[Bloodhunt] Vampires & Werewolves - Closed

Started by Wispyr, April 09, 2016, 03:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

-= Introduction =-
Greetings writers, welcome to Bloodhunt.

Bloodhunt is a guided-sandbox modern supernatural fantasy that takes place in the year 2018, in a world that is little more than a dark mirror of our very own. The worst aspects of humanity have a bad habit of showing through in this world, crime is rampant and we're not just talking about petty crime. The very worst aspects of humanity are on public feature, it's simply the way of the world. There's too much of it to deal with, so the good hearts of the world struggle in futile resistance against the one true simple reality - humanity sucks. It probably isn't their fault though, no, more likely it's the fact that since their infantism they have been being manipulated by dark masters from behind the scenes. The tales they tell to scare children are not too far off from the truth, but they'll never admit it. That would cause panic, it means they would have to come face to face with monsters worse than themselves, and no one is prepared for that. That's right, we're talking about the hunters, the blood suckers, the parasites, the risen dead... Vampires. Cursed children forever banished from sunlight, who believe themselves to be the destined inheritors of the world - humanity lives to serve them. They have spent life times blending in with humanity and setting up their covens, dipping their long fingers into every major pie mankind has ever cooked. They hide in plain sight, sticking behind the walls man has built to keep the wilds out, and for good reason. They aren't alone. In the wilds the world is ruled by a different monster, a more fierce monster; the lunar born, the predators, the guardians, the animal in men... Werewolves. Once wild, feral creatures driven by instinct and feral desire, they were domesticated and turned into the perfect servants of their vampiric masters. Until they broke the shackles of their oppression and spread into the wilds, forging their own kingdom, that even the mighty Vampires feared.

1542 marked the start of the Roman Inquisition. It was a dark time in human history, set up to combat things like heresy, Protestantism, sorcery, immortality, blasphemy, Judaizing, witchcraft and to censor printed literature and it was an effective means to combat all of those things, but not a single one of those things was the truth of the matter. The Vampire state had a knee jerk reaction to losing their prized claim, their day time guardians, their obedient servants. Werewolves were born into the world as instinct driven, wild, feral creatures - Vampires saw them at first as the ultimate sport, given how deadly the creatures could be. It wasn't until one of the grand coven leaders had a brilliant idea that hunting them would become something else. They began to capture the wolves and hide them, and over generations and entire life times they worked to domesticate and humanize the wolves. With great success the now human embracing werewolves served as the personal attendants, the enduring servants, slaves of a Vampire controlled world. As things are with those born into slavery and injustice though, the wolves took their new found human needs and realized they were more and had no need to serve. Rallied by a young idealist, the wolves lashed out and broke the bonds that chained them to their vampiric masters and fled into the wilds once more - now a forever changed people. In desperate response to this outrage the grand coven reinstituted the inquisition as a masquerade for the hunting down and extermination of werewolves. They met with some success, but not nearly enough.

A five hundred year blood feud has never been settled, and in all likelihood it can never be settled. Times have changed though and there are now greater enemies in the world. A terrible union, one part Vampire and one part Werewolf - a hybrid creature of horrific power has risen. They are as strong as the wolves, fast as the vampires and more durable than either. They threaten not only the great covens of the world, not only the many packs in the world but also humanity. They are a plague, a scourge that must be dealt with... But neither side alone has the tools, the strength or the resources to accomplish this task. For the first time in history the wolves and the vampires have come together in a tenuous peace to deal with something that threatens both of them. Grand Coven leader Kendra Sarcosi and Erik Shalinger, Alpha of the North American Brood come together in Chicago to create a plan for dealing with these abominations. They settle on forming a new unit, neither a pack nor a coven... A Cadre, a joint force ruled by neither the Vampire or Werewolf nations - each side given equal positions to fill, working as a singular unit. Each side will be given one leader to control their half of the arrangement and these leaders will make choices between one another. To prevent a state of never ending deadlock, the group will also host a human host - a witch whose power both sides believe will be instrumental in bringing down and keeping down the hybrids - who will serve as the third, and independant, leader of the Crimson Talon.

Game play will begin as these forces come together for the first time, two opposed forces forcing themselves to mesh together for a common goal. It's not likely to be a smooth road. They'll have to work past their long standing hatreds in order to work as a team, because without that they will be easy pickings for the hybrid threat. Worse, perhaps, than being forced to work together is the intrusion of the single outsider.

Wispyr

-= F. A. Q. =-
  • Who is running the show?
    That would be Wispyr of course!

• Besides you, is there anyone else in charge?
    At this time Bloodhunt does not have, nor is it my intent to have, a Co-GM. If at some point such a position is needed I will look to the cast of the game and with their interest and acceptance select one of them to fill it.

• Who can play in Bloodhunt?
    Anyone! Provided that they have read and are able to abide by the game rules, any Lord, Lady or Liege is welcome to participate in this game. The game will be LGBTQA and Rainbow Writer friendly. Additionally cross gender writing is permissible, though we do ask that you not use Bloodhunt as your playground to test that style of writing, and are comfortable writing such a role prior to joining. We will take this opportunity to state that this game has limited slots, as such is not first-come first serve, and we will be accepting candidates to play based on a variety of factors. Choices on applicants are made for what we believe to be the best for the game, and are by no means personal in nature.

• How many characters can I play?
    Becuase there are a fixed number of roles available in this game, I ask that each player limit themselves to a single character at the start of the game. However as time goes on if there are positions that we are unable to fill I will look at opening up secondary character slots which will be approved on a case by case basis.

• I'd really like to play, but the game has already started!
    Not a problem at all. Assuming that there are still available roles to fill, there is no reason that we can not work in late introductions to the story. So fill out your character sheet and submit per normal.

• Can I play a bad guy?
    If by bad guy you mean a character who is morally ambiguous? Sure. If you mean a character that would be described as a villain... Eh, sort of. Understand the point of this game is ultimately to create unity (pseudo or otherwise) between the two races. So, if you're playing a Vampire chances are they are not a nice 'white hat' style person, and probably have little regard for humanity. Be reasonable, I'll be watching character tones closely to make sure that cohesion can be achieved... But there is room for darker, more sinister characters.

• What writing style will we be using?
    With the exception of some GM narration, posts should always be made in the Third Person, Past Tense.

• Will headers be used? What about tagging?
    Yes. Also yes. This is a crucial part to having so many players in one place and helps people sort through what's going on. These are not optional.

• Will there be the sex?
    Probably. It's certainly not outside the scope of the game, but not a focus even remotely. That said, this game is about blurring the lines between the two races so...

• Will player activity be monitored?
    Only as far as it pertains to the health of the game. I'm not anyone's parent, but it is my job to look out for the best interests of this game. So I'll keep a passive eye on things, but so long as people aren't vanishing for weeks at a time without saying anything we shouldn't have any need for me to get involved.

• In what board will Bloodhunt be played?
    Undetermined. At this time I'm leaning towards Extreme to accommodate anything that may come up, however this game may be toned down to simply the Non-Consensual boards. We'll see.

• How active is the Game Master?
    I spend more hours a day on E than I am prepared to admit. I can be reached via PM at virtually any time, and the absolute worst case scenario is that you may have to wait until the following day to hear back from me. I will be very active watching, guiding, managing, shaping, and otherwise handling the game. Oh and I'll be playing in it. You can expect to see a lot of me.

• Can players control NPC's and alter the world?
    The short answer is yes, the longer answer is mostly. All major NPC's are to be controlled by the GM(s), but the local server at a diner is fine for you to control. The world of Bloodhunt largely matches our own, so most of the environment is laid out for you; it is acceptable to say that there is a diner on the corner of Marx and Talbert St in New York, but it is not acceptable to travel to the city of Bonerville just outside of the city limits. Best practice is to use common sense, acceptable practice is to inquiry to the GM(s) if you're confused or unsure.

• How will conflict be resolved?
    We encourage players to work out the resolution to conflict between themselves, but anything large and or impactful to the story should have the GM(s) included.

-= Rules =-
  • No Drama: We're all adults here and there are better ways to handle things than throwing a tantrum and stomping your feet.
  • No Drama: This really should go without saying, but I'm absolutely 100% serious about this. If you can't act like an adult, don't bother applying. If you are found to be the source of it and can not correct your behavior and or are harming the game you will be expelled from it.
  • Out of Character Chatter: Should be kept to the approved OOC thread, the recruitment thread (when applicable, and private messages. OOC chat should never take place in any game thread.
  • Communicate: With me and your fellow players. If it is at all possible do not leave the game hanging; we're all going to understand that your pool burned down and that you need time to mourn, but if you vanish without notice you can't be surprised if the game has moved on without you. Please be as prompt as possible in notifying me if you need to be absent for a prolonged period of time and I will make notice of it somewhere so that everyone is educated as to your status. When you're notifying me of such things, please do so via private message and not the OOC thread.
  • Engage Others: When you get down to the root of why we're all here, it's to have a good time. I will not stand by and watch someone be excluded from the game. Include everyone who is approved, support those who are interested in joining, and be proactive in making efforts to engage other players and characters.
  • Respect: Respect and consideration towards the players of Bloodhunt is not optional.
  • IC =/= OOC: Do not confuse the behaviors, actions, thoughts of characters as those of the player.
  • Input: The GM(s) welcome any contributions you might have the game world, ideas, concerns or otherwise. Do not hesitate to bring them to us.
  • Word of Law: Belongs to the GM(s), and ultimately Wispyr. All rulings that we make are to be accepted and addressed appropriately. Persistent conflict with the GM(s) could result in expulsion from the game.
  • PMing GM(s): Do not leave the subject line of your message blank. Are you sending a sheet? Tag it: Bloodhunt Character Sheet. Question? Bloodhunt Question. Get the picture? Good. I get very grumpy about no subject private messages.
  • Character Ideas: If you've got a crazy concept that you're concerned that it may 'go against the grain', 'not fit' the concept of the game, please PM the GM(s) with the idea before making your sheet. It would be unfortunate if you put time into creating your character only to be told that it's not going to work. We don't bite, so don't be afraid to reach out and communicate your idea if you think it might be 'iffy'.
  • Word Count / Post Size: Bloodhunt will not use a hard word count limit. However all posts should be approximately three full length paragraphs of actual content for other players to respond to. All dialogue or one-liner posts are not acceptable. Ever. Any post that GM(s) feel is insufficient in content will earn a gentle PM to the player to edit and or remove the post. While this is not a hard limit, you can assume that any post falling shy of roughly 250 words will be subject to scrutiny by GM(s)
  • Post Frequency: We would like each player to post for each character at least once per week (7 days). If the game is waiting on your for ten days you will be nudged by a GM privately. After two weeks of inactivity or lack of response from a player your character will be removed from the game by whatever means the GM(s) deem appropriate.
  • Modding: Godmodding. Metagaming. Powertripping. Just don't.

Wispyr

-= Characters =-
Four Vampires, four Werewolves and one Witch bound together under a new unit, a Cadre called the Crimson Talon. Carefully selected from countless potentials for their unique blend of ability, talent, experience and most importantly - hopefully - temperance. Since the wolves were enslaved the Crimson Talon marks the first time the two races have unified together for anything - and never before now willingly. Aided by their pet human the Crimson Talon has one purpose... Seek and destroy. The hybrid creatures, neither wolf or vampire but yet still both, pose a threat to the natural order of things and are upsetting the balance of the world. A threat that neither side can deal with alone, these nine individuals are forced together in hopes that a combine front can combat the issues before they truly rise.

In Bloodhunt players will be playing either a Vampire or a Werewolf selected to take part in the Crimson Talon, and thrust with the daunting task of not only overcoming a centuries old blood feud but also tackling a the greatest threat that either race has ever encountered. All while not breaking their pet human who is along for the ride. They players have to over come racial bias, look past their selfish and racial driven issues to forge a strong team capable of not getting slaughtered on the field. They have to not only find the hybrids and deal with them, but ultimately find out how it started and deal with the root causes of the problem before it continues.

Below you will find the basic information as it relates to both the Vampires and Werewolves.

Vampires

Vampires typically operate in covens - large families with a single (or sometimes multiple) heads. Usually this is a single vampire who has sired young, who have then sired others and thus form clans of descendants. Vampires have had their claws deep in mortal society since the very start, behind the scenes pulling invisible strings - sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly. It doesn't matter so long as the goals are met in the end. Because of this there is an ancient order, the Grand Coven, which has governed general Vampire society since the early ages. They have a presence all over the world and affect things on a global scale. Each coven often operates on its own, asserting dominion over a territory the size of whatever they can effectively control - these territories change and are battled over, both for power and food. All covens however - or any coven that wishes to live a long and healthy life - respects the rules and decrees of the Grand Coven. Often the race considers themselves the greatest things on the planet, destined to inherit it. They are masters of humanity, and usually look at humans as little more than a never ending game and food source - but exceptions have risen over the ages. Proof of Vampiric greatness comes in many forms:

Enhanced Strength: Vampires possess other worldly physical strength. Even newborn Vampires have the strength to punch through concrete pillars. What's more is that Vampires have the ability to rapidly increase their strength by pushing their blood supply into their body. While this drains their effective blood pool of its stores - forcing them to feed sooner, rather than later - it is possible for Vampires to achieve tremendous strength, rivaling and even surpassing that of Werewolves, with enough blood.

Enhanced Speed: If they are known for anything it is their speed; legends tell of Vampires able to move so fast they appear to be in two places at once. This has never been proven, but a Vampire's reflexes are second to none and they can cover huge distances in very short amounts of time. A Vampire who chooses to dedicate themselves to moving quickly is unlikely to be caught by anything aside from one of their own kind.

Immortality: Vampires do not age as mortals do, and left to their own devices will never die from age. In fact the older a Vampire gets, it is assumed the more powerful that they are. In a cruel twist of fate the Vampires face an enigma in themselves - the older a vampire gets the more at home they become with their powers and the stronger they are without needing to enhance themselves. However each new generation of Vampire brings with it its own gifts, a blood refinement which makes their use of blood more streamlined.

Enhanced Senses: Vampires have unnaturally sharp sight and tactile senses. They could detect the most insignificant flaw in a door simply by touching it, and see the smallest of details hidden on a persons skin.

Supernatural Durability: The undead body is hard to hurt permanently. Vampires can take a significant amount of damage before starting to show wear. Bullets might slow them down, but chances are it'll take more then you have to actually kill them.

Blood Healing: Unlike normal creatures Vampires do not heal naturally. However they can use their blood stores to restore their body to the state it was in when they were turned. This allows them to recover almost instantly from any wound they sustain so long as they have the appropriate amount of blood in their system to do so.

Dominance: The ability to impose their will on the weak minded - usually humans. This ability allows a Vampire to wordlessly imprint a command into a person whose eyes they can catch. If successful that person must follow the command until it is completed. The strongest Vampires are said to be able to force people to do things that go against their normal nature.

Invisibility: Not in the classical sense. Vampires cast no reflection, but they more importantly are not detectable by unnatural means. They do not show up in photographs, on video cameras. They are not picked up by electronic sensors, they do not have heat signatures, etc. Unless you see a Vampire with your own eyes, you'll never know they were there. To that end they do not leave finger prints and are able to pass effortlessly without a trance in a place that is otherwise set up to detect intruders - for instance, stepping in a mud puddle does not leave a shoe print.

Sunlight Aversion: Cursed to the night, the Vampires typically sleep during the day as being awake is extremely draining. During daylight hours a Vampire is considerably weaker, and unable to use their blood to power themselves beyond normal potential. More importantly if they come in contact with sunlight they become to burn, taking rapidly increasing damage the longer they remain exposed. A vampire could, for instance, run through the sun from one shadow to another if they absolutely had to and were ready to deal with the pain. It wouldn't kill them, but they would take damage even in that brief moment of exposure.

Blood Sustenance: Without the blood of others, Vampires could not function. Typically this involves on feeding off mortal men and women. Vampires can hold a limited amount of blood in themselves at a time, and naturally burn it off each day ensuring that they must feed regularly or be vulnerable. The blood within them grants them many abilities, such as the ability to heal or enhance themselves in a variety of ways beyond what they could normally do. Drinking a werewolves blood passively grants a Vampire greatly increased strength and durability but is said to have the side effect of gradual madness. The effects of ingesting hybrid blood are unknown.

Fire Aversion: Fire is one of - if not the most - effective weapon against the undead. It inflicts huge damage to them, very quickly. It isn't surprising that vampires as a whole have some degree of pyrophobia.

Stakable: Wood to the heart will completely paralyze a Vampire, rendering them unable to defend themselves. It places them in a sort of stasis. The worst is rosewood however, which even a splinter in their body - anywhere - has much the same effect. This is one of their more safely guarded secrets.

Werewolves

As a rule the Werewolves work in packs. Packs serve under the leadership of an alpha, usually the strongest - but occasionally the smartest, or otherwise most capable - wolf in the area assumes control of the pack. Because of this pack leadership has been known to change sudden without warning, and sometimes multiple times in quick succession. Among the highest authority of the wolves are the great Broods, which are like super packs; each continent is home to a Brood and they work to maintain the natural order of things, protect their kind and undo the workings of the Vampires. Werewolves are much less structured than the Vampires, each packs usually work for their own good to achieve their own goals rather than any sort of collaboration between each other. The wolves see themselves as the guardians of the world in its most natural state, and to that end are usually very spiritual - but also bestial and primal, ready to wage war on behalf of the mother they've never known, the world herself. Having spent over a thousand years in captivity, slaves to their Vampiric overlords the wolves harbor a deep hatred for the parasites that thrive off the suffering of mortal men. The wolves have a number of tools available to them to wage their war:

Wolf Form: The ability to shift into a wolf. The werewolf does not lose their mental faculties in this form, but does lose most of their ability to act on them as they suffer from the limitations of the form. They can speak to other Werewolves in this form, or in Manbeast form in form of growls and howls. Importantly the howls allow wolves to communicate simple information over huge distances to one another.

Manbeast Form: The dreaded werebeast form that people have come to know of the werewolves. It is their war form. In this form a werewolf is at their peak, with the strength to throw cars with relative ease. They are hyper durable, able to soak seemingly absurd amounts of traditional weapon ammunition without fear for themselves. In this form they are virtually tanks of destruction. Without the enhancements of blood, while in this form a werewolf is capable of far more than virtually any vampire.

Enhanced Strength: Even without their forms, all Werewolves have naturally enhanced strength.

Enhanced Speed: Wolves are fast even outside of their forms. Nothing supernatural, but a mortal person had better never challenge a wolf to a foot race - they'll lose. They also have enhanced reflexes.

Enhanced Stamina: Werewolves could almost be generators of power, if they could be tapped into. They do not get winded, they do not tire easily. They can go, almost forever.

Enhanced Senses: Werewolves have extremely keen hearing and smell. They are, even in base form, able to track by their sense of smell and they can hear whispers across a crowded room if they were so inclined to listen in.

Supernatural Durability: Without their forms a Werewolf is naturally harder to damage. This is nowhere near the durability of a Vampire, but it allows them to take no small amount of damage before being required to shift or give themselves time to heal. They could easily fall two stories and get up unharmed.

Regeneration: Werewolf regeneration is beyond fast. Bruises clear in minutes, cuts in hours, holes in days, breaks in weeks. Keeping a werewolf down is truly a feat in of itself.

Natural Weapons: Werewolf claws and teeth are supernatural weapons made for war. Few things can keep them out, able to cut diamond. With enough time a werewolf who was determined enough could hack their way through titanium walls if they were so inclined.

Moon Rage: Unfortunately for the werewolves they are impacted by lunar phases. The night a new moon is the best night to hunt a werewolf, because they are at their weakest. This night signifies a evening of weakness and during it they are unable to shift into their various forms at all. Conversely on the night of a full moon, a werewolf is highly susceptible to their own rage - but they are also at their strongest, finding themselves stronger, faster and more durable than normal on these nights.

Silver Aversion: Silver is kryptonite to werewolves. It's mere presence is enough to weaken them, and the more of it in the area the weaker they become. In sufficient levels, the simple presence of silver could be enough to keep a wolf from shifting into their forms. Silver weapons are the most effective against werewolves, inflicting greatly increased damage against them. Touching silver, even in human form, burns their flesh and prevents regeneration from happening for extended periods. Most importantly is that in their two forms the wolf takes even further increased damage from silver weapons - thus a single well placed silver bullet can kill a Manbeast form werewolf under the right circumstances. Silver in their body inflicts constant damage, and is excruciating. So long as it is in them they are unable to shift and can not heal damage naturally.

Dead Mans Blood: The blood that has been processed by a vampires system is poison to a Werewolf - which is perhaps the reason Vampires have been able to fight werewolves. Having vampire blood introduced into their system acts as a constant drain on their energy, weakening them. The more of it in them, the worse the problem becomes until they are rendered incapacitated from it. Dead mans blood is fast acting, and lethal in high enough doses.

Frenzy: Perhaps the biggest hindrance of the wolves is their primal ties. They long for a day of instinct and must always battle the beast raging within them, and fight not to give into the mindlessness that it brings. While a frenzy can in some ways be described as refreshing and cleansing, once a wolf comes from it and realizes what they've done they realize it is anything but. The true triggers of frenzy are unknown, but it can be as small as a mosquito bite or as infuriating as a fight between pack members. In a frenzy a wolf becomes an instinct driven killing machine that is uninhibited by things like thought, morals, beliefs and judgments. They simply act, and destroy. They do not know friend from foe.

Wispyr

-= GM Notes =-

The Witch: Tentatively Reserved

Werewolf Leader:
Werewolf 1:
Werewolf 2:
Werewolf 3:

Vampire Leader:
Vampire 1:
Vampire 2:
Vampire 3:

Shown Interest
Orange Marmalade (Vampire Leader)
Sirian Eve (Vampire)
Vlexia (Werewolf [L])
Raziel (Vampire)
Kyrsa (Werewolf)
Intimate Ink (Werewolf)
Persephone325 (Vampire)

Threads

Questions & Answers

Code (Character Sheet) Select

[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Bloodhunt Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Languages Known:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]On's & Off's:[/b]

[b][u]Notes[/u][/b]

Orange Marmalade

Wispyr is a bastard for putting together awesome concepts.

Working on a sheet for a Vamp leader type...

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Vlexia

I would be interested in being a werewolf. I can play either the leader, if not claimed, or simply one of the clan.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Wispyr

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 09, 2016, 04:21:04 AM
Wispyr is a bastard for putting together awesome concepts.
I'm the devil. Or drugs. Or something. Yea. That.

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 09, 2016, 06:58:28 AM
*raises hand*

I would love to play a beautiful vampire.
I'll make notes of it.

Quote from: Vlexia on April 09, 2016, 10:06:39 AM
I would be interested in being a werewolf. I can play either the leader, if not claimed, or simply one of the clan.
And this one too!

Raziel

Consider me down for this too, been itching to get into a good Vamp/Were story for a while. Put me down for Vamp please, but will go Were if required for balance down the line

Kye

I'd love to join.  I'm most interested in a Werewolf at the moment, gender unknown.  Willing to change that up according to what's needed for balance.

Wispyr

Quote from: Raziel on April 09, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
Consider me down for this too, been itching to get into a good Vamp/Were story for a while. Put me down for Vamp please, but will go Were if required for balance down the line
Quote from: Kyrsa on April 09, 2016, 07:00:08 PM
I'd love to join.  I'm most interested in a Werewolf at the moment, gender unknown.  Willing to change that up according to what's needed for balance.
Double noted!

Intimate Ink

persephone325

Interested!! I'd probably play a vampire, cause I'm more partial to them.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Intimate Ink

Which race sparkles more again?  That's what is most important!

Wispyr

Quote from: Intimate Ink on April 09, 2016, 09:00:36 PM
Expressing interest on the wolfie side of things.
Oh I see how it is. You don't invite me to your super secret mage game, but I'm supposed to let you in to my games huh?! Huh?!! Is that it?!?! Oh fine, I guess I can be okay with that...  :P

Quote from: persephone325 on April 09, 2016, 09:13:35 PM
Interested!! I'd probably play a vampire, cause I'm more partial to them.
Noted.

On both fronts!

As for who sparkles... I considered making the vampires have a glittering ability as a mesmerizing thing, but ultimately decided that that would make them too over the top :P

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Wispyr on April 09, 2016, 09:30:01 PM
Oh I see how it is. You don't invite me to your super secret mage game, but I'm supposed to let you in to my games huh?! Huh?!! Is that it?!?! Oh fine, I guess I can be okay with that...  :P
Noted.

Ooooh IInk's in trouble!

p.s. Wispyr, he told me Robert Pattinson should be my faceclaim, fyi!

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Wispyr on April 09, 2016, 09:30:01 PM

Well, yeah,  I can't get any action from Julian as it is because it is always Jake, Jake, Jake...  I am not having you cock block me on my own game!

Cuchulainn

Tentatively interested in a werewolf although I'm curious what lore you'll be using, you got lots to choose from. If you've already said and I missed it I apologise.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Intimate Ink on April 09, 2016, 10:10:58 PM
Well, yeah,  I can't get any action from Julian as it is because it is always Jake, Jake, Jake...  I am not having you cock block me on my own game!

Oh Jake! My sweet Jake! Please don't hate me. I'll rescue you from the evil Micah and we'll run away to New Mexico together and escape this snowy wasteland!

Wispyr

Quote from: Cuchulainn on April 10, 2016, 02:49:37 AM
Tentatively interested in a werewolf although I'm curious what lore you'll be using, you got lots to choose from. If you've already said and I missed it I apologise.
Mostly a mash from different things. Are there particular questions you have, I can probably answer easily enough.

Vlexia

I do have a question about the actual beastform of the werewolves.

Will the be abnormally large wolves? Or will they be the type that can stand on their hind legs?

Wispyr

Quote from: Vlexia on April 10, 2016, 04:31:44 AM
I do have a question about the actual beastform of the werewolves.

Will the be abnormally large wolves? Or will they be the type that can stand on their hind legs?
Wolf form itself would akin to a regular wolf, slightly larger but close enough they could easily pass as regular wildlife.

Manbeast form is the form more traditionally associated with a werewolf; bipedal balls of angry fur teeth and claws...

Vlexia

Quote from: Wispyr on April 10, 2016, 05:03:40 AM
Wolf form itself would akin to a regular wolf, slightly larger but close enough they could easily pass as regular wildlife.

Manbeast form is the form more traditionally associated with a werewolf; bipedal balls of angry fur teeth and claws...

Hot

RampantDesires

Can your werewolves ever scar?  As in a massive amount of damage (potentially silver based) leaving a mark/lingering effect or wounds taken before an age that they changed fully? Or is their regen so advanced that it eventually heals everything?

Typing that question also makes me wonder is there a magical 'congrats, you're a real werewolf now' age?

*is doing her best to NOT ponder making a wolf*

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Vlexia

Wispyr

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 10, 2016, 05:26:35 AM
Can your werewolves ever scar?
They can indeed. Battle scars are badges of honor, after all! Typically these wounds would be those caused by silver - though not exclusively. Rapid enough, or rather severe enough damage to a focused spot could also cause them to scar. That is, they'll regenerate it and it'll close, but yes, they can be wounded in permanent ways.

Typing that question also makes me wonder is there a magical 'congrats, you're a real werewolf now' age?
Not usually magical, no. A first shift happens under a full moon, typically after 12, but before 16. It has, rarely, happened both earlier and later though. It can also be forced at basically any point by inducing frenzy, but that's not a good experience for anyone involved.

*is doing her best to NOT ponder making a wolf*
Resist not.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Wispyr on April 10, 2016, 05:03:40 AM

I find that sexy for some reason.

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Wispyr

Cuchulainn

Are we fine to start working on character sheets? Also what's the general theme? What I draw from what you have written is that this will be a story about people coming together to serve almost like a supernatural animal control unit hunting down these hybrids am I correct? Will they use modern weaponry or restrict themselves to the skills granted by their...afflictions?

Also for werewolves how does their general society work, are their packs group hiding in the dark places of the world, train tunnels, the wild living in communes or would they blend in with society, having normal jobs, 401k, etc ?

Wispyr

I would say that you're probably safe to start working on sheets at this point. Looks like we're missing one wolf, unless RampantDesires is among us and then we're set. Doesn't seem like there are any conflicts between who wants leaders and what not... So... I would say yea, everyone should feel free to start making their sheets as they're concepts come to them.

As for weaponry, modern weapons are completely allowed. Actually pretty typical. Vampires and wolves getting in eachothers face at full strength is a recipe for disaster. So bullets are used to 'slow' the other side down some. And ideally actually kill them. It's just easier that way - or at least less dangerous. That said their more natural weapons are always going to be more effective. High risk, high reward. This is particularly true of the hybrids that are... Well... Much harder to take down.

Animal control unit is an amusing analogy but I don't know that it's accurate. The hybrids aren't completely wild and feral just terrorizing the world. That does happen, mind you, they frenzy like Werewolves do and it isn't pretty when it happens. This is more like a self contained unit tasked with hunting and destroying them. The rational behind even leadership and a neutral - the witch - was to create a unit that did not lean on either the wolves or the vampires for instruction. It acts by itself - in theory. So think of them more like an appointed special forces team, that has a global mandate and from that it is up to them to figure it out. Make sense?

It's really a combination of these things. Because packs typically operate on their own, they do whatever each pack formed is comfortable with, thus there are both urban and rural packs in the world. The wolves tend to revere the openness of the wild, because they can embrace themselves there where in society they can't. A true 'city wolf' is rare indeed. The Broods roam the wilds of the world, mostly. Usually with only as much interaction with man and civilization as needed to keep up to date or to deal with vampire infestations.

Intimate Ink

Is human or wolf the 'dominant' form of werewolves for the purposes of this chronicle?  Or, if we want to break it down:  A) Are they born humans and shift to wolves, or vice-versa?  B) In modern times do they, as an aggregate, favor one form over another in day-to-day life?

Wispyr

Quote from: Intimate Ink on April 11, 2016, 05:22:39 AM
Is human or wolf the 'dominant' form of werewolves for the purposes of this chronicle?  Or, if we want to break it down:  A) Are they born humans and shift to wolves, or vice-versa?  B) In modern times do they, as an aggregate, favor one form over another in day-to-day life?
Most of them are born human and shift into wolves later. The reverse is a rare oddity, but does happen. It's often thought of as a omen of great things to come for that individual.

As for forms, I would say on the whole most wolves prefer to remain in a human shifted form. It's easier to get around, communicate and interact with the world as a whole. Even each other. That said, I'd also say that the vast majority of wolves feel a call to the wild... So, weekend trips to the mountains to run around on four legs and bite into some game is probably a common and very meditative / cleansing ritual for a wolf. Manbeast form is pretty much exclusive to battle - mostly because it's truly as close to tapping that inner animal within as you can get without being in frenzy. Most people do not enjoy the feeling of losing themselves to instinct and would want to remain away from that form unless it was needed.

Vlexia

I should have a CS up by tonight or tomorrow.

I'll call on being the werewolf leader and if anybody wants it they can fight me for it ;)

Cuchulainn

Okay, think I get what you are saying about the group, would they have a base of operations? How mobile would they be? Would their focus be on a limited area or would they be traveling all over the place? Would they use enhanced senses to hunt or would it be more investigatory?

RampantDesires

I've been staring at a character sheet for the last ... three hours and nothing seems to really be sticking.  It is entirely possible that I don't have a solid enough of a grip on the world/group dynamic to put out a final product at this point (and in theory there are already four wolves on deck so I don't feel too bad admitting defeat and wouldn't want to potentially take the spot of someone who DOES have a character in mind). 

