Rock and Roll (Band RP, interest check and templates)

Started by Xanthaine, July 29, 2012, 11:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthaine

In 2004, a small band of misfits from New Orleans became an internet sensation, gaining hundreds of thousands of hits on ThemTube (tm) for their first song "Rock-a-Bye" which was a medley of various lullabies with a classic rock sound, reaching a million hits within two months. A year and a bootlegged album publication later and they were signed in LA. Their first real album, "Who are we?" Was a huge hit, their three first singles 'Questions', 'Free man' and 'Fire in his eyes' reaching number one across the world.

Now, five albums, several rehab moments and a comeback tour later, Aces High is back on form, sellout tours across the world and an attitude that has seen a cultural revolution to fruition. Now their latest album is on the shelves '... play on' (the highly anticipated second part of their 2008 album 'If music be the food of love...') and their popularity soars. Now on their most epic tour yet 'The Royal Flush Tour' encompassing every major city in the western world and many more besides. Tickets sold out less than an hour after release, and can now be found on 'EBAG' for up to three grand.

The BAND! (need to fill all positions before allowing any misc chars, feel free to mix and match like I have to save some space.)

lead vocals/rhythm: Xanthaine
Drummer:
Harmonica:
Lead guitar:
Backing vocals:
Bass guitar:
(optional) Keyboards:

Misc chars can be anything from groupies, managers, PR people etc. Only once the band is filled will misc be eligible for a character.

Final note, you don't have to be from Louisiana originally, so long as you were A) there at the age of 16-18 to join the band or B) joined later as a replacement. All negotiable.

Name: Chloe Baudelaire

Sexual orientation: Lesbian

Appearance:

Personality: Chloe is funloving and always up for a party, holding the Aces High record for most times in and out of rehab. She puts on a good bluster, but just so people can't see the insecure teenage girl inside her. She has a completely different stage persona, along the lines of Freddie Mercury and David Bowie, her confidence there outshining her normal personality.

History: Chloe is a Louisiana local of Cajun descent, her mother bringing her up alone in the bayou, eventually moving into New Orleans itself to allow Chloe to get an education. From pretty much her first time on a guitar she clearly had a gift, by the age of eleven she was writing her own music and performing at breaktimes in school. When her mom remarried a blues saxophonist a few months before Chloe's thirteenth birthday, she gave her daughter the best gift she had ever had. Her stepfather, well known in the local blues circuit, started inviting the young girl to play with him. To this day in certain places you can find T-shirts with 'Bon nuite, mon ami!" which she used to say after a set.

When she helped form the band in 2003, she built it on the old values of rock and blues, music with soul. After their big break, she got sucked into the booze, drugs and partying... ending up deeply seated in the band's temporary breakup in 2007. When she cleaned herself up (mostly) she was just as instrumental in the reunion tour as she was in the breakup, allowing the band to power back to the top. Now she spends less time partying to keep herself focused on the soul in her music.

Other notes: Chloe is a well established chef and cook, an advocate of good old fashioned bayou food, gumbo and so on, her Cajun accent is pronounced, her voice often coming out as a soft, seductive purr when away from the stage, where it comes out as more aggressively sexy.

Angel Fire

Name: Angelica Suarez

Stage Name: Codi Storm

Sexuality: Lesbian

Instruments played: Bass Guitar, occassional Keyboards, occassional Backing Vocals (She primarily is the bassist)

Appearance:

Personality:  There are two sides to her personality.  On stage, she is Codi Storm, a wild woman who just can not stand still.  She will play her bass or other instruments with a wild fury.  The only time that she sits still on stage is when she has to sing background vocals or play a keyboard part to a song either on the keyboards itself or on a pedal.  Off stage, she is just herself as Angelica Suarez... a very quiet and shy girl who doesn't want to attract too much attention to herself.  She will naturally sit at the corner trying to find new things for songs or maybe some ideas.  Though she is not a good lyricist, she would be glad to help if someone is stuck on a word of some sort.

Background: Angelica was an outcast for most of her life.  Growing up, she was a military brat but she was born in Santa Cruz, CA.  Moving from base to base, her family finally settled on New Orleans after her father's last assignment at Fort Polk, LA ended and he retired from the Military while she ran away from home.  She was trying to find a way to express herself and live at the same time but it was not until she was 14 when she was spotted playing a guitar outside of a coffee shop in Baton Rouge where the owner of the shop had invited her to join in and play a set.  She was a natural at the guitar but eventually she had found it too constrictive.  She wanted the freedom to play what she wanted but living out on the streets, that proved to be very hard to do.  She struggled to make ends meet until at 17, she was spotted at that same coffee shop by a local musician that was wanting to put together a band.  She reluctantly took a chance at an audition and blew the the band away, eventually joining what would be Bryson's Guild.  The band was more of a cover band of 90's modern rock songs as she had moved over to the bass after finding out that the lead singer also played rhythm guitar but it was not until a transient from the city had introduced her to bands like Dream Theater, Rush and early Metallica that she had she had found her calling.  Angelica started to try to catch onto the local music scene there and pick up pointers from the local musicians... going to most every show and watching the bass player move his fingers along the fretboard.  Eventually, she had come across an inheritance from her father's military retirement that allowed her to get the musical gear that she had needed to fulfill her dream... to be a part of a band where she can use her talents.

