Those who do not learn from history...

Started by Oniya, January 27, 2010, 11:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I just heard about this while watching my court shows.  For the record, I would call this stunt imbecilic no matter what group tried to pull it off against another group.  There are only a few things one can do involving a building's phone trunk, and none of them make 'you'T or 'your side' look better than college frat boys during Hell Week.  Most of them make 'you' look a lot worse.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationalpolitics/ci_14271224?obref=obinsite

T'You' and 'your' in this case refer to the mental midgets that thought this was a good idea.  It didn't work for Nixon - it's not going to work now.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

nerdyanddirty

Agreed. I think he wanted to get another break, ACORN wore off and he wanted more.

Would have been interesting to see what he found though.

Oniya

From what I read of the ACORN incident, that was little better than doing a crank call. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

nerdyanddirty

Quote from: Oniya on January 28, 2010, 12:31:46 AM
From what I read of the ACORN incident, that was little better than doing a crank call.

Not really, and regardless of how serious you think it was it had a huge impact-which is what he liked.