A Humble Request for Adventure

Started by IronQuill, September 29, 2017, 02:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronQuill

”The nostalgia of things unknown, of lands forgotten or unfound, is upon me at times. Often I long for the gleam of yellow suns upon terraces of translucent azure marble, mocking the windless waters of lakes unfathomably calm; for lost, legendary palaces of serpentine, silver and ebony, whose columns are green stalactites; for the pillars of fallen temples, standing in the vast puerperal sunset of a land of lost and marvelous romance. I sigh for the strange and hidden cities of the desert, with burning brazen domes and slender pinnacles of gold and copper, that pierce a heaven of heated lazuli.”

— Clark Ashton Smith: Nostalgia of the Unknown

Greetings, I am IronQuill. A recent arrival to Elliquiy and somewhat new participant in erotic roleplay. For those who wish to know, I have been an avid freeform roleplayer for close to six years now and I wish to experience something new in the world of roleplay.

Now I have had a few ideas of what kind of RP I wish to collaborate on with the good folks of Elliquiy, some of them I would be too afraid to share with the other communities I am a part of. But before I go into that, I wish to share some of my tendencies and expectations. So that there is little confusion between myself and others.

1 - First of all, I am someone who enjoys a good story, one that invokes thought and fuels the imagination; Robert E Howard, Glen Cook, and Dan Abnett have been key influences on my writing style. And I do like to think I am a decent writer. Not verbose as my constituents in other communities, but I like to think myself as succinct. And admittedly a little prone to waxing poetic.

To that effect, I ask potential partners to put good effort into their posts. I am certainly not expecting the next great American novel from you, but a couple paragraphs at a time would be most excellent.

2 - Second, I am not a frequent poster. My daily routine is consumed with work and social obligations, with much of my time for hobbies confined to the evenings and late hours of the night. I will try my best to notify my partners should I be gone for extended absences.

3 - Third, I am not a man of many tastes as it were. I mean, I would be lying if my tastes were entirely vanilla, but know that I might squirm in some scenarios where erotica is concerned. So communication and patience is what I ask. Tell me what you desire for adult scenarios and I will try my best to accommodate.

Although I do have one kink I've always wanted to indulge. I don't know if there is a name to it, but the closest word I can put to it is... "Grooming a champion?" or "Queen making?"

I always wanted to roleplay a story where a older mentor grooms his younger charge, usually a girl, into something great. Be it a master of ludus training a gladiatrix to become the world's mightiest duelist, a veteran adventurer bonding with his apprentice as they go from peril to peril, teaching her and preparing her for her own adventures, or a grand vizier, with his silver tongue, quietly manipulating a princess, grooming her into a Queen that he can control. Every aspect of the younger charge is managed by the mentor, so that they are made into the mentor's chosen image.

I don't know where I got this desire, but it certainly helps me enjoy many RPGs where I can manage the many details of heroes I control. Darkest Dungeon and the Shadowrun videogames are the most immediate examples of how I indulge this kink.

3.5 - Adding to this, and maybe an unpopular opinion, but I am not too fond of using images and portraits for describing characters, particularly pictures of actual people. It sends a small chill down my spine at the thought of using an actual person's photo in a fantastical context. Illustrations I feel considerably less spooked with, but I honestly prefer using literary imagery to describe my character's appearance. It helps keep my writing sharp.

4 - Fourth, I like smut, that much can be certain, but I like a good story more. My expectations for a story I'd roleplay with a partner would be that there be a balance between the story and smut. I wish for the story to stand on its own merits rather than be a vehicle between erotic scenes.

5 - Finally, I maybe a male and straight as a rail, I do enjoy writing as female characters as much as I would enjoy writing characters of my own gender. The question of if I can play a convincing female character is something I struggle with plenty of times, but let's not worry about that now. Know that I don't mind what gender of any potential RP partner is, I only look for literary ability and patience towards my own short comings. That said, I prefer M x F or F x F stories, I won't do M x M.

Miscellaneous info

My timezone is UTC -8, or PST

You can find my O/Os here, though truth be told it's quite sparse. I have never displayed my own kinks in a "systematized" fashion. Hell, I'm not completely sure of what kinks I have.

Thus far, these are all the ideas I have, I will update as my muse strikes me. Most of my RPs come from the same world and continuity, more information on the lore of said world can be found here, in my (admittedly, forever) WIP World Build thread.

Currently not pursuing The Spoils of War (Late Medieval Fantasy - Dom/Sub, M x F, Master/Apprentice(?))

The War between the Jewel Cities and the Khassinid Empire is reaching its zenith as legions of men butcher each other along golden shores of the continent in the name of crown and country. The flash and fury of gunpowder slowly usurps the tempered blade as master of the battlefield, as arquebus wielding Khassinid Yeniceris cut down Jeweled knights clad in polished steel in a haze of smoke and gunshot. But even in this world of evolving technologies and tactics, some ancient traditions of war remain. The greatest of which is root to our story: Spoils of War.

