- status -
currently seeking, always open
available on Discord or threads

- reply times -
Monday through Friday, with a very rare weekend exception
Expect only 1-3 replies PER WEEK on a good week

Hi, hello, I'm Quent.

• I write exclusively m/m pairings.
  • I require writers 21+ with a mild preference for 25+.
  • I require characters 21+, with all of mine (including the spooky ones) being visually and mentally 25+
  • I do not write fandoms, I don't know enough about any of them.
  • I have never written a story with system/ttrpg elements and I don't even know where to begin.
  • I come equipped with my own lore for how I write my monsters. This lore is fluid and easily adaptable to whatever a partner's preference.
  • Post sizes from me range from 300-1000+ words depending on the scene, how many characters I'm writing, what's happening, etc.
  • I will not mirror length for the sake of meeting a word requirement and I don't expect you to, either.
  • I do not generally write in a college/school setting ever, it will take a VERY compelling idea to get me interested.
I am primarily a character-oriented writer and love delving into the complexities and flaws of an individual and seeing how they react and respond to the situations they are thrown into. I love conflict, violence, criminal undertones, Bad Guys doing Bad things as a general vibe. Toxic interactions, characters that keep being pulled apart as much as they are drawn together, traumatic lives, traumatic events. I crave angst as much as I crave romance, and as much as I love a cute fluff, I want that cute fluff to be the reward for a struggle. Battles with inner demons, addiction, old lives, corrupt magics, exterior forces - I love it all. Will they overcome their personal horror, or will it consume them? Either way, I feel it makes for a great story.

I'm not one to come up with big elaborate plot outlines, I prefer to have a partner that will bounce ideas around with me and nail down a concept we're both into so we can write. I'm not picky, and I have a wide range of interests as far as genres and settings go. The only really hard no I have is for realistic historical settings, I am not confident enough in my ability to stay true to the period. On that same note, I don't mind writing a very loose interpretation of an era or an alternate era inspired by the vibe of what we're looking for. I won't research in depth to be able to write about accurate events or timelines, it just doesn't interest me at all. I'm also not much of a fan of heavy military or political espionage style stories, I do not know anything of the intricacies of wartime and I don't care to look into it. Intrigue is not my forte.

• Urban fantasy? My default
  • Science fantasy? Monsters AND aliens?! Yes
  • Appalachian Gothic/Southern Gothic? YES
  • Dieselpunk dirty future? Yes
  • Post apocalyptic revival? Yes
  • Grimdark? Yes
  • Gritty horror? Classic horror? Yes
  • Early modern Lovecraftian insanity? Yes
  • Western fantasy? (Cowboy monsters) Yes
  • Romance? Duh
  • Alien mafia? Yes
  • Combos? YES, bring me your post-post apocalypse high fantasy with mutated monsters and folklore ruling what's left of humanity.
In short, BRING ME YOUR WEIRD. Quirky, unique characters with flaws and details that I can unravel and examine and love. Show me all the pictures, pinterest boards, snippets and rambling ideas. Does any of this sound cool to you? PM me, let's yak and see what we come up with.

current interests

• Southern gothic synthwave edition
  • Slice of life but with monsters doing weird shit
  • Comfortably gay/Questioning queerness
  • Unlikely couples with unusual dynamics (height differences, strong personalities, clashing natures, age differences (21+), culture clash)
  • Polyamorous couples
  • Servant/Owner, a slow romance that will only develop once trust can be shared
  • Hidden monsters
  • So, you summoned a demon. Now what?
  • Religious trauma
  • Escaping pain
  • Gratuitous drug abuse and hardcore lifestyles
  • That guy feels weird.
  • Mercenaries in space
Also! I have some blurbs located on my Discord stories ad - - give it a look! Everything there is available for threads as well, and of course I welcome any ideas from potential partners. I have nothing set in stone, discussions are encouraged and welcomed.
ONs and OFFs
Quent's Repository of Characters (under construction)

all gay, all the time
very tentatively open, still slow

EloquentArgument

Revamped, reopened. The plan is to add some plot snippets when I have more brain power.
ONs and OFFs
Quent's Repository of Characters (under construction)

all gay, all the time
very tentatively open, still slow