X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 06:02:48 PM
Heh, no idea at this point.

Sure, that sounds like a plan with Connor and Forge. He's a real Rez kid though. Connor might find him a little weird, lol.

Connor (and I in rl) have lived and been around South Florida enough to have met Rez kids (if you mean Reservation type). Plus, he's a kid going through some extraordinary puberty involving super strength, I'd think he should be more understanding of the "little weird" types.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Kuroneko

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 06:04:52 PM
What does Rez kid mean?

It means he grew up on the Reservation, with all that entails. His speech will be peppered with a lot of rez slang, he'll run on his own sense of time and not have the same values as typical white society.

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 06:08:23 PM
Connor (and I in rl) have lived and been around South Florida enough to have met Rez kids (if you mean Reservation type). Plus, he's a kid going through some extraordinary puberty involving super strength, I'd think he should be more understanding of the "little weird" types.

Cool.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Moraline

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 06:04:03 PM
Moraline, both Forge and Logan are teachers, so feel free to PM me if you like.
PM has been sent!  Thank you.

Ryven

DemonessOfDeathValley

Is a 1 truly penniless? As in nothing, not even literally a penny to their name? Because when Misery starts out, the only way she gets anything, is the....*ahem* five finger discount.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Rave

Quote from: Moraline on May 20, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
PM has been sent!  Thank you.

On that note, Deadpool is a teacher as-well. In this RP his mutant power is Teleportation rather than it being a gadget, though its much more limited that Nightcrawler's. That being said, he could probably give her more than a few tips.

Amelita

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 06:09:56 PM
Who wants to develop a relationship with Ben? ;D

memememememeeeee

wait. I don't have a char yet.

>.>

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kuroneko

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 06:09:56 PM
Who wants to develop a relationship with Ben? ;D

Since he's a mechanic, he and Forge would get along well ... though that may not be what you mean ;)

Ryven

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on May 20, 2014, 06:10:15 PM
Is a 1 truly penniless? As in nothing, not even literally a penny to their name? Because when Misery starts out, the only way she gets anything, is the....*ahem* five finger discount.

I take a 1 to mean below the poverty line, but not literally with no cash.  I worked a part time job for 25 - 30 hours a week at $9 an hour and was below below the poverty line.  I wasn't broke because I still had money.  That being said, it was mostly spoken for to pay for the things I needed.  I ate cheap food, had cheap fun, and generally cut expenses to live.  That's what I think a 1 means, but regardless of your income level, it's how you utilize the funds that counts.

Quote from: Amelita on May 20, 2014, 06:13:10 PM
memememememeeeee

wait. I don't have a char yet.

>.>

Who will you play?

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 06:14:04 PM
Since he's a mechanic, he and Forge would get along well ... though that may not be what you mean ;)

I'm using that term in a general sense, so yes, they will get along swimmingly.

Kuroneko

Lockepick

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
Exactly. Like I said, if I had a better word for it I'd use that. That's why I included the explanation to say she's USED to having more and so learning to make the transition from obscene wealth to average at best has been difficult for her.

What about just 'Spoiled?'
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Orange Marmalade

OOC Chatter/Planning thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204476.0

Please use that for current chatter now, along with any planning, plotting and the like :) Game and character questions can remain here for now if necessary, and to help keep the thread active so we can maybe net a couple more players  >:)

DemonessOfDeathValley

Orange Marmalade, I wanted to know if it was ok for Misery to be a thief. I kind of wanted that to be her 'other' skill, before she got to the school.

Green Goo Theory

Since sabertooth was grabbed while i slept/worked I guess I can switch it up.  X-23, Deathstrike, Marrow...?  I doubt the future Grey family members would exist in the form of Cable/Xman/Rachel anyway for the sake of some sanity in the RP.  Always Havoc or Vulcan.  I've always loved both Bruiser and Victor Mancha but Victor's not a mutant.  Shaw and Frost are around too. 

Plus a custom idea I really want to use but on the ropes about.
Coming soon...

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

AribethAmkiir

I think Marmalade has said no clones, somewhere.