Treasure, salvage, slaves, plunder. No matter how noble a cause an army fights for, it does not stop common soldiers nor landed knights from taking what they want from the weak and defeated. YC is such plunder, a young woman captured in wake of a disastrous rout of a local army from an invading force. Perhaps she was a soldier who caught by the invaders in the retreat, or maybe a camp follower who surrendered when mounted warriors razed the camp, or just some poor girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. YC could have been anyone. But who ever she was, she is nothing now. Just a slave to serve at the pleasure of MC, an infamous mercenary captain in service to the invaders, a man of dark tastes and fickle character.

Anything beyond the basic premise I gave, such as which kinks will be explored or the tone of the story, can be discussed with me. This is fairly open ended so that it can remain flexible.

Premise Inspiration
The Captain

His thrall

His Lieutenant

Pawnborn (High Fantasy/Dark Ages, Dom/Sub, M/F x F)

Skin pale as eastern porcelain, silken hair as black as the deepest night, and the schlera of the eyes just as dark, nearly devoid of that spark of light that compels men to live. Such can be described of all Pawnborn, they who are born from domain of the Red Queen. In her centuries long bid to conquer the continent, the vampiric mistress of the far north enslaved the northern savage tribes to her will, and with her fell magic molded them, bred them, raised them into a singular, perfect slave race. They were her thralls, mining mountains clean of their treasures; her soldiers, fighting as one as her endless legions; her source of power, as she drained their blood to fuel her dark powers.

But now the Red Queen is dead, slain by a band of adventurers sworn to stop her war against the living. Now her Pawns are without their Queen, left to wander or starve where they stand. The Kingdoms who suffered under her terror now carve up her domain like vultures, taking in her former slaves to serve them. Most Pawns don't even realize the change in their lives, obeying orders like normal. But there are those who develop a sense of self, however dim it may be, wandering the realms and trying to make sense of the world around them.

Once such Pawn is often found walking the opulent boulevards leading to a city wreathed in splendor. She is girdled in red silk and steel chains, a blindfold bearing the sanguine cyclopean heraldry of the Red Queen lashed to her face. Though blinded, she walks as if nothing impedes her sight, and there is a fell mein to her, like as if she carried a fraction of the Red Queen’s power. No one knows why she is here, but frankly no one cares. The Red Queen is dead, her power irreversibly broken. What is one wayward Pawn to the victorious, righteous many?

But for whatever reason, for whatever purpose, YC took interest in this ethereal, mind flayed Pawn. She obeys the strong will they impress upon her, for she knows nothing else but obedience.

In summary: Something of a plot experiment influenced heavily by one of most favorite video games, Dragon's Dogma, as I have never written a roleplay/story to this exact premise. Open ended much like the previous plot premise as to maintain flexibility for partner contribution.

Premise Inspiration

Premise Inspiration

Premise Inspiration

Not currently pursuing The Last Hurrah of the Amazons (Low Fantasy, Themes of War and the Changing of Eras, ultra-violence, and bikini armor)

For a millenia, the Amazons queendoms of the Heran savannah knew themselves to be exemplars of battle and honor, unmatched in their prowess and eternally proud of their traditions. But a millenia is still an impossibly long time for anything to endure, and the age and obseletion of the Amazons is starting to show. In the turning of the century, great powers have risen, superceding the military might of the ancient Queendoms by orders of magnitude unimagined. To the east, the Khassinid Empire raises the first true professional armies; to the west and south, the Myahyr nomads gather in a great host to reclaim their homeland of the Silver Coast from the Elves, and in the north the Jewel Cities of the Golden Coast slowly abandon the sword and horse for musket and pike. And yet the Amazons have not changed, too stuck in their timedeep traditions, too proud to change. Until now.

Rather than allow the march of time fade away the Amazons and their legacy, the mighty warrior women declared their alliance for the exiled Kingdom of Myahyr, marching by the nomads’ side in their bid to reclaim their homeland from the fearsome race of elvenkind. This would be the Last Hurrah of the Amazons, proving to the world  once more that within the Daughters of War still beat the hearts of fire and steel. But would it be so, in a world that has long since moved on from Antiquity? Where the tempered blade plays second to the bursting musket? Will the Amazons keep up with the Myahyr nomads in their war against the Elves, where gunshot will be tested against wild and unnatural magics?

