Tales of the Drow – GM Guided Sandbox, Freeform (Interest Check)

Started by Barbarian, March 13, 2015, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

Quote from: Amarlo on March 16, 2015, 10:18:32 PM
Thank you for the offer. Hopefully we can start plotting soon :)

Thank you for the offer but the point of picking one primary master for her was so she wasn't open to everyone sexually. xD

Definitely look forward to plotting together. If for some reason the powers that be don't allow for the merc half-breed to have his own slave. We could work out something where he takes a strong liking to her and being selfish promises a very painful death to any other that might touch his favorite slave, so she only has to serve his pleasures while still performing her duties to the lounge.

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elf

What skills will she have that make valuable to lounge? Maybe the only reason she is there is because my guy already had her, could not bring himself to leave her behind and so brought her with him from the upper world. That way they would get his abilities and hers just for his price.

VonDoom

Sorry, I probably should have elaborated more, Amarla -- if your slave is useful, she'd essentially receive more privileges than otherwise with my character and could likely make the exact same request in character and then later find someone she'd like to get involved with. But it's fine if you'd rather straight up have a male master for her.

Edit: that reminds me, since Drow tend to engage quite heavily with fiends, what's your take on a drow-tiefling and the social implications thereof?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amarlo

Quote from: VonDoom on March 17, 2015, 01:09:54 AM
Sorry, I probably should have elaborated more, Amarla -- if your slave is useful, she'd essentially receive more privileges than otherwise with my character and could likely make the exact same request in character and then later find someone she'd like to get involved with. But it's fine if you'd rather straight up have a male master for her.

Edit: that reminds me, since Drow tend to engage quite heavily with fiends, what's your take on a drow-tiefling and the social implications thereof?

But then that defeats the cruel fun of the drow culture! :P

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

SpiralSpider

Name: Xulena Baenre
Race: Drow
Position: High Priestess
Appereance: While not the most beautiful of drow females, Xulena sports the typical build - that is, larger than the typical male's. In fact, she's quite tall and broad, even for females. Standing at close to six feet, one might be hard pressed to find more than a handful of her kind that were as solidly built. Her eyes are brown, rather than the usual red, and tend show the hues of a dark ale, catching amber in firelight. Her hair is the expected white, kept shoulder-length for manageability. Generally Xulena dresses for comfort and practicality, though she has been known to dress for ritual - or intimidation - should it be needed.
History: It's a highly guarded secret of the first house of Menzoberranzan that they would, on rare occasions, pad their ranks by absorbing the priestesses of a failing house into their own. Xulena was one of these lucky few, if such a thing could be said. Before the fall of her house, she had been called Zilva. But that was so long ago that she could scarcely remember her previous house's name, if pressed. It matters not anymore, however, having been gifted an entirely new identity shortly before obtaining the rank of high priestess of Lloth. The old house had not existed since that day, it's name was never to be spoken again. Still, it filled her with a sort of bitter amusement to think that no one asked twice about her heritage, after all she looked nothing like the rather diminutive Yvonnel, the Matron of house Baenre, nor any of the men she had known to consort with.

Truth be told, she who used to be Zilva adored strength and competitions thereof. All things being equal, she would have loved a chance to pursue a warrior's life. But, of course, nothing was equal in Drow society, least of all career paths. Her family had four priestesses to boast of, herself included, but they lost their Matron in the heat of the battle with another house and she was the only one to be offered a sort of asylum within the first house. At first, saying goodbye to her old house and identity was no trouble, that is until she realized the increased responsibility that came with being a member, however lowly, of the first house.

Baenre's count of priestesses was very large and ever growing, a definite part of their matron's bragging rights and a way to keep their rank within the city. If Xulena thought she'd have it easy as just a new figure-piece, she was wrong. In fact, as the newest family member, she had a lot more to do than any other. There was new etiquette, new protocol to learn, and she found herself delegated back to playing babysitter for far longer than she had in her old house. She'd have cursed her new matron's ongoing fertility if she'd been stupid enough to believe she'd get away with even thinking it.

Perharps it was that Yvonnel had picked up on Xulena's quiet seething, even though she hadn't given her so much as one word of opposition, or perhaps it was that obedience in stead that had her sent off to Querthin. It was both a blessing and a curse, to some extent. It allowed her a chance at real authority, but at the same time... who cared about some small trading post so far from the city?

