Tainted Blades Campaign (Pathfinder Edition) (NC-Exotic Systems)

Started by Laughing Hyena, February 12, 2017, 01:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFcommando

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 14, 2017, 08:18:53 AM
So a ladies man gets his comeuppance, is answer by a goddes of beauty, gender bent and becomes a paladin. I can get behind this surprisingly deep character and it's gives me an excuse to flesh out a little more of the pantheon

The Warpriest class with Sacred Fist sounds like it'd fit the concept more than a paladin.   "A deity protects her sacred fist as long as he is unarmored and unencumbered. A sacred fist adds his Wisdom modifier (minimum 0) to his AC and his CMD."
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Kimmy

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 14, 2017, 08:18:53 AM
So a ladies man gets his comeuppance, is answer by a goddes of beauty, gender bent and becomes a paladin. I can get behind this surprisingly deep character and it's gives me an excuse to flesh out a little more of the pantheon

I'll work on a sheet then. @spins@ Thankies for the chance!

TFcommando - I was thinking of something like the duelist archetypes available for magus. The Magus class is totally the wrong fit - but there are a couple swashbuckling archetypes - Bladed Scarf Dancer & Kensai - these are more like a Duelist concept. They use trickery and clever fighting as an aid to their light armor - not just heavy steel plates. For me, it's all about the description. I think I can have a lot of fun writing a charming, divinely powered defense. It will be something new as well - I like new challenges :)

I also really want her wisdom to be her worst stat. Life just wouldn't as fun if she kept making all the right choices and wasn't annoying her goddess by charming, seducing and cheating people & monsters... I can imagine her downtime will be spent babysitting in the temple crèche or organising a Miss Templeton beauty pageant to gather more donations... It's just the right way to entice and patronise a beauty goddess...

I don't really want a monk archetype - I just don't really see it as suiting 'his' style. I'll work on a sheet and see where I get.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: TFcommando on February 14, 2017, 03:05:20 AM
Say, is the first pic in my series showing up upside down for anyone else?  It appears that way on some browsers, but not others.  Also, remembered how to adjust picture sizes and put the huge one to a more reasonable size.

It was upside down on Chrome but rightside up in Safari on my computers.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

wolfdreamer

Quote from: Muse on February 15, 2017, 02:54:02 AM

Name:         Ban Shadowsworn
Race:         Halfling
Class:      Unchained Rogue
Level:      2
Alignment:      Chaotic Good

Strength:      10   +0
Dexterity:      18   +4
Constitution:   14   +2
Intelligence:   16   +3
Wisdom:      8   -1
Charisma:      12   +1

-Traits- (Select Two Traits ; They cannot be from the Same Background)
Indomitable Faith: +1 Trait bonus on will saving throws. 
Reactionary: +2 initiative

-Skills-
Acrobatics      2   +3   +4   +2   +0   =d20+11
Appraise      1   +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+7
Bluff         2   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+6
Climb         2   +3   +0   +2   +0   =d20+7
Diplomacy      1   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+5
Disable Device   2   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+9
Escape Artist      2   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+9
Linguistics      1   +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+7
Perception      2   +3   -1   +0   +0   =d20+4
Pefrom: Theater   2   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+6
Sense Motive      2   +3   -1   +0   +0   =d20+4
Sleight of Hand   2   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+9
Stealth         2   +3   +4   +2   +0   =d20+11
Swim         1   +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+4
Use Magic Device   2   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d2+6

-Feats
Two Weapon Fighting

-Weapons and Magic-
Short Sword x2
   Attack Roll      +6 (+4 +4)
   Damage Roll      d4
   Critical      19-20 x2

Dagger x2
   Attack Roll      +6 (+4 +4)
   --Thrown      +7
   Damage Roll      d3
   Critical      19-20 x2
   Range         10

Containers
backpack
belt pouch

Gear
bedroll
caltrops
chalk (10)
flint and steel
grappling hook
iron pot
mess kit
mirror
pitons (10),
rope, Silk, 50'
soap
thieves’ tools
torches (10)
trail rations (5 days)
waterskin.

