Besm 3rd edition(slightly homebrewed) fate stay night game. interested?

Started by Saikotsu, August 02, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

If I can get the Caster spot, the mythological figure that I've got in mind to adapt for my purposes is Semiramis, the Great Queen of Assyria. ^^ I haven't worked out a full point allocation, since I don't know how many points Servants get to be built on, but I know that in terms of Nasuverse stats, she'd have Mystic Face, Divinity, and Expert of Many Specializations, in addition to the Caster class's two class skills of Territory Creation and Item Creation.

She'd be focused primarily on Territory Creation, based on her actual legend, so I'm thinking that I could make use of Attributes like Environmental Influence and maybe have a few others tied in with it, along with taking a couple of different versions of Power Flux to represent a few things.  I'd need Invisibility 2 and Insubstantial 10 to reflect a Servant's ability to astralize, and then I'd probably want Body 5 and both Mind and Soul somewhere in the 8-10 range...

Saikotsu

Well, MelissaArtemis already called Caster, so you'll have to work that out with her, but as far as the system goes, certain attributes would be given for free, such as telepathy and insubstantial.  In the show, it was demonstrated that a servant and master team have at least a basic level of telepathy with one another. I would say that as long as your master/servant could reasonably hear you audibly, they could hear you telepathically. At greater distances than that, you can transmit simple images or concepts.  However, if you want to take higher ranks in those attributes, go right ahead.  For instance, a master or servant trained in mental magecraft would probably have a higher rank in Telepathy. Likewise, an assassin servant would automatically get the undetectable trait applied to all their attacks for free because they're an assassin.

To simplify, because the classes are empty templates that an epic hero fills, each template grants abilities to the epic spirit regardless of what they may or may not have been able to do in life. Epic heroes who had those traits to begin with are often selected for that class as a result. 
Also, for future reference, considering the nature of the game, it might not be a good idea to broadcast your servants identities and abilities. If you want to discuss those aspects, PM me.

And Cmpuncle, you're welcome to have the same servant as before, if you want I'll reserve her for you. Otherwise I'll open up that servant slot for the others.   
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

Yeah I think Berserker and Zane were working pretty well together, so lets go ahead say yes reserve her.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Saikotsu on October 26, 2012, 05:37:43 PM
Likewise, an assassin servant would automatically get the undetectable trait applied to all their attacks for free because they're an assassin.

I'm good with Servants getting the generic Servant abilities, like astralizing and such, for free, but tossing in class abilities for free seems like something that would lead to balance problems to me. ^^;

Saikotsu

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, the great balancing factor is the master.  You can have an incredibly powerful servant that is nigh unbeatable, but their master generally ISN'T. It's why most servants target the master if they can. Anyway, the class system is a template. Once a class is filled, the epic hero will change the base stats. If you feel your servant doesn't warrant certain bonuses from that class, their stats should reflect that. Likewise if it should be higher based on their legend.

Since many of you want to play as a servant, I suggest you up the character points available from 150 to 250. 
- a friend

Kunoichi

Assuming the book's listing of point totals and how they map to power levels in character creation is accurate, I think we might need at least twice that number to accurately model Servants. ^^; I don't have any experience with the system, though, so I'll try creating a character first.

...You mentioned earlier that you were going to put up a character sheet template?

MelisaArtemis

Hmm.... I'll see if I can ask a certain someone I know to play a master character, though he will be my character's master though :)

Kunoichi

Saikotsu

So that means we have an assassin, a caster, and a berserker, and possibly two masters. 

Quote from: Kunoichi on October 26, 2012, 09:54:36 PM
Assuming the book's listing of point totals and how they map to power levels in character creation is accurate, I think we might need at least twice that number to accurately model Servants. ^^; I don't have any experience with the system, though, so I'll try creating a character first.

...You mentioned earlier that you were going to put up a character sheet template?
Yes, I kinda got diverted from that. It should be up shortly. As for point totals, the book assumes you'll be spending ten points per rank in Mind/Body/Soul, which would be the usual cost. As I mentioned earlier this is somewhat homebrewed, I've instituted some house rules, simply because that's how my GM always did it. 
Namely, DURING CHARACTER CREATION, to raise your Mind/Body/Soul rank up to level six only costs 1cp/rank.  Rank 7 costs 10 points, 8 costs 20, 9 costs 40 and so on, all the way up to rank 12. After a character is created, it costs 10 to raise a stat by 1 point, following the progression mentioned previously.  Rank 4 is roughly an average human.  Normally, to have an average human would cost 120 points. Under house rules, it only costs 12.  That frees up a lot of points that can go toward making your character much stronger.
As for a character sheet, I'm working on it at this moment.
- a friend

Saikotsu

Character Sheet:
Name(if master)/Class(if servant):
Description/picture:

In the spirit of concealing your characters abilities from the other players, you should PM me the next section

Ability/Defect/skillRankCostNotes
- a friend

MelisaArtemis

Oh, I forgot to ask something. Is it okay if I use a certain character already existing in another Fate game but changing everything about her to make it original instead?

