fire. Ever since then he has been on road of vengeance with dragons, caring little for elixir business associated with slayers but he welcomes gold to help pursue his goal in hunting dragons.

ofDelusions

I would be interested to play a dragon. Always wanted to play one.

One question though. Are all chromatic dragons expected to be and metallic dragons good? Depending on that I'd like to a bit older (700-1200 years old) sorcery using dragon that prefers to act through illusions (or dominated lackies) or a bolstorous young red.

Techn0logic

I am interested, I must say. Being a king sounds pretty intriguing as well. Lemme know if this gets to the drawing board.
Understanding is a triple-edged sword: Your side, my side, and the truth.

bubby

Quote from: AngelicBlade on May 09, 2011, 01:15:06 AM
Very interested in playing a slayer role in your roleplay here. Let me know if there is a spot open for me please? :-)

You are more then welcome to be a slayer. I shall reserve a spot for you!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 09, 2011, 01:48:08 AM
Hmmmm, I would be interested in this RP. Not quite sure do I want play as slayer or as a dragon. The basic frame for both would be;

I think either of your ideas would be ok. I'd need to know that you wouldn't go over the top in either of the characters strengths though. I think I personally like the idea of your dragon the best, being young and inexperienced. This way it would perhaps cause a better link between my char and yours? Or maybe even the complete opposite, where my char tries to take yours 'under her wing' but he wants nothing of it? Just an idea...

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 09, 2011, 03:09:36 AM
I would be interested to play a dragon. Always wanted to play one.

One question though. Are all chromatic dragons expected to be and metallic dragons good? Depending on that I'd like to a bit older (700-1200 years old) sorcery using dragon that prefers to act through illusions (or dominated lackies) or a bolstorous young red.

You can play your dragon having any sort of attitude you like. My dragon will basically be the one trying to bring all dragons together again, being a Silver, and the oldest. She'll attempt to 'mother' the group. Failure in this endeavour will make a better story. :)

Quote from: Techn0logic on May 09, 2011, 04:03:59 AM
I am interested, I must say. Being a king sounds pretty intriguing as well. Lemme know if this gets to the drawing board.

Excellent! I'll pencil you in!

Thank you all for your interest! I'll be waiting awhile longer to see if more interest generates. I also need to come up with a list of elixirs and their Power. And some other stuff, like rules and guidelines. At LEAST a week, if not a smidge longer.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I go with my dragon then. I meant him to be super fast dragon species, even faster than your silver perhaps but otherwise he lacks experience or skills to be any threat to her (expect in direct non-magical flight race). I think my dragon char is kind of wandering orphan who tries blend in human society in human form but does not want be controlled or ruled by stranger (even if motherly intentions). He's basically living dragon teen years so he acts quite much a young male in teen age.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested in playing in this game ;D. Most likely as a dragon slayer. I also had a question is it possible for player characters to be riders? must it be something earned in game?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 09, 2011, 12:35:54 PM
Well, I go with my dragon then. I meant him to be super fast dragon species, even faster than your silver perhaps but otherwise he lacks experience or skills to be any threat to her (expect in direct non-magical flight race). I think my dragon char is kind of wandering orphan who tries blend in human society in human form but does not want be controlled or ruled by stranger (even if motherly intentions). He's basically living dragon teen years so he acts quite much a young male in teen age.

I really like that idea Zaer. Roll with it. I'll be making a character template as soon as I can.

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 09, 2011, 12:41:23 PM
I'm interested in playing in this game ;D. Most likely as a dragon slayer. I also had a question is it possible for player characters to be riders? must it be something earned in game?

It must be earned in game, as I believe this will broaden the story. Slayers can only become riders if they bond with a dragon they are hunting, and hopefully it's with an actual dragon that is being played.  This is why I am waiting a bit longer for interest, to make sure we have enough player ratio. This also shouldn't be an easy task mind you!

