YouTube crashing Anybody else having this problem

Started by zemo8801, March 19, 2014, 06:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zemo8801

Was working fine threw out the day but suddenly it just crashes on start up an I have my phone an app up to date so I was just thinking maybe it's on the other end but was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. 
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Nico

The YouTube app crashes quite frequently on my phone. I really don't know why. I tried to deinstall and re-install it, and it is still crashing now and then. Usually, restarting it solves the problem for me.

zemo8801

I did even uninstalled it and it still doing it so I might just let it sit on its on for a few days it seems to be running smooth on my d's minus the pixel count. 
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Nico

If I might ask - what phone do you have? Maybe I have the same and it's a phone issue?

zemo8801

Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Nico

~nods~ Yes, I have the S4 as well. It's running smoothly, aside from the YouTube issue. Maybe it really is a hardware thing. But, I did ask someone in the Samsung store, and they didn't know about it. Meh. I wish I could help.

zemo8801

True like if you run it off the Web mobile it runs but if you try off the app it does nothing so I just thought I ask around on here since I think that is the only answer left
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Nico

All the more reason to get the new Samsung once it's out!

But maybe someone else knows whats wrong with that. Good luck!

zemo8801

Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Jag

Don't know what kind of Youtube app you have, but I know Youtube themselves do not have an official app. I also know that on the kindled lately, we have been having issues with both Youtube on the browser and in all of the third-party apps for it. Apparently, Youtube did an update recently that isn't playing nice with mobile devices and apps.

The app I have for it crashes at least once a day. I have to force stop it or restart my device.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

zemo8801

The application I have is part of Google+ but thanks for the info 
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Jag

No problem. Youtube doesn't play well with mobile devices no matter where you get the app. I think they prefer people to use their mobile browser.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

zemo8801

Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas