BattleTech 3057 - Recruiting players and co-GMs for new run.

Started by Wargtass, October 27, 2013, 06:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

hello everyone how are you all doing?

I was wondering if I could join the unit...recently dusted off an old copy of mech commander 2 [staying at a friends and they had it] and had an fun time playing through it

Phaia

Sara Nilsson

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Wargtass on November 09, 2013, 04:49:26 PM
8 JumpJets. Jumping fucking Jesus!  ;D

Btw, all of you, I am just waiting for character sheets. If there is anything you are waiting for, poke me.
If the clan invasion ended before Brooklyn left Princefield Academy, would it be likely that any enemies he made in the nobility would be able to stifle any potential career in the military?

I honestly can't connect how he went from academy graduate to mercenary, while still possessing a Jaegermech.  So far, I'm thinking 'mysterious circumstances', but it's a bit weak.  Any suggestions would be handy.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Thorne

You need a reprise of mine, Warg?

And, for background purposes, does anyone want to discuss what they might have got up to with Ailis in the past seven years?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Blobbe

TheGlyphstone

Pilot

Name: Alroy Fletcher-Yoshikawa
Sex: Male
BattleMech: King Crab
Homeworld: Solaris VII (Xolaras Suburbs)
Original Faction: Marik

Description: In his mid-to-late 40's, short (5'5"), with a barrel-chested wrestler's build. Brown hair kept trimmed back to a close shave, green eyes, missing his left ear. Wound scars laced across his torso and right arm - his left arm is unscarred, but he favors his right for anything needing manual dexterity.

Background:
Born to a pair of Free Worlds League ex-patriates, grew up in Solaris City watching Mechwarrior duels and working in scrap and salvage yards. Lacking the patronage to become a professional duelist, he signed on with a mercenary regiment and shipped off-planet. His career from that point was long and varied, but unexceptional, serving in campaigns for every major House and across a good portion of the Inner Sphere.
His luck changed - somewhat - when he saved the life of a minor nobleman of House Kurita, the elderly and childless warrior adopted him and gifted him with the antique but functional King Crab KGC-000 battlemech that had been his own 'Mech for decades. This upset the Kurita nobleman's extended family to see such a valuable machine go outside their own bloodline, forcing Alroy to flee outside their reach with his prize. he drifted from contract to contract, serving with with mercenary groups for as long as they can afford the upkeep of his Crab, and eventually fell in with Kilroy's Old Bones. A small but well-equipped unit that specialized in precision missions unsuited for a larger force, the Old Bones had the income stream to support a King Crab's maintenance fees and appreciated the vicious armor-busting firepower of its autocannons - a friendship rapidly formed with the company's other Assault mech pilot.
The arrival of the Clans, and the war that followed, pushed Alroy to his limits, including an addiction to stim injections that took several years to recover from, and eventually a forced confrontation with his estranged adopted family. An emergency contract to defend a Kuritan fringe world from Clan Smoke Jaguar was bought up by the Old Bones, and only upon arrival did Alroy learn it was the Yoshikawa family that was backing the deal, driven to desperate measures in the face of ruin. When the Smoke Jaguars were driven off, though, it forced the Yoshikawa to come to terms with reality and accept that Alroy was at least somewhat worthy of his inheritance. There was too much bad blood and prejudice to allow any sort of reconciliation, but it would mean an end to the irregular but periodic assassins, in return for formal agreement that should Alroy die childless, the King Crab and the rest of his 'inheritance' would revert back to the main family line.

Personality: Jovial and friendly, but reserved. He has a tendency towards introspection, making cryptic comments and perfectly content to sit staring into space and reliving old memories for long stretches of time. Fending off a smattering of bargain-budget but commendably enthusiastic assassins over the years courtesy of his 'adoptive family' have left him with a lingering distrust of anyone visibly of Kurita heritage, though he tries to hide it - the cold reconciliation during the Clan Invasion did little to solve this. He still calls himself by his original name, and keeps the ceremonial katana due to the heir of any Kuritan noble line stored away in his cabin whenever possible.

Speciality Skills: Skilled mechanic, accomplished personal hand-to-hand combatant, writes poetry.

BattleMech Characteristics

Alroy's antique King Crab, which he calls 'Tanya' for a reason not yet explained, is a true relic dating back centuries; assuming authenticity, one of its few remaining original parts is its cockpit builder's plate that names it Production Unit #079, part of the very first production run before Kerensky left on the Exodus. It was the prize possession of the Yoshikawa family for countless generations until he obtained it as adoptive inheritance from the then-current owner, and he took it for its own. For a long time, he resisted making any alterations or upgrades in respect to his 'adoptive father's belief that a war machine would lose its soul if the soul could not recognize its home, but the crucible of the Clan Invasion tested his resolve. He eventually compromised by creating a half-and-half variant between the original design and the field-modified Clanbuster models by replacing one Autocannon-20 with a Gauss Rifle, vastly expanding his engagement range at a minimal loss of firepower.