I will however continue to haunt this thread and the game in general so if/when next wave of recruitment opens up it'll be go time!  Very much looking forward to seeing where it goes. :-)

Vlexia

Raziel

So out of pure curiosity are Vampire fangs permanently out or do they extend/retract like in say Buffy for example?

Wispyr

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 11, 2016, 11:54:27 AM
I've been staring at a character sheet for the last ... three hours and nothing seems to really be sticking.  It is entirely possible that I don't have a solid enough of a grip on the world/group dynamic to put out a final product at this point (and in theory there are already four wolves on deck so I don't feel too bad admitting defeat and wouldn't want to potentially take the spot of someone who DOES have a character in mind). 

I will however continue to haunt this thread and the game in general so if/when next wave of recruitment opens up it'll be go time!  Very much looking forward to seeing where it goes. :-)
Most excellent. Never know when someones head might get ripped off muse might make them leave! So thank you for the interest, and, haunt away!

Quote from: Cuchulainn on April 11, 2016, 08:57:55 AM
Okay, think I get what you are saying about the group, would they have a base of operations? How mobile would they be? Would their focus be on a limited area or would they be traveling all over the place? Would they use enhanced senses to hunt or would it be more investigatory?
This is mostly things that will be determined in game, once the leaders come together and figure out how they want to go about this. That said, they will - probably - be all over the place because the hybrids aren't limited to one location. That said chances of being a more mobile unit is highly likely with the potential for a permanent base of operations as a side / fall back.

As for how they hunt, both is probably true but probably heavily skewed towards their enhanced senses.

Quote from: Raziel on April 11, 2016, 04:57:27 PM
So out of pure curiosity are Vampire fangs permanently out or do they extend/retract like in say Buffy for example?
Vamp fangs are retractable yes.

Wispyr

Also at this point, I'm going to get the OOC and CS threads up today.

As I go to do this, I realize I never asked. Is anyone opposed to doing the Extreme Boards? Purely to cover bases, nothing more. Otherwise it can be bumped down if there is general discomfort.

Raziel

Sirian Eve

Kye

Orange Marmalade

Wispyr

Thread

Description

Post Count
[Bloodhunt] Recruitment          Ascendant's official recruitment thread          Not Counted
[Bloodhunt] Character Sheets          Storage house for the approved character profiles         
Not Counted

These threads are up, reviewing the character sheets that have currently been submitted!

Raziel

Afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this one as I've entered day 3 of writer's block when it comes to trying to think up a character profile, sorry everyone.

Orange Marmalade

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

bubby

Just dropping in to shake a fist in Wispyr's direction for FINALLY coming up with an awesome game I'm interested in.... and I'm not capable of joining right meow.

Wispyr

Quote from: bubby on April 13, 2016, 10:19:12 PM
Just dropping in to shake a fist in Wispyr's direction for FINALLY coming up with an awesome game I'm interested in.... and I'm not capable of joining right meow.
D'awww... <3

I shall try harder in the future to sync appealing ideas with your schedule, promise!

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 13, 2016, 09:33:34 PM
Showing interest in a Vampire
Also, woot.

Vlexia

Cuchulainn

Quote from: Vlexia on April 14, 2016, 09:27:57 AM
We are losing our wolves

I'm still here, just have to change the bio I had a bit because had planned for the character to have been bitten...also struggling with face claim.

Vlexia

Quote from: Cuchulainn on April 14, 2016, 11:48:32 AM
I'm still here, just have to change the bio I had a bit because had planned for the character to have been bitten...also struggling with face claim.

Ah! Okay I must have missed your interest :)

Yeah I had to change mine too from bitten to genealogy

Lady Kitsune

If a werewolf is still available, I would like to show interest and apply.
I am working on it, I swear!

Vlexia

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on April 14, 2016, 12:12:51 PM
If a werewolf is still available, I would like to show interest and apply.

Do it. Werewolves and vampires may have a united front in this game but it doesn't mean we should make it easier for them ;)

Sirian Eve

Vlexia

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 14, 2016, 12:41:06 PM
Oh I got some serious dog jokes lined up.

LOL I would expect nothing less.

Got a few blood sucking leech insults in the making. I hope sometime in the game we can spar each other in a little traditional "insult leads to blows", good ol' fashioned, werewolf and vampire wrestle.

Sirian Eve

Vlexia

Sirian Eve

Vlexia

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Vlexia on April 14, 2016, 12:32:17 PM
Do it. Werewolves and vampires may have a united front in this game but it doesn't mean we should make it easier for them ;)

Heheh. So, no bringing cookies?

Been working on a male werewolf. Took longer than I thought too tighten the idea. *grumbles about pic hunting*

Is there an age limit for the werewolves? Can they be centuries old or do they have just a longer than normal mortal lifespan?
I hope to have a character to submit tomorrow night after I get off work. :)
I am working on it, I swear!

Wispyr

The Witch: Wispyr (Approved)

Werewolf Leader: Vlexia (Approved)
Werewolf 1: Kyrsa (Approved)
Werewolf 2:
Werewolf 3:

Vampire Leader:
Vampire 1: Sirian Eve (Approved)
Vampire 2:
Vampire 3:

Orange Marmalade (Vampire - Leader)
Persephone325 (Vampire)
la dame en noir (Vampire)

Intimate Ink (Werewolf)
Cuchulainn (Werewolf)
Lady Kitsune (Werewolf)

This appears to be where we're sitting right now? Don't think I missed anybody. We'll have one wolf-slot contender (which will be all sorted out once sheets are submitted 'n all) - but that was always a possibility.