In summary: Inspired by art and illustrations of Moorish cultures and that of ancient Greek mythos., as well as art from a certain Mount and Blade mod. While this has the makings of High Adventure with bikini armored amazons fighting wicked elves, I would like to write out this story on a more sober, introspective note. Our characters, perhaps, being two proud amazons playing their part on a greater stage, traveling a world that has long since forgot them, fighting a war that they have no right to fight. Or perhaps one characters is an Amazon and the other is a Myahyr nomad or foreign mercenary, who have lived two very different lives but are two of a soul, and through their interactions glimpse into the world of the other. One is time deep and rich in tradition, the other honoring their own past by ever marching towards the future.

They who will mark their place in history for a final time.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

They who will reclaim their home and history.

Not currently pursuing Upon the Shores of the Damidora - (Non-erotica, War and Intrigue, and perhaps Drama and Romance)

The sun rises on Damidora, the cradle of mankind. In the east on the shores of Damidora's mightiest island she watches the dread fleet that comes for her land, knowing that man who commands them would stop at nothing to conquer the homeland. And so the DamidoraShah prepares her people for war.

In the west, on the horizon with a hundred galleys and quinqueremes, he gazes upon the glimmering islands of Damidora from his flagship, taking in its beauty. He sees the great fortresses that would challenge his house and its Manifest Destiny. His was the House of Khassin, and he its Sultan.

Once upon time, they were young and in love, just a prince and princess who thought themselves two of a soul. But Fate decreed their paths would diverge and they would take on duties and powers that would irreversibly change them. She would become Shah to the Heart of Man's World, devoting heart and soul to the preservation of her people and their legacy, defending her islands against mankind's enemies. He would become Sultan to Man's greatest empire, expanding the borders of his nation from sunrise to sunset. His was a House ruled by tigers, and his ambitions knew no bounds.

And now these once star-crossed lovers go to war, barely able to recognize the other as the bright eyed youth they loved many years ago.

In summary: Both of us shall play the part as two of the most powerful monarchs in the known world, reflecting on their shared past whilst preparing to undermine the other.

Visual Inspiration

Not currently pursuing - Dark were her eyes, like a Shark's eye (Action-Adventure/Horror, M/F x F)

The crew whisper it through the ship, their fear and trepidation palpable.

"We should have never returned her to the sea..."

They say that every passing day, every passing hour, every passing minute. They knew the prophecy as well as any sea dog would. To return the blood of the Dread Marine La Costa to the sea would incite the greatest of powers from slumber.

A fool they would call their captain, cursing their hubris and ambition, and their confidence in lesser witchcrafts. A year's time was paid to find someone who shared the blood of that long gone but legendary pirate king, whose storming breaking sorcery brought him influence and power beyond Man's humble reckoning. And in a year's time paid, they found one with his blood, his daughter. Just a girl coming into womanhood when the Captain ordered her taken from her home, and a year's time was paid to have her spirit broken and bound to the will of the Captain. Enchanted chains, tattoos marked with curses, the depraved savagery of mortal men; all manner of torture was used to turn the once unknown daughter of the great Dread Marine La Costa into an obedient, mind flayed slave, and through this obedience did the Captain believe they could harness the power of that once mighty witchman of the seas.

Amusing how hubris is the downfall of all great things. The moment Captain and Crew tossed the girl into the rocky and stormy sea to awaken the power of the Dread Marine, the sea went calm and the storm dispersed, revealing the night sky, and the girl and her chains sunk deep into the waters. When she emerged from the dark sea it was as if a demon floated up from hell. Half lidded eyes as black as a shark's, her sun kissed skin now pale as a dead man's, the scars left by evil devices gone. The dire prophecy was true indeed, and awoken in the girl is the same power that gave the Dread Marine his legend. And now she uses that power to avenge herself in the suffering of the captain and crew. She cannot be destroyed, she cannot be thwarted, for within her blackened soul is the wisdom and wrath of all those souls lost to sea. She is the Seas’ new Goddess of Darkness, and the oceans and all its hateful creatures. Where the Dread Marine was mortal, she is immortal. She will have her revenge, and it will come in the slow and quiet ruination of those who thought to control her.

In summary: Both of us will play the part of the Goddess and the Captain, who is who can be up for negotiation. I will admit, this will be my first foray into writing a horror type story; an slow burn exploration into what it means for a villain to slowly break under the constant torment of an even greater villain.

CRAVING In those Ancient Days: Seeking a DM for Sword and Sorcery Adventure! (Robert E. Howard-esque perils, scanty clothes, bikini armors, and high adventure!)

Impossible were the days of the Old Kingdoms, when Man finally understood his place in the world. When Fire and Earth finally relented their most important secrets to Him, and gave him the means to forge metal, and cutting stone to build great architecture. When the Wind and Water allowed Man passage across them, with oars gripping the sea and sails trapping the gale. Where there will be endless desert is still verdant green as far as the eye can see, and primordial beasts of epic and impossible size still roamed the earth. When Man first straddled that great eternal struggle of Order against Chaos, of Civilization against Barbarity. Those ancient days will never compare to what will come in the far flung future, but even then they still retain their mystique. What adventures have been had, what perils were faced and overcome. No one can truly say, but perhaps that is why people dream of an Age of undreamed of.