Chassis: King Crab KGC-000.5
Weight Class: Assault
Callsign: Vicegrip
Description: Visibly extremely old with a hodgepodge of newer replacement components, under a desert camo patterning.

Loadout:
(R) Deathgiver AC/20
(L) Gauss Rifle
Bulldog Large Laser
Coventry Starfire LRM-15

Modules:
CASE (Right Torso)
CASE II (Left Arm)

Upgrades:
Ferro-Fibrous Armor

General Armor Values: 16 tons, 286 points
H: 3/9
LT: 21/32
RT: 21/32
CT: 31/45
LA: 17/34
RA: 17/34
RL: 21/34
LL: 21/34
Rear: 10/12/10

Wargtass

Quote from: Wheresmycow on November 09, 2013, 05:04:46 PM
If the clan invasion ended before Brooklyn left Princefield Academy, would it be likely that any enemies he made in the nobility would be able to stifle any potential career in the military?

I honestly can't connect how he went from academy graduate to mercenary, while still possessing a Jaegermech.  So far, I'm thinking 'mysterious circumstances', but it's a bit weak.  Any suggestions would be handy.

Plenty of mercenary units in the BT-universe are rather prestigious. Being a mercenary doesn't even come close to the stigma that is attached to the profession in our time. They are very romanticized in Inner Sphere media, being the focal points for holovids, books and even rewritten plays among the nobility. Which reminds me, I must finish up the intro to include the company's history and roster.

Quote from: Thorne on November 09, 2013, 05:12:24 PM
You need a reprise of mine, Warg?

And, for background purposes, does anyone want to discuss what they might have got up to with Ailis in the past seven years?

Yes please on the reprise.  ;D

Quote from: KaylaM on November 09, 2013, 06:28:44 PM
DO you want us to post sheets here or PM them?

Quote from: Wargtass on October 27, 2013, 06:00:30 PM
- Post your CS here in the thread. If there are certain points you want to keep secret, PM me the details.

As quoted above.
O/O

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Wargtass on November 10, 2013, 12:34:15 AM
Plenty of mercenary units in the BT-universe are rather prestigious. Being a mercenary doesn't even come close to the stigma that is attached to the profession in our time. They are very romanticized in Inner Sphere media, being the focal points for holovids, books and even rewritten plays among the nobility. Which reminds me, I must finish up the intro to include the company's history and roster.
Hmm, so I think after graduating, he was refused any positions within the army due to nobles of his class using their connections to shut him out.  After a few years of wandering, and getting increasingly jaded, he found himself joining the mercenary company and proving his skills there.  Sound good enough?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Wargtass

O/O

Blobbe

Work in progress. No, I don't have a name or appearance as yet beyond "female", but that's allways an issue with me. More of seeing if what I had so far was okay.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Pilot

Name: (TBD)
Sex: Female
Homeworld: Caph
Original Faction: Federated Commonwealth

Description: (TBD)

Background: If any world could be best used to sum up the damage wrought by the Succession Wars, it would be Caph. At the height of the Star Leauge it was a part of the Terran Hegemony, a world of wealth, high tech industries and research and unique megafauna. Three centuries of warfare had left it a shell of its former self, with two of its three continents uninhabitable, its population shrunken by nearly eighty percent, its industries and universities reduced to rubble and its unique wildlife extinct. As can be imagined, the population of Caph had long memories and little love for the so-called “great houses”.

(Name) was pretty typical of that belief. While well-off by her world’s standards with ties to an old, well-established family, it was not hard to grow up with an attitude of “what have the successor lords done for us?” As they grew up, they developed a desire to get away from the wasteland that their ancestral homeworld had become, as well as a desire to live their own life. As soon as she reached their majority (and received a chunk of family trust that had been held for them), (name) was off, leaving Caph and not looking back.

After a couple of years of “bumming around” (her words), she would up on Outreach, managing to fall in with a small mercenary company who needed a filler. Having done a round of compulsory training with the planetary milita, (name) showed an aptitude for ‘Mech piloting, one that was enough to earn her a billet and a paycheck. Two years later she chose not to renew her contract, rather setting out on her own with a range of newly marketable skills and a brand new BattleMech to boot.

