A Heart's Wish (GM: Swashbuckler and Loves) all welcome

Started by Loves, February 23, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loves

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 26, 2015, 05:54:44 PM
:) I will work up something tonight for approval. I only ask about the male character because I might like to try that at a later date.

That would be great, Juggtacular. Either one would be very interesting. :D

I will put a reserve on Mulan for you. I look forward to seeing her sheet.
And welcome to the game

Loves :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Dez

Sooooooooooo... I have a question, please.... I found that Cinderella's father was a Baron Hardup, yet I've named her with a different last name. Should I use Hardup as her last name, or am I allowed to use something different?

Thanks!!!!

Loves

That name make me smile.
;)

You can change her name to anything you would like.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rave

I'm just going to put a little flag of interest for King Triton if he's not taken yet~

Juggtacular

Ariel came all the way to the real world...and her dad followed her, lol.

Loves

Quote from: Rave on February 26, 2015, 09:16:41 PM
I'm just going to put a little flag of interest for King Triton if he's not taken yet~

I have your messages, I'm just waiting to talk with my co-GM about your request.

:)
Sorry for the wait
Loves
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rave

Quote from: Loves on February 26, 2015, 09:24:27 PM
I have your messages, I'm just waiting to talk with my co-GM about your request.

:)
Sorry for the wait
Loves

Of course!
I'm just reserving some interest in the character is all~

Tinkertoy

I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY considering whipping up a Tiger Lilly after finding some amazing pics....

*chews bottom lip and thinks*

If I were, would there be any interest to those already playing to play with her?

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Dez

Loves

Quote from: Tinkertoy on February 27, 2015, 12:14:30 AM
I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY considering whipping up a Tiger Lilly after finding some amazing pics....

*chews bottom lip and thinks*

If I were, would there be any interest to those already playing to play with her?

Wonderful pictures! I always loved Tiger Lilly in the Disney cartoon.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Was thinking of Robin Hood, but got distracted by an awesome concept for Jack Frost instead... Stupid brain...
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

Quote from: skyre on February 27, 2015, 06:15:18 AM
Was thinking of Robin Hood, but got distracted by an awesome concept for Jack Frost instead... Stupid brain...

Jack Frost is an interesting idea.  Though you know that he wouldn't be the "real" Jack Frost.  He would come from a story, so at best he would have parlour tricks, nothing like the powers he would have if he was the one and only actual Jack Frost.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Swashbuckler

And a reminder, anyone thinking of a character from a story that already has a character approved, please at least reach out to that person.   Even if it is from a different version, it will make things smoother for all concerned.

Hazy Sky

Yeah... I've been looking and Jack Frost doesn't really figure as a major character in most stories. He's mentioned in lots or turns up as a peripheral character, but not a major one. As such I'm not sure he quite fits the framework you've laid out with Swash.. He would have been very confused nd uncomfortable with it being summer. Hmm... I'm tempted to keep him in reserve, but currently he's interesting me more than Robin Hood, which is maddening.
I would never dream of giving him loads of powers Loves, you know me better than that. Besides Jack Frost doesn't actually seem to be very powerful from what I can tell. It's Father Winter who gets all the good stuff.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

I know you wouldn't. But I thought I would mention it so those reading wouldn't get any ideas ;)

You know, a character doesn't have to feature in a story, they just have to be part of one so that they can stumble into the doorway between the two worlds.
His might not have been a choice to go over. Maybe he fell into it, and then wants to go home.

It's a thought and a different take since majority of our characters might feel they like reality over fantasy

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

In which case....
I formally undibs Robin Hood and Little John and I will introduce Aufeis Nilas instead... A bearded man whose breath chills the back of your neck, who always speaks in a whisper, whose blue eyes twinkle and from whose footsteps frost crackles away like diamonds.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

All righty then. I shall add him to the list shortly.
;)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Lady Kitsune

So I have been struggling with a Mulan concept, mostly because I want to take the Disney version and the Ballad and put them in a pot and give it a little mix. As there are multiple stories regarding characters, we pick one and run with it? And The Libras....Did somebody watch The Librarians? :)
I am working on it, I swear!

Juggtacular

I thought you were gonna go with Jack Frost from the Guardians.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 27, 2015, 09:20:29 AM
I thought you were gonna go with Jack Frost from the Guardians.

Haven't seen it, so that would be difficult. :)
No, this is an original concept loosely based off some old folk stories. He's coming together nicely and is also aligning himself against being free, which I find interesting...

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

To be fair, Jack in Guardians is only like 14 years old (at least in the books the movie was based off of... I don't know why they decided to make him seem like an adult in the movies), so that would be kind of creepy. He's also in the grand scheme of things not that powerful at all. Without his staff he's got almost no power to bring to the party, and even with the staff, he's nowhere near as powerful as say... Elsa.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Loves

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 27, 2015, 09:18:47 AM
So I have been struggling with a Mulan concept, mostly because I want to take the Disney version and the Ballad and put them in a pot and give it a little mix. As there are multiple stories regarding characters, we pick one and run with it? And The Libras....Did somebody watch The Librarians? :)

I have watched it, yes. But only one or two episodes. My tv usually gets taken over by teenage boys :p

As for the character, her knowledge should be based on the story she is in. But we are allowing ppl to mix the versions a bit for the sheets.

If that makes sense to you

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Deamonbane

*stops self before suggestion the Mulan picture again*

Also, would the characters be left only knowing their native language, or would they be able to understand and speak English? Would be an interesting character development thingie, but it would be a hard barrier to cross for just about all the characters (Even the British ones, who would be stuck speaking in old english)
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Loves

The stories told were in the English language, so it's a safe bet that they all spoke English, regardless of where the story originated.

What do you think Swasy?
I would say it would just be easier that way.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Bloodied Porcelain

Please just let everyone speak normal modern English. You can explain it away by going "BECAUSE MAGIC". Or hell, most of these stories have been translated in to almost every language by now, so in theory the characters could just be walking rosetta stones. Cause frankly... I'm not on board to watch any language get butchered, but I get exceptionally twitchy over people misusing Old English. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.