Started by Lyron, June 02, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CShades

Libel!

Defamation!!

Slander!!!

>.>

<.<

Leonora has absolutely no idea what this is you speak of. But please, by all means do visit her office should you have any type of questions or concerns about the PsyD and its staff so that they can be addressed appropriately and swiftly, in a timely fashion. <3 <3 <3

:D :D :D  O:) O:) O:) O:) >:) O:) O:) O:) O:)

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Ambrosine LeFebvre

Momo certainly doesn't mind. She may end up going through a bit of a... phase  >:)
My O/O's

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before

Kye

Remember.  Cameron's office is always open for those needing a little bit of extra therapy.

Ambrosine LeFebvre

My O/O's

Sirian Eve

*Blink*

Shonni: Damn Mo....you have it hard for old guys...

Ambrosine LeFebvre

That’s no ones business but mine and theirs, don’t ya think Shonni?  ;)
My O/O's

Sirian Eve

Nico

~snickers at Shonni and Momo~

I hear Gabriel. ~laughs~

"Oh please, for heavens sake. We all have our little obsessions."

RedPhoenix

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 04, 2018, 01:52:19 PM
How far behind would someone be if they were interested in joining?  Like, a ton to read and get caught up on to get started?

Wanted to answer this as I just joined and can give perspective.

There is a lot of activity, so if you feel the need to know everything that has happened in every thread then yes it will take a lot of time to catch up.

However, you don't need to do that at all, because this isn't the sort of setup where everyone needs to know everything that's happening.

It's very easy to just jump in with very little frame of reference other than "classes are just starting." There's a few bigger social scenes but you could probably just walk into them and it would make sense for your character not to really know what had already happened. And I'm having some good luck finding connections as stuff is still sort of up in the air and people haven't settled on very much. We have professors and students alike looking for people to write with, lots of old and new faces.

I'd say it's still a great time to jump in. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Nico

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 04, 2018, 01:52:19 PM
How far behind would someone be if they were interested in joining?  Like, a ton to read and get caught up on to get started?

See it this way:

If your character is not present, they wouldn't know what happened. Catching up isn't really required because, if anything, it would be for you, OOC. But nothing that would effect IC.

That is how I see it. :-) My character is not present, they wouldn't know what went down.

Vael the Destroyer

Oh lawd, there is so much interest here.

I was actually quite interested in a Collegiate setting and I'm glad to see that there something for me here.

Definitely throwing some serious interest up in hurrrrr.

Amaris

Sirian Eve

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Vael the Destroyer

Lyron

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Nico

Quote from: Symphonic on July 09, 2018, 04:50:20 PM
Oh lawd, there is so much interest here.

I was actually quite interested in a Collegiate setting and I'm glad to see that there something for me here.

Definitely throwing some serious interest up in hurrrrr.

Welcome! :-)

Kye

Vael the Destroyer

Thank you all for being so welcoming!

I'll give you a little sneak peek of what I'm going to be working on for this lovely setting.

Rael "Rae" Lucas Hammond

Sirian Eve

Vael the Destroyer

He can definitely be troublesome to those who have secrets they wish to hide. Rael bows to the god of truth.

If anyone is in need of a roommate, I’m sure he won’t be able to live alone.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Symphonic on July 10, 2018, 02:45:12 PM
He can definitely be troublesome to those who have secrets they wish to hide. Rael bows to the god of truth.

If anyone is in need of a roommate, I’m sure he won’t be able to live alone.

This right here is Shonni's national anthem.

Eye of Horus

*Sets down a cardboard holder of coffees* I understand that that's the done thing here...

I've had a couple of your wonderful players pestering me to make a character for a while now, and I've finally gone and done it: my concept was a photography enthusiast who could get roped into sleuthing by the likes of Shonni, or accidentally capture a scandal or two while snapping photos for the university blog.

Here's my first draft - please let me know if this is along the right lines or if you'd like to see any changes!

Character
Matthew Bedinger

Nicknames: Matty
Birthday: August 8th
Sex: Cismale
Sexual Orientation: Straight. He’s occasionally wondered how he might handle a MMF threesome but that would, you know, require him to know someone who wants a threesome.
Year: Sophomore
Major: Photography
Residence: Sunset Apartments. He was lucky and managed to score a single room.