Personality: (Name) is head-strong and rebellious, with a desire to do what she wants and not what is expected of her. She does have enough sense to buck down and follow orders in the field, but at the same time she expects her superiors to have earned their rank rather then have it given to her. She has an inherent distrust of nobility and especially the ruling houses of the Successor States, having seen what their wars and ambitions did to her homeworld.

Despite her desire to get off-world, she does have a degree of attachment to Caph, especially given that she has family there. Recent events, especially the collapse of the planet’s central government into warring city-states concerns her, something that she tries not to let show.

Speciality Skills: (name) has an interest in Star League-era artifacts and history, especially when it comes to the worlds of the former Terran Hegemony. She speaks a smattering of bits of several languages as a result of her time spent travelling.

BattleMech: Dragon Fire
Weight Class: Heavy
Callsign: Copperhead
Description: (name’s) ‘Mech is practically brand new, having never seen any real combat. The ‘Mech is currently painted with a green and yellow, snake-like pattern

Loadout:
Zeus Slingshot Gauss Rifle
Mydron Excel LB-X-10 Autocannon
Exostar Large Laser
2 Defiance B4M Medium Pulse Lasers

Modules: CASE, Guardian ECM Suite

Upgrades: XL Engine, Endo Steel Structure.

Terian

Wheresmycow

Here's the completed character sheet.  I might edit small things later, but this is pretty much it.

Brooklyn
Pilot

Name: Brooklyn
Homeworld: Atreus
Original Faction: Inner Sphere

Description: Slightly taller than average height.  Brown hair, blue eyes.  Clean shaven.  Has tattoo of skull with three dice in its mouth, showing sixes, on upper left arm.

Background: Not much is really known about Brooklyn before he came to the Princefield Military Academy.  Born into a common but well-to-do family, he didn't make much in the way of a waves.  It was when the clan invasion came that he gained significance by being one of the few commoners to be admitted to the prestigious academy.  Brooklyn quickly demonstrated his skills and abilities, readily absorbing the material and studying hard.  His professors noted a particularly patriotic spirit, and transcripts records indicated he had transferred from another lesser academy focusing on the arts.  However, his fellow classmates, mostly nobles, didn't particularly take kindly to what they felt was a common upstart, and there were frequent conflicts.  Things became particularly heated when he qualified for the BattleMech program.  However, Brooklyn persevered.

Unfortunately, his efforts seemed for not as after graduating, the clan invasion war was over.  Despite his training and education, he was also denied any position in the Free World League's military that was reasonable for his training.  The nobles in his class hadn't forgiven his 'transgressions' and used their political power to stifle any potential career for him.  While he served for a year, he left and wandered for a few more years, before joining up with the mercenary company, his patriotism worn away.

Personality: Professional mercenary.  "Fuck bitches, get paid" attitude.  Primary goal is getting his share, his payday.  However, team is important.  The team is how he makes his money, so will not cheat them at all.  Enlightened self-interest.  Outside of that, pretty mellow personality.  Calm, doesn't get excitable easily.  Dry sense of humour when it shows itself.  Can become very intense and focused.

Specialty Skills:
Practices Tai Chi and Yoga.
Magic tricks, especially card tricks and sleight of hand.
Gun enthusiast and practices with them, favourite being long guns.

BattleMech: Jaegermech
Weight Class: Heavy
Callsign: Payday
Description: Gray with tan tiger stripes markings.  Picture of a bunny girl wearing a skimpy soldier uniform, bills in cleavage, blowing a kiss with one hand while holding sniper rifle in the other.

Loadout: Gauss Rifle, Large Laser, Medium Laser

Modules: Anti-Missile System, Beagle Active Probe, C3 Slave, Double Heat Sink x2

Upgrades: Endo-steel armor
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Thorne

Alright. Here's a reprise of my sheet. No mods to her 'Mech as yet - those come in once Warg's okay'd the sheet. >.>

I was wondering if she couldn't scrounge up an ER laser or two, if not some better armor or even ... *gasp* some double heat sinks.

Ailis Ciarach

Name: Ailis Ciarach
Sex: Female
Callsign: Babh
BattleMech:  Wolfhound Grisel
Homeworld: Somewhere in Skye Province
Original Faction: Lyran Alliance

Description: Physically, Ailis is easily overlooked - literally overlooked, by most people. She's small, deceptively cute, with short red haired, golden-tan skin spangled with freckles, and delicate. Her normal dress, either loose fatigues and a snug t-shirt, or a moderately grubby coverall, does little to remove the initial impression. Neither does the ubiquitous boot-knife, the leather and wire choker with a wolf's tooth focal, or the matching arm-band.

