What's the guy/girl ratio of this website?

Started by Cel, February 21, 2012, 05:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cel

Howdy, folks.

I was browsing through the introduction forums and noticed something: There seems to be a disproportionate amount of males compared to females joining. Is that typical? (I'd expect it to be typical, considering other similar traits I see in things ranging from RP to online video games, but I'm just wondering if that's the way it usually is on this site. I'd rather get some primary-source information as opposed to going off of an assumption.  :-) )

Just curious.

Cel

Wow, really?

I didn't expect it to be that even, actually.

Will

That stat is a little misleading, actually.  It tells you how many males and females are registered on the site, but not how many are active.  As far as active numbers go, I think females outweigh males.

Nope!  I guess I was wrong.  Vekseid posted up the data here.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Lilias

Quote from: Will on February 21, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
Nope!  I guess I was wrong.  Vekseid posted up the data here.

Pity that unapproved members can't see that bit. It's enlightening.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

If I may nutshell it, there are slightly more active males than active females, but the females make up for it by being more active post-wise - so it comes out just about even if you count 'guy posts' vs. 'girl posts'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cel

Thanks for the summary of the data; still unapproved, as Lilias pointed out, haha.

I'm glad I took the time out to ask. That isn't what I would have expected.