{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priest

Damien settled back a little in his chair and sipped from his chocolate drink as he watched the activity in the shop and behind the counter.  His head then turned sharply in the direction of his jacket that hung limply over the chair opposite his, from the expression on his face he was obviously perturbed and under his breath he hissed something unheard at the bulge beneath the material.  Then he resumed draining the rest of his drink whilst in the open palm of his hand he casually rolled the dice around with his thumb; his eyes distant and fixed against his coat as he sat in thought.

anon

Ally grinned at the suggestion, fantastical creatures already forming in her mind. "Oh that would be interesting. As for the man..." She turned her gaze back to him. "That would be Damien. He's a fortune teller, it seems, although he never did exactly answer my questions." She braced herself against the counter and leaned against it, crossing her legs behind her.

"What brings you here, Damien?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi's eyes lit up, a fortune teller huh. "Is he any good?" She whispered, her fingers twirling around while she thought of how she could help Ally realize her ideas. She turned her bright hazel eyes on Damien, who was this man that caught Ally's curiosity.

Huntress

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

((create a character, post it in the Character Index and walk into the restaurant.))

anon

Ally grinned wryly. "Oh, I don't believe in fate, so I don't believe in fortune tellers." She laced her fingers before her. Her looks turned pensive again before she smiled. "I think we're in as much control of this life as we can have. Everything else is by random." Her words were said absentmindedly, her thoughts turning to the creations in her mind already, picturing the ways that she would create the scales on the dragons, how to make them glitter with as much life as possible.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

The mention of his name disturbed him from his distant vigil against his coat and he turned to see he was now the focus; a notion that only made him feel nervous and warm from a creeping flush. 

He glanced at the dice in his open palm as she asked.  What bought him here was the same thing that dictated virtually every decision he was faced with; ever since …well he couldn’t remember but their hold over him seemed important.

Damien smiled as best he could as both sets of eyes watched him.  “I don’t know.  I have been away for so long and this t..town feels familiar to me, I c..came in search of answers; and something to quench my thirst.”    

anon

Ally arched an eyebrow at the focus that he had on his coat but didn't say anything about it, the oddity of it a mere observation in the back of her mind as her thoughts were filled with the jeweled colors of dragons.

"You search for answers?" She smiled. "Do you know the questions? Be sure that you know them before you go seeking for-Oh! That would work!" With that she scurried off into the kitchen, conversation forgotten.

Minutes later, sounds of metals banging against metals could be heard from the kitchen as she heated up the syrup, adding the food coloring and flavorings to them. A dark emerald shade began to be developed in one of the pots as she stirred them, brows furrowed in concentration as she poured the sugared concoction over the marbled surface.

Pulling it and making the sugar glossy, she pulled out the pipe again and slowly started to form the basic shape of the dragon, forming the wings and delicate talons, marking out the scales and glittering eyes accompanied with sharp fangs.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, thinking about how Ally could get so easily sidetracked. She rolled her eyes as Ally bustled off to the kitchen. "Sorry about Ally, she can get distracted with her sugar creations. So, you come searching for answers. What is it that you seek?" She asked soothingly.

Huntress

(i have my character sheet up do i join in?)

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

((just have your character walk into the shop))

Priest

Damien smiled softly; as Ally disappeared mid-sentence.  There was logic in her statement, well, up until the point where she got hit by inspiration anyway.  He had been relying on the dice for answers but had not asked of them the right questions; at least not yet.

But right now there was one question that was foremost in his mind; should he have another drink or not.  He looked down at the dice before closing his fingers around them and deciding he did want another drink

He looked up as another voice caught his attention and did all he could to compose himself and hold back the nervous twitch in his voice; “I am t..trying to piece together my p..p..past, then I might know w..which path to take for the future.  I..I  feel that I am m..missing something.” he shot a furtive glance at his coat.  “R..right now though I w..w..ould love another drink.” he smiled.

Huntress

Tali walks into the shop, looking windblown. "Can someone help me?" she asks.

anon

Bells jingled and Ally appeared, in her hand a sugar dragon the size of her palm, curled up. The wings looked leathery as it lie folded against the dragon's back. Its scale glittered as it stretched, its talon extending in the air.

"Hello, little beauty." She crooned to the dragon as she approached the counter before placing it gently on the tray. "Breath a little fire for me?" She smiled down at it as it yawned, a curl of sugar powder from its nostril before it gave a small roar, a stream of redden flame from its miniature mouth. "It works!"

She spun about before swirling to a stop, noticing the newcomer. "Hi there. Welcome to Corner Sweets, what can I do for you?" She added at Damien. "And what would you like?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Huntress

anon

"Aside from him?" Ally nodded at the dragon. "Well...peppered chocolate and wasabi truffles, though I'm not sure you would want to try either." She grinned. "Sugars and chocolates are my department. Ari has her own lists of inventions, I'm sure."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi simply adored Ally's dragon. "That is a cute dragon, good job."

anon

The dragon spun around at Aoi's voice, the powder snaking out of its nostrils again before it air snapped in Aoi's direction, flame from its mouth again.

Ally's brows furrowed slightly before she smiled again. "Thanks, don't think anyone will be eating him any time soon though." She laughed.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "I'll make sure that Rex comes by to try your wasabi truffles again. Bye." She called, before she whirled through the store and out into the street.

Priest

Damien turned towards the door as the doorway was taken up by a figure with long braided red hair.  He mulled over her question; it was too important a sounding one to leave to his own decision making skills.  He cast a look at the dice in his hand and flicked them across the table:

Roll Result: Priest rolled: 2d6
Comment: Can Damien assist?
Result: 3, 1,
Total: 4

The total was low, seemingly he couldn’t assist; at least not yet, best left to the capable store staff.  Damien smiled as Ally reappeared from out the back of the shop and watched as the small confectionary creation responded to her voice with immense interest.

“Another of these would be perfect; thank you.” he tapped the empty glass before him.  He followed the other figure as she skipped out of the door; giving a small half embarrassed wave with his hand.

anon

Ally waved to Aoi before turning her attention to Damien. "Will do. You'll get to see how well Aoi can put together hot chocolate." She grinned as she walked past the counter again and took the platter from him.

She returned a few minutes later with a full cup of the liquid and the silver bowl filled with marshmallow again. This time, there was a small dash of cinnamon across the surface of the hot chocolate.

"Do you always ask a question when you cast the dice?" She asked as she slipped the platter down across the table and before him.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien caught the smell of cinnamon as Ally placed the steaming beverage on the table.  It was an aroma that always put him in mind of Christmas.  He thought for a moment before he answered;

“Generally I do; however it isn’t really the dice I am asking.  They are only the means of the answer but not where the answer comes from.”

He picked up one of the marshmallows and dipped it into the drink before eating it.

anon

Ally quirked an eyebrow. There was a rattling behind her, the sound of the dragon grumbling his dissatisfaction followed by soft flapping. Ally turned and saw the dragon landing on her shoulder, his talons squeezing against her shoulder almost reassuringly. She lifted a finger to brush against his scaly head, feeling the grooves of them before turning back to Damien again. "Then who are you asking?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi walked back into Corner Sweets, humming to herself a box held protectively in front of her. "Hey, Ally. The dragon seems to have a personality of its own." She said, putting her box on a table close to the counter and sat down.

anon

"Mm." Ally wasn't sure how she would answer. None of her creations ever exactly had a personality of its own. Purposely so. But she wasn't exactly sure how to explain the dragon's nature. "They're generally...more of an evolution from my subconscious at the time of their creation." She nodded at the box. "What have you got there?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences