One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

"If we go through the other side, who can say that we'll make it back here alright?" She shook her head. "Maybe we should tie the rope to something. Or someone should go and stay? But I wouldnt' want to be split up. This is dangerous work."

She took a seat on a rock illuminated by the red glow and ran a hand through her hair.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded

"Sounds like a plan, you stay here, I'll be back in a minute"

Before she could even bother to object, he jumped through the tear and landed on solid ground on the other side, demons looked at him for a moment and then charged him, he smiled to them sadistically and danced around cutting them to ribbons with his swords, when they had been dispatched, he turned and looked at what they were dealing with, it was indeed a window, constructed into the stone of the cliff he was now facing.

"Interesting, looks like one of us is staying behind after all"

He jumped back through to Shie.

"Looks like your going home right now, I'm staying, the other side of the window in constructed from stone, I'm going to stay and take it down from their side, you go and don't look back"

Lièrén gave her his fathers sword

"Keep this to remember me by, one day I shall return to you"

He kissed her on the lips for the first time and then he was back through the window, holding his sword in his hand, he took one step to the side of the gate and swung his sword at the wall holding the window up. It cracked and then shattered, closing the window between the worlds, now he just needed to find a way out of this demon world.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Shie stared, lunging forward to stop him. As she saw no way out, she battered her fists against the air. "No!" she cried. "No, you can't! You can't do this alone!"

After an hour of trying to find a way in, a way to the place Lièrén was, she gave up, trudging back home. Two men, two beats of her heart, forever gone...

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Several Months Later

Lièrén fell through a window in the air, he landed with a heavy thud on the ground and felt extremely sore. He had finally made it back to the human realm, he could tell just by breathing in, the air was clean and clear, it didn't have a heavy tint like the demon world.

He stood and looked up in the air, the window was gone already. He then set his gaze off into the distance and he once again saw Onawa, the village he had travelled too many months before hand. It felt like he had been away for years, and he was eager to get back, to see Shie again, to be home.

He walked slowly, taking his time, holding his old and battered sword limply at his side. He was nervous, he didn't know what to expect when he got back, he hoped Shie would recognize him. When he got closer, he realised that the villagers had finished the wall, he stood in front of the enormous door and knocked on it, when a panel slid out and eyes looked at him suspiciously, he held their gaze. The panel slid shut and the door opened, one of the villagers stepped out holding a sword; one of the original fifteen that Lièrén had created. Surrendering his sword to the villager, he was led into the town centre and everyone came around to see who it was that had caused such a comotion. Lièrén scanned the crowd for any sign of Shie. Everyone else obviously did not recognize him because of the heavy beard he now possessed on his face.

Sophidian

Shie collected her water down at the Jade, listening to the commotion in the town square. Raising a brow, she hoisted both buckets up and started to walk in that direction. Her father had passed on a month before and since then, her entire life had been devoted to making sure the Inn ran well and steady. The amount of money she made had made her into quite a wealthy woman, though it hasn't effected her at all.

The only sign of age are a few worry lines on her forehead and slightly longer hair. As she makes her way through the groups of people, she gazes up at the partially obscured back of the man standing there. Another raider, probably. They'd taken so many in to question them before the public and kicked them all out after a thorough beating. She couldn't say that her people were doing the right thing, but they were doing what they thought they should to keep them safe. They'd succeeded so far.

She put the buckets down, asking her cousin who had come, and at the confused shrug, she motioned for him to keep a watch on her water as she made her way up front. It was true: money gave power.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén turned around, keeping his arms where they could be seen and he searched the crowd, looking for Shie. He spotted her and winked in her direction, but he didn't know if she picked up on it, he had been away for a long time and he was sure she thought that he was dead.

"Shie"

Was all head said, clearly so that everyone, even Shie herself, could hear him.

Sophidian

Shie paused, hands falling to her sides. The voice, too painfully familiar, made her breath stutter out. "...who are you?"

She climbed onto scaffold they kept him on and peered closer. It couldn't be... "And how do you know my name?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled to her sadly, she didn't recognize him, not fully.

"Who else could pull of being trapped in a demon realm and then returning because he promised, it is me, Lièrén"

Sophidian

Gasps rose up from around the area, the men lowering their swords as they waited for Shie's ruling. She stepped forward once more, peering into his eyes before the smile started from her heart.

"Welcome home..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled and nodded once

"Thank you, it is good to be home, it has been too long"

He looked around at the villagers, there were some new additions that he didn't know, many people he did recognize and some that were missing.

"Much has happened since our trip, please, tell me all that I have missed"

Sophidian

Shie motioned for the men to disperse. "We've had two births, and three deaths - my father being one of them. A family left because they feared the demons would get worse." She motioned toward the empty house that stood in the corner. "We've had a few vagrants come and work around the Inn for me. I can't do everything by myself, of course."

"How'd you survive?" she asked after a moment.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Nodding slowly, he gazed off for a moment, then returned to earth.