Personality: There is a lot of attitude packed into that tiny frame, tied up with a thick brogue and a cocky little grin. The only thing missing is the
arrogance that some claim typifies the Mechwarrior - Ailis makes up for it with a code of honour that makes her something of an oddity amongst many of her peers.

Background: Ailis' career could be accurately described as eccentric. Trained in the School of Hard Knocks, she spent a year or two with a small mercenary company. Since a nasty run in that largely gutted that company, she went looking for work and found the Bones. She's been with them since.
Her 'Mech, nicknamed Grisel, was picked up as salvage from the aftermath of her first battle. It is largely stock, although Ailis always has an eye peeled for upgrades.

I've been called a lot of things in my life. Heartless. Blood-thirsty. Cold. The boys say I've no care for anything that isn't my 'Mech, or the field ... well. They're about half right. Some get into this line of work for honour, for glory - how'd that line go? Blood and Honour! Bloody work, and little reward - but I'm a good shot, and possessed of steady nerves, so I earn my pay. ... and all I can spare goes home.
   Home, where my sisters sleep, dreaming in safety. Home, where my parents wait, praying that my ashes don't salt the ground I died on. Home, where I might return, if I live that long. I'm not in this for glory. I might be one of the few... but I'm in this for them and my blood pays for their lives.

Ailis closed the book and leaned back, the plaintive strains of Devotee's newest release caressing her ear. ".. the stars wait with us, they say/ And they say that the stars ever burn.
   They've been saying that for a long time. Ailis thought, with a wry chuckle, as she examined the playlist and the lyrics. She's been on a 'myths and legends' kick for a while. And they say that the stars will return/From the depths of the night,/from the cold reach of darkness they burn./And maybe, someday, they'll return. Heh. Wonder how many caught the reference? Ailis shut the 'player off and straightened. There was work to be done yet. Have to replace that faulty myomer - hope my order finally came in. That benighted idiot in procurement has only screwed it up three times.

Eight years ago:

Muted scrapes and thumps led Marcus out to the back. He followed the sounds to the pile of unsorted scrap, and watched for a minute or two, letting his eyes adjust to the dim light. Eventually, he picked out the thin form of one of the many, many kids, adding to a meagre income with whatever he could steal. Marcus had seen a lot of those kids, many of them orphaned, most of them already living from hand to mouth. It didn't stop him picking this one off the pile with one hand.
   She bit him. Marcus managed to keep a grip on the skinny child, even in his surprise and pain. "Here now - stop that! What're ye aboot, lass?!" He carried her into better light, and blinked. He recognised her - the wide green eyes and unruly auburn hair were unmistakable. "Well, now. Decided t' try theft, instead, then."
   "That or starve." The child hissed back.
   Marcus grunted. "Aye. I wager ye'll not starve in th' gaols."
   "No!" The child twisted, kicking out. She had the right idea, but the wrong angle, the old soldier in Marcus noted. Lithe and quick, she tried again, and Marcus pinned her, turning out her pockets quickly. She had a good eye, too.
   Marcus thought, ignoring the increasingly more frantic squirming. "Settle down. I've a proposition - nay, lass, settle yer hackles and listen." He held up one of the components. "Ye've a good eye."
   "I told you that yesterday." The child had gone still, but he could see the fire still snapping in her eyes.
   "Aye, true enough. And I didna believe ye." He leaned down. "But food is easier t' steal than components, inn't lass?" She looked away, colour staining her cheeks, and he nodded. "Ye can't steal food enough for all those who need it, can ye."
   "Nay." She had gone limp, the fire gone.
   Marcus nodded. "Then, as I said, I've a proposition for ye. Ye're right enough about me needing an assistant. Ye're still too small t' make a good job of it - but if ye can sort those piles, I'll pay ye for that."
   She tensed, and her eyes searched his, looking for a trap. Marcus waited silently, and did not let himself smile when she finally nodded. "Alright then, lass. Now - ye've made a start, ye might as well finish 'er up." He straightened, releasing her. He pretended to ignore the flash of gratitude in her eyes as she returned to the pile.

