Wanting to start a new Zombie role play!

Started by ArabellaRice, February 23, 2012, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArabellaRice

I know there is at least one out there, however I hate making big groups of people for role plays. So I would like to see if anyone else would be interested in a zombie role play. A realistic one since I have seen some really bad ones in other roleplaying sites.

I'm not much of a leader though, but I am willing to put my idea's out there to see if others are interested too.

I used to start role plays off in the aftermath of the zombie apocolypse were everything happened and most people are dead, however I'd like to go realistic and start from the beginning.

A cure has been crafted for the common cold. It was a cure all, the minute you got the cure in your system you'd never get a cold again. The cure had somehow passed all the tests, and made it to the public in a record. Many people signed up for the cure, older people and young children getting cured first. Things went well after that for a very long time. The cure took a long time to make, so most of the general population and those who couldn't afford the cure had to wait.
However, those people who had to wait wouldn't get the cure. At least not in the way they had thought. The cure somehow changed people. A bit afterwards, those who had the cure started to show signs of aggression. They clawed at other people, threw things, yelled. Then after a week of that they grew quiet, and walked around like they had no thoughts. Soon after that the aggression came back with a vengence. Now it seemed that those who had the cure wanted to eat everyone. The moment you were bitten the infection spread to you. The new mutated version only took hours to turn a person into a people eater.

Would anyone be interested in that kind of scene? I was planning on starting it off right after people had been found trying to eat one another. In a small city, maybe a college town?

London

I've been looking for a zombie game that peaked my interest and you did it. Although I had seen other zombie games I always seemed to find them after a large number of people had already got in on it... So it's nice to have a chance to be on the ground floor.

Neysha

Hmmm I'll bite. No pun intended.

I've always wanted to give a zombie RP a try. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

eiselmann

Hi would love to be a part of this thread
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

ArabellaRice

Wow! Sweet! :D Im really bad at being leadship type material though, I hope that isn't an issue for everyone.

Also, I guess I should work on some profile skeletons so we can make our characters and stuff. :D

Eleah

Oooh sign me up! I'm already doing a solo zombie RP but I think a group one would be just as fun!

London

If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Kate

Sounds interesting.

I am happy to share storytelling duties but i think it works best if everyone feels they are the storyteller and just post as they are inspired / without checking just all believe they are authors - remember you can always create tangents.

tsc

I'd be interested as well!  A college town works well for me, and I'm all for the realistic side of things.

I'd be playing a male character, probably either a college student or a professor, depending on what the rest of the group looks like.

Miyu

I am making a system game based on High school of the dead anime (Zombie apocalypse but starts in high school with you playing as high school students). I know most of you dont like system games but this one is pretty easy to understand and I can help you through it. If any of you wanna know pm me and I will give you the link.

MidnightKisses

In this world it is not faith that saves us but defiance.

OOs

grovercjuk

Sounds fun, hmm a detective would be interesting.

ArabellaRice

Heres a Profile:

Name:
Sex: (Are they a Male or Female?)
Weight:
Appearance:
Background information:
Weapons: (Keep it real, lol. Ive seen some people go overboard..)
Personality:
Other information:

London

Name: Jack Dalton
Sex: Male
Height: 6’
Weight: 190
Appearance:
Background information: The early part of Jack’s life was one of fun and happiness… That all changed on his 8 birthday. While driving to his grandparent’s house with his single mother a drunk driver sideswiped their car, knocking them into oncoming traffic. Even though Jack had a large family, none of his relatives wanted the responsibility of raising a young boy. After being put into the government foster family system, Jack disappeared. Growing up on the street from the age 10, Jack quickly became a pickpocket to survive. As the years past, Jack started to expand his crime. Going from a pickpocket to a car thief to finally become one of the world’s most successful thieves.
Weapons: Boot knife, Auto baton, (2) 380cal pistols
Personality: Easy going with a touch of an adrenaline junky.
Other information: Skilled in stealing cars, picking pockets and locks, stealth, climbing, and escaping jails/prisons

grovercjuk

Name: Mark Ellis
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 180
Appearance:

Background information:
                           Mark has been a detective with the local police force for the last two years. Before that he was a uniformed officer with the same police force. His long term relationship has recently broken up and at the moment he is nursing his wounds and trying to get back into the bachelor life.

Weapons: Standard issue police 9mm.

Personality:  Mark is dedicated to the job (A major cause of the his relationship failure) Intelligent and honest with a fierce loyalty to those he considers his friends.

Other information: Reasonable shot with his pistol, trained in hand to hand combat. Computer literate.

ArabellaRice

Name: Rene` Smith
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125Lbs
Appearance: The picture is to big to just post here, you have to click the link: Here!!
Background information: Rene Smith was a very outgoing girl when she was younger, and ambitious. She played every sport she could growing up. By the time she was a senior in high school she was known as the top jock of the school, and she was a girl. Going into college, Rene knew exactly what she wanted to do. Having a baseball scholarship helped her make it through her first few years of college free.
However, she then decided to move across the country and finally start medical school. Rene made herself study hard, and by the age of 24 Rene was the top student in class. People came to her with questions, and she almost always had the answers. She studied hard, and didn't make a lot of friends. In fact, she knew people at the school but she had no time to make friends. However, her plans for being the best student and becoming one of the top doctors in her field where underway.
Of course the zombie apocalypse would ruin those plans. 
Weapons: Her lucky baseball bat that she had kept him her dorm.
Personality: Outgoing, friendly, nice. Shes shy at first, and was a bit of a work-a-holic, but she was focused and determined.
Other information: Fast runner, good at hiding and climbing. She also knows how to use a gun but prefers not to. Which is why she doesn't have one. Really good at medical stuff.

