Black Lagoon Anime/Manga based RPG (Revised, NC:H, action oriented)

Started by Daril, June 05, 2015, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

@Sessha -SPAS-12 is fine, I'd been thinking of putting one in the boat's arms communal arms locker already, so maybe she can borrow that.  I don't remember saying 7.62x51mm would be hard to find, but I'm not convinced shops in Asia are likely to stock 10mm and .357 SiG when pretty much no one there uses those.  Still not sure what's wrong with a .45, but whatever.

@Writersblockade -Keep the Glock if you prefer it.  Though dual M1911s would be fine too as long as they aren't gold plated.  :D As for K versus full size MP5, why not get both?

Anyway, we are voting on whether the boat is going to carry a SPG-9 or a MK-19.  We are also going to discuss the battle plan.  Here is the plan again (note the SPG-9 could potentially be replaced by the MK-19).

Quote from: Daril on August 10, 2015, 08:53:42 PMAnyway, I'd been thinking it would be good to get things moving (even though I'm going to have limited availability later this week) so I figured maybe we should get a clear battle plan worked out so that people understand what their character's role is and can get posting.  Here's my thought on that:

I was thinking of starting with having the crew break the heavy weapons out of concealment, but with Alex already doing maintenance on the M2 it seems it's already out and set up.  So it might be more a matter of grabbing personal gear.

I figure a good plan would be to move in on the freighter, demand it stop and surrender, then rake the bridge windows with machine gun fire and threaten to put some holes in the hull if those aboard it don't comply.  :P  After that, we can leave a crewmember or two behind to provide cover while the boarding party goes over by dingy and secures the vessel (perhaps dealing with a few guys who aren't inclined to surrender in the process).  Any volunteers for staying behind to provide cover?

Also, knowing who's got what station when the boat is called to action would be handy as well.  For the initial stage, I figure we'll need a gunner on both the M2 and the SPG-9 and someone on helm.  The rest could use small arms to help provide cover.  Not sure if Cash would be hands on with one of those roles or the one giving the orders.

Not a perfect plan, but I think it's about the best our crew can do with what they've got.  Besides, Revy and Dutch took out a whole ship full of Nazis, I think our guys can handle a few goons.

Tally for SPG-9 vs MK-19 is currently two for SPG-9 (myself and Neysha) one for MK-19 (Sessha).

Sessha

Quote from: Daril on August 11, 2015, 10:53:14 PM
@Sessha -SPAS-12 is fine, I'd been thinking of putting one in the boat's arms communal arms locker already, so maybe she can borrow that.  I don't remember saying 7.62x51mm would be hard to find, but I'm not convinced shops in Asia are likely to stock 10mm and .357 SiG when pretty much no one there uses those.  Still not sure what's wrong with a .45, but whatever.
[

Like I said either a SPAS-12 or what about a USAS-12 would be fine with me,(though I'm kind of leaning more towards the USAS myself.)  ;D However if I get the SPAS-12 I want the one with the 8+1 tube.

Interestingly enough if I had never found the 10mm I would have gone with the .45 ACP. I would just need to find something that had a decent enough magazine capacity. Which has always been the draw back to the M1911 and similar models. The low ammunition magazines. Now as for the .357 SIG round. I did some checking and it seems that there ARE a number of nearby countries that use the round itself. Also ordering the rounds from a nearby country that doesn't exactly have the same arms restrictions as the US and other countries would make it woefully cheaper than trying to smuggle it in. There are several nearby countries that can buy and import the bullets from other countries.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Daril

@Sessha There are a few .45s with 12+ round capacity like the Glock 21, Star Megastar, and high capacity M1911 conversions.  I still think .357 SiG would be hard to get in Southeast Asia in 1995 but if you're set on it I won't stop you.  I know this has kind of been my fault, but let's get things wrapped up and concentrate on the plan so we can get the RPG moving, okay?

@All

At some point it would be good for Leah to get some experience with boarding ops, but since Neysha's good with her staying behind for this one let's go with that.  My feeling is that Hawke, Alex, and Tiny should be part of the boarding party.  I figure Cash can either lead the boarding party or remain on the boat as its Captain.  What do you guys think?

Or do you think the entire plan needs a rework?

Sessha

Kind of yea. Remember that the SPG-9 take two people to fire with any sort of fire rate to speak of, though I would hold off on that since we are in the middle of a vote.

