News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wiki and Linkage Question

Started by Vandren, February 27, 2009, 03:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Ok, I should probably know this, seeing as I'm technically one of the wiki admins, but since it involves the Groups Games Wanted board, I'll ask anyway.  (Damn that's a long sentence, sorry.)  I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I'm recovering from a flu and currently so heavily medicated (legal, off the shelf stuff) that I'd probably miss it or have missed it.

If a page on the wiki is in "Private:InsertNameHere", that means that only people with a username/pw and currently signed in can see the page, correct?  And, if that's the case, they'd be asked to log in if they followed a direct link to the page from somewhere else--say the Games Wanted forum--correct?

Assuming both of the above are true, would it be acceptable to the Powers-That-Be(tm) for a link to a "Private:InsertPageHere" to be placed in a Group Games Wanted ad?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Trieste

Dunno, but if you make a link, I'll try signing out and following it.

Trieste

'Cause you're not providing any text inside the link.

[url=https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private:Move_Over_Vegas[/url]

needs to become

[url=https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private:Move_Over_Vegas]Link text goes here[/url]

*goes to try*

Edit: Nope, isn't accessible to anyone who isn't logged in, so should be all good. :)

Vandren

That'd be it.  I'll blame the meds for the brain snafu.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Trieste

Erp, you replied before my edit, so I'll add in a new post: should be fine in the wanted section.

Vandren

Cool.  A few pages of setting info that I'd like to make accessible to (registered) potential players will be easier that way.

Thanks.  :D