World War Z | Russian Apocalypse (Zombies, EX, Bit of sex)

Started by Dashenka, March 18, 2014, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

Just so I don't waste any of your time, if you are not into zombie apocalypse survival games, this is not your game.

This is a reopening of a previous game.

The setting is basically the same as in the movie. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, a zombie plague suddenly hits the world. Those bitten do not die, but become one of the zombies. Whatever the virus is, it's not airborne so it's easy to survive if you are not bitten. For some reason the zombies leave sick people alone.

Until a vaccin is developed that camouflages healthy people into being sick people and can walk around the 'zombies', people are left to their own devices. The zombies react to noise once they've gone dormant.

What I want is a few players (max 5, me included) to play a group of survivors heading to a safe zone. To give it a bit of a special twist, I want the game to play out in Moscow. Starting point is the Kremlin. It's been kept safe because of the walls surrounding it. At the time the virus struck Moscow, not many people were in. Could be a sunday, could be middle of the night. While we hunker down in the Kremlin and wait for things to happen we learn that there is a safe haven at Nova Zemlya and we decide to take our chances.

Ideally I want all players to start out in the Moscow Kremlin but if the reason is good I might consider something else, like a character hiding in a basement or attic or something. (Please put your opinions on Russia aside :) )

I would like the game to move on so I expect (and try) to post at least once every two days and as the GM I hold the rights to move the game forward to a certain point and location. How your character got there is up to you but from that point we all post from there. Also I want the group to stick together, which is why I limited the number to 5 max. Sex is not part of the game. Obviously I won't forbid it but since we're a group we'd either need a few couples or a big orgy and seeing how the world's overrun with zombies, I doubt anybody is in the mood anyway.

If you see more than 5 people have reacted, please post your interest anyway. I will select players (if I get more than 5) by the characters, not first come, first serve.

So before I go on with describing more, I'd like to see who is interested in this. Any takers?

Below is my first post and the intro of the game.

Moscow is the most beautiful city with a thin layer of snow and the lights of the city illuminating the city. The moonlight reflecting on the not yet frozen river and the wet cobblestones of the krasnaya ploshad, more commonly known as the Red Square. In a few weeks the river would be frozen over and the snow would be so much that most of the square would be white.

The government buildings were closed and only a handful of people were still at work. The other buildings inside the kremlin, as well as the cathedral were closed and most windows were dark.

It was a bitterly cold night but at least there was no wind or rain or snow which made my watch a bit easier. I was on guard duty at the gate but because I started at an hour that the kremlin was still open, I was still in my ceremonial gear with the rifle. Not that we needed the kalashnikovs because nobody had ever tried to get into the kremlin. The terrorists bomb the underground and the airport but somehow never got the idea to bomb the heart of the Russian Federation. Simpletons.

So far it was a normal evening and apart from some lost tourists the gate had stayed quiet. Halfway during my shift, close to midnight, some things started to happen. A few employers who had been working late left the kremlin in their cars in a big hurry, not bothering to tell me anything and when people came out on foot, looking rather panicked, I was on my guard and warned my colleagues. Something was going on and when I asked a woman what it was, all she said was a bad virus had turned people into zombies. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or not but fact was that the offices were now mostly empty, only a few people remained signed in.

Suddenly my radio crackled and a colleague who was stationed at the Spasskaya Tower of the Kremlin warned me to look out for a group of people coming towards the gate. I confirmed the message and took the binoculars from my guard house.

For a moment or two I didn’t know what I was looking at but then the chilling reality set in. It were humans but the way they moved towards my gate was so unnatural that I had difficulties believing it. Quickly I took the speaker and turned it to max.

"Halt! You are approaching a closed government site. I will shoot if you continue!"

I reached behind and immediately cursed that I still had my SKS rifle instead of the automatic Kalashnikovs. As I laid aim I could use the scope as binoculars and warned my colleagues about the threat approaching. The confirmed and I gave the people another warning. This only seemed to make them run quicker and when they had the movement motions of a rabid wolf, I laid aim and fired at a woman that looked much like the woman I had asked for information. Without wanted to brag, my aim is pretty good and her head exploded on impact. This didn't stop the others though and even when a colleague had shot other one, they kept coming.

The SKS is only loaded with two bullets on ceremonial duties and after firing another round I had to reload. We didn't carry back up ammunition so I was out. Luckily my colleague at the tower was carrying his Kalashnikov and managed to take out the remaining intruders. Minutes later he came to the gate with the other members of the guard. They asked what it was but I had no answers so they decided to check it out. I was told to stay at the gate and was given one of their guns as they left the kremlin and went onto the square to check the remains of the people we had just shot.
As my men approached the corpses, they jumped up and attacked my colleagues. They responded with gunfire but three of the four guards were taken down. Because of the darkness, I couldn't really see what had happened but the screams were deafening. One of them came running back but the gunfire had attracted more of the mindless creatures and when I saw the square fill up with walking dead I knew he wasn’t going to make it.

I ran to my guardhouse inside the walls, hit the alarm button which sent out alarms through the offices and then pulled the lever to close the gate, knowing this was the only gate that would still be open. Then I ran back to the gate to watch it close. I was just in time to see the last of the guards being taken down and I aimed my gun and managed to shoot two of the creatures before the iron gate closed. Some of them crashed into the gate but I was soon sure the gates would hold. I ran inside the offices and got into the lobby and searched the desk for the intercom.

"Everybody please come to the lobby. This is not a drill. Leave your office and come to the lobby. I'm with the Kremlin regiment. We have a situation."

Then I checked the small handgun I was given for ammunition and waited for the few people that hadn't signed out yet. The list was still in the guardhouse but I'd get that later.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Mathim

Have you considered using the continuity from the book as opposed to the film? Just wondering.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Dashenka

Mathim

'Kay. Just wanted to point out that the source material and the adaptation are vastly different in every aspect (not necessarily that one is better than the other, though). Some might not realize if this is meant to be the book version or the movie version so this would probably help clear that up before anyone asks.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Dashenka

It's not meant to be an exact copy. It's based on what I've seen in the movie. From there I'll take it what happens and what not :)

ElvenKitten

Dashenka

Ye planning to. But you got Emma to attend to :P Waiting for a reply :D

ElvenKitten