Coin
   Platinum   4
   Gold      6
   Silver      9
   Copper      10

Armor Class:   17   (Leather Armor +2, Dex +4, Size +1)
Initiative:      +6
Hit Points:      20

Saving Throws:
   Fortitude   0   +2   +1   +0   =d20+3
   Reflex   3   +4   +1   +0   =d20+8   Evasion
   Will      0   -1   +1   +1   =d20+1   

Languages:
   Common, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling

Personality: loves life. Wehn not on a job he likes to have fun, but once he is hired for a job he is all business (for the most part)

Brief History: His Father was a well respected and well to do treasure hunter that helped people explore ancient ruins and ocassionaly was hired by nobility to retrieve jewels and knicknacks that had been stolen or lost.
Once Ban was old enough his father trained him in the family business. 

Appearance: light skinned, brown hair, brown eyes. always has a smile on his face.

Kimmy

So here is a character sheet. It's just quickly done, so let me know if you want areas developed or to discuss your thoughts. I'd love feedback - even if you'll someone else. ^_^ I'm very chatty if poked. Ok, I tend to panic & ... I think Yelp is the best word. It's not a scream. People poke me so often I don't scream anymore, but my skin still crawls just as much... @whines@

Maxine Heart, A Paladin with a Masculine heart and a callous past

Name: Maxine Heart, formerly Sir Maximus Swells. I like cheesey...
Race: Human
Class: Paladin, possibly with the Dashing Hero Archetype or something similar? This archetype is almost perfect- but trades away all the healing powers so consider that for the party makeup. I'm happy to work with you for a less powerful archetype that combining what I'd like with new elements themed towards this Goddess, if you'd like to try and make something custom. It is also 3rd party content, so consider that too. I'm happy to be a healer or even just straight paladin. This character isn't minmaxed, they are definitely maxmined instead...
Level: 2
Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 16
Need to add +2 for being Human

-Traits -
~ Convincing Liar: You get +1 on Bluff and Intimidate & one of these skills is always a class skill.
~ Slippery: Combat, You get +1 to stealth checks and Stealth is always a class skill.

-Skills-
~ Acrobatics+71 Ranks+3 Dex & +3 Class
~ Bluff+92 Ranks+3 Cha +1 Trait +3 Class
~ Craft Armour+71 Rank+2 Int, +3 Class, +2 Tools
~ Diplomacy+92 Ranks+3 Cha +1 Trait +3 Class
~ Escape Artist+82 Ranks+3 Dex & +3 Class
~ Knowledge religion+61 Rank+2 Int, +3 Class
~ Perform Dancing+82 Rank+3 Cha & +3 Class
~ Ride+71 Rank+3 Dex, +3 Class
~ Stealth+92 Rank+3 Dex, +1 Trait, +3 Class

-Feats
Exotic Shield/Weapon Proficiency: Ladies War Fan
Ladies War Fan: this harmless looking fan has steel or hardwood ribs, with fine leather or thick cloth stretched across them. Whilst seemingly innocuous, the weapon is easily readied and these hardened ribs can be used to deflect or catch weapons. A skill user can even disarm an opponent through methods to catch and twist the weapon from their grasp. Such fans are commonly painted with small murals or landscapes - and it is common to see fine etching along the ribbing and outer casing.
A ladies fan counts as a light shield with +1 AC. A trained wielder can also make disarm checks at +2 CMB. They also have +5 against any checks to search for weapons and armour to overlook the fan.

~ Need to spend one more feat.

-Weapons and Magic-
Rapier, 2lbs, 20gp, 1d6 damage, 18-20/x2 piercing
Masterwork Parade Armour +3 AC, +5 Max Dex & 0 ACP, 20lbs, 175gp
Masterwork Ladies War Fan, +1 AC Light Shield, +2 to Disarm manevours, 1lbs, 155gp

-Equipment-
Entertainers Outfit, Tearaway clothing, 4lbs & 8gp - can be removed as a standard action. Because stripper clothing would actually fit her over the top figure...
45gp

