News:

Main Menu

Runescape Anyone?

Started by Dray, August 19, 2011, 03:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

I'm just curious to see if we have any Runescape players here on E.  I use to play a long time ago, quit and just recently got back into it once again.

Tsenta

Been playing off and on for over five years, in the earlier years I used to no-life it. Now I can't bring myself to play for more than a few hours a day.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Dray

Yea I have played it off and one over the years as well, mostly because I was a non-member and its rather easy to get bored of the game without all the extra features that members get.

Tsenta

When I was newer to it, I basically played every day. After I completed all the non-member quests I shelled out for membership. Haven't looked back since.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Alexiel

-Raises hand- I used to play, a long time ago. Haven't been back much since I've had so many bills to pay, it's not much worth playing without having membership. I'd like to get back to it again though. ^_^
Search Thread | Ons & Offs | A&A's | Post List
Alexiel is currently UNAVAILABLE for new stories.

Tsenta

I'm still pretty active around the game, decent combat level too. Lately I've been looking for players to make a clan with (bunch of new clan options in the recent months) so if any of y'all are interested in chilling in game. Just drop me a line here.

Alexiel

I don't even remember what level I am there, but would love to get back with it at some point. If all goes well, I can get membership for a bit, it's no fun playing without it, lol. When I make it back, I'll send ya a message on here with my name there, always good to have more friends. =)

Inkidu

That was the biggest thing on the planet in middle school. I never really got into it. I've never liked MMORPGs I guess.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

kckolbe

I briefly played, but I didn't know anyone and didn't see much of an RP community.  I think I had a character in the high teens, not far along.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Tsenta

There isn't a RP community on RS, no real options for it. It's mostly just level skills, play minigames, and hang with friends.

Alexiel

Hehe, it's a bit impossible to rp there unless you stand around in the bank or somewhere safe. Trying to rp on RS would lead to getting totally owned by something when you weren't paying attention. I'm totally getting members back though, there's really nothing for me to do without it, level 92 players can't do anything in free areas. ^_^;

That and the fact that there are two Barrows sets in my bank that are tempting me *_* in fact, 98% of my bank is members only stuff. Tsenta, when I get mems back, we'll have to hang out on there, Ty too if he wants! I know nothing about the newer areas and probably need a guide, I stopped playing way before they upgraded the game, lol. -Remembers the days when they had old RS system and scrying crystal thingys.- (Oh, and the Fally Day Massacre, that was as epic as the party hat thing. *_* )

Tsenta

Besides family dramas and moving, I'm free on my breaks or when I'm finally done moving. Yeah there's a bunch of new stuff, just gotta keep in mind it'll likely be impossible to get any of the old Holiday items short of paying real cash for them (which is against the rules of RS) due to all the 'merchants' buying them up to jack the prices up.   

Barrows is still good armor but it's mostly used just for the Def bonuses. Dragon items are next to obsolete now with the god themed items.

Alexiel

I have a lot of the older items stored away in my bank, I kept literally everything when I played, except what I didn't need anymore. Really, it's not worth trying to buy the older stuff anyway, but people consider it rare and some people have a fascination with collecting stuff like that.

Barrow and Dragon armor were the most awesome things ever when I played, so it's kind of depressing to hear that it means so little now. I'm guessing it's not worth near as much as I bought it for either lol. Ah well, I have good levels in most skills, so I can make some money easily if some things still sell well enough. I'll be back on there as soon as I get my bills all paid and things like that taken care of. ($6 isn't much, but it's better to be safe and pay everything first lol.)

Dray

I just wish I was playing back when party hats were abundant.  The cheapest one now is 1.2 billion gold and a couple of them are over 2 billion.  Sell one of those and you pretty much are set for the rest of your days on Runescape.

Alexiel

Yep, my sister and I sold ours years back, when they were still in the range of millions, but that only goes so far when you're buying armors and such. It would have been wise to keep them lol. Ah well, I know plenty of ways to make money without having rare items.

I added you to my friend's list there, but there's not really a lot I can do at the moment, so I won't be on much. This weekend or next week I should be a more present figure there. What level are you there?