Perhaps you'll join in me dreaming this Age Undreamed Of.

In summary: Will lewd for a solo-GM? But seriously, I’m on the lookout for someone willing to GM an adventure in a world of sword and sorcery, where the kingdoms are ancient and thrive in great, cyclopean cities, and the wilderness still breath with raw primordial magics; deadly cults sacrifice virgin blood to dark gods, and brutal warriors enact feats of incredible and bloody heroism.

I got inspired to do this kind of roleplay after finding the coolest pictures I found so far, and I’m craving to put any of these cool gals through a high adventure! I know it’s asking a lot for someone else to take on the majority stake in a roleplay, but I would be very grateful if someone were to pick this up!

If you haven't noticed
I've been on quite
A Conan the Barbarian Kick
I'm just in love
With the whole concept
It has a certain mystique

If you're interested in what I have to offer, please PM me so we can hash out the details. Or if you have idea for an adventure that you think I maybe a good partner for, don't hesitate to contact me about it, I'm confident I'll be open to any idea you offer.

Please and thank you, Elliquiy!
"Gleaming shell of an outworn lie;  fable of Right divine -
You gained your crown by heritage,
but Blood was the price of mine.
The throne that I won by blood and sweat,
By Crom I will not sell!
For promise of valleys filled with gold, or threat of the Halls of Hell!" - The Road of Kings
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Updated, with a new Plot Idea - Pawnborn

Have a good day, Elliquiy.
By Crom I will not sell!
For promise of valleys filled with gold, or threat of the Halls of Hell!" - The Road of Kings
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Updated, with a new Plot Idea - Last Hurrah of the Amazons

By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Updated, with a new Plot Idea, as well as a few WIP plots and sprucing up the Main Post - Dark were her eyes, like a Shark's eye

By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Bump.

Happy Holidays and a wonderful winter to you, E~!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Bumpo Bumpo Bumpato!

Have a most excellent day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Bippity Boppity Bump!

Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Bump.... Uh... Bumpy? Yeah I got nothing.

Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

BUMPS FOR THE BUMP GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

BUMPS FOR THE BUMP THRONE-no wait, that sounds dirty.

Have a Good Day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Updated with a new Roleplay Idea/Advert - Seeking a GM for Sword and Sorcery Adventure!

Recently came into some more free time, and I'm really hoping to make the most of it with starting a new RP with a new awesome partner!

Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Monthly Bump and also spruced up my latest RP idea, now with more fluff!

Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Monthly bump! Looking for at least one more RP project to collaborate with someone!

Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Bump! Yeet! And other such trendy exclamations! Looking for at least one more project to collaborate with someone! Don't be afraid to pitch your own ideas to me, I love to hear from you all!

Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

Tis the season for BUMP! On the lookout for at least one more roleplay to collaborate with someone! Don’t afraid to pitch your own ideas to me, I’m sure I’ll love it!

Have a lovely Holiday Season, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

TIS THE NEW YEAR! AND I HERALD IT FORTH WITH A THREAD BUMP!

This month I'm looking for one partner to collaborate with one of the plot ideas listed above, but don't be afraid to share with me any of your ideas! Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

A Bump for a Valentine?

Once again, this month I'm looking for one partner to collaborate with one of the plot ideas listed above, but don't be afraid to share with me any of your ideas! Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

A Bump to hopefully herald forth spring~?

Second verse same as the first, I'm looking for one partner to collaborate with one of the plot ideas listed above, but don't be afraid to share with me any of your ideas! Have a great day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

It’s the Bump of Fools!

Looking for a partner to collaborate on at least one of the plot ideas above, but don’t be afraid to to share with me any of your ideas! Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

The Bump of Summer is upon us!

Looking for a partner to collaborate on at least one of the plot ideas above, and is patient enough to deal with sporadic contact from my end as my summer agenda fluctuates almost daily. Don’t be afraid to to share with me any of your ideas! Have a lovely day, E! ,
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

SUMMER 'S DEATH IS UPON THE HORIZON, LONG LIVE AUTUMN! Also, bump.

Life had drained me considerably with a parade of shenanigans irl, so I'm hoping I can unwind with good old RP. Currently looking for just a partner or two, and one who's willing to forgive my sporadic posting pace. Don't be afraid to share you ideas with me, I'm sure I'll love it.
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

BUMPSGIVING IS NIGH! Wow that sounds dirty! Putting out a call for my Sword and Sorcery ad. But don't be afraid to share with me your ideas!

Currently looking for just a partner or two, and one who's willing to forgive my sporadic posting pace. Have a lovely day, E!
By Crom I will not sell!
My Ideas and Requests