Marcus watched her, as weeks turned to months and months to years. As she grew to trust him, to look up to him, he learned what had happened to her family, that she was responcible for lives other than her own. That she had put her dreams and desires aside for their sake. He saw the raw hunger - and the talent - as she manuevered 'mechs in and out of slips, the way a machine moved almost like a living thing under her hand.
   His customers saw it too. When she was denied entrance to the Naglering, on grounds of insufficient funds and training, a few of them took her on instead. They taught her to read a battlefield - and an opponent. They taught her to do more than just manuever a machine - for the men of that battered garrison, Ailis was almost a mascot as much as she was a student.
   They never expected her to step up and become more than that - for all the hours of drilling and training, it still came as a surprise to them when she 'borrowed' a 'Mech to help them fight off an attack. When the dust settled, the garrison commander was torn. He considered the girl as she stood in front of him. Sweat still slicked her skin, and strands of dark red hair clung to her face, despite the braids.
   "By all rights, I should have you horse-whipped." Cedric informed her, quietly. "At the same time, without your quick thinking, we would have lost." He watched her, watched her hands twitch as she seemed to shrink slightly. "So. What have you to say for yourself?"
   Ailis looked down at the floor for a long moment. "I dinnae have anythin' t' say, sir. I was watchin' th' fight. I saw what was happenin', when they started th' flank. I knew ye hadna th' men t' hold th' line if they did it. But... if I borrowed Grisel, I could get there in time. An' one could hold th' pass, if I got there before they did. I should ne'er have done it ... but.. I couldna' watch ye fall."
   Cedric nodded slowly. He had seen what Ailis had left of the flanking manuever, in Grisel. "Rest of the month. Active drill." He eyed her. "Full load." Her eyes widened, and he winked at her, before the stone mask fell back into place.
   "Aye, sir." Ailis' gaze dropped again to the floor, and she slipped out silently. She knew what 'active drill' meant - it meant she would be running with the infantrists for the next three weeks. And as much as they liked her, there would be no mercy for her - they would, and they could, and they did run her until she collapsed, one way or another.

A year later:

Ailis leaned against the doorframe, listening to her siblings playing. Nearby, Siobhan watched Ailis. She had grown some - better food and exercise had filled out and hardened her tiny frame - but Siobhan could not, quite, imagine Ailis getting much bigger. 
     "Are you sure about this, Ailis?" Siobhan asked, finally. Her soft Gaelic lilt fractured a little, and Ailis winced.
     "Aye. I'm sure." Ailis leaned her head back. "Da would never admit it, but ... no. No, we talked. He agrees - it's the only way. Cedric's agreed to sponsor me - he couldn't get me into the Naglering, but he said .. he knows some people. He can get me a good posting, at least. He'd rather not, but after the trouble with those other mercs..."
     Siobhan winced. "And you're sure that's been dealt with? They're not going to come looking for you?"
     Ailis sighed. "I'm sure. They might come after /me/ - but not you." She sighed, thinking about the 'Mech now in the garrison's 'Mech bay, waiting. It's former owner would probably not be making any bets like that one again - but then, he wasn't like to forget it either, nor his commander, or any of the rest. Ailis found a smile for her mother. "Don't worry, Mama. I'll be fine. Harris swears up and down this is a good bunch. And I'll send you all I can."
     Siobhan snorted, then doubled up coughing. When she finally recovered, she straightened. "Pfah, money. I don't care about money."
     Ailis winced again, listening. "To be sure, I'd rather not have to - but it's a fact, you need it. Marcus agreed to apprentice Camden and Laila. Harris found me a good posting - an old friend of his, he said. Between us, you should be okay - all of you." She ran her hands over her hair and folded her arms, looking away. "Anyway... I.. I want to go. I can /do/ this, I know I can. And I want to. It's.. it's not like I'm being forced."
     Siobhan sighed. "Write often."
     "Of course!" Ailis dropped to a crouch, leaning gently against her mother's legs. "Of course I will." She felt a shaking hand stroking her hair, tucking one of the long braids back and straightening the fluffy 'tail. "And I'll visit when I can." If I can, she thought, with a sigh.
     "I know you will." Siobhan sucked in a breath, then leaned back. "You're ready?"
     Ailis nodded. "Packed. Said goodbye to Da. Still have to tell the rest."
     "Go, then. You don't want to be late." Siobhan lifted her hand, and watched, her vision blurring, as Ailis straightened and walked away. A trail of moisture tickled her cheek, and she wiped it away, saying nothing.
     Ailis needed a good fifteen minutes to explain to her siblings and bid them farewells. Her youngest sister gave her that very serious look she sometimes got, then ran off. She came back, clutching her favorite doll.
     "Here."
     "Ahh.. Sanna.. I can't take Mirmir.. she's your doll."
     Sanna's lower lip pouted. "You need her more than I do." She shoved the doll at Ailis again. 
     Ailis eyed the doll, then her sister, and the corner of her mouth quirked. "Alright. Alright - don't look at me like that." She crouched down, grunting at the strength of Sanna's hug. "I'll take good care of her."
     "You better." Sanna turned and ran then, and Ailis sighed, as she heard the curtain slap against the wall. She carefully tucked the doll into her rucksack, already resigning herself to a certain amount of teasing for possessing it. It fit very well with the other tokens - a piece of agate one of her brothers had found on a long-ago trip, polished smooth from years in a riverbed. Laila gave her a tooth, fashioned into a necklace with the help of a little wire and some leather cord. Camden had helped the rest make a bracelet to match, although Ailis wore it as an armband, instead. Small things. Little pieces of home, to carry with her wherever she went.
     Ailis paused in the doorway, taking in the familiar surroundings. Then she closed her eyes and stepped off the stoop. ... and if you're not careful, it'll sweep you away... she chuckled softly, as she opened her eyes, and lengthened her stride. The road could take her where it would. Someday, one way or another she would come back. With her shield... or on it.