Though Neysha good post you made.  ;D I really felt Leah's frustration.

Neysha

Maybe we can have an expendable NPC to help crew the vessel and do random sailor tasks. And be a loader for the SPG-9 during combat situations. ;)

And thank you Sess. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Daril

I have another character idea but I think it's best to stick with the crew we've got for now.  I think we've got enough crewmembers to provide a loader for a SPG-9 during the "make them stop the ship" phase.  "Cover the boarding party" phase maybe not so much, but I wasn't planning for a SPG-9 to play a major roll in that phase anyway.

In general if we're going with the SPG-9 I don't think we'll be shooting it super rapidly anyway.  It's basically a small artillery piece.  It can do a lot of damage with each shot, but I doubt the crew keeps a lot of ammo for it aboard.

Vex

Once again, I hope no one minds if I stay out of the vote for the explosive launcher for the Strike. It's not something that concerns my character so much as much as many of yours. Besides, even if Ami does eventually get to learn the weaponry, I'd think it more natural to simply have her work with whatever the crew provides for her. That feels like a much more natural way to handle it. Not that I think she'll be using a grenade launcher or an artillery piece much anyway.

Although, I will say, I think I agree with Writersblockage over the matter of how much discussion this really warrants. I don't particularly mind, seeing as you all seem to enjoy the debate, for the most part, but keep in mind, this is mostly about style and ascetic, not really function. Complete realism of action isn't really Black Lagoon's thing, even if they manage to capture some aspects of warfare rather well. The Rule of Cool very much takes the reigns. As Remy herself states: "If you can hit your target, pretty much any gun will do the trick."

I concur with Sess, Neysha. It was a neat post to read.  :-)

Anyway, Daril, is there anything you'd like in particular you'd like from me while we're setting up? Should I go ahead with an introductory post, even though Ami won't be with the rest of the crew yet? Or should I hold off for when the rest of the crew happen upon her amidst the seizure?

Writersblockade

omfg you guys are killing me lol. If I knew we were officially posting, I could have did it yesterday!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Sessha

Yeah Writer the thread's been up since like two day ago.

Writersblockade

We've still been arguing over story details! How was I supposed to know we were gearing up lmao!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Sessha

Well we are posting now so you can have Cash post now. Oh and do vote on which gun you want to use.

Sorrow Singer

when/where did the thread go up? this is news to me as well.

-edit: Never mind found it

Daril

I did actually post a link to it.  I guess it got lost in subsequent discussions.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234440.0

(BTW, I realize it's in the wrong subforum, I'll try to get it moved.)

The main thing I want to work out at this point is who's supposed to go where when the order is given to prepare for action.  Settling this MK-19/SPG-9 thing would help with that.

Also, I've now got a character thread up.

Just hope things don't move too quickly now, as I'm going to have limited availability from today until Monday.

@Vex -If you'd like to do a post introducing Ami and the situation she's in right now I'd be fine with that.

Sessha

Eh I don't exactly much care. Just leave it where it's at.

Vex

Heh. Yeah, he posted a link a couple of pages ago, back on Saturday, although it was just to the Non-Con Exotic forum, not to the thread itself. The discussion might had drowned it out a bit. You guys were getting pretty involved in the discussions over the boat's armory at that point. Not that passion is a bad thing, of course. ;)

Anyway, yeah, NC Exotic does seem like the wrong forum. I don't think we're going to have any non-humans in this game.  :P

Quote from: Daril on August 13, 2015, 10:30:41 AM
@Vex -If you'd like to do a post introducing Ami and the situation she's in right now I'd be fine with that.

Actually, if it's alright with you, I think I'd rather hold off, until she's discovered, or at least, when she starts interacting with the crew. I think the narrative works better that way, to emphasize her largely incidental rescue, if we're largely taking the perspective of the crew. I just wasn't sure if you were expecting anything from me just yet, and was willing to do a post if you wanted me to.

Daril

We don't need a post from you quite yet, but I'd prefer you to be the one to establish you're character's current circumstances at some point.

BTW, I now have an OOC thread up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234776.0

Vex

No problem. I'll just wait until she's within range to interact with them. With her by herself, and presumably quite helpless, I simply feel like posting now, when she can add much to the scene at the moment, is a bit of a disruption to the early flow. But, when the moment comes, I'll be sure to lay out just where she's at, and what her situation is.