Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 31, 2013, 12:41:23 AM
He said Pathfinder I assumed they were so added two one to help her as a clerical sort a birthmark of the deities holy symbol and a boost in initiative.

Wasn't really aimed at you, since I didn't look at your sheet yet  ;D

Usually DMs specify, though I've never seen them disallowed

PS:  Your picture isn't working on your post
A&A

RubySlippers

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

RubySlippers

Re Z L

A&A

Kolbrandr

I'm finding the mythweavers sheet to be glitchy as hell as far as losing bonuses I put in when I click to save it.

Re Z L

Quote from: Kolbrandr on March 31, 2013, 01:38:47 AM
I'm finding the mythweavers sheet to be glitchy as hell as far as losing bonuses I put in when I click to save it.

http://plothook.net/RPG/index.php works pretty well
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kolbrandr on March 30, 2013, 10:58:32 PM
We should have 2 Ilefarn actually, Ruby's character is going with being associated there I think.

Ok, added in.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 30, 2013, 11:11:28 PM
Amalis Rilynntlarn of Illefarn

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=543765

Basics are done lots of little details and nuances but still have some things to finish up.

Hmmm, looks fine. But need in detail check exalted feats later. Anyways in case if not clear you can swap some racial traits to others with your races so long there is good IC reason why you do not have standard kind. I example take from Ruby's char that because she is druid and lived most life in woods she had become more agile in running and stealthier.

Quote from: Re Z L on March 31, 2013, 12:30:32 AM
are traits being used?

Yes, max 2 traits. 4 if you take additional traits feat.

Quote from: who149 on March 30, 2013, 10:38:29 PM
Man. I want to join this but I don't have a lot of time to read everything this week >< (I got extra hours at work). How long before the game starts?

It starts at end of next month earliest. As my study schedules at moment would prevent active working as GM anyways so do not plan start until I have graduated.

RubySlippers

She does visit cities from time to time but she does largely prefer the wild even in elven cities. As for her feats and benefits of the Vow of Poverty will provide linky-poos for those. I will note giving up wealth entirely does offer many divine benefits to compensate and how much stuff does she need she need.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah...Vow of Poverty is, for most characters, shooting yourself in the foot with hollowpoint ammunition, but Druids have the innate class features to negate almost all of the Vow's inherent downsides, and it's quite flavorfully appropriate to boot.

RubySlippers

And one other class, Monks. They live the life almost they really just have to give up all but one weapon but do they need more than a simple quarterstaff or a dagger? But Exalted Characters must be good aligned generally.

Its still a drawback in this game all the cool noble benefits I don't get but religious service is normally considered a good reason for a noble to surrender wealth and all I suppose elves are even more tolerant than humans would be.

But has less to risk that can make her a very dangerous person you can't bribe her, can't threaten her noble holdings or marry into power through her that should make her as a chess piece unique in this game.

TheGlyphstone

That's exactly the trap I was talking about. Flavorwise, Vow of Poverty is great for monks, and all the fluff says they should benefit from it. Mechanically, it's like shooting yourself in both feet with hollow point ammo then feeding the stumps into a wood chipper. Druids, Totemists, and Wizards using an alternate class feature from Dragon Magazine that internalizes your spellbook are the only classes who don't take a massive capability drop by being unable to use any magic items.

RubySlippers

Quite true, but Clerics could in the right campaign I always wanted to play a Sharessian Cleric with the Vow of Poverty or a Bard and Cleric as a concept it could be amusing the walking force of sexual power in simple guise.

Zaer Darkwail

Also easiest way around Vow of Poverty is that people simply loan magic items for short terms to the char if there is dire need for her use wand or staff example (or some other item). Vow of Poverty does not prevent you from touching items or use them for others unable use them. They simply give up ownership of any material stuff.