"Ye sure?"
     "I restored 'er, didn' I?" Ailis eyed the towering hulk of the Wolfhound. Taken as salvage from the self-same battle she had piloted Grisel in to such devastating effect, she had taken on the project of restoring the thing to working order. "Seems appropriate. 'Sides, ye know th' boss'd chop his own leg off afore handin' Grisel - his Grisel - over t' me." She snickered. 
     "Aye, that he would." Leonard snickered. "Still - ye knocked a fair chunk out of 'er..."
     "An' yer point?" Ailis grinned. "Ye know th' Wolfhound's a solid 'Mech - I'd have t' have done more'n kick 'er legs out from under her t' finish 'er off."
     "Gah, teach me t' argue with a bonafide expert." Leonard snorted. "Alright. Ye be careful." 
     Ailis shrugged. "If somethin' does happen.."
     "Aye, aye. But still. YOU. Be careful." Leonard prodded her in the ribs. "Ye're a little bit of a thing - half th' Mechwarriors out there got weight on ya outside a 'Mech."
     "Half of everybody." Ailis shrugged. "Been so all m' life. Ya fuss like an' old henwife!"
     Leonard swelled up like a fighting cock-bird, as Ailis had known he would, and blustered all the way to the Dropship, where they were loading the Wolfhound in. Ailis' new company commander eyed her with some skepticism - Cedric might have spoken well of the girl, but she looked to him like half a child, standing next to the stockier figure of Leonard McAree.
     "You Ailis Ciarach?"
     "Aye. An' ye'd be Thomas Aubrecht, of th' Silver Legacy Company." Ailis grinned a bit as she snapped to attention. 
     "Well ... get on with you." Aubrecht looked dubious still, but he waved her past, and watched as she jogged up the passenger ramp, after a good long look at the crew loading her 'Mech. "I was expecting someone ... taller."
     "Aye. She'll do ye well, though." Leonard sighed. "Hate t' see 'er go."

"Two six!" Henny's voice was high-pitched and strained. "Two-six! Damnit, Babh, where ARE you?"
     "Keep yer britches on.." Ailis muttered.  She had Grisel half on all fours, stalking crouched - feeling her way step by cautious step through a miasma of smoke and airborne dirt. "An' all patrols...." She muttered, freezing. An enemy 'Mech paused, leaned forward, as Ailis took a bead. "LOOK OUT!" She roared, at the same time Grisel's heavy laser fired. The other 'Mech straightened - but it was too late. Ailis had had the time and opportunity - and the melted, burned hole in the cockpit told the tale. 
     "Jeeezus, Babh.." Henry's voice whispered. "You scared the piss out of me."
     "Yer welcome. Now get'cher ass out here an' help me get these sassenach straightened out!" Ailis watched her readouts nervously as the smoke began to clear. 
     "Where's the boss?!"
     "I dinnae know! Now get OUT here! There's two left, an' we've got I dinnae know how many left of the Silvers!" Ailis startled herself with the power of her own voice, but it got Henry out of his hiding place. With his help, she could chase off the remaining enemies - most of them, at least. Enough to find enough of the others to regroup and chase them off for good.
     It wasn't enough. What remained of them in the aftermath was barely enough for a lance, and the lieutenant reluctantly disbanded the company, once he had done a proper accounting. Most of them headed for Solaris. Ailis headed for Outreach. From there, she joined the Bones, and has been with them ever since.

(Someone want to write in some background on that, toss me a PM - the inbox, it is always open.)

Speciality Skills:
Considered a decent mechanic/weapons tech. Computers hate her, and the feeling is mutual.
Ailis swears up and down she doesn't have a hobby other than books, but she turns out pretty good camoflage designs, for someone who doesn't paint.
She collects knives, and she's never seen without one. She is quite skilled with them, or without them, albeit this is not common knowledge outside the unit.

Chassis: WLF-1
Weight Class: 35 tons
Callsign: Babh
Description: Ailis generally has the help of a friend to keep Grisel's paint job in good order. The camoflage patterns give the suggestion of celtic knotwork in the form of a heavily stylised snarling wolf.