-Class Abilities-
~ Favored Class Bonus: +1 Hp/level.
~ Light Armor Proficiency & Buckler Shield Proficiency
~ All Simple & Martial Weapon Proficiency
~ Aura of Good:
~ Detect Evil:
~ Smite Evil:
~ Heroes Finesse: You count as having Weapon Finesse for light and one handed piercing weapons. You can also substitute your Charisma for your Int for Combat feats.
~ Dashing a Rescue: When an ally is targeted, you can use 1 Panache point to move up to your move as an immediate action. During this move you can pick up the targeted ally and carry them off. You provoke AoO but your ally does not. If mounted, you can use your mounts speed instead. If you ally is no longer within range/reach of the attack, they are no longer subject to its effect.
~ Panache & Deeds: You gain your Charisma in Panche points each day.
~ You regain 1 Panache for confirming a critical hit or performing a killing blow.
~ Derring Do Deed: You can use 1 panache to add +1d6 to a Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly, Ride or Swim Check. You can do this after you roll. If you roll a 6, roll an extra. All 6's earn an extra d6.

Armor Class: 17 = 10 Base +3 Armour +1 Shield +3 Dex
Initiative: +3 Dex
Hit Points: 24
Fort: +6, Refl: +6 & Will: +5

Languages: Common, Elven & Slyvan.

Personality:
~ Charming & Easy Paced: Maxine likes to get through life with easy smiles, easy manners and never too much responsibility. She rarely gets such peace - but she often tries. And an easy meal or shortcut is hard for her to resist.
~ Confidence: Maxine is damn sure of herself. And she's also damn sure her afterlife will be spent tied to her Goddess. She's also a paladin and completely without fear. She will die and live eternal with her goddess... And her goddess is certainly not going to let death end her lessons... Still, she'd like to live. So when she acts, it's a cocky confidence that she has. A something extra that suggests she has a plan and a way of knowing it's all in her favour. That you should recheck the odds - you've missed something. And it's gonna hurt...
~ Old World Way: Maxine likes to treat other women like they are precious jewels. She likes to polish them up before taking them out to sparkle under the lights. She will open doors for them and offering them trinkets, drinks and anything fashionable. She will treat them like noblewomen, sharing tips and lessons in beauty and dressing. She will take them shopping - or even go shopping when she knows she can help. And once they are painted and strapped into their beauty, she will take them out to shine.
~ Sincere Flattery & Word Games: Maxine's favourite pastimes are flattering and charming women - even some men. She likes to be in everyone's good books. And she likes to play cleverly with words. Double meanings and entendres are a delight!
~ Divinely Fearful: As a paladin, she has no fears. But her closeness to her goddess makes her very aware of whenever she annoys - or worse, makes her jealous! As such, threats that concern her church and its members - or temptations that break those tenements she follows so carefully... Make her the most dangerous opponent. Because it makes her afraid of suffering divine punishment - something she will act in desperate need to avoid...
~ Faithful: Maxine follows her faith. Every morning morning wakes up and performs her prayers - a series of prayer and personal beauty. She will dress with fashion and beauty, even choosing to sacrifice function over form when choosing her equipment. Though this is in part divine punishment for her misdeeds. Maxine will dress with a feminine touch for the most part. But it is becoming a part of her nature - whether or not she likes this evolution.
~ Dislikes Children: Maxine's current punishment is to babysit at the temple Crèche. What's worse is whenever she helps I'm the fertility rituals, it's not about perving over naked bodies - no, instead she becomes a magical conduit for the energies needed to grow families. Her body becomes attuned to parenthood - making her see men as potential fathers and flawed mates... Making her see children as potential joys - instead of noisy terrors. And even making her thinking jealously about how she might never had a swollen bosom ready to feed life into a young mouth... As if she needed more weight on her chest...
Also, her goddess tends to speak to her during her morning prayers in the days coming after, offering to gift her twins... Even offering to take some powerfully persuasive mortal form to 'assist' the process...

