TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Good to see you back -- and I just wanted to say 'thanks' for the script.   I would miss the Snippets terribly if they weren't around. :-)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Flower

+1

I love it so much. It makes my E time more organized. (^^)

Nymphadora

Same here! Love the script!

Welcome back!

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

CrownedSun

Hey Ssieth! XD n', awesome!!!

Sain

It has been such an awesome help :-) Thank you so much Ssieth.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lady Lunarius

So, I think I had this happen before a long time ago. I've started using this again, and anytime I try to modify a post it disappears and I get an "undefined" message in my text box instead of my post.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Ssieth

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on October 08, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
So, I think I had this happen before a long time ago. I've started using this again, and anytime I try to modify a post it disappears and I get an "undefined" message in my text box instead of my post.

That one is a bug with the auto-load drafts functionality :(  I need to overhaul drafts and until I get around to it I would recommend switching that off.  It's "Auto-load draft?" under the "Drafts" section of the settings.
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Ssieth on October 08, 2018, 10:56:31 AM
That one is a bug with the auto-load drafts functionality :(  I need to overhaul drafts and until I get around to it I would recommend switching that off.  It's "Auto-load draft?" under the "Drafts" section of the settings.

Thanks deary <3 <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ssieth

Ssieth

OK - so a new version is up: v1.37.1

This version has two things in there:

1. First off, it has a fix (I hope) for the undefined bug with drafts.  Give it a whirl and see if it works for you.  Let me know if it doesn't :)
2. Secondly, I've been through the code and fixed a hell of a lot of potential issues with implied global variables.  This probably means nothing to you and hopefully, you won't notice any effect of my fixes here because it was a set of pretty obscure coding missteps that hopefully won't actually have been causing anyone any issues anyway.  Best to be sure, though, and to get it actually right :)

If your browser doesn't update it automatically then you should be able to find it here: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver

Nymphadora

Thanks so much Ssieth!

Any idea if you know if the draft and other fixes will solve that Draft issue I've been having (still) where loading a draft loads multiple instances of the draft each time I've saved it?

Quote from: Nymphadora on October 16, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
Hi Ssieth,

It would seem Drafts is doing that doubling up thing again.

I just tested it out in a PM draft I had saved yesterday.  Loaded it and it was there twice. So I cleared the draft, deleted until there was just the one instance and saved the draft. Went somewhere else, came back, loaded a new PM, loaded the draft, now there are three copies of the same text in the loaded draft.

Not a huge thing, just putting this out there so no rush.

Nymph :)

(Just tested it again and yes it is doing it still as of this morning.)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on October 10, 2018, 09:42:59 AM
Thanks so much Ssieth!

Any idea if you know if the draft and other fixes will solve that Draft issue I've been having (still) where loading a draft loads multiple instances of the draft each time I've saved it?

(Just tested it again and yes it is doing it still as of this morning.)

I'm afraid not - and I just got the 'undefined' bug again myself so I've not fixed that, either :(  Back to the drawing board....

Nymphadora

No worries at all. I'm so used to it now. Leaving line breaks makes sure I can see where one version ends and the next begins.

I guess no one else is having that kind of issue?

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Gypsy

I had that issue as well, and I also had an issue of not being able to clear drafts.    I think a lot of my problems stemmed from me posting from 3 different computers, plus occasionally a tablet.

I'd copy off a post I didn't finish to work on elsewhere, and the draft would stay with the computer I started it on, until the export settings were littered with drafts from posts long made, and sometimes I'd end up with double and triple posts in the same draft.

I just went back to composing on Gmail, and not using the drafts function.   That seems to work better for me and my ever-changing computers.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Ssieth

OK - here goes.... v1.37.4 (yeah skipped over a couple of versions whilst testing)

It should fix the issues with drafts (fingers crossed) although you might well need to clear out the old stuff via the new "Clear Drafts" option from the settings menu.

Lemme know how it goes :)

Nymphadora

Thanks Ssieth! You rock!

I'll let you know if it happens again. :)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on October 11, 2018, 05:09:08 PM
Thanks Ssieth! You rock!

I'll let you know if it happens again. :)

Thanks - I'm at most 50% certain I've fixed it but there's at least half a chance :)

Jaclyn

Greetings Ssieth,

All of a sudden quit working yesterday in Chrome 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit). Uninstalled Tampermonkey. Shut down and restarted Chrome. Reinstalled Tampermonkey and the Elliquiy Improvver 1.37.4. Now the Tampermonkey icon shows a white number 1 on red background but no suggestion I can find for what’s wrong.