Ons: pain, power struggle, long hair, men who are smaller than her (not a particularly difficult feat!), women of all kinds, and for some reason she is particularly titillated by the idea of romance and actual devotion from love, rather than fear.

She loves signs of survival and triumph over danger; scars, prosthesis, etc...

Offs: Non-con (what's the fun in forcing someone to lay with you? Dub-con is OK, as is political favors.), bodily waste, dead/non-sentient undead, children.

Foreseen Frequency: I can't promise to be here every day, but every other day seems very possible. There's one weekend this month (27th-29th) that I'll be offline and another next month. Those are the only exceptions I know of though.

Images

If she doesn't work for you or someone else would rather be the high priestess, just let me know. ^.^

VonDoom

Quote from: VonDoom on March 17, 2015, 01:09:54 AM

Sorry, probably should have made a new post of that rather than edited it in. Any feedback regarding that, Barbarian?

O&O

Barbarian

QuoteSorry, probably should have made a new post of that rather than edited it in. Any feedback regarding that, Barbarian?

Sorry, missed that. Drow-tiefling is cool.

QuoteIf she doesn't work for you or someone else would rather be the high priestess, just let me know. ^.^

And we at last have a High Priestess.  :-) She's wonderful, I loved Xulena!

Ok then, Xanatos had mentioned he could not be available for a week or so. All others, please send me your char sheets (or post here) some time so we can hopefully start this game. New players are also welcome, current char list is;

Amarlo (slave)
abandoneddolly
VonDoom (weaponmaster)
Xanatos
Elf (mercenary assassin)
Barbarian
Spiral Spider (High Priestess)

I'll make my char according to chars of abandoneddolly and Xanatos. It'll be a slave or drow house member, I'll look at the needs. Right now, more house members and slaves would be good rather than mercenaries.

VonDoom

Thanks, that's what I needed. One last question, though, since I've seen conflicting views on that and it would affect her background: in general, are they considered 'blessed' since those matings are sacred rituals and all or looked down upon because they're not pure Drow?

I should have my character ready today or tomorrow.

O&O

Barbarian

Quote from: VonDoom on March 19, 2015, 02:03:55 AM
Thanks, that's what I needed. One last question, though, since I've seen conflicting views on that and it would affect her background: in general, are they considered 'blessed' since those matings are sacred rituals and all or looked down upon because they're not pure Drow?

As the GM of this game, I don't want to impose that kind of detail about your characters. Do it as you wish :-)

But as a common guy, I would say most drow would look down to a drow-tiefling, she could be announced as "blessed" by house elders and thus, receive respect in open, but in the shadows, if I were a pure-drow, I would not really like her :-)

Elf

Welcome Spiral, Yeah! for high priestess, Xulena looks awesome.

Here is my CS which I have already sent on to Barbarian.

Name: Zentius Yerodin
Nickname: the Nightterror, Terror
Race: half-drow (Half human & half dark elf)
Sexuality: heterosexual
Position: Mercenary
Class: Psionicist
Appearance: Height: 5’7” Weight: 128 lbs
Hair: shoulder length white hair usually worn in a ponytail
Skin: charcoal black
Eyes: jet black (can become red almost demonic in appearance)
General appearance: wears black studded leather armor, black knee high leather boots with a soft sole, black soft leather gloves, and a long dark cloak with hood usually up to hide his face.

Background:
He was born the product of a rape, a drow raid on small human village, the commander of the raiding party raped a sixteen year old girl and left her for dead. Well she didn’t die and gave birth to Zentius 9 months later. She raised him out of responsibility, but never loved him. When he was 14 he discovered his unique abilities and ran away to learn how to properly use them. He found an old psionicist to teach him what he needed to know, and quickly discovered that he could use his powers to kill and could make good money killing for pay and thus became an assassin.

Skills / Abilities: very observant misses almost nothing of his surroundings, has studied plants and herbs intensively focusing on the making and refining of poisons to cause death or incapacitation.
As from elven heritage is naturally dexterous and agile, with keen hearing and eye sight with active infrared vision.