Brief History: Maximus Swells, a flirtatious charmer known for charming every lady in the room- just to draw notice from the one who would spurn his every word. Maximus has an ex in every town, every court - and every brother. Of course, since he was chased into the Temple of Ruby Sisters, a local Goddess of Beauty, Heart, Passion & Protection, he's never been the same. Having slept with several of her clergy before slipping away with borrowed  goddess had used her power to chase him back. An Orcish ex with a hot temper chased him in her rage, beating him until he collapsed on the temple steps, offering anything for aid.
She accepted...
The next morning, he awoke to a larger world. Well, he was just smaller. And he swayed a lot. Actually he kinda curved a lot more too. But mostly she'd notice how much her chest swayed. Though boy did she gasp when she discovered what else had changed... All new curves in all the wrong places... A Goddess's gift - and punishment. What man wouldn't learn from their ways if they were now a women. A women so well designed that she was the "ideal".
Of course, old habits died hard. And whilst his, no, her old methods weren't quite right. She would learn new ones. Just as she'd learn about fine powders, delicate perfumes, the intricate bindings required for displaying hairstyles and busts. She'd learn about heels and a whole new perspective on soft lingerie... Of course, she'd also learn that a quiet kiss and a soft word can still charm a lady. As it can anger a young Goddess into jealousy...
Within this world there were many benefits. She worked with ensuite up women, helping them prepare dances and shows, even performing! She performed rites of fertility - though she found herself enjoying them for all the wrong reasons. For days afterward she would look at men as potential fathers and flawed ogres... She'd see children as precious instead of noisy- she even stare jealousy at mother's breasts, wondering if she could even have a child to need her swollen breast... And her Goddess would make polite offers during her morning prayers - temptaeous twins or even coming down as an angelic aspect to take her to heaven... Over and over again... Somehow Maxine resisted... But she was beginning to lose that sure sense of Masculinity she'd always had.

Having lost her previous shape - and much of her might - Maxine had given away her old armor and weapons. She'd donated the coins to help repay those she'd wronged. But when the Church offered to buy her make new armour - even buy her a new weapon, she'd had such hopes. When she realised she was being given the choice of chainmail and platemail bikinis... She took up the sewing courses she'd been neglecting to attend and starting making something for herself. The other girls helped of course - and they created something... Well it was beautiful, something you'd expect in a parade. But it was hardly the heavy plate she'd once had. Still, she worked hard not just to make it - but to learn to fight with the new design, gaining something different out of it. If she was cursed to be her previously 'ideal' woman, then she'd damn well make herself a good one. Because her goddess wasn't going to let go even if she did damn herself...

Maxine is happy to get out from the church - to have a quest. But she also seeks a girlfriend. Something real. Now that she is living with women, she is finally seeing them as more than passing fancies and her presence as a 'gift' on their boring lives. She tells herself she is hunting for a few new girls to explore her new body with. But in truth, she's starting to look for love. However, they say there is a fine line between love and hate. And the one she sees the most... The one she hates the most... Is her goddess... So who can compare to that?

Appearance: I'm a little undecided. I'd like GM input on the Goddess before I pick. I was thinking she'd either be tailored after the Goddess or after the local ideal for a woman. I'm thinking something iconic - Red hair and Emerald Eyes, perhaps Sun Soaked Blonde with blue eyes? She will definitely be short, light and toned in build. Her skin will be either tanned, pale or some thing deliciously darker... Her bust should be large - a solid D should look awkwardly noticeable on her smaller height and slimmer frame. Her figure should be an enviable hourglass. With hips large enough to explore - and leaving a figure that never quite fits anything without being measured to fit her. Her legs should be long, so her torso and arms are a little shorter. Making larger weapons a little more awkward to use. And her body is soft - begging to be touched. And of course, it's entirely too sensitive when it is...

But if you have other tastes, please share them with me. Or any suggestions at all...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Laughing Hyena

Absolutely beautiful and I will get into the details soon. However I am noticing that there are no healers whatsoever amongst any of the candidates.  I have no issues with this setup but do understand that difficulty becomes much higher. A few bad rolls can be that much more brutal.

Latooni Subota

I can always play my plague doctor, an Alchemist with a lot of infusions ready for y'all to sip like an Estus Flask. (And bombs! BOMBS!) I was sad when the last game I applied with her in didn't work out for me.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Chulanowa

I was looking towards a druid or shaman; but we'll see. I find I haven't had a great deal of time on my hands to crank out character ideas

Re Z L

I was actually poking around at a few ideas, all of them being healer-y

I was trying to figure out an Oracle, but fitting a particular style that doesn't seem exactly supported by the normal rules...

