Game of Thrones (custom ruled Pathfinder)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 01, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

You mean requisition supplies from fallen or non-fallen enemies for the good of the Church of the Seven. Fine by my character.  ;D

TheHangedOne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 04, 2014, 09:08:46 PM
You mean requisition supplies from fallen or non-fallen enemies for the good of the Church of the Seven. Fine by my character.  ;D
Exactly! Why let a perfectly good piece of equipment go to waste, when it can be used for the glory of the Seven!  8-)

Edit: hey, Ruby, I put up a history section on the character sheet post. Could you give it a look over, and tell me if you like it, if it's cool with you?

Also, here, for ease of reading.

History: Redric was born into poverty, not in Winterfell, but in a village near it. When he was a child, his mother (only parent) died from illness, and left to fend on his own, he struggled. He eventually joined up with a gang of thugs, who were at least a little impressed at the boy's strength, resiliency, and tenacious nature. As he got older, he got more respect, and a better cut of the loot.

As one might expect, though, sooner or later, justice came down on the brigands. It was brutal, and it was over pretty damn quickly. It was only laziness on the part of those whom hunted them that he managed to get away with his life. He had been shot in three places by quarrels from crossbowmen, and they decided he had zero chance of living when he skulked off into the wilderness. Why bother tiring themselves out, chasing him down?

But he didn't die. With all the stubbornness he could manage, he struggled on; and perhaps it was the work of the Seven. Maybe it was divine agency. Maybe it was the Old Gods, or the New Gods, or something else entirely. But when he was at that point where he couldn't go on much longer, He met a woman.

Septa Evalaine Gaunt.  She tended to him, helped steal him away from death's doorstep, and keep him in the world of the living. While he lay, so certain of his death, he rambled--some times deliriously, and in a nonsensical fashion-- about the horrible things he's done. There may have been crying (although he'll certainly insist he would never cry. Real men don't do that!).

In a way, it was like some sort of death bed confession. Except, he didn't die. She managed to bring him back, and though his body does still occasionally ache here and there, and is marked with scars, he stands as a testament to her steady hands, quick mind, and skill. While he recovered, he started asking the Septa questions. At first, it was just one or two about her, and why she had chosen to be what she is. Then, later on, he showed a bit of curiosity towards the Seven; something he was quite ignorant of.

In fact, he was not very religious at all. In his own words "Old Gods, or New, why should I care to honor 'em? They've done me no favors, and they'll get none from me." But, gradually, his attitude changed.  The Septa was able to make good points. The manner in which they met was really hard for Redric to understand in any other way; perhaps it was those New Gods, showing him that they actually gave a damn. Maybe.

And still, he's sort of at that maybe stage. He's still learning from the Septa more fully about the Gods. He knows plenty about the Warrior, and understandably so, but the other six are... well, he knows a bit. He knows their names! And what they do. Mostly. 

And some times, he needs to be reminded of what he did. What did he do? He decided to make a vow, decided to do what was probably the first honorable thing in his life. He vowed to keep her safe. And, now that a new path seemed to open up to him, he wanted to try to find some way he could right the wrongs he knows full well he committed. For sure, he justifies himself well in saying that it was needed; that was how he survived. But he doesn't just hold onto that reasoning; he doesn't excuse or absolve himself. He admits he's done wrong. Now, he's trying to figure out how to make up for his brief life time of that.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Faeli

Eryn Malthie

Crunchy Character Sheet

Biography
Eryn Malthie grew up amidst the Hornvalle mountains, northeast of the thriving and infamous Lannisport.  Her family was not well known, well liked, or well off.  She lacked the most necessary commodity which a family needed to get by within Lannister Lands and, to make matters worse, was attractive enough to have caught the eye of a number of the men in the area who were capable of influencing events - men who were quite interested and eager to force the girl into prostitution.

Eryn resisted the temptation, however.  She knew what was happening, but simply had too much pride in her to fall into their waiting plans and, thus, did everything short of selling her body to help her parents make ends meet. 

As time moved forward, and the land fell into turmoil, times got hard, and those already in hard times grew steadily worse.  The village Eryn lived within was sacked by Stark forces and Eryn and her family were driven out into the waiting hands of bandits who made the mountain pass her home.  Eryn became separated and captured from her family in the confusion, and all to quickly she found herself forced to commit the very acts which she had resisted for so long.