Eventually, she had seen an ad in the local New Orleans Newspaper about an up and coming band that was needing a bass player with multiple talents... and decided that it was time to move to the big time.  With a lot of shows in her experience, the local Baton Rouge fans were saddened to see her go but they would always remember Codi Storm... the wild bitch on stage.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

BlueEyedBard

Name: Andre "Rufus" Claywood

Stage Name: Rufus

Sexuality: Straight

Instruments: Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Jaw Harp, Steel Drum

Appearance:

Personality: Rufus is a philosophical sort, both in his music and in person. He spends his time pursuing deep thought and connecting it with his music and musings. During the party he would most likely be found in the "Green Room" leading a strong minded discussion on religion, politics or the meaning of life with his guitar in his lap strumming out a quiet riff. On stage he plays as fast or hard as anyone, never missing a cord and always able to accommodate any change in the music. When he is given the light though he is excited to improvise with whatever feeling is filling at that moment.

Background: Rufus started out his life in the small coastal city of Montego Bay Jamaica, spending his first years looking at the beautiful Caribbean Sea and listening to the young men play their steel drums in the breeze. This was where he first started spending time with musicians as a little kid. He was able to pick up the steel drums fairly quickly but his true creative energy was released when someone put a guitar in his hands. Even at the age of ten he could riff with the others around the fire, some said it was almost like watching a religious man go into a trance and talk to God.

When he turned twelve his parents decided that their would be better financial opportunities for them in the states, so young Andre had to say goodbye to his island paradise home and hello to New Orleans Louisiana. It was a big change of environment and it might have been a lot harder for the young boy to adapt to his new surroundings if not for New Orleans being one of the most musically energized cities on the map. This kind of energy fueled young Andre, he absorbed it like a dam collecting energy from a river and turning it into the electricity that was his music.
As he grew everything was secondary to playing his guitar: school, family even love was put on hold as his playing developed. After years of just playing cocktail and smoking lounges and blues clubs he met Chloe Baudelaire and joined her quest to create a real band.   
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

MzHyde

Courtney "Rabbit" Campbell

Name: Courtney Cambell
Stage Name: Rabbit
Sexuality: Bisexual
Instruments: Drums

Personality: A rocker through an' through, Rabbit loves to party and hang out with her friends and bandmates. If anyone is going to push a couch off a hotel balcony, it's going to be her. And that's sober. She takes her drumming seriously, but all other times she can be sarcastic, lazy, and crude. Her loyalty to the band and her friends knows no bounds. She's a sucker for attractive girls and powerful, muscular men. Rabbit makes it a rule to never sleep alone. With Rufus she loves talking about music or playing just for kicks. She digs partying with Chloe, as the band leader is one of the few that can keep up with her. Angelica she loves teasing and flirting with her - she's cute when she's all shy.

Bio: Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, this is one badass little drummer girl. She grew up in the city and was born with an attitude and a lust for success. School was rough on her. It generally is when you skip most of your classes. Rabbit barely managed to get her GED and decided to skip out on college, figuring she'd try to make herself famous instead. It was rough going at first, the drummer bouncing from failed band to failed band, her talent either unappreciated or squandered on crappy projects that went nowhere. Finally, she managed to land a (real) job in New Orleans and it was there she met Chloe Baudelaire and the two hit it off instantly. She considers the temporary breakup to be partially her fault for perhaps encouraging Chloe to party a bit too much. Now that they're back in action, she's ready to kick ass again.. and she promises not to go too crazy this time.

BlueEyedBard

I hope this one doesn't die before it even starts   :-(
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Xanthaine

Me too! I was really looking forwards to playing a Cajun gal! :-D

Angel Fire

Well... Even though we are missing a harmonica player, I think that the rest of us with our talents can fill out the band quite nicely...

I mean... with Angelica's keyboard talents, she can easily mimic the harmonica sounds on her equipment.  Just a suggestion though *Smiles in hope*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Xanthaine

Angel Fire

I would love to.... think about it. *Blushes happily*

Yaay!  Here we go everyone!

Xanthaine

DRoux

Any chance that you need a roadie under the "Miscellaneous" header yet?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.