Hmmmm.

I've got most of it figured out though I think, I'll send a PM your way.
A&A

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 15, 2017, 06:26:02 PM
I can always play my plague doctor, an Alchemist with a lot of infusions ready for y'all to sip like an Estus Flask. (And bombs! BOMBS!) I was sad when the last game I applied with her in didn't work out for me.

To clarify - I feel like this needs to be said. You don't have to change your character if you feel comfortable with what you have. Just be aware of the situation. Also I shall be looking for those whom fit the lore of the land best and those whom can expand on the lore as a party.

I will be taking six of you just to be generous with the group.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 15, 2017, 06:23:10 PM
Absolutely beautiful and I will get into the details soon. However I am noticing that there are no healers whatsoever amongst any of the candidates.  I have no issues with this setup but do understand that difficulty becomes much higher. A few bad rolls can be that much more brutal.

My character is taking healing spells when she can.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 15, 2017, 06:45:10 PM
I was looking towards a druid or shaman; but we'll see. I find I haven't had a great deal of time on my hands to crank out character ideas

Dont fret I'll be patient and use the time to set up encounters.

TFcommando

Quote from: Kimmy on February 15, 2017, 12:13:58 PM
So here is a character sheet. It's just quickly done, so let me know if you want areas developed or to discuss your thoughts. I'd love feedback - even if you'll someone else. ^_^ I'm very chatty if poked. Ok, I tend to panic & ... I think Yelp is the best word. It's not a scream. People poke me so often I don't scream anymore, but my skin still crawls just as much... @whines@

Maxine Heart, A Paladin with a Masculine heart and a callous past

Name: Maxine Heart, formerly Sir Maximus Swells. I like cheesey...
Race: Human
Class: Paladin, possibly with the Dashing Hero Archetype or something similar? This archetype is almost perfect- but trades away all the healing powers so consider that for the party makeup. I'm happy to work with you for a less powerful archetype that combining what I'd like with new elements themed towards this Goddess, if you'd like to try and make something custom. It is also 3rd party content, so consider that too. I'm happy to be a healer or even just straight paladin. This character isn't minmaxed, they are definitely maxmined instead...
Level: 2
Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 16

-Traits -
~ Convincing Liar: You get +1 on Bluff and Intimidate & one of these skills is always a class skill.
~ Slippery: Combat, You get +1 to stealth checks and Stealth is always a class skill.

-Skills-
~ Acrobatics+71 Ranks+3 Dex & +3 Class
~ Bluff+92 Ranks+3 Cha +1 Trait +3 Class
~ Craft Armour+71 Rank+2 Int, +3 Class, +2 Tools
~ Diplomacy+92 Ranks+3 Cha +1 Trait +3 Class
~ Escape Artist+82 Ranks+3 Dex & +3 Class
~ Knowledge religion+61 Rank+2 Int, +3 Class
~ Perform Dancing+82 Rank+3 Cha & +3 Class
~ Ride+71 Rank+3 Dex, +3 Class
~ Stealth+92 Rank+3 Dex, +1 Trait, +3 Class

-Feats
Exotic Shield/Weapon Proficiency: Ladies War Fan
Ladies War Fan: this harmless looking fan has steel or hardwood ribs, with fine leather or thick cloth stretched across them. Whilst seemingly innocuous, the weapon is easily readied and these hardened ribs can be used to deflect or catch weapons. A skill user can even disarm an opponent through methods to catch and twist the weapon from their grasp. Such fans are commonly painted with small murals or landscapes - and it is common to see fine etching along the ribbing and outer casing.
A ladies fan counts as a light shield with +1 AC. A trained wielder can also make disarm checks at +2 CMB. They also have +5 against any checks to search for weapons and armour to overlook the fan.