Urbanzorro

QuoteIt must be earned in game, as I believe this will broaden the story. Slayers can only become riders if they bond with a dragon they are hunting, and hopefully it's with an actual dragon that is being played.  This is why I am waiting a bit longer for interest, to make sure we have enough player ratio. This also shouldn't be an easy task mind you!

Good to know ;D I'll start drumming up some ideas for my character and keep an eye on this thread!
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AngelicBlade

Thanks for reserving a spot for me. I'll make a character as soon as the Charater thread is up, or if you need me to post in here in the interest check.

bubby

Name:
Appearance: (If you char is a dragon and has a human form, post a pic for both characters, as well as appearance stats for both)
History:
Personality:
Strengths&Weaknesses: (Please do not god-mode strengths, and each char must have at least one weakness or weak point upon the body if in dragon form. I do not expect characters to be killed, but injured occasionally brings more depth to story)

Heart = (elixir)Regeneration/lengthened life. Cures diseases. Must not be taken too much, or will speed up aging process too quickly and human will die before their time.

Blood = (elixir)Strength/stamina. A couple drops gives stamina, more builds actual muscle. Again, too much ='s bad.

Bones = (elixir)Love potions, sexual stamina

Claws & Teeth = (slayers)Arrow/spearheads, knives

Scales = (elixir)Beauty (slayers) Armor

Ok. Above is the character template to use. Go ahead and post your characters here when you have them, and we can move them later if needed. There is also an idea of what dragon parst will be sought to make certain elixirs and/or defensive tools

Drakan

Lol As always I'm late for the party, but i make it none the less.  You thought you could escape me Bubby harhar ehehehehe.  Anycase count me in.

Wyrd

Count me in too! :) I'll try to drop in my Bio this week. I'm still trying to decide If I want to make a Slayer, king or a sorcerer. I'm going for an pure evil typr character
Ragtime Dandies!

PeacethatPowerbrings

So, so interested. Here is my character concept.

Name: Wotan Lokk (Known as Lokk)
Type of Character: Dragon - Black
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: Born to a rather territorial mated pair of dragons in what was essentially a scorched wasteland, Lokk lost his parents when human mining settlements encroached on their territory and summoned slayers when the dragons attempted to drive them out. Ultimately, both his parents were killed. Lokk remained in his lair, and avoided the humans until he believed himself strong enough. In an attempt to reassert his parents' territory he razed three mining villages. Unlike his parents however, he tends not to remain in an attack, preferring to avoid closing the distance, or remaining long enough for humans to raise a defense. Instead, he tends to make life nearby his lair unlivable. Unfortunately, nearby is a relative term, because although he makes his home quite high in the mountains, he treats everything he notices on his trips outside his lair as 'nearby'. He is also inherited a desire to hoard riches from his parents, though his treasure grows slowly, thanks to his preference for short, intense attacks.

Personality: Lokk is a brute, though not at all stupid for it. He tends to attack out of a sense of his familial territory, and loves anything of value, though he only recognizes value as rarity, precious metals, or powerful objects.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Lokk is a powerful dragon, possessed of dark armored scales, and powerful magic. His magic, and strength are all turned to destructive purposes, augmenting or changing his fire. His strength is in direct attack, and especially in close combat (despite his general aversion for engaging with humans in this way).

Lokk's greatest weaknesses follow his strengths. He is large, and not particularly fast when not making a attack pass (speed here attributed to a dive into the pass). Furthermore, his wings, uncovered by scales, can be harmed by any kind of conventional weapon (of sufficient size to make an impact), as his hide is not particularly tough where unarmored. He also heals very slowly, which means that injuries, like those to his wings can make him vulnerable for a long time afterward.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Kaiten

That is one big dragon... (By the way, didn't reply before, but I have changed my verdict to interested due to your reply ^^)