Face Claim: Chris Massoglia
Hair Color: Mousey brown
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5’10. He’s still annoyed at having not grown more than a couple of inches since his mid teens.
Distinguishing Marks: Less scrawny than he was as a teen, but still hardly built. Acne scars on his forehead, which he habitually covers with his fringe. Usually dressed for comfort rather than style, with hoodies and jeans his go-to and collared plaid shirts about the limit of his party-wear. Often has his Canon 1200D somewhere about his person - and even if not, he has been known to stop and take photos on his phone in the middle of a conversation.

Personality: Matty is an introvert at heart, comfortable on his own though not to the point of being a recluse. He is an observant and emotionally-aware (occasionally too emotionally-aware, if he’s left to sit and overthink things) young man, who feels more comfortable in small groups of people he trusts, rather than big parties - even then he'll mostly listen, perhaps interjecting with the occasional joke. One-on-one he can be a lot more engaged, and can get into deep conversations about almost anything.

He laughs easily, though sometimes it's just nerves, and although he’s more confident than he was as a teenager he still doesn't deal well with conflict - sometimes making excuses to avoid it even if it's not the best option. Perhaps unfortunately, he is a reasonably gifted liar, and so under pressure he is sometimes prone to bending the truth rather than hurt somebody's feelings. However, when something crosses one of his moral red lines (such as hurting a close friend), he will stand up to it.

Bio: Matty is the eldest of three siblings, with two years separating him from his middle sister Jessie and three from his youngest Danielle. He readily takes advantage of the fact that they fight with each other rather than him ("Dani stole my top again!") and mostly leaves them to their own devices unless they specifically come to him. That said, he sometime feels guilty for not taking on the "protective big brother" role more.

Whether it's growing up with two sisters or just not having many stereotypically male interests, Matty has always felt more comfortable around girls than boys. Aside from a few close friends he mostly sat on the periphery at school - generally neither bullied nor invited to the cool kids’ house parties. He continued this trend through his year at community college (attempting to cut down some of the time paying sky-high university tuition fees) and to an extent through his first year at Baymont, though he has come out of his shell a little since. He has a long-distance girlfriend, Kirsty, who he phones regularly while at uni, though the separation is beginning to wear on him.

Matty has a good eye for pictures, and ever since he got a camera phone he has a habit of stopping to take photos of everything. He finally got a professional camera for his 18th birthday, and has been making liberal use of it both inside and outside his course. He has an extensive library of landscapes and slice-of-life photos backed up on his laptop, and quite a few more that often find their way onto the Baymont student newspaper and various blogs.

• Photo editing
  • Camping
  • One-on-one conversations
  • Coffee with sugar...lots of sugar
  • Any film with cool cinematography
  • Stand-up comedy (watches on Youtube)
  • Slam poetry (watches on Youtube)

Dislikes:

• Early mornings (though he would love to take a decent sunrise photo)
  • Cooking (he’s getting better at it, but it’s still a nuisance)
  • Not feeling clean (to the point that he’ll sometimes take two showers in a day)
  • Conflicts that he can’t resolve
  • Pineapple - that shit ruins a pizza

Extracurriculars:

• Gay Straight Alliance - once he heard Baymont had one it seemed like the right thing to do
  • University news and blogs - occasionally submits photos; also does commissions for students on request
  • Boy Scouts - he quit before starting college, but he still loves to camp

Desired Plots: Taking “student life” photos that accidentally lead to capturing scandals. Possible casual acquaintance of the dead woman Abby and working with Shonni (either as a recruit or by accident) to solve the mystery. Conflict between his long-distance girlfriend and his new friends at Baymont. Screwing something up due to cowardice / selfishness and then growing as a person to try and fix it.

Additional Details:

• Can drive, but doesn’t currently own a car
  • Works part time at an off-campus cafe called Spoon, which does most of its trade in hangover breakfasts for Baymont students

This will be an interesting challenge for me, since I'm used to writing "cerebral" characters rather than "emotional" ones...

Lyron

*Snickers* You'll cause a stampede setting those in here. XD

He seems like he'll be a fun addition! If you are ready to do so, feel free to post him in the characters thread.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.