-Weapons and Magic-
Rapier, 2lbs, 20gp, 1d6 damage, 18-20/x2 piercing
Masterwork Parade Armour +3 AC, +5 Max Dex & 0 ACP, 20lbs, 175gp
Masterwork Ladies War Fan, +1 AC Light Shield, +2 to Disarm manevours, 1lbs, 155gp

-Equipment-
Entertainers Outfit, Tearaway clothing, 4lbs & 8gp - can be removed as a standard action. Because stripper clothing would actually fit her over the top figure...
45gp

-Class Abilities-
~ Light Armor Proficiency & Buckler Shield Proficiency
~ All Simple & Martial Weapon Proficiency
~ Aura of Good:
~ Detect Evil:
~ Smite Evil:
~ Heroes Finesse: You count as having Weapon Finesse for light and one handed piercing weapons. You can also substitute your Charisma for your Int for Combat feats.
~ Dashing a Rescue: When an ally is targeted, you can use 1 Panache point to move up to your move as an immediate action. During this move you can pick up the targeted ally and carry them off. You provoke AoO but your ally does not. If mounted, you can use your mounts speed instead. If you ally is no longer within range/reach of the attack, they are no longer subject to its effect.
~ Panache & Deeds: You gain your Charisma in Panche points each day.
~ You regain 1 Panache for confirming a critical hit or performing a killing blow.
~ Derring Do Deed: You can use 1 panache to add +1d6 to a Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly, Ride or Swim Check. You can do this after you roll. If you roll a 6, roll an extra. All 6's earn an extra d6.

Armor Class: 17 = 10 Base +3 Armour +1 Shield +3 Dex
Initiative: +3 Dex
Hit Points: 22
Fort: +6, Refl: +6 & Will: +5

Languages: Common, Elven & Slyvan

Personality:
~ Charming & Easy Paced: Maxine likes to get through life with easy smiles, easy manners and never too much responsibility. She rarely gets such peace - but she often tries. And an easy meal or shortcut is hard for her to resist.
~ Confidence: Maxine is damn sure of herself. And she's also damn sure her afterlife will be spent tied to her Goddess. She's also a paladin and completely without fear. She will die and live eternal with her goddess... And her goddess is certainly not going to let death end her lessons... Still, she'd like to live. So when she acts, it's a cocky confidence that she has. A something extra that suggests she has a plan and a way of knowing it's all in her favour. That you should recheck the odds - you've missed something. And it's gonna hurt...
~ Old World Way: Maxine likes to treat other women like they are precious jewels. She likes to polish them up before taking them out to sparkle under the lights. She will open doors for them and offering them trinkets, drinks and anything fashionable. She will treat them like noblewomen, sharing tips and lessons in beauty and dressing. She will take them shopping - or even go shopping when she knows she can help. And once they are painted and strapped into their beauty, she will take them out to shine.
~ Sincere Flattery & Word Games: Maxine's favourite pastimes are flattering and charming women - even some men. She likes to be in everyone's good books. And she likes to play cleverly with words. Double meanings and entendres are a delight!
~ Divinely Fearful: As a paladin, she has no fears. But her closeness to her goddess makes her very aware of whenever she annoys - or worse, makes her jealous! As such, threats that concern her church and its members - or temptations that break those tenements she follows so carefully... Make her the most dangerous opponent. Because it makes her afraid of suffering divine punishment - something she will act in desperate need to avoid...
~ Faithful: Maxine follows her faith. Every morning morning wakes up and performs her prayers - a series of prayer and personal beauty. She will dress with fashion and beauty, even choosing to sacrifice function over form when choosing her equipment. Though this is in part divine punishment for her misdeeds. Maxine will dress with a feminine touch for the most part. But it is becoming a part of her nature - whether or not she likes this evolution.
~ Dislikes Children: Maxine's current punishment is to babysit at the temple Crèche. What's worse is whenever she helps I'm the fertility rituals, it's not about perving over naked bodies - no, instead she becomes a magical conduit for the energies needed to grow families. Her body becomes attuned to parenthood - making her see men as potential fathers and flawed mates... Making her see children as potential joys - instead of noisy terrors. And even making her thinking jealously about how she might never had a swollen bosom ready to feed life into a young mouth... As if she needed more weight on her chest...
Also, her goddess tends to speak to her during her morning prayers in the days coming after, offering to gift her twins... Even offering to take some powerfully persuasive mortal form to 'assist' the process...

