Suggestion!

Started by Anyalyss, October 16, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyalyss

Hi!

I just remembered that lately some sites on the net (in my case I noticed it on my EA/origin account and other game accounts) are using this www.gravatar.com

Basically you upload your avatars there, set one as predefined and then you forget about setting each one individually on every website that you visit. It's pretty nifty for the user. I'm terrible with techy stuff but maybe it could be implemented! Veks? someone? If not it's okay, it's only an idea!
O&O's    A&A's

Caeli

I actually like that Elliquiy doesn't force me to link anything across my social media / online applications and accounts. Obviously, you only release as much information as you want on Gravatar's site, so it's not really the sharing of information that's the big deal, but I keep my Elliquiy profile/persona completely separate from the rest of my online accounts. Even had we the option of using a gravatar, I would prefer to upload my own image rather than use the gravatar I use for my personal blogs.

Plus, I like the dimensions of our avatars. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Gravatar basically tells everyone who you've given your e-mail address to where you've been. At Elliquiy, that really isn't a feature : /

Anyalyss

Ohh, I didn't really think about the privacy point of view, well it's okay :-)

And yeah I also found myself trying to choose the perfect square part of my current E avatar. After wasting five minutes on it I chose the one that the site suggested at first and went with it  *giggles*
O&O's    A&A's

HockeyGod

On the same topic of marketing/outreach...I was at a literary event today with writers and would have liked to have something simple to drop on the table there. Perhaps a QR code or something catchy like that?

Vekseid

Elliquiy doesn't use www, so it would be:

HockeyGod

jouzinka

Thank you, alx & Veks, for uncovering something completely new to me. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A