Psionics:
Life drain: just what it sounds like, with physical touch he transfer life energy directly from another to himself, healing his own wounds or getting a temporary boost to life energy.
Death Field: by sacrificing some of his own life energy he do equal amount of damage to any thing living within a 15’ radius of him.
Cause Sleep: can cause a single target to go to sleep for as long as the power is maintained, on rare occasion (critical success) target will remain in a normal sleep without maintenance.
Body Control: can adapt his body to harmful environments, can breath under water, or in poisonous gas without ill effect.
Body Weaponry: can cause hands and arms to actually become various nonmagical melee weapons.
Flesh Armor: can cause skin harden and become resistant to physical injury, as if protected by metal armor.
Cell Adjustment: allows him to heal minor to moderate wounds in himself or others with concentration.
Body Equilibrium: allows him to make his almost completely weightless, allowing for slowed falling, easier climbing, and the ability to walk/run across short distances of water. Has the draw back of making him vulnerable to strong winds.
Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with power of his mind. The heavier the object the more draining it is.
Animate Object: Is essentially a refinement of telekinesis, making objects seem to come alive, chairs or tables to walk attack and grab.
Control Body: Through the use of telekinesis, take over control of another’s body and work them like a puppet.
Control Flames: Can control flames, get larger or smaller, change shape and move around leaving its original source.
Molecular Agitation: Using telekinesis to cause rapid or slowed movement of the molecules of any object. Rapid movement causes increased heat and with time can cause flames. Slowing movement reduces heat can cause extreme cold and brittleness.
Invincible Foes: Can either cause an opponent to believe that there is no way to win the fight against a selected subject, or make one enemy believe that the next hit will kill him outright.
Truthear: Has a high possibility to detect lies.
Inflict Pain: Can cause intense pain as if all the nerves are on fire or double the intensity of pain caused by injures.

Leather armor is enchanted for better protection and bestowed with chameleon power allowing him to blend almost perfectly with his surroundings.

Carries a dagger nothing special, just an 8” double edged razor sharp dagger. Also carries a hand crossbow for launching his poison darts, with variety of poisons. Also has a scimitar, which has been enchanted with cold powers, it will protect its wielder from fire by absorbing a great deal of heat energy and in return will send an equal amount of cold energy back at the source of the fire attack.

His view on life is quite simple, he has never experienced love; therefore, does not believe it is possible. He goes into every situation looking to see how he can gain from it, be it money, pleasure, fame, knowledge, etc. He can be fiercely loyal, but don’t cross him. Once he accepts a contract, he never breaks it. His greatest goal in life is to find and kill his father.

Ons: Being in control, causing pain, breast & nipple play, giving vaginal & anal penetration.
Offs: Scat, Piss, animals
Foreseen Frequency: I am usually on pretty much everyday so under most circumstance can reply within a day or two when my turn comes up.

abandoneddolly

I think I'll make a slave. I'll try to get a character sheet up by tomorrow as today is going to be pretty busy.

Amarlo

Here's my character sheet :) I turned it into Barbarian pending his approval.

Muirenne Siv
Name: Muirenne Siv
Race: Half-Nymph human
Nickname: Muire
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Position: Personal Slave to Elf’s Drow
Class: Healer
Appearance: Height: 5’1” Weight: 100 lbs
Appearance
Hair: Red waves ending in ringlets
Skin: Palid
Eyes: Variscite green, extremely pale.
History Muirenne never knew her parents and has long ago assumed they are deceased. She grew up under the good graces of the local apothecary who found the child charming even in her infancy and was overwhelmed by the urge to protect and nurture her. She was gifted with his knowledge and education, and had even further been blessed by his support when she decided she wished to become a Priestess at the local temple. Everything seemed to be going well for her until the high priest commissioned a well-known assassin to get rid of a high risk problem of theirs. He’d fully expected the assassin to die in the process so when the man returned asking for his payment there was shock and panic. They did not have enough to pay his fare and due to this they decided to throw in a few of their servants for him to choose from. He could keep one as his own slave or sell it, it was up to him. Unfortunately for Muire, she’d recently insulted the High Priest’s pride and while she was not a servant she was still tossed in as an option much to the dismay of the other Priests and Priestesses. They honestly hadn’t expected her to be picked, but alas, many things hadn’t gone as they expected with this man.
Ons: Nc, forced, biting, punishment, etc.
Offs: Scat, Anal, Snuff, Animals, Urine
Foreseen Frequency: Daily, usually.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SpiralSpider

Woah... curious to hear how her human parent survived that pairing. O.O

Amarlo

Something along the lines of him raping her mother, then him being raped to death by a tree.....? >.>;

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Barbarian

of course approved :)

But I wonder this... Amarlo's char is slave to Elf's merc assassin. How will the drow of the house Baenre treat her? Of course they look down to her but can they use her for quests etc and give commands to her? If not, then her interaction will be limited with Elf. Maybe if Elf's char send her to some quest to aid other members of the lounge, she can do it.

