To Hell and Back (Fantasy, Closed)

Started by ZanaLyrander, January 04, 2013, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on January 30, 2013, 08:04:41 PM
Didn't see that post until I had finished up mine.  I was actually referring to Valentina.

And I know they're after the Tower.  But Alexa's out there, and she's going to try to stop it.  I am well aware she's not going to succeed.
Probably not, they are kind of outmatched right now... On the other hand, she may have some backup soon... You did just tell the whispering tower to inform the city, and Feena is finishing up with Lucy right about now... Still even together, that would be a really hard fight. Alexa and Feena might be able to pull it off, but they'd both be exhausted and seriously wounded by the end.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

Pretty in Pink

Oh, I'm expecting it.  Alexa's only prophesied.  She's not a goddess, she's not immortal, she's not untouchable.  But she's damn well not going to just give up the Tower.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

ZanaLyrander

By the way, very sneaky with Valentina... Still have to think about how Jurai will react.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

Pretty in Pink

Funny thing is, this whole thing is going to get Valentina thinking.  There's a kernel of truth (and maybe more than that, does that sound like something Krathen might have done if there was a question about Valentina's loyalty when she was younger?) in what she said.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on January 30, 2013, 08:18:01 PM
Funny thing is, this whole thing is going to get Valentina thinking.  There's a kernel of truth (and maybe more than that, does that sound like something Krathen might have done if there was a question about Valentina's loyalty when she was younger?) in what she said.
No, Krathen wouldn't do that, he takes care of his pets, he wouldn't have Valentina's mother tortured. If there was any question about Valentina's loyalty, he'd... retrain her. Krathen has other ways of ensuring obedience from his pets.
My RP Ideas

Pretty in Pink

Alright.  So she was lying.  :P  Means to an end.

Silk

Geuss some people were too busy getting off to do their damn jobs, Fiona isn't going to be impressed once she finds out. Don't expect to be allowed to do much of very much importance if your too busy thinking with your dicks than your mind :P Were hard pressed as it is.

Got to admit, it's something that's starting to gripe a bit on me now, seems like a RP about a demonic invasion and people are too busy having sex, or fishing for it, to actually do much about it. I mean is this the DnD world of Nymphomaniacs or something? Defently more inclined to go with Mzhyde at this stage. Sex should be the happy bonus not EVERYTHING EVERY ONLY, hopefully that'll change or I'll consider dropping as well :/

LeSane

*Does the awkward hand wave, with the 'Hello my name is' sticker on shirt*

Sorta agree on that. Plot and meaning gives more satisfaction then sex, that's the reason I want to join (Sent Pm to Zana). I read everything up to know, and it seems that sex is the main focus when it should be about the battles, and action where relationships should be second, then sexual activities. Believe me I think my character will be one of the few will focused on the events then whom he will be sleeping with.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Silk

I don't mind some sexual encounters, but this is just too much, even the Demon lord of lust, father of demons, shows more restraint than half of the characters. It's just not what I was expecting from the game, especially one that first page started with so much plot emphasis and detail to the world.

LeSane

The one character I was expecting to have no self control has more then most. It shocked me. If you ask me I would say the sex is numbed down for a while so the main focus is the events taking place. At least for a couple of pages.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

MzHyde

Quote from: Silk on January 31, 2013, 12:44:33 AM
Geuss some people were too busy getting off to do their damn jobs, Fiona isn't going to be impressed once she finds out. Don't expect to be allowed to do much of very much importance if your too busy thinking with your dicks than your mind :P Were hard pressed as it is.

Got to admit, it's something that's starting to gripe a bit on me now, seems like a RP about a demonic invasion and people are too busy having sex, or fishing for it, to actually do much about it. I mean is this the DnD world of Nymphomaniacs or something? Defently more inclined to go with Mzhyde at this stage. Sex should be the happy bonus not EVERYTHING EVERY ONLY, hopefully that'll change or I'll consider dropping as well :/

Well, you're welcome to come play with Shizuru on the coast. I had plans for her re-introduction whenever the game focused on plot again and started moving along.