I'd like to see a male Polaris.  <.<   >.>

Saphir

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Alistar Blaire
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Dazzler (Also known as Dazz )
Citizenship and other legal info:USA Citizenship
Place of Birth: Gardendale, Long Island, New York
Education: Highschool graduate, some college level courses

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 145lbs
Hair color: Dirty Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Your typical all american boy with a lean muscled body and a smile to make the ladies and fellas melt. Being a pop star, Alistar is into fashion and always keeps up with the trends while making his own. He generally dresses casual and preppish, but it's not uncommon for him to punk it up a bit every now and then

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Homosexual
Ons/Offs: Anything is fine except bathroom stuff, beastiality and gore.
Goals: To become the next King of Pop. MJ is dead, time for a new king to rise and take that throne. Also to clean up the tarnished reputation Justin Bieber has left on Male vocal pop.
Wealth Level: 6-Remarkable

Personality: Alistar Blaire is an assertive young up and coming singer who generally knows what he wants and will tackle whatever obstacles stand in his way of success. He's funloving and thrives in the spotlight along with gaining admiration and praise from others. He's fairly charming and nice to others as long as they return the kindness. Though if someone is rude to him and/or does something he doesn’t approve of, you can expect he to become hostile.

Maybe one would expect the young star to be a bit stuck up, but he's not....that much anyway Alright, so he can bit a bit vain,  and melodramatic if something doesn’t go the way he wants it to but Al really is a good person at heart. Really he's that guy who will be the instigator of fun because he just can't do boring for too long. His dad tried to force him into a path towards Law School and while he does have the brains to have successfully become an accomplished judge like his dad, well....the spotlight was his calling and that is where he wants to stay.

The ambitious aspect of his personality also makes him more willing to take risks. Nowhere is this more apparent then how he uses his powers. There's so many gimmicks out there by popstars these days, so he made his own by using his mutant abilities to put on lightshows that would put any concert or club happening in Ibiza to shame.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: AP Music Theory, Geometry 2, Dance, Art History, US & Global Economics, Physics, Free Period, Spanish 4
Year: College Freshman
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS:
Fighting: 3-Typical - Agility: 3-Typical - Strength: 3-Typical  - Endurance: 4-Good - Reason: 3-Typical - Intuition: 3-Typical - Psyche: 3-Typical

POWERS:

SOUND CONVERSION -Alisar has the ability to absorb sound and tranduce it into various types of light. The amount of sound he can absorb is unlimited as is the amount of light he can produce. Any sound will really do, such as the sound from an explosion or a car crash, but Al prefers the use of music for it's steady beat and it's far more pleasant for him to listen to.

SOUND BURST – If he wishes, Alistar has the ability to release the absorbed sound in one destructive burst of sonic force. Varying on how much sound he's been absorbing, this can either be powerful enough to stun a person or be a destructive sonic wave that's strong enough to even smash concrete.

LIGHT PROJECTION - Alistar can control the frequency (color), amplitude (intensity), and duration is able to wield the light in a variety of ways. He's  able to create very simple patterns out of rays of light like circles, squares, triangles, and stars. He can create a pulse of light on the order of several thousand watts seconds of power, which temporarily blinds people with its brilliance.

PHOTON BLASTS – Al can send out powerful concussive blasts of light  that can do considerable damage. They're normally launched from his hands in a series of concussive bursts.

DAZZLE- He's able to create a chaotic cascade of sparkling lights and colors that either inspire awe or with enough intensity, can severely upsets other people’s equilibrium, or a pulsating strobe-light effect.

LASERS-  Al can generate a coherent beam of light, approximating a laser beam, with which He can cut through virtually anything.

ROCKET BURST- Alister can discharge light energy from his feet and/or hands to propel himself through the air like a rocket for brief moments at a time.

HOLOGRAMS- With some extra effort and concentration, Alistar can project and bend light to create holograms of human beings and other three-dimensional beings and objects.

DESTRUCTIVE SHIELD- Alistar creates a shield of light around herself with laser light that can vaporize small, oncoming projectiles.

LIGHT MIST- Al creates a glowing/ hazy fog-like effect that obscures his surrounding area up to 40 feet.