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on April 14, 2016, 09:53:27 PM
Is there an age limit for the werewolves? Can they be centuries old or do they have just a longer than normal mortal lifespan?
The most aged wolves can live to around 150, but nearish 100 is pretty average for them. Usually not 'slowing down' until much later - late 70's, early 80's.

Orange Marmalade

Sorry on the slight delays on my part - this week got unexpectedly nuts (and I lost one draft to a windows update, FU Win10).

If I don't have it done tomorrow I'll have plenty of time to finish it on my 10 hour flight, so Saturday at the absolute latest!

Wispyr

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 15, 2016, 02:59:07 AM
Sorry on the slight delays on my part - this week got unexpectedly nuts (and I lost one draft to a windows update, FU Win10).
You are not forgiven! -Whip crack-

Orange Marmalade

Sirian Eve

Lady Sakura

Are you still accepting sheets for Vampires? Also if the leader one falls through I'd be interested in taking it up. :D

Wispyr

Rel Mayer

Man... I like always want to join your group game concepts.

I wanna join, but I'm gonna have to sit back and catch up on some other stuff before I start creating a character. -crosses fingers-

So it's not a for sure, but a definite, strong and tentative interest!

Wispyr

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 18, 2016, 11:55:24 AM
Man... I like always want to join your group game concepts.
It's not my fault you have a thing for my brain  ::)

I shall note it!

Wispyr

Werewolf 2:
Werewolf 3:

Vampire Leader:
Vampire 2:
Vampire 3:

Orange Marmalade (Vampire - Leader) [Submitted]
Persephone325 (Vampire)
Vampire Mistress Sakura (Vampire)

Intimate Ink (Werewolf)
Cuchulainn (Werewolf) [Submitted]
Lady Kitsune (Werewolf) [Submitted]

Rel Mayer (Undetermined)

An updated list of where we stand. Pretty much we're waiting on the blood-suckers to get it together. Damn immortal beings taking their sweet ass time.  ::)

I have a couple (three) sheets that haven't yet been reviewed, but I do have them. So fret not! That said, we're taking the applications currently. So the sooner you get your sheet in the better for everyone. If you're no longer interested, that's fine too, please just update me so I know where the game stands.

Vlexia

Wispyr

Never! Bwhahahahahahahah...ahahahahahah...aha...ah..ha...

As soon as I stop being lazy. -Chuckles- I spent the weekend getting caught up everywhere else, so probably some time in the next day or two.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Wispyr on April 19, 2016, 09:11:55 AM
Never! Bwhahahahahahahah...ahahahahahah...aha...ah..ha...

As soon as I stop being lazy. -Chuckles- I spent the weekend getting caught up everywhere else, so probably some time in the next day or two.

More importantly is it gonna be a hot Witchdude or a hot Witchgal?!

Wispyr

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 19, 2016, 09:16:11 AM
More importantly is it gonna be a hot Witchdude or a hot Witchgal?!
That is a question I have been struggling with myself... Probably a hot witchgal, cause I can never play my girls in any other damn game  :'(

But... You never know. I've got some pretty good euphemisms to work with for a hot witchdude... So I mean, there is potential there.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Wispyr on April 19, 2016, 09:19:22 AM
That is a question I have been struggling with myself... Probably a hot witchgal, cause I can never play my girls in any other damn game  :'(

But... You never know. I've got some pretty good euphemisms to work with for a hot witchdude... So I mean, there is potential there.

"You should see my broomstick" ?

Wispyr

Rel Mayer

Looks like I am going to be making a Vampire lady! I think I'm using Kay Morgan as a faceclaim too...

DazzlingCockroach

I am interested in making a werewolf. I was wondering if those were bound the wildlife, or if they just strut around in human society (to some extent).

If circumstances allow, I'd be interested in playing a werewolf soldier, something like a lieutenant in the army.

Wispyr

Werewolf 2:
Werewolf 3:

Vampire Leader:
Vampire 2:
Vampire 3:

Orange Marmalade (Vampire - Leader) [Submitted]
Persephone325 (Vampire)
Vampire Mistress Sakura (Vampire)  [Submitted]
Rel Mayer (Vampire)

Intimate Ink (Werewolf)
Cuchulainn (Werewolf) [Submitted]
Lady Kitsune (Werewolf) [Submitted]

As we're over a week into this now, I'll be reviewing the sheets that I have currently and doing approvals from there. We'll see what slots are left post that. Oh, and I'll do my own sheet since everyone seems so curious!

Quote from: DazzlingCockroach on April 21, 2016, 07:05:53 AM
I am interested in making a werewolf. I was wondering if those were bound the wildlife, or if they just strut around in human society (to some extent).

If circumstances allow, I'd be interested in playing a werewolf soldier, something like a lieutenant in the army.
You're welcome to submit a sheet, but you should be made aware that we already have one spot contested for the Werewolf players - thus there is a high chance that at this point a submitted character will not be approved. I'll be approving sheets this afternoon, so I'll need it by then if it's going to get considered. There is less contest for Vampire slots (sorta) at this point in time.

And yes, they both live in the wild and live among humans. Entirely dependent on the wolf in question. A wolf entering the service would be possible, but will need some explanation as to how they handled their anger quirks.

DazzlingCockroach

I'll have to withdraw my interest, then. But the game looks nice, hope y'all have a good time.

Sirian Eve