"I am sorry to hear about your father. I really am"

He thought for a long moment.

"Well, it was a struggle I will admit, it is a complete and utter ruin in that other world, demons stalking about all the time, most of the time I have being fighting them, I have killed hundreds of them but there are still way more than we could ever hope to take on, in the end I stumbled across a demon lords home, which was both fortunate and unfortunate of me, I managed to fight my way to the creature, gaining many wounds in the process, he tried to kill me outright because I was human, I fought back and as luck would have it, because of my sword I managed to beat him down and he bartered for his life, in exchange for me letting the worm live, he would send me back and stop any demons from crossing for the time being, I agreed after a lot of thought, just incase he double crossed me and then the rest you know, here I am standing before you now"

He looked right into her eyes

"I have missed you so much, there wasn't a day went by that I didn't think about you, that is why I have come back, because my determination to see you again would not let me give up"

Sophidian

Shie blushed, the words being heard by the people still lingering. She laid a finger over his lips and nodded up toward her inn. "I'm just glad to see you alive. I had... Well, I'd written you off as dead, to be honest. Who can survive a demon plane?"

She started up the hill toward the building. "I suppose I can tell those two men that they're free from service now..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled to her, much really had changed within the short time that he was away.

"Well since I am no criminal, I guess so"

He chuckled

"The place looks fantastic, I have missed it so much, so much has changed"

He looked around, more building had been erected, the wall was complete, the villagers looked a lot happier than they had before and there seemed to be more people around the place now than before as well.

Sophidian

"It's been a fair bit of time, Lièrén. We've had time to heal and to grow." She slid open the door to the inn and walked inside. Her job as waitress has been passed on to a gaggle of teenage girls who rush back and forth filling orders.

"Your rooms are still there. Still...the same."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén followed Shie to the inn and smiled to her gratefully.

"Thank you Shie, it means a lot, I am most grateful, if it is ok with you, I would like to go and clean up a little, this beard is itchy and annoying"

He stifled a yawn, he hadn't slept much in the past few months for fear of waking up inside a demon.

Sophidian

"Of course! I'll be in the office." She motioned over to it as she walked along the re-planked walkways. "Take as much time as you need."

As soon a she sat down, she grinned. Maybe things were truly getting better...

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén bowed

"Thank you, I shall be down shortly"

He then went up to his old room which was indeed pretty much as he left it, his pack was still there, some of his old robes were still on the floor, exactly as he had left them. He smiled to himself.

He had a quick wash and shave, trimming the beard down but leaving a smaller version of it on his face, giving him an older appearence, he also cut his hair back to shoulder length and tied it back in a pony tail. He changed out of his robes and put on a fresh set and then he headed back downstairs and to the office, he knocked on the door and then entered. Shie was sat behind her fathers old desk and as he looked around the office, he noticed his old sword standing in one corner.

"I must congratulate you, I am most sorry that your father passed away, but I am glad to see that you were given the inn and you have successfully brought the village to peace, exactly like you had promised too when we first met"

Sophidian

Shie turned and gave him a smile. "I don't intend to break promises. Things are good here now. You're to thank for that. If there's anything I can give you..." She paused, then opened a drawer in the desk, drawing out a bag of coins. One hundred gold coins, to be exact.

"Father never spent them."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughed when he saw the coins

"You keep them, I never needed them in the first place, I thought he would have used them to keep the inn going, maybe expand it a little bit, anything he wanted to do really"

He pushed the bag back to Shie

"You keep it, I don't need it or want it, I have everything I need right here in this village, if I need money, I will work for it"

He then thought for a moment.

"Do you still need a village blacksmith?"

Sophidian

"A few of the men have attempted but with little success. I'm sure we would all appreciate one." She put the bag away once more. "There's still room in where you worked before, if that suits you."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"That is much appreciated Shie, or should I call you Madam now?"

He was playing with her, he had missed her so terribly much that he thought he would go mad at one point in that other world.

"I shall head there immediately and get to work"

He bowed to her and headed for the door.

Sophidian

"Don't go yet." She came around the desk, hands held out. "It's still Shie. And I'm still... the same person I was before you went. You have plenty of time to work on swords."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén turned back to her and looked at her outstretched hands. He held his own out and took hers in them.

"I am glad I can still call you Shie, it suits you more than Madam"

He let go of her hands and looked at her.

"I picked up something while I was in that other world as well, other than the beard"

He stood back a little bit and held his hand up flat. He clicked his fingers and a fireball appeared in his hand, not burning him, but still very real fire.

"Ta-da"

Sophidian

Shie stared at the fireball and raised a brow. "Magic? Wow..." She gave him a smile. "I've lost all of mine. I can't even ask the gods to light a candle..."

Leaning back against her desk, she heard the normal commotion of the room outside filling up. "Luckily, though, I don't need it."

-- Anton Chekhov