Loadout:
1 x Large Laser
4 x Medium Lasers

Modules: N/A

Upgrades: N/A

General Armor Values: 119

Internal         Armor
              Structure         Value
Head:             3                    9
Center Torso:    11                   16
Center Torso (Rear):       6
L/R Side Torso: 8                 11/11
L/R Side Torso (Rear):       5/5
L/R Arm:             6                 12/12
L/R Leg:             8                 16/16
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Wargtass

Quote from: Terian on November 10, 2013, 08:56:46 PM
Sort of interested, is this full yet?

Not at all! Have a seat and ask all the questions you have on your mind.

I'll check in on everyone's submissions properly tomorrow, I am a bit sleepzzzzzzzzzzzzz
O/O

Andi

Re-registering cautious interest, although I will not be returning with Parcival. Wargtass has my current offering in PM, as the timing of events may not work out and force me to re-think things.

Andi

This should now be in a postable state. Warg can always shut me up if something in here interferes with his plans.

Pilot

Name: Ivan 'Vanya' Wolf
Homeworld: Kerensky Cluster / Clan Wolf Breeding Facilities
Original Faction: Clan Wolf

Description:
Just under 5' tall, slender, surprisingly muscular for his frame. Ivan's a handsome boy / very young man, with sharp features, a prominent nose and intelligent brown eyes. While he does not wear uniform any more, he retains a preference for the dark greys of his Clan's parade colors.

Background: Ivan came to the Bones a little like the virgin got to have a child - circuituously and under unusual circumstances. IlKhan Ulric Kerensky knew as early as 3056 that the Truce of Tukayyid would be challenged, and that the Crusader Clans would try to see him bleed. His own Clan was tearing itself apart in the friction between older Wardens and younger Crusaders. The outcome of the Ward Trial of Bloodright that saw an Inner Sphere freeborn victorious was only one of the most obvious catalysts for this. And so, the old Wolf acted, slowly transferring his Clan's genetic legacies, and as many promising sibkos as he could, to the Inner Sphere in preparation for an inevitable showdown and likely Abjuration.
One such transport suffered a mis-jump that lead to its emergence over a pirate haven in the FedCom periphery. During the fighting, the ship's hull was breached; Ivan was the only one to make it into an escape pod and, eventually, planetside. Stranded, without proper documentation of citizenship, birth or anything else, and an upbringing wholly unlike that of most if not all Sphere-born youths, he took to the forests, and later streets, of the world he found himself on, making a living whatever way he could. Meaning, primarily, fighting - even with MechWarrior training, he knows a good amount about unaugmented combat, and so quickly made a bit of a name for himself among the gangs of Medellin... nomen est omen. Being not a street rat at heart, but a warrior, it was inevitable he would clash with police, and eventually had to be shipped off-planet for sentencing, there not being a single unbiased judge for the young thug. Given the choice by the judge to be sentenced or to enlist, he took the latter... and was promptly assigned to Lyran-friendly mercenaries, rather than the regulars, due to his rap sheet. This is where the Bones come in...

Personality: IVan remains somewhat uncertain of Inner Sphere customs and permissible behavior. Combined with a naturally somewhat introverted personality, this has resulted in him being more than a little shy and withdrawn outside the cockpit. At the same time, put him in a 'Mech, and he is more than happy to see how far he can push the machine. That is, after all, what they bred and trained him for before that ill-fated transfer to the Wolf OZ.

Speciality Skills: Ivan sings (currently tenor, likely baritone by the time he is fully grown), writes poetry (badly in English, somewhat more successful in Russian) and has been known to try his hand at composing, both for orchestra and synthesizers. In Clan society, he might have time to develop all those hobbies; whether he will get to with the Bones remains to be seen.

Currently dispossessed. True to Wolf form, he is at his best with long-range direct-fire weapons.

Sara Nilsson

PaladinZenaku

Ok well no one posted a opion on what I was thinking so it may be not be good idea then. So he is may pilot. Need to get the mech info for the marauder MAD-5s with the meduim pulse lasers replaced by regular meduim lasers and two tons of armor added to the sides.