Still, she will not be a "very usable" slave for the drow members of the lounge. dolly will have a slave, in that case, thinking Xanatos may play a drow, I can also do a slave character.

Amarlo

Quote from: Barbarian on March 19, 2015, 04:39:35 PM
of course approved :)

But I wonder this... Amarlo's char is slave to Elf's merc assassin. How will the drow of the house Baenre treat her? Of course they look down to her but can they use her for quests etc and give commands to her? If not, then her interaction will be limited with Elf. Maybe if Elf's char send her to some quest to aid other members of the lounge, she can do it.

Still, she will not be a "very usable" slave for the drow members of the lounge. dolly will have a slave, in that case, thinking Xanatos may play a drow, I can also do a slave character.

She will be completely usable for her skills, especially in healing and her apothecary knowledge. What makes her Elf's personal slave is purely sexual. It might be fun to have another character force themself on her or try to but other than that I don't enjoy being a part of orgies and threesomes.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elf

As Amarlo said, she would available for her skills to the entire lounge and under their command. Zentius is smart enough realize that to survive in the underdark they all need each other. He is just very selfish about the pleasure aspects of her being a slave, he does not want to share her body with anybody. They have reached a point in their master/slave relationship that he allows her to go about her own business and serve the community without having to remain close to him, but he will protect what is his.

VonDoom

Well, we're getting quite a few mixed blood characters, so I opted to keep my character Drow after all, though with a touch of abyssal influence. So, without further ado:

-----------------

Name: Jhael'ra Baenre (lit. Ambitious Seeker), Female Drow Magus
Race: Drow
Position: Weaponsmaster
Appearance:
Between the unusual black colour of her long, luxurious hair that is tied into a loose knot at the back and the sparkle of mischief in her bright grey eyes, Jhael'ra is a rather attractive specimen of a female Drow. Her features are sleek, with high cheek-bones, smooth  obsidian skin and dark, violet lips. She moves with the grace of a dancer, an easy confidence in every step that many others of her kind have to force on themselves, assured of and in her own superiority.

She is of slightly above average height, with a slim athletic form that is nonetheless gifted with generous curves where it counts, a fact she is clearly all too aware of. Her clothes, while form-fitting, are practical: a dark-blue coat, whose tail extends to her knees, beneath a reinforced white vest that emphasizes her figure. Upon the vest is a stitching of the symbol of House Baenre, indicating her status as a noble.

Next, a thick belt from which her deadly scimitar 'Shrilyn' or 'Silk Assassin' dangles, above a pair of pants made from rough, brown leather.  A pair of knee-high boots completes the picture. Without much frill or over-elaborate garment, Jhael'ra still manages a look that could fit into formal court as easily as into a swashbuckling adventure.

Those who view Jhael'ra without her shirt would notice the intricate tattoos spread over most of her body, arcane sigils related to abbyssal influence and power that all lead to a central motive of Lolth's symbol engraved large upon her back. When studied by mystic means, a faint glow emanates from them, the after effect of a powerful ritual worked many years ago.

History:
Jhael'ra was born under auspicious circumstances, granddaughter to the matron's sister, and stood only a few steps removed from the main line of inheritance: a prestigious position indeed considering how quickly heirs tend to die in the many intrigues amongst the Drow.

Her mother, Jhael-shalee, mated with an actual Balor in order to bind him to her services and ensure her rise to power once all other potential heirs before her had been eliminated. Jhael'ra was, however, not the product of that union - unbeknownst to the priestess she was already in a very early state of pregnancy at the time. For a long time she thought her rite a success due to the resonance of abyssal energies within her womb; forging a connection to a powerful demon as well as giving birth to a powerful Cambion would increase her power and influence greatly, only to find herself unpleasantly surprised when she birthed what was obviously a pure Drow.