PrincelyPup

Well zana kinda planned for it to be a very sexual Rp... The sex isn't the bonus in this Rp its woven into the plot...we just need to be better at weaving it into our actions. Zana brought me on to be a purely sexual character... All my plot points will be sexual and part of my plot. He is very very good at sex while "on the move" so to speak. That everyone else seems to lack on.

PrincelyPup

Quote from: ZanaLyrander on January 30, 2013, 08:23:08 PM
No, Krathen wouldn't do that, he takes care of his pets, he wouldn't have Valentina's mother tortured. If there was any question about Valentina's loyalty, he'd... retrain her. Krathen has other ways of ensuring obedience from his pets.
He would never hurt a pet like that...... Let alone one of his brood. 

ZanaLyrander

Alright, this issue has come up before, so let me address it now so everyone can know my position on it. Sex can be an integral part of this game, or more of a side not, just a bonus, and which of these is the case depends on the character and the player in question. Take Krathen for instance: for Krathen, sex is more than just something he does for fun, it's how he wins fights... when confronted with an enemy champion, overwhelming them with lust and taking advantage of them is among his most effective tactics. On the other hand, Jurai, one of my other characters, while certainly possessing a healthy libido, is almost all business when there is battle going on, and is not easily distracted.

Here is my opinion. It is up to each individual player to decide how much or how little sex they want this RP to include for them, as their personal preferences and character dictates. However, I have to ask then that we respect each others decisions in this regard. Having your characters be disappointed or upset with other characters who in their mind focus too much on sex is fine, but when you start getting upset enough with other players for doing so that you are considering leaving the RP, I feel the spirit of this roleplay has been lost somehow.

I can understand your frustration when certain characters *coughFeena* drop the ball so to speak by going off to get laid rather than helping out in battle, and like I said, feel free to yell at said characters in character. Just try not to get too upset about it OOC, this is a game, it's meant to be fun.
My RP Ideas

Silk

Quote from: ZanaLyrander on January 31, 2013, 05:34:01 AM
Alright, this issue has come up before, so let me address it now so everyone can know my position on it. Sex can be an integral part of this game, or more of a side not, just a bonus, and which of these is the case depends on the character and the player in question. Take Krathen for instance: for Krathen, sex is more than just something he does for fun, it's how he wins fights... when confronted with an enemy champion, overwhelming them with lust and taking advantage of them is among his most effective tactics. On the other hand, Jurai, one of my other characters, while certainly possessing a healthy libido, is almost all business when there is battle going on, and is not easily distracted.

Here is my opinion. It is up to each individual player to decide how much or how little sex they want this RP to include for them, as their personal preferences and character dictates. However, I have to ask then that we respect each others decisions in this regard. Having your characters be disappointed or upset with other characters who in their mind focus too much on sex is fine, but when you start getting upset enough with other players for doing so that you are considering leaving the RP, I feel the spirit of this roleplay has been lost somehow.

I can understand your frustration when certain characters *coughFeena* drop the ball so to speak by going off to get laid rather than helping out in battle, and like I said, feel free to yell at said characters in character. Just try not to get too upset about it OOC, this is a game, it's meant to be fun.

problem is, how much fun is it for the mortal players to have everything going to shit around them constantly, being told they can't do something to try and fix it, and the person who does get told to go and fix it, is more interested in being shafted, our little run to hit supply lines has hit nothing but scouts, rather than supply lines, making the entire exercise pointless, then we capture someone who's more detrimental than helpful, while back at home were losing an entire area without barely a fight because people are too busy fucking. It's not fun to have evrything you try to do diminished while the other side gets a free ride because people can't show restraint.

Just leaves you thinking "Why even bother trying"

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Silk on January 31, 2013, 05:45:37 AM
problem is, how much fun is it for the mortal players to have everything going to shit around them constantly, being told they can't do something to try and fix it, and the person who does get told to go and fix it, is more interested in being shafted, our little run to hit supply lines has hit nothing but scouts, rather than supply lines, making the entire exercise pointless, then we capture someone who's more detrimental than helpful, while back at home were losing an entire area without barely a fight because people are too busy fucking. It's not fun to have evrything you try to do diminished while the other side gets a free ride because people can't show restraint.
I understand how frustrating that is, and that is largely my fault as Feena's player, what she did would actually make sense in some ways, if her timing was not so terrible. As for the problem with Jurai and Fiona's sneak attack, I'm sorry, I wasn't actually sure what to do there, I was a bit confused as to our actual objective with that particular operation.