Name: Robert Johnson
BattleMech: Marauder MAD-5s
Homeworld: Oceana
Original Faction: Free Worlds League
Description:

Background: Robert was the joy of his parents. His mother died when he was 2 and left his father to become the personal tactics trainer for the merc group he worked for. During sorties of the mercenaries, his father would take Robert for a underwater walk in his mech. Robert eventually grew up enough to learn how to pilot his dads mech. After he turned 20 his father bought Robert his crusader and got him into the mercenary group. A few more years went by Robert was on a mission when he heard the mercenary groups base was attacked by pirates and there was no survivors. Upon returning to Oceana, Robert took one last walk to the very spot where his father took him. After that he decided to leave Oceana and the mercenary group to find the pirates who killed his father and get revenge. It took him five years to find them, on the plus side he caught a job to kill the group. During the night, the pirates partied outside under the moonlit sky. When all of a sudden a booming voice was heard,"I can feel the cold hand of death, and the end drawing near.I've seen gods of the men, and I am what they fear." Then as it finished a streak of LRMs burst from the darkness flying straight towards their mechbay. With precision aim, the missiles slammed into the ammo crates which detonated with a thunderous explosion. As the mortal pirates looked on at their precious mechs burning in the blaze, one screamed out pointing to a large figure with one glowing blue eye. Before they could run the giant's machine guns opened up and ripped through the crowd. After killing all the pirates, Robert went on to accept any merc missions he could land. Several being protection detail, long range support, and some training on is off time. He specializes in training military's in aquatic mech drops and amphibious assaults.

After joining the Merc company Old bones, the first mission went south in a big way. Roberts crusader suffered many hits and blows from that mission it wasnt in good shape and he decided to sell it to buy a new marauder 5s with some upgrades. He also sold his fathers archer to asist the company out and to help walter get his highlander back.

Personality: He is known to be studious, intelligent, highly honourable and above all calm. His intellect is applied to rapid analysis and exploitation of conditions on the battlefield and on the decisive application of force to destroy the enemy.When angered, he undergos a transformation into an uncommonly aggressive force that will devour all who oppose him. It is hard to get back on his good side if you get him mad.

Speciality Skills: Among his time on the beautiful planet he has learned Poetry, Photography, and Scuba diving.

Mech Pic

MAD-5S Marauder
Callsign: SeaWolf
Description:His mech is painted light gray camoflauge and some blue stripes. On the right and left torso of the mech is a proud emblem of a wolf with flaming red fur.

Mass: 75 tons
Chassis: GM Marauder
Power Plant: GM 300 XL
Cruising Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Valiant Lamellor with CASE
Armament:
    1 Poland Main Model A Gauss Rifle
    2 Defiance 1001 ER PPCs
    2 Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers
Manufacturer(s):
    Bowie Industries (Carlisle / FC)
Communications System: Dalban Micronics
Targeting & Tracking System: Dalban HiRez

Overview:

Type: MAD-5S Marauder
Technology Base: Inner Sphere Level 2 3050
Tonnage: 75

Equipment      Mass
Internal Structure:            7.5
Engine:   300 XL         9.5
   Walking MP:   4
   Running MP:   6
   Jumping MP:   0
Heat Sinks:   16 [32]         6.0
Gyro:            3.0
Cockpit:            3.0
Armor Factor:   184          11.5
      Internal   Armor
      Structure   Value
   Head:   3   9
   Center Torso:   23   35
   Center Torso (Rear):      10
   R/L Torso:   16   17
   R/L Torso (Rear):      8
   R/L Arm:   12   22
   R/L Leg:   16   18

BV : 1466 Cost : 15498000
Weapons and Ammo      Location   Critical   Heat   Mass
Gauss Rifle      RT   7   1   15.0
@Gauss Rifle (8)      LT   1   0   1.0
ER PPC      RA   3   15   7.0
Medium Pulse Laser      RA   1   4   2.0
ER PPC      LA   3   15   7.0
Medium Pulse Laser      LA   1   4   2.0
CASE      RT   1   0   0.5
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Wheresmycow

My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Blobbe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157975.0

That's the OOC and company info for the old game; I'm not sure how much (if any) would still be applicable to the new game.

Wargtass

Updated the second post with some info, had to run before I could finish it though. Sorry for the delay.
O/O

Blobbe

If all's cool with the character I'll try to get her a name and face. Allways the hard part.

Anathanasia

I kinda totally and completely hate the Clan era, but I do so love Battletech...

Are you guys still recruiting?

I haven't gone through things in depth, but it looks like most everyone so far has gone for a big mech. I don't mind going go for one of the quicker mediums, PH or a Wolverine, perhaps? I can do recon role!

PS, to prove my stupidly deep knowledge of the old tabletop game:

PaladinZenaku, I believe if you count the leftover crit spaces on the 5S Marauder you've got you'll find just enough free ones to fit ferro-fibrous armour on. That is if we're being that anal about these things. Also, love that character pic... *swoon*
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Sara Nilsson

yeah i think i am the only one not in a heavy bruiser :)