Kushiel 2017

Started by BlackStone, February 26, 2017, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

An idea I tossed about before with a few friends in the past was to take Jacqueline Caery's Kushiel and Naamah setting and take it into modern times, and put like a spin on it on the very short lived TV series Kings (very underrated show).  Semi-sand box in a way where minor and intermediate plot will be player driven, with a major over arching plot tying multiple smaller plot elements together.  I see the nobility being very similar to the nobility in England currently.  For the Night Court, they would be a shadow of themselves, but one of the plot elements could be to restore the Night Court to its former glory.   I wanted to see what type of political play were noble families could actually be on the brink of destitution and the layperson the one who is rich.  I think some of the role play dynamics would be very interesting.   So floating this out there to see if there is any traction.  Also would not mind having a co-GM or two along for the ride on this idea if there is interest.

evilnerf

I'd be interested in a Kushiel game, but it kinda loses it's charm if it takes place in the modern day IMO.

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I think a medieval / fantasy setting works better for Kushiel than a modern one. I've actually been playing around with a modified Kushiel setting idea myself, incorporating elements of 7th Sea and Symbaroum.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.