However, the demon seed that had tainted her did take root, though in an unintended manner: Jhael'ra was marked by intricate tattoo-like patterns on her skin from the moment of birth, arcane sigils that seemed to mark her as favored by the Abyss.

As she grew, Jhael'ra found a natural facility with both weapons and destructive magic - the arcane energies of which made her tattoos shift and writhe in eager response. Eventually she consulted the high priestess about this phenomenon and discovered that they were a manifestation of demonic energies that resided inside her, which in ritualistic cooperation they were able to grasp and pull forth: it manifested as an arcane black blade, possessed of rudimentary but decidedly fiendish intelligence and blood-thirst.

Between the new ability to call that blade forth from inside her and her other talents, she quickly succeeded in rising the ranks -- until her attitude caught up with her. She had secured herself the loyalty and alliance of various individuals that were less than respectable by Drow standards -- men, halfbloods, slaves and other races -- since after some time on the battlefield she decided to value others by their usefulness rather than their birth and even took a human male for a lieutenant.

When this came to the attention of the high priestesses, her standing suffered greatly for it. It wouldn't do for a prominent daughter of Lolth to cavort with and rely upon the strength of her lessers to such an extent. Disgraced, she was eager to go to Querthin when she received the offer -- being stationed at an outlying trading post would allow time for those memories of her disavowal to fade, not to mention that these were often assaulted by their enemies and would allow Jhael'ra to regain glory in battle.

Once arrived, she asserted herself as an exceptional warrior and field commander, and was thus quickly raised to the position of weaponsmaster. Despite her high birth, she was no priestess and held no interest in being anything but the weaponsmaster. Even her arcane potential, though powerful, had never been anything but another weapon to utilize in combat to her. Between those facts and her practicality, she has no intentions of moving against either the High Priestess or Master Sorcerer as long as they act competently within their position.

Personality:
Jhael'ra is an odd one. She has leanings towards defying some of the more cumbersome Drow conventions, but others she wholly believes in and supports. As far as Jhael'ra is concerned, Drow society is pretty much the ideal way of living. While she does view males as inherently inferior, she doesn't really fault them for their shortcomings -- their weakness is a fact for which the noteworthy individuals amongst them stand out twice as much and those who proved their worth under her command are treated rather well.

While she is brave and uncompromising, her fierce commanding personality hides a strategic mind that, when put to the test of intrigue and manipulation, is more than up to the task. She prefers to keep her personal relationships straightforward and simple -- but this is not always possible.

Jhael keeps a number of lovers that change frequently, though some faces remain a constant: usually particularly outstanding warriors or skilled lovers.

Rather than aspiring for a position as Matron Mother or High Priestess, the female Magus is more interested in increasing her military acumen and in the lure of adventure.

Ons:
My preferences are set up in my profile. For this sort of game, I'm fine with a little more cruelty than usual (blood-letting, branding, that sort of stuff) that would usually be more of an off.
Offs:
Bodily waste, too extreme sadism (gore and such)
Foreseen Frequency:Twice a week should be fine as a minimum, more when and if able.
Image:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I was unable to find a more suitable image of a Drow with non-standard white hair that looked more warrior-esque and still suited my taste, so this depiction is somewhat out of character.

O&O

VonDoom

Jhael'ra is still in the market for some slave or non-slave warriors.

O&O

Barbarian

Still waiting for char sheet of abandoneddolly and Xanatos. And for more people :)

By the way, you guys and ladies are welcome to come up with plots that may or may not aim each other's characters. I'm thinking of a simple starting quest that I will also make ties with your characters for interaction but we can also undo what I think and start with a story of your design.

(My idea is that a simple starting mission for the lounge; a surface trader who mostly sells furs of exotic surface beasts, does heavy business with duergars. The drow want him to make business with them instead. They need to persuade him somehow, but it will not be easy as he is very close friends with duergar leaders. To get to him, the drow need to contact with his advisor and first accomplish some mission for the advisor. Maybe Elf's character can be a contact of the advisor so that the lounge need him etc)

In any case, I wish this game to start by the end of this week at most.

Elf

Sounds good to me. Zentius may have done a few "jobs" for the adviser in the past. Maybe taking out competition of the trader's. His reputation for always fulfilling a contract once agreed on will help. Maybe the quest could be to locate a rare beast in the underdark that the trader has been commissioned to get for a topside customer.

Kythia