Scant days later, the bandit troope came across the bodies of the girl's parents, murdered by Lannister guardsmen, leaving the girl without anywhere to go to and making her re-evaluate her schemes and plots to escape from the bandits.  Sad as it was, they fed her and, to a fashion, protected her. 

As time passed, she stopped being a victim of the bandits and became a partner, eventually making a game of her violations and challenging the troope to poker at night with her as the ultimate prize... some nights she actually won herself and was able to taunt all the boys by retiring to her tent, alone.

As the war worsened, Eryn moved into becoming a full-fledged bandit and, to some respects, a trusted mind when it came to tactics and strategies, helping plan ambushes and, actually being able to read, intercepting communications as she could.

Overall, the troope wanted to victimize and rob anyone they could, but they did take a special delight in assailing Lannister squadrons, whenever a squad was green enough and small enough to actually engage.  The rest of the time, however, they simply melted in amongst the mountains, unable to pose a significant threat to an actual armed force.

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, we got some charsheets in finally :). I post links to them to first post for easy finding.

kckolbe

Looks good, Faeli, looking forward to seeing her in game.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752600 (Still incomplete)

Nivek Tarton is the second son of Lord Strohan Tarton, a small House in the Reach under Lord Hightower.  Like most nobles with little or no responsibility, Nivek found some pasttime to become his obsession.  He developed a knack for archery, and given his natural fondness for showmanship, it was not long before he started showing off with trick shots.  His favorite thing to do is hit a target from as far away as he can.  Something about the moment of waiting as the bolt flies through the air really compels him.

While he is capable enough with a shortbow, he prefers a small crossbow.  He's not adept at quickly loading it, as he generally talks to the crowd while doing so, but his accuracy with it is undeniable.  He's yet to claim the main prize at an archery contest, but he hails himself the best crossbowman in the Reach.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sahariel

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752602

Aerion Velaryon is a distant cousin of Monford Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark and Master of the Tides. He has served House Baratheon for all of his adult life. Although, many at court believe the Velaryons await the return of Rhaegar's brother Viserys. The Velaryons were Targaryen retainers long before the Seven Kingdoms bent knee to Aegon the Conqueror. Thus far, Aerion has earned a living with his sword. He briefly saw service with the Second Sons and in the Free Cities. Since his return to King's Landing he has been out of work--such is the fate of swornswords and hedge knights in time of peace.

OOC: I am still working on a longer bio and adding scraps of equipment. I have the rest ironed out but if anyone has suggestions I am down.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Just need equipment mostly will be medical. Lets see masterwork physicians tools for treating the ill and surgical procedures has to be first. Herbs she will gather on her own no use trusting a stranger and she can't afford big kits she treats commoners.

kckolbe

Question: Do you get your armor bonus and class bonus to AC?  I thought it was one or the other.

Intro Thread

Sahariel

Quote from: kckolbe on January 08, 2014, 09:54:13 AM
Question: Do you get your armor bonus and class bonus to AC?  I thought it was one or the other.

I think you receive the class bonus and a reduced armor class bonus though I might be wrong.

chaoslord29

Posting interest, almost definitely as a Cavalier. I'd love to play as a hedge knight in the realm of Westeros, ambitious and looking to prove his worth in battle and establish his own household.

Would it be possible to play a black guard? I was thinking it might be fun to play a would-be Black Knight of Westeros Lore, maybe the inheritor of the title in a sort of Dread Pirate Roberts fashion.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on January 08, 2014, 09:54:13 AM

You get both, as armor class bonus from armor is reduced thanks that all armor provides damage reduction. Defense bonus from class levels stack fully. As it's low magic you do need means to get AC pretty high to compensate (without stuff like ring of deflection or amulet of natural armor etc).

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 08, 2014, 12:08:40 PM
Posting interest, almost definitely as a Cavalier. I'd love to play as a hedge knight in the realm of Westeros, ambitious and looking to prove his worth in battle and establish his own household.

Would it be possible to play a black guard? I was thinking it might be fun to play a would-be Black Knight of Westeros Lore, maybe the inheritor of the title in a sort of Dread Pirate Roberts fashion.

You mean with blackguard the anti-paladin class? Well I am okay with it, you could be praying towards Drowned God and that religion would support anti-paladin/blackguard faith very least.