Saikotsu

well, if you're changing everything about her, then she's not really the other character is she?  Who are we talking about? A character from another game like another RP, or a character from something like hollow ataraxi or whatnot?
- a friend

MelisaArtemis

A certain fox girl From Fate/Extra :P though I'm changing her picture, history, even abilities. all I'm taking is her name... well, I'll be keeping a little of her history actually XD

AndyZ

I think I'm going to drop.  No offense to anyone, but I haven't even finished Fate/Stay Night yet, let alone any of the others, and I'm already picking up more hints than I want just by dint of how things are going.  Good luck finding people.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MelisaArtemis

Name(if master)/Class(if servant): Servant Caster
Description/picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
B/W/H: 36B/40 kg (88 pounds)/146cm (4' 9).
Physical Feature: Long straight sunny blonde hair reaching down to just above her butt, Crystal blue eyes with slitted iris, milky white skin, slender build. Has fox ears on top of her head and 9 fox tails with white tip extending from her tailbone. Otherwise, she looks rather human.

I'll PM you with her abilities soon Saikotsu.

cmpuncle

and heres my guy straight from before.

Name: Zane Fortune
HP: 80
MP: 60
Background: Zane was at first a simple kid going to school like anyone else until he was attacked one night at the age of 17 by a Dead Apostle while on his way home.  His parents had never really been around since he grew old enough to take care of himself.  As such they had no idea of what had happened.  However they had furnished him a place of his own and gave him access to funds he needed for groceries and such.  After the attack Zane was barely able to pull himself home after which he spent an agonizing night going through the transformation.  His home situation worked out very well, since no one ever came by to visit, and his parents never called to check on him.  Luckily his will was able to hold himself together well enough to skip becoming a Ghoul, however it took him 5 long years to strengthen his body enough to become a full fledged vampire.  During this time many local animals seemed to get rather weak, but he was able to resist killing them or doing enough damage that any but the most detail oriented person would think something odd was going on.  Once he fully transformed his body reverted to his appearance before he was attacked.  While he was constantly assaulted by the Apostle's call to provide it with blood, he took every moment that he was not gathering blood for his master and used it to train his mind and body.  After three years of servitude and independent practice he finally gained his own freedom, breaking free of his masters control.  While he still heard the call he could now ignore it for the first time in years.  He continued to nourish his new existence while avoiding drawing attention to himself, by going out into the forest to feed on animals, as he wanted to avoid feeding on humans if he could help it, however he knows that eventually it will be necessary to do so, and when it finally comes to that he hopes to have a willing donor if at all possible.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/26a7b44be61f90c743d867ec8c8e675e/http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/firesburnwithin/anime-vampire.jpg

Mind:8
Body:10
Soul:4

Attributes:
Alternate Form (Beastial) Rank 1
Environmental Influence(Darkness/Shade) Rank 2
Illusion Rank 6
Jumping Rank 4
Land Speed Rank 3
Mind Control (Mainly non-sentients, some weak minded sentients) Rank 1
Mind Shield Rank 6
Regeneration (Vampiric) Rank 2
Telepathy (Conscious thought) Rank 1
Tough Rank 2

Defects:
Bane (Sunlight) 30/round
Bane (Water) 30/round
Involuntary Change (Full Moon)
Vampirism (Rank 2)
Special Requirement (Blood) Rank 1
Marked Rank 2
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Kunoichi

BlackLightning

Kunoichi

BlackLightning

yeah, sorry for that. I accidentally clicked the post button. She called me here and well... Fate Stay Night is an awesome series at the first place so I don't see a reason why I shouldn't join in.

My character is as follows:

Name: Ryuuji Sagara
Description / Picture:
On his back, he has a tatoo of a black dragon
Height / Weight: 5' 9 / 161 pounds
Background:
Ryuuji is the sole heir of an old exorcist magus family which possess the ability to wield elements to kill demons terrorizing humans. Though most of the members tend to possess one element, once in a while there are those who are exceptionally talented and able to wield more than one element, called the sub-element though the elements tend to be of friendly nature with their own element. Still, Ryuuji himself is considered as a prodigy as he possessor of not just two but three elements, making him very powerful by magus standard. His family's magic specialize in using their magic in conjunction with a weapon of choice whether it be a sword, a bow, an axe or even a gun. In his case, he choose to wield a pair of custom-made katana created of magic metal which allows them to be not just extremely light but also sharp enough to cut steel clean in two.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I'm starting to think I might want to get someone to play my character's Master. ^^; Anybody want to be the Master of Assassin?  I've got a foolproof plan for winning the Grail War...

Saikotsu

I can easily make an NPC master too.  In fact, I should probably make the McFarlane, McLeod, and Einzbern master.
- a friend

Kunoichi

True.  And in the meantime, I'm nearly done with my character sheet. ^^ Just need to run a few things by you via PMs

Saikotsu

Go right ahead. I'll be up for another half hour probably, so I might be able to take a look.
- a friend