Can't log in on Mom's Lappy

Started by Dre, September 02, 2010, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dre

Here's the deal:

When I go to log into E on my mom's laptop via Fire fox the first time it says incorrect password, then I log in again and it lets me come to the front page, but it won't let me go anywhere else. No forums, no Mail, no bookmarks, nothing. Instead it brings me to the log in page again and says that its an incorrect password.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit:

OH and I can't see the SB either. Its blank.
||Rest in Peace, Moreth.||||Absences and Apologies: Updated 12/18/19 ||

Oniya

Try using the email address you signed up under, instead of your display name?  Your original display name and email should always work, but if you ever changed your display name, the new one won't.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Is her computer clock set correctly?

Dre

My mom's clock says 340 while the clock on here says 240 ... I'm not sure if that helps or not.

:/

And Ive tried changing it and it doesn't work.

@ Onyia: I have tried logging in under my email and my original display name, nothing works. Am still logging in then when I go to my mail it logs me back out. I can't leave the front page of E without being logged out.

Vekseid

Are you blocking cookies from Elliquiy?

Dre

Mkay, round two:

*Ding!*

Vekseid: Am not blocking cookies from E.

Am borrowing a friend's lappy, but its small, almost like a note book but slightly bigger. Toshiba.

I can't log into another site either, ((Bloodletting.)) Gives me the same thing to an extent. Log in and goes back to the main page where I'm not logged in. And followed their instructions to the 'T' which didn't help any.

Any chance it could be my mom's security settings on her virus protection? Or Fire wall for that matter?

I've tried Firefox and IE.

Any and all help would be aaaaaawesome. LOL

Delta Echo

When it goes back to the main page that says you're not logged in, have you tried refreshing it? It might be reloading the page from the cache for some strange reason. Long shot, but possible. :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Dre

@ Delta Echo: If it had been that easy I would have kissed you! *laughs* But alas, it wasn't.

*sigh*

Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.

Vekseid

About the only thing that could be causing that is if the computer or browser is blocking cookies for some reason.

Dre

Okay ...

So any ideas how I would find out if its blockining the cookies or not?

Oniya

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Websites+say+cookies+are+blocked?s=cookies&as=s  This is the instructions for checking if cookies are blocked in FireFox.  There should be something similar in IE.

I'm not sure if there's a feature available at the firewall side of things to block cookies, but you might try looking up the name of the firewall program to see if that might be a possible stoppage point.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17