One thing I would like to point out however, is that this battle is not decided yet. Like I said at the beginning of this chapter, this isn't a battle that will be won decisively in a single attack. The demons may take the Whispering Tower, but that doesn't mean they can take Sequen, and even their capture of the Whispering Tower isn't inevitable yet, the mortals can and will be putting up a valiant fight in a moment.
My RP Ideas

Silk

As I said, it just makes the entire exercise completely redundant and may as well not of happened if Valentina get's away, or end up being entirely counter productive if she gets some information from us like the passage, while the queen has to fight off not only demons, but an entire necromatic plant army thing on her tod because everyone else was in that area are nymphomaniacs, face it huni everything the mortal side has tried to do at this point has been worthless and barely worth mentioning, why don't we just form an orderly queue for us to be captured 1 by 1 and be done with it. Because that's what it feels like

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Silk on January 31, 2013, 05:57:56 AM
As I said, it just makes the entire exercise completely redundant and may as well not of happened if Valentina get's away, or end up being entirely counter productive if she gets some information from us like the passage, while the queen has to fight off not only demons, but an entire necromatic plant army thing on her tod because everyone else was in that area are nymphomaniacs, face it huni everything the mortal side has tried to do at this point has been worthless and barely worth mentioning, why don't we just form an orderly queue for us to be captured 1 by 1 and be done with it. Because that's what it feels like
Again, it ain't over yet. I am already thinking of a few interesting things that Jurai and Fiona can do while they are out there, and if they have to just leave Valentina behind tied up, so be it, they can come back for her later, and if she gets away, no big loss. I know things look bleak, but believe me when I say that the mortals can still turn this battle around.
My RP Ideas

Silk

Short of some heavy GM flanging, no, I can't see how the mortals can turn it around given how things have been in the past.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Silk on January 31, 2013, 06:15:52 AM
Short of some heavy GM flanging
I'm afraid I don't know what that means... I mean, I can probably guess given the context, but I've never heard that term before.
My RP Ideas

PrincelyPup

Well I guess the demons fuck distracting technique is the mortals weak spot.... Stop being so easy to seduce...Hehe....heh.....heh.......... I'm sorry....

Pretty in Pink

Hey, Daemon, since we've already established that Valentina and Lucy are always arguing, what would you say to it being a matter of mutual respect and jealousy between them?  They both respect and are jealous of the affection (such as it is) that Krathen shows them?

PrincelyPup

well... I think Lucy us just scared she isn't good enough...like she always is.. she doesn't harbor real bad greetings towards Val...so yeah but it doesn't really matter anymore sadly...unless someone does some smart shit broken Lucy is going to kill every champion she has thus far made contact with except her mother.

Pretty in Pink

And now I have a problem.  A dilemma if you will.  The guards would not have believed that was the Queen.  One, there were no Wild Runners.  Two, they know she was out on a strike.  They wouldn't have followed any orders in that instance, I don't think.  Especially since the order hit the city for the army to ride to the support of the queen out at the Whispering Tower.

Biggest reason they wouldn't have obeyed was because Alexa never goes ANYWHERE without at least two of the Wild Runners.  Without that presence, they would have been a little... suspicious.  And it's not that Alexa has set it up that way, it's that the RUNNERS have set that up.

I feel really assholish saying this, but it's just going against the established things.  I'm fine with it for the most part, but I just want an explanation of why they believed that was her, instead of just "They were simple minded".

PrincelyPup

They didn't believe it was her at all. There was a score of guards there...that's 20. Rather they believed her or not she still looked like their queen and guards won't ever attack their queen especially if she has no weapons out. Then as soon as she got close she managed to kill six before the shock and awe effect expired. This happens in like every single fantasy movie with a shape shifter in it so its not that very hard to believe and she only managed to kill six nameless fodder so....not a big deal.