To Hell and Back (Fantasy, Closed)

Started by ZanaLyrander, January 04, 2013, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincelyPup

Its not like she took over your palacE and began controlling your army hun.

Pretty in Pink

It's not that she went on a killing spree that bothers me.  You are correct that they're just nameless fodder.  However, the guards KNEW she wasn't in the city.  They would have IMMEDIATELY attacked Lucy as an impostor, appearing to be the queen or no, or at least attempted to restrain her.  They wouldn't have just blindly turned and started following orders.  That's what I'm trying to say.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

PrincelyPup

No they wouldn't. I'm a stress situation where the city us under attack each guard is scared they are next...these could be young boots granny signed up or battle hardened generals who knows but they certainly would not attack their queen immediately....what if it was her tha t some magic just teleported her home? huh? What if she was knocked out and the one who left was the imposter? They wouldn't know its their QUEEN they wouldn't attack or st least hesitate enough for the kills I got.

Pretty in Pink

I'll let it go with them being brand new raw recruits.  As such, they wouldn't know to feel for the aura that she ALWAYS has active.

Hellis

Working on a post. Sorry for somewhat inactive. I work long hours atm.

PrincelyPup

Still there are way way too many possibilities in this magical world for them to have the confidence no matter how battle hardened to stroke their queen first...if she attacks then maybe but without provocation there will be a good chunk of time that they wouldn't have attached.

meilimiao

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on January 31, 2013, 12:27:25 PM
I'll let it go with them being brand new raw recruits.  As such, they wouldn't know to feel for the aura that she ALWAYS has active.

I can see where the issue is (Daemon, sweetie... it was a big kill that normally wouldn't go unnoticed as it did)... but yeah. The city is a chaotic mess due to war and troop movements. I think Daemon just wanted to get Lucy out and more in-game, so just let it go as fresh recruits being killed. Nameless fodder.

I am, however, also starting to wonder about the balance of the game as well.

(Sorry for any errors on my part in this post btw. Responding from my phone.)
I am a fire; you're gasoline.  Come pour yourself all over me.
Open for play, if you like what you see.

PrincelyPup

Yeah well Lucy isn't throwing off balancing...she wants to kill both sides...so she probably will just hurt keena and fly away to go kill more demons....

Hellis

Pretty in Pink

Like I said.  I'm going to let it go at new recruits that weren't that bright.

ZanaLyrander

Sorry I haven't been online, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but one of the issues that has been brought up is the balance, which I admit has been worrying me as well... for some reason, almost all of the mortal champions thus far have been very low powered, with clear limits on their powers, and most of the Felguard are very powerful... I'm not saying either side is wrong in the way they are making their profiles, it is the inconsistency that is the problem... If all the profiles were one way or the other, it wouldn't be a problem, but with the way things are, it could be a bit difficult.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

PrincelyPup

PrincelyPup

Is my post better now? I'm sorry for messing up so bad...

If you want I'll redo it again...

Vladimir valentine

So I'm assuming Anastasia is just going to continue toward the tree right???

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 31, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
So I'm assuming Anastasia is just going to continue toward the tree right???
Yep. She has a bit of resistance now, since Feena and the Queen have shown up, but they'll have to pull off something impressive if they actually want to stop her...
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

Pretty in Pink

Hey, Zana, about how long would it take a force going full tilt to get from Sequen to the Tower?

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on January 31, 2013, 06:03:33 PM
Hey, Zana, about how long would it take a force going full tilt to get from Sequen to the Tower?
Hmmm... well, the tower is about five miles from Sequen... Not too long, maybe forty-five minutes if they were booking it, significantly less if we are talking about a cavalry unit, though in that case their numbers would obviously be smaller.
My RP Ideas

Pretty in Pink

Okay.  Likely as not it would be two units.  One rapid response cavalry unit, and then a unit of footmen.

Vladimir valentine

Anastasia's new post is up. She's begging to become a really bad person. 0.0

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 31, 2013, 09:16:49 PM
Anastasia's new post is up. She's begging to become a really bad person. 0.0
Just FYI, the super-charge from the root is a one use thing, you already used it. Just keep that in mind.
My RP Ideas

Vladimir valentine

Yeah, but she's had to use none of her powers so far. So she's still at full power, but yeah she used the forests 'well of power' to make the armies. So she's not actually super charged, though she's feeling pretty damn good about her chances. ^ ^

Silk

This is where the concern for balance characters comes in.

There is nobody on the mortal side that is capable of creating small armies of super undead plant assassins, let alone do it with no detriment to their character or ability. Or even have the ability to fight it off without a large NPC army at their back. And your saying you did all this without using the roots power, and completely unaffected by the use of such powers.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Silk on February 01, 2013, 02:27:27 AM
This is where the concern for balance characters comes in.

There is nobody on the mortal side that is capable of creating small armies of super undead plant assassins, let alone do it with no detriment to their character or ability. Or even have the ability to fight it off without a large NPC army at their back. And your saying you did all this without using the roots power, and completely unaffected by the use of such powers.
No, actually Vlad is saying that Anastasia did use the Root's power, but hasn't had to use any power other than that. However Vlad I would point out that maintaining an army of living plant men and undead is still a bit strenuous, they do still need your magic to sustain them.
My RP Ideas

ZanaLyrander

Woot! Krathen with the psychological warfare! ^_^ I'm realizing that of my three characters, Krathen is probably the one best able to thrive in this RP, as he can balance sex and military matters perfectly, and for him, they are almost one and the same... sex appeal is one of his greatest weapons after all.

Oh, and for reference, Krathen's aura should feel about as strong for Alexa and Feena as it does at its baseline level, before he focuses it on anyone or turns up the power. The reason for this is that even though he has it turned up full blast and focused entirely on Alexa and Feena, he is also almost a mile away, his aura can only stretch so far before the intensity starts to drop off.
My RP Ideas

Vladimir valentine

Yeah, Anastasia eventually will notice that she has to sustain control over them. But as for now its only been a short time since the initial creation if Therese creatures. Many if them were still rising when she started mobilizing. Eventually while fighting feena she will realize the kind of toll it takes in order to keep control, after all she has never managed to control an army of this proportion before, and most likely never will.