Happened some short time after I added a Chrome Extension called Form History Control (https://stephanmahieu.github.io/fhc-home/ & https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/form-history-control-ii/lpcccgcdjibejkgiaeijbmkpbnbkglkb). That’s been uninstalled as well before attempting fix per above.

Suggestions please.

Ssieth

Hi there,

I've just updated to v70 of chrome and it all seems to be working OK for me - could you open up the javascript console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) and see if there are any obvious errors in there?

Jaclyn

Lots of red there. Would you prefer we move to PM to work this further?

/forums/index.php?topic=230790.msg14472138#new:1 Error parsing header X-XSS-Protection: 1, 1; mode=block: expected semicolon at character position 1. The default protections will be applied.
75Active resource loading counts reached to a per-frame limit while the tab is in background. Network requests will be delayed until a previous loading finishes, or the tab is foregrounded. See <URL> for more details
content.min.js:2 [Deprecation] Element.createShadowRoot is deprecated and will be removed in M73, around March 2019. Please use Element.attachShadow instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/4507242028072960 for more details.
(anonymous) @ content.min.js:2
VM76:62 Syntax error @ “Elliquiy Improver”!
##########################
JSHINT output:
##########################

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
    at new Function (<anonymous>)
    at Object.E_c (<anonymous>:3:304)
    at ka (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:61:380)
    at Object.create (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:72:334)
    at e (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:16:157)
(anonymous) @ VM76:62
VM76:62 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
    at new Function (<anonymous>)
    at Object.E_c (<anonymous>:3:304)
    at ka (eval at exec_fn (index.php?topic=230790.msg14472138:1), <anonymous>:61:380)
    at Object.create (eval at exec_fn (index.php?topic=230790.msg14472138:1), <anonymous>:72:334)
    at e (eval at exec_fn (index.php?topic=230790.msg14472138:1), <anonymous>:16:157)

Peripherie

I cleared out my Firefox Add-Ons and put GreaseMonkey back in place after using TamperMonkey for a while. I tried to reinstall the Elliquiy Improver 1.37.4. Every time I click "Install" I get the message - "User script failed to install   undefined".

Love the script! Can't wait to use it again. :)
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Andronica

I'm on a laptop I use infrequently and despite having both Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey addons installed in Firefox, the script isn't working. I don't get any errors when I hit install yet it doesn't come up on Elliquiy after refreshing the page. I also opened a new browser and tried restarting to fix the issue but got nothing. Not sure why it isn't working here but does on my other devices.

Edit: Tried to reinstall the script again via Tampermonkey and I noticed there's nothing under "current version" or "new version" in the Changes tab. I presumed the script was installed and running because Tampermonkey gave me the prompt to reinstall when I tried to add it a second time, but I guess that's not the case?

Mister Morgue

So, I'm using firefox, and it recently updated, so that might be part of the issue at the moment. However, I noticed that the script was working just fine this morning, and suddenly no longer wants to load. I've closed and restarted my browser, disabled and reenabled the script and tampermonkey itself. I disabled tamper monkey and installed the beta for tampermonkey and installed the script there just to see if that might help, but it does not.

Any ideas?

Edit: opened up the script using tampermonkey in Opera, and it worked - until I updated Opera to the latest version. So it seems to me that there's something with the latest browser updates that breaks the script? I don't know anything about script writing, but that's what it seems like to me at the moment...

:(

Hopefully things get sorted soonish, I don't know if I can function without the script XD I use it so much!

Ssieth

Hi,

Sorry for slow response here but I've been afk for a few days (and lazy for a few before those). 

Hokay.. the easy answers first.  GreaseMonkey doesn't run the script any more since they ditched backwards compatibility for some features a while back.  I'm afraid it has to be TamperMonkey.  So if you are using GreaseMonkey to try and run the script then you'll need to move over to TM.

New versions of browsers... hmmm... this is an odd one.  I'm using firefox 63.0.1 (64 bit) and it seems to be working OK.  This seems to be the latest version and it was working OK with 63.0.0 as well... 

With Chrome I'm using 70.0.3538.77 (64 bit) and it seems to be working OK there as well.

For those of you having problems - can I check if you are using 64 bit versions of the browsers?  It's a bit of a longshot but short of seeing if any of the other plugins are interfering, I'm pretty much out of immediate ideas....

I will ponder more deeply, though, to see if I can think of any other reason it might be occurring.