Miyu

ArabellaRice

I was thinking US since most people are from here, or can imagine it well enough.

Also I was thinking west coast area?

MidnightKisses

Name: Symphony Moore
Sex: Female
Height:5'2
Weight:110
Appearance:Symphony  Sym2
Background information: Symphony was born to her mom, a classical musicsion, but her mom died soon after do to complications. Tehn she was raised by her workacholic father and her older brother Lyric. Both men were also avide sports freaks and they got her into them but her interests were toward martial arts and guns. By the time she was 16 she had became a black belt in every martial art that her town afford and she had became a local legened when it came to her aim. Her brother decide to go to Law school and she moved with him but she was getting her AA online and went to film school. Everyday at lunch though she would come and eat lunch with her brother. Recently though she has stopped going everyday do to her brothers request.
Weapons: Two hand guns (Belonging to her brother) and a small poket knife
Personality: Happy even when she shouldnt be and completly loyal to her friends. She has a viotal temper and can have beif Bipolar flashes that causes her to become unstable but she keeps her cool well normaly.
Other information: Good shot, Knows basic medical, Fast, and a good scavenger.
In this world it is not faith that saves us but defiance.

OOs

eiselmann

Quote from: ArabellaRice on March 05, 2012, 09:07:21 PM
I was thinking US since most people are from here, or can imagine it well enough.

Also I was thinking west coast area?

The US makes sense ...I'm one of the ones who don't live there but its easy enough to write for the place.....be easier than getting you all to write this story based in Good Ole New Zealand (which I'm have an easy time discribing the land between Pokeno and Pukekohe as you head toward Tuakau past Buckland)

and West Coast is cool ....Oregon/ Washington or California?

Profile coming soon
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

eiselmann

Name: Andrew Gill
Height:6'2
Weight: 175
Appearance:
Background information: New Zealand born his parents moved to Australia when he was fifteen at 17 he was signed by Manly for their development team which allowed him to be paid to play the sport he loves while studying at University, was given the opportunity to Study Sports Science ion an American University as part of an exchange programme during the off season and took it with open arms. He's the youngest of four children and the only son...hes three quarters English one quarter Maori (his maternal grandmother)
Weapons: Cricket bat and machete
Personality: Very laid back , talks with a kiwi accent which to American ears will soundlike he's an Aussie...extremely physically fit and not afraid of hard work , always calm in crisis situations
Other information:
Played Rugby League to a high standard making the under 20 club competition for Manly which is one step below full professional (Rugby League is difficult to explain...this may help

NRL: Big Hits, Big Plays

My ons and offs link

TheGlyphstone

I'll jump in on this if I can - the last two zombie RPs I joined died quickly (no pun intended).

Looking at the submitted PCs so far, there's already at least one med student, so the character I was going to submit won't work out - consider this a placeholder while I brainstorm a new concept.

--

Name: Samuel Dravis
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Appearance: A short, chunky man with a vaguely Hispanic tint to his skin, with ragged black hair and dark eyes and a broken, crooked nose. He wears gloves to hide the tattoos on his hands, favoring long-sleeved shirts and sweatpants for similar reasons.
Background information: Sam mostly raised himself, growing up with a deadbeat father and an alcoholic mother, very much an independent and free-spirited sort without any head for rules and authority. He dropped out of high school to join a gang, but split after a year in prison for dealing drugs. Now he runs a gas station, channeling his free time and energy into radical protesting with the occasional less-than-legal firebombing on the side.
Weapons: Double-barreled shotgun, switchblade, improvised explosives
Personality: Sam makes up for his short stature with an overabundance of energy - rude, crude, and (he thinks) hilarious whenever possible. Between his childhood, gang life, and prison time, he can be deceptively vicious and ruthless towards anything he considers a threat - but at the same time, he sticks like glue to people he considers worth being with.
Other information: Tends to be very insecure about his height, and reacts badly to short jokes.

Antioch

Count me in

Name: Clarence Walters
Height: 5'9"
Weight:156
Appearance: Caucasian male with brown hair blue eyes. His hair is down past his eyes a little, used to work out constantly, but gave up on it in recent years, so most of the muscle he had, had disappeared. Usually is found wearing blue jean pants and some kind of tank top, also tends to wear button up dress shirts when he feels like it.
Background information: Clarence grew up in a small town in West Virginia, after high school though he moved out west to try to make a better life for himself. He ended up getting a decent paying job as a security guard. He was married once but she left him, so he has been divorced recently. He also has a part time job making replica weapons from video games, movies, cartoons, etc. One of his prized replicas, is that of the hidden blade from Assassins Creed.
Weapons: He has a sword that he made originally just for display, but eventually decided to sharpen for personal protection. He also has the replica hidden blade which he will most likely sharpen and attempt to use if possible, he is unsure of how that will work though.
Personality:He is a funny and outgoing guy at times. Has a calm demeanor in tense situations, mostly why he was able to get his job with the security company.
Other information: Has a Chopper that he likes to ride frequently and a German Shepherd named Axle, who is a very protective dog.

((P.s. Hope the Description for appearance is fine, I tend to prefer writing them...I can never find a picture that satisfies me well))

ArabellaRice

Oh! Wow! Okay, I want to draw up a map of the town and get a first post going.
I think a map would be nice so we knew where everything is.

Haibane

How many players are you seeking for this Arabella? I have a blonde cheerleader who I used in another zombie game about a year or more back. It faded away, as these things do but I enjoyed playing the character and she has some experience already of screaming and running ;)