Or it can be from North following Old Ways a somekind heritor title like 'Keeper of Forbidden Lore' or such which includes darker secrets of Old Way faith.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 08, 2014, 01:21:10 PM
You mean with blackguard the anti-paladin class? Well I am okay with it, you could be praying towards Drowned God and that religion would support anti-paladin/blackguard faith very least.

Or it can be from North following Old Ways a somekind heritor title like 'Keeper of Forbidden Lore' or such which includes darker secrets of Old Way faith.

Hmmm . . . I'm thinking actually that a Cavalier will still be most appropriate. I can't really rectify the divine power element of such a character with what else I envisioned, so count on me to play some sort of defamed knight from the Vale, maybe with relations to a Targaryen Loyalist.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can be cavalier. I just assumed blackguard = a divine power possessing dark knight. But if you want play as dark knight sort figure, that also works with as fighter or cavalier although cavalier presents it most best (there is even cavalier order devoted to 'bastard knight' type).

chaoslord29

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 08, 2014, 01:53:56 PM
Well, you can be cavalier. I just assumed blackguard = a divine power possessing dark knight. But if you want play as dark knight sort figure, that also works with as fighter or cavalier although cavalier presents it most best (there is even cavalier order devoted to 'bastard knight' type).

There is indeed! The Order of the Cockatrice if I remember correctly, though I'm certain I can flavor that up for Westeros as something equally as dastardly. Count me in! I'll get started on my character sheet and background straight away.
My Guiding Light-

Rhaegar14

Ho boy. A Game of Thrones game, while I'm on Winter Break and have time to start a game or two. And no Red Priests? I am very tempted. I will have to read through the rest of this thread.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

chaoslord29

The crunch for my ambitious knight-for-hire:
Ser Vanduen
Male Neutral Evil Human (Andal) Cavalier (Gendarme)
My Guiding Light-

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good Chaos, I add tomorrow more folks to first page :). Overall we have started get enough peeps I could start the OOC thread in friday and charsheet thread. IC thread may also come in that day if got time write entry.

But you should discuss connections to other PC's if any, as running multiple solo threads is quite time consuming in my part.

Rhaegar14

After reading the thread from start to finish, I have to ask: Zaer, since you have been on the wiki but haven't seen past season 1, are you at all familiar with the god R'hllor and his priesthood? If you haven't read anything about it, I wouldn't recommend chasing it down, as there will be some spoilers. I am more than happy to explain what is established fact about them, and anybody else who knows their stuff can feel free to chime in.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine if you explain the faith without including spoilers of future events :).

Laughing Hyena

Gosh darn it I cannot decide my house. Part of me wants to be Wolf and the other wants to be a Lion! Damnit!

Rhaegar14

Well some small spoilers are, unfortunately, unavoidable when discussing why I want to play a priest of R'hllor. R'hllor, the Lord of Light, is a deity with a very popular religion in Essos, though he is less popular in Westeros, where he is called the Red God. R'hllor is the god of flame, light, and shadow. What makes him interesting, however, is that the Red Priests of R'hllor are shown as having magical power more consistently than anyone else in the series. Things Red Priests have done include lighting swords on fire, healing wounds, seeing the future in flames, and bringing the dead back to life (though that's rare and only if they haven't yet served their purpose), as well as a really fucked up thing Melissandre of Asshai can do that I'm not gonna spoil for you.

I'm thinking of building a Red Priest as a Flame Mystery Oracle with a very tightly focused spell list (anything that isn't fire or doesn't affect undead would be a buff that could be explained as a prayer). Would that be alright by you?

kckolbe

In the spirit of combining locations, I am comfortable with my character being somewhere other than the Reach.  I could easily see him in Kings Landing or Westerlands trying to make a name for himself, after all.

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on January 09, 2014, 02:05:02 AM
I'm thinking of building a Red Priest as a Flame Mystery Oracle with a very tightly focused spell list (anything that isn't fire or doesn't affect undead would be a buff that could be explained as a prayer). Would that be alright by you?

I am fine with oracle which spells focus on flame, rejuvenation or dealing with undead or other flame themes (it can include stuff like inspiration and light).

Quote from: kckolbe on January 09, 2014, 02:29:37 AM
In the spirit of combining locations, I am comfortable with my character being somewhere other than the Reach.  I could easily see him in Kings Landing or Westerlands trying to make a name for himself, after all.

Ok, King's landing would be likely one major locations.