Anyways I agree Ruby's char will stand out as quite unique chess piece as she cannot be threatened anyway by taking anything what she haves. Also she would not have any purpose to marry expect by love (and most nobles would not marry her as it gives them zero benefit). Only what would move her is if someone threatens her forests but it gives her excuse go berserk on them (as a druid she can be very bitchy foe to deal with as she can ruin kingdoms or noble holdings by manipulating the land against them and elves are overall quite closely attuned to nature and so are their cities).

Also druid with animal forms can kick ass and more so if she enters PrC which utilizes it and able summon elementals is nice bonus (or dire bears).

Anyways need work stats for Hathran, most likely keep it same but have some additional stuff or rule clarifications. I would imagine 'witches of rashemen' are literally witches by class also. So their Hathran class should give them progression in hexes or new unique hexes specific for Hathran.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 31, 2013, 10:35:32 AM
Quite true, but Clerics could in the right campaign I always wanted to play a Sharessian Cleric with the Vow of Poverty or a Bard and Cleric as a concept it could be amusing the walking force of sexual power in simple guise.

Ever thinked Priestess class from pathfinder? Nicci is running with one in another game. Less combat focused cleric and more 'mystic' sort.

RubySlippers

Oh she can fight, you harm the Wild or corrupt it she can do all kinds of things including hurling down lightning just with granted powers. I picture her normally be downright nice but you tick her off you will learn what wrath is.

And she has strong points she is very mobile, can go places evil beings wouldn't dare like to the home of a Nymph or in a village of sprites. And you can expect her home area to have many impassable places and nooks unless one is a druid.

But she is not under a Vow of Celibacy so can have fun there.

Re Z L

Tel'rasir Hune, Dark Elf Vivisectionist Alchemist, Noble of Ilythiir

Mad scientist extraordinaire.

Still working on it, but here's what I've got so far  ;D
A&A

RubySlippers

theLeslie

Hello.  I wanted to express some interest in taking up that last Ilythiiri slot with most likely a rogue.  I am still in the process of creation so I am curious how long I have before this game begins?  If I missed that question and answer in all the posts already, I do apologize for being redundant, and also for repeating things already said. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: theLeslie on March 31, 2013, 03:26:15 PM
Hello.  I wanted to express some interest in taking up that last Ilythiiri slot with most likely a rogue.  I am still in the process of creation so I am curious how long I have before this game begins?  If I missed that question and answer in all the posts already, I do apologize for being redundant, and also for repeating things already said.

Game likely starts at end of the next month. If not bit sooner depending on my studies but you got plenty of time roll a char (at least week or two guaranteed).

Re Z L

Quote from: theLeslie on March 31, 2013, 03:26:15 PM

Yay another Ilythiir Master Race member!  ;D
A&A

theLeslie

Alright, turns out I have a couple more questions! 

My first question involves the magic of the time.  As the Crown Wars happened in the beginning of Faerun's history and well pre-dates the fall of Netheril and the "death" of Mystryl, are we looking at super high magics, or just the stuff straight out of the Pathfinder book?

Second, can we take the Noble creation and instead of being a true noble, devote it towards being the leader of an organization, such as a church, a thieves guild, or a spy society?

Zaer Darkwail

Because Crown Wars happen before all disasters in future this is high magic setting and so I allow pathfinder stuff and also stuff from MIC (Magic Item Compendium, 3.5 sourcebook for magic items). Magic is everywhere and even commoner elves walk around often with magic trinket or two.

If you ponder on making person who is leading organization then said person is already given 'noble status'. The 12th level people have one way or another achieved noble status. Either by birth or by through their deeds. 12th level folk have become influential and recognized enough to be nobles. Up to you how important they are (if coming from great clans then pick proper trait present that).

PaleEnchantress

Unless someone jumps on the MxM bandwagon with me, i'll be going with the she-male option. I've been wanting an excuse to drill into Zaers head for a while now.

To that end I've had to gather some picts I like. Havnt decided on what i'll use for a character image though.

Set of Four

Another Set of Four

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, very nice pics. All look very good although in first set the fourth one would fit more to a demon consorting type than fae. Angel winged one from second set is more naughty celestial :P.