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Fuu Liangham (human name; Liam)
Type of Character: Dragon (able take human form with green hair and green eyes)
Appearance:
History: Fuu Liangham is a wind dragon, a very rare subspecies of dragon who are fastest of fliers from all dragons. They do not fly with wings but with aid of wind magic which comes naturally to them. So they fly by magic and also they are unmatched in agility and aerial acrobatics. Fuu Liangham lost his parents early in his life, group of slayers came to slay his parents who resided in world's tallest mountain. None his parents had harmed no one expect flying occasion high in the skies and go drink water from pond. Wind dragons themselves are vegetarians and so they eat anything green plant life (their favorite is crunchy bamboo). Reason for slayers to come was just get super rare parts from his parents to make elixirs?! As it's said the blood of the wind dragon cures any ailments and makes person loose massive weight (super diet drink). Also scales when powdered gives ability to fly like a wind dragon for short time.

Fuu Liangham fled while parents fought, a week later he returned....not find any remains of his parents nor their centuries collected art what they had picked up when humans decades ago gave offerings to dragons or what they purchased while disguised as humans. Only what he found.....was strong smell of blood and carnage but besides massive bloodstains nothing remained. Fuu Liangham grew bitter but not vengeful, he grew bitter for being dragon and so he descended down from skies and took human form. Started travel and live as nameless human wanderer who tried get by in his life. He became infamous apple thief in one village and in next he stole garlic and pumpkins to survive by.
Personality: Fuu Liangham is spirited teenager (in dragon age terms). He had lived alone most of his life. As small child he got by stealing food, vegetables, in human form. He do misses crunchy bamboo treats from near his home but he is settled on living off as human. As living as dragon only brings slayers which he dreads for his life but also resents them to his core for being cold blooded murderers. He tries live positively while he can but he carries deep burden of sadness in his heart from loss of his parents and altough he could argue with someone being fine living off by himself....but truth said he feels lonely more than often to wish company whom to open to and talk to. He misses to have family. He has never learned how to fight nor he desires to.
Strengths&Weaknesses:

Human: Liam is slightly tougher and stronger than average human (but there are tougher and stronger humans around than him) but his key aspect is speed. He reacts with supernatural speed and reflex to things and he has very sharp senses in human form. Also in human form he can perform incredible long leaps, partially aided by passive wind magic which is each wind dragon's heritage. Also any injuries in human form heal slow rate.

Dragon:

Strenght: Fuu Liangham is fastest dragon there is plainly said. His speed and reflexes while in air or ground are unmatched by any dragon. Only dragon who could be faster would be another wind dragon who is adult or older. Altough fragile, Fuu Liangham can recover fairly fast from injuries (expect in human form).

He has never used his breath weapon but he has it, he had never got reason to use it. His breath weapon is plainly said a cone shaped powerful wind attack which can knock down even dragon off the sky and give nasty bruise. Humans case they can fly far distances and ruin houses and buildings. Also sounds he made as wind dragon carry very far and can be so sharp it's painful for human ear to hear them up close.

Weaknesses: Fuu Liangham is more fragile and weaker than other dragons. Because of his bone structure he can be more easily harmed with crushing weapons or break his limbs. Also he is physically weaker; he may not able to break nets or chains like most dragons would. Small group of humans can literally tackle him over and pin down. Also his scales have fluid and hard surface but they are thin also. His scales can more easily penetrated with farmer with pitchfork.

bubby

*Squees at Peace and waves!* Welcome, and thanks for wanting to join! The char looks great.

Zaer, yours looks great too, but for the fact I see no weakness. Being ' the weakest dragon in strength' doesn't really count. I need you to come up with a specific weakness please. Check out Peace's char sheet for an example.

Quote from: Drakan on May 09, 2011, 04:46:20 PM
Lol As always I'm late for the party, but i make it none the less.  You thought you could escape me Bubby harhar ehehehehe.  Anycase count me in.

Damn straight I can!

Quote from: Wyrd on May 09, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
Count me in too! :) I'll try to drop in my Bio this week. I'm still trying to decide If I want to make a Slayer, king or a sorcerer. I'm going for an pure evil typr character

Yay! Welcome to my party! At this point, I would prefer if you chose either a Royal or a sorcerer? Evil is perfectly fine of course. We seem to have plenty of dragons and slayers to round that part of the story out ( I know they're the awesomest!)

