Captured during war - Stockholm Syndrome (Historical)

Started by VelvetSatin, March 01, 2017, 11:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelvetSatin

I am looking to do a role play that deals with stockholm syndrome. I am mainly interested in a historical time frame. My main interest is the American Revolution but I am also willing to do World War II as well.

First idea:

It is 1777 and we are in the thick of the American Revolution. My character is a shy, young Colonist girl about the age of 17 or 18 and she lives with her family taking care of the home. The British raid her village and in the middle of the night, they pillage her home and threaten her family with their muskets and bayonets. Your character could be a high ranking officer in his mid 20's who captures mine and forces her to go with him back to the British camp. She is difficult and often tries to escape. Keeping her as his personal servant, she continues to resist him often being defiant. Eventually however, she begins to yield as she becomes closer to him when she's is forced to stay in his tent. When she has the chance to go back to her people, will she? Or will she choose to stay with the British? Perhaps he could use her to spy on her own people. She could give him valuable information that he could take back to the Generals. She may even turn against her own family.

Second idea:

It's World War II and my character could be a poor Polish girl who's family finds themselves in the middle of the war. Being abducted by a German officer, she finds herself faced with the reality that she as well as her family could die. In order to survive, she must endure the tortures that her captor puts her through. She must find a way to feel some sort of attachment even though (at first) she is repulsed and scared. She could be faced with more horrors that the German officer has to save her from. In the process, she develops feelings for him and realizes that she cannot exist without him. If she were to be freed, she would certainly find herself in a grave situation. She needs him for protection. She becomes bonded to her captor.

I see that both of these role plays will utilize the concept of dominance/submission. I am willing to work out more details with those who are interested. I am okay with darker themes as I could see that working with both ideas.

It doesn't matter to me what gender you are. I am just looking for someone to play the male character. Also, while you don't have to be a scholar, please have some understanding of the time periods. I tend to write long posts which could consist of 3+ paragraphs long. I like a lot of detail and I like to get a feel for what the characters are all thinking and feeling. I do enjoy communicating with my partners and like to periodically send PM's to continually collaborate on new ideas etc.

If you are interested please send me a PM. I am willing to consider other ideas as well.