Dray

I am currently Level 105 as a member, I don't know as a non-member right now.  Since Members have one more combat skill, Summoning, it calculates differently.

Tsenta

I'm 131 in member, 120 someodd in free.  The issue with partyhats is even IF you have the gold for them, the merchant kiddies won't take anything less than max gold + another rare in exchange for the partyhat. Long story short, unless you spend real money (a someodd $4,000) to get one, they're impossible to get. 

With all the bots, most skill methods are still fine for cash just not as profitable as before. If you're like me and don't care about gold, you'll make more just leveling skills for the exp and selling off the results (catching fish, cooking, using for slayer tasks or selling) Slow gold but the most profit experience-wise.

Dray

Yea I know what you mean.  Bots and Merchants are sort or wrecking the market.  Have you noticed that everything is tanking lately?  Bandos has dropped a few million, godswords are dropping now, Dragon Platebody is...everything in general.  Abby Whips are 700k.  Dragonfire Shields are down to 10mil...it's just insane

Alexiel

Abby whips! I remember when I got mine, it was a birthday gift from my RS friends, lol. It went with me everywhere I went until I got my first barrows set, and then I really thought I was awesome because I had a rare set. ^_^; Mind you, that was a long time ago, and my set means basically nothing now. Bleh, evil game updates.

And you're both higher leveled than I am =x feel like a noob again. Granted, I've been away from the game for...eh...6-7 years, something like that lol. I'll catch up somehow! Rather than just level up for gold though, I tend to alch things after I run a few hundred nat runes. There was one point that I would run bow strings and sell them by the hundreds...that was tedious at best. -shudders- Two hours of running back and forth from the spinning wheel to the bank, not my idea of fun!

(side note, Abby whips haven't changed much in price then, they were 900k-1mil when I left RS, so it's not much of a drop really. And I have no idea what Bandos is o.o  )

Dray

Abby whips jumped up for a while actually, border lining 2mil for a very small time then they coasted a few hundred thousand over 1mil for the longest time and now they suddenly just took a plunge.

Nature runes have plummeted too, I think you lose money making them now because of all the botters that run them.

And Bandos...well they introduced some new gods and god items.  Bandos armor is basically one step up from Dragon Armor.

Tsenta

Bandos armor is currently THE BEST non degradable melee armor.  I think essence is less than natures, at least I hope. I have like 30k pure ess banked but I don't wanna have to mine all of it when I run out.   Whips USED to be hovering around 4mil/ea before free trade came back out, was a good way to make cash.  I'd make 12 - 16mil gold a day just farming whips from abyssal demons.

Alexiel

I don't sell the runes though, I use them for alchemy purposes, lol. Had a whole system worked out one time, but got tired of leveling magic up and stopped. Checked in on my bank, I have over 5k flax and 6k bow strings lol >.< I'm really hoping I can get them sold once I get back to members, or thats a lot of wasted junk to toss out.

If I can get a decent amount for one of my barrows sets, I'm going to sell it and just keep my favorite one. All in all, I'm gonna have to sit down one day and learn all the new stuff and get all the pricing straight in my head so I can start building my gold back up. Silly me kept all my items, but I gave my gold away to my sister because she still played, so I'm kinda broke lol. Shouldn't take me long to make it back though, I can alch all those mage bows in my bank and get some gold back from that.

Ah yes, Abby demons, fun times that. I think my first task when I return fully is to go and PC for old times sake, after that, money making and questing lol. I had almost all of them done and now there's a ton more.

Tsenta

Just an issue of if one wants to get 99 runecrafting, natures is an important step and now you lose cash on them. X_x

You should still be able to sell the flax/strings, not as much as before though. Same goes for barrows, it's gone way down. Guthans used to be 10mil way back, it's 2mil or so now. XD

Alexiel

Ugh, that makes me want to be all depressed-ish. >.< All that work, bah, I hate botters and the like, causing market prices to drop, evilness!

Tsenta

If you cut some yews/mages and fletch logs, then alch, good money.  Basically the only way to make decent money is to "merchant", collect assorted resources and refine them (mine x ore, make bars, sell), or do group runs to GodWars and pray you get a good drop.