Quote from: Kaiten on May 09, 2011, 10:42:21 PM
That is one big dragon... (By the way, didn't reply before, but I have changed my verdict to interested due to your reply ^^)

I'm happy you changed your mind! Not sure if you've chosen what you want to play yet, but as I stated above, we need royalty and sorcerers more then slayers and dragons at this point. Could you do that possibly?

ALSO AN IMPORTANT NOTE We need females! At this point there is only me and HOPEFULLY *eyes ofDelusions* one other, and she will be dragon too if she joins. If any of you know of any ladies willing to play either Royalty or sorceress let them know about this game!

ofDelusions

I will join. I am just having hard time to decide which character to make  :D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 03:01:33 AM
Zaer, yours looks great too, but for the fact I see no weakness. Being ' the weakest dragon in strength' doesn't really count. I need you to come up with a specific weakness please. Check out Peace's char sheet for an example.

Ok, edited my charsheet. Is it okay now?

ofDelusions

Name: Sariarda
Type of Character: Red dragon
Appearance:

History: Third largest wyrmling in her nest of dozen eggs, had advantage over most of siblings when it came to fighting for her share of the food, but she was never strong enough to totally lord it over the rest, and she often had to defer to her bigger bothers and sometimes even submit to their whims. Their mother encouraged this infigthing, trusting it to root out her weaker offspring. Sariarda knew that she was strong enough to survive even without being the topdog, but the bullying the other big ones performed irked her, even if she wasn't usually the target. She also knew that she wasn't strong enough to put stop it alone so she started conspiring against them instead. For years she made deals with many of the weaker ones while inciting rivalry between the strong, letting them weaken each other until she and many of the younger ones where able to destroy them one by one.

Their mother was intrigued by this turn of events. She had expected brute strenght to rule in her nest not cunning. Still, letting the weak survive at the expense of the strong went against her wishes and so she drove Sariarda (who was now old enough to survive by herself anyway) away. After that Sariarda has been wandering the land, eating deer and occasional cattle (and a slayer once). She plans on establishing her own hoard and lair soon but she knows she is not strong enough yet. A decade ago she had a battle with the slayer mention above that left her blind in her left eye.

Personality: Like most of her kind, Sariarda is arrogant, but unlike most she is not evil nor does she enjoy tormenting her lessers. She is vengeful though, and can sometimes go for great lengths to have revenge for slight against her or those she might consider friends.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Sariarda is above avarage size for her age and is physically as strong as many of the dragons that are older than her (particularly those of other colors). She is also avarage sorcerer. She usually prefers to attack others with her fiery breath and only engage in close combat once foe is weakened or is clearly weaker than her. She is no coward though, and she has only been cautious in battle after she lost her eye. She prefers to use her magic for defensive spells.

She is extremly proud of her cunning, even if she lacks the experience and brilliant political skills of the older dragons. She is also arrogant enough to believe that she can fool almost everyone else.

Her two greatest weaknesses are her above mentioned arrogance and her blind left eye (also mentioned above). The latter weakness is clear in her dragon form thanks to scar that goes over the eye, but in her human form the eye appears normal, even if it is still blind.

Dragondancer

Mmmm, dragons....another intriguing story idea from the ever-lovely Bubby!

*ponders if she can squeeze another game in*  Well, not sure if I can, but if so, I see all the dragons & slayers are spoken for, so perhaps a princess sorceress with a secret, hmmm...   

Kaiten

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 03:01:33 AM

I'm happy you changed your mind! Not sure if you've chosen what you want to play yet, but as I stated above, we need royalty and sorcerers more then slayers and dragons at this point. Could you do that possibly?

What if I made a dragon, who rebelled, used to slay his own kind for riches, took over a small kingdom and is now royalty? Or something of the like? Sounds silly, but I could pull off a serious bio like that.