ADVANTAGES:

LIGHT IMMUNITY – Alistar's body, especially his eyes, shields itself against any injurious effects of his powers, and against those of bright lights and other photokinetic attacks.

SOUND IMMUNITY – His ability to  transduce sound also protects him from sound-based attacks and being deafened by loud noises.

DISADVANTAGES:

WALKING LIGHTBRITE – So Al can absorb unlimited sound and as long as he has that sound, he can produce as much light as he wishes. However, what happens when the sound is just stored inside him? He starts to glow and therefore he has to will the light to flow from his body, usually in sparkles, so he doesn't go around walking all aglow.

SOUND REQUIRED – His powers are absolutely dependent on sound. So, throw him into  void; an area where no sound can exist and he's pretty much powerless. Also, the sound has to come from an outside source and not from his own body. Example, Alistair can absorb sound from a recording of
himself singing but he can actually sing on the spot for sound to absorb.

SKILLS:

SUPERSTAR: Alistar has been performing since he was 8 years old and performing professionally since he was 15. And he is the real deal.  He's a  singer, professional dancer and he's pretty good at acting as well. He's the complete entertainment package.

MUSICIAN: He doesn't need auto-tune because he can actually slay on vocals with music or acapella. He's also been playing the piano since he was 6, so he's a great on the piano and keyboard as well.

ATHLETIC: – He engages in intensive regular exercises to keep himself well in shape. Even though it's kind of outdated, he still rollerblades and is excellent at it. He'll start the trend to bring it back.

HISTORY:
Alistar was born to his parents in Long Island. His father was a judge while his mother was a performer and vocal coach. Eventually his mother decided to branch out on a career for stardom past performing at clubs, but became too caught up in that life of hard drinking, partying and drugs, leaving a toddler Alistar in the care of his father and paternal grandmother. As he grew, Alistar showed signs of his mother's talents and eventually his wish to become a performer. At first it was cute little concerts at his grandmother's church and school contests. It was at one of these talent shows that Alistar discovered his mutant ability, which blinded everyone in the audience. Though instead of loathing his new gift, he embraced it and began experiementing with his powers. Eventually, he began recording himself on his own youtube channel where he'd eventually be discovered.

While his father wanted him to go on the path of law, Alistar was encouraged by his grandmother to pursue his career. This along with him hiding his status as a mutant AND his struggling attraction to the same sex caused a large rift between him and his father. Once he was signed on, Alistar would find that he wouldn't be a solo act but part of the boyband revival. The boyband, comprised of 5 guys in all, was branded as 'Dazzler' with Alistar as the lead vocals. The name was the butt of many jokes until their record sales began to trump the likes of One Direction and that their music was actually enjoyable past the teenaged girl demographics. 

Alistar used his powers to add an extra kick to Dazzler's concerts. The light shows expecially won over the stoner and rave going crowds. Though three years into their career, Dazzler 'split' due to 'creative differences'. During this split, Alistair was contacted by Xavier and offered a chance to attend the institute. While Alistar was hestiant, he decided to at least attend some classes all while beginning to build his solo career.­

Saphir

...Yeah, I totally made a genderbent Dazzler. Don't judge me.

Ryven

Assuming pop culture is similar in this universe, I'm going to call Dazzler, 'Edward, the sparkly vampire.'

Rave

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 06:51:00 PM
Assuming pop culture is similar in this universe, I'm going to call Dazzler, 'Edward, the sparkly vampire.'

This.

Saphir

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 06:51:00 PM
Except he doesn't sparkle....he dazzles. ;D

Moraline

Quote from: Saphir on May 20, 2014, 06:52:58 PM
Except he doesn't sparkle....he dazzles. ;D
I think he looks awesome! I almost totally forgot about that character of Dazzler.

DemonessOfDeathValley

After seeing male Dazzler, I'm almost sad that I'm playing a heterosexual female.

Kuroneko

Since Logan now has two kids to deal with, I'd like to make a personal plea for no X-23 (but I would never stop you if you really wanted to play her/him). Totally love Marrow though. I often play her. A male version would be really cool. Shaw would be awesome too.