Brief History: Maximus Swells, a flirtatious charmer known for charming every lady in the room- just to draw notice from the one who would spurn his every word. Maximus has an ex in every town, every court - and every brother. Of course, since he was chased into the Temple of Ruby Sisters, a local Goddess of Beauty, Heart, Passion & Protection, he's never been the same. Having slept with several of her clergy before slipping away with borrowed  goddess had used her power to chase him back. An Orcish ex with a hot temper chased him in her rage, beating him until he collapsed on the temple steps, offering anything for aid.
She accepted...
The next morning, he awoke to a larger world. Well, he was just smaller. And he swayed a lot. Actually he kinda curved a lot more too. But mostly she'd notice how much her chest swayed. Though boy did she gasp when she discovered what else had changed... All new curves in all the wrong places... A Goddess's gift - and punishment. What man wouldn't learn from their ways if they were now a women. A women so well designed that she was the "ideal".
Of course, old habits died hard. And whilst his, no, her old methods weren't quite right. She would learn new ones. Just as she'd learn about fine powders, delicate perfumes, the intricate bindings required for displaying hairstyles and busts. She'd learn about heels and a whole new perspective on soft lingerie... Of course, she'd also learn that a quiet kiss and a soft word can still charm a lady. As it can anger a young Goddess into jealousy...
Within this world there were many benefits. She worked with ensuite up women, helping them prepare dances and shows, even performing! She performed rites of fertility - though she found herself enjoying them for all the wrong reasons. For days afterward she would look at men as potential fathers and flawed ogres... She'd see children as precious instead of noisy- she even stare jealousy at mother's breasts, wondering if she could even have a child to need her swollen breast... And her Goddess would make polite offers during her morning prayers - temptaeous twins or even coming down as an angelic aspect to take her to heaven... Over and over again... Somehow Maxine resisted... But she was beginning to lose that sure sense of Masculinity she'd always had.

Having lost her previous shape - and much of her might - Maxine had given away her old armor and weapons. She'd donated the coins to help repay those she'd wronged. But when the Church offered to buy her make new armour - even buy her a new weapon, she'd had such hopes. When she realised she was being given the choice of chainmail and platemail bikinis... She took up the sewing courses she'd been neglecting to attend and starting making something for herself. The other girls helped of course - and they created something... Well it was beautiful, something you'd expect in a parade. But it was hardly the heavy plate she'd once had. Still, she worked hard not just to make it - but to learn to fight with the new design, gaining something different out of it. If she was cursed to be her previously 'ideal' woman, then she'd damn well make herself a good one. Because her goddess wasn't going to let go even if she did damn herself...

Maxine is happy to get out from the church - to have a quest. But she also seeks a girlfriend. Something real. Now that she is living with women, she is finally seeing them as more than passing fancies and her presence as a 'gift' on their boring lives. She tells herself she is hunting for a few new girls to explore her new body with. But in truth, she's starting to look for love. However, they say there is a fine line between love and hate. And the one she sees the most... The one she hates the most... Is her goddess... So who can compare to that?

Appearance: I'm a little undecided. I'd like GM input on the Goddess before I pick. I was thinking she'd either be tailored after the Goddess or after the local ideal for a woman. I'm thinking something iconic - Red hair and Emerald Eyes, perhaps Sun Soaked Blonde with blue eyes? She will definitely be short, light and toned in build. Her skin will be either tanned, pale or some thing deliciously darker... Her bust should be large - a solid D should look awkwardly noticeable on her smaller height and slimmer frame. Her figure should be an enviable hourglass. With hips large enough to explore - and leaving a figure that never quite fits anything without being measured to fit her. Her legs should be long, so her torso and arms are a little shorter. Making larger weapons a little more awkward to use. And her body is soft - begging to be touched. And of course, it's entirely too sensitive when it is...

But if you have other tastes, please share them with me. Or any suggestions at all...

It looks like you forgot the +2 to one attribute that Human gets you, and the bonus feat too.

Would a Paladin's rigid code really fit?  Maxine strikes me as someone still struggling with her goddess's ideas in some ways... and the goddess doesn't seem lawful good.  Good, yes, lawful, not so much.

Just tossing this out there, but maybe she's being groomed to use her old, rakish charm and scandalous skills in a productive way, a different tool than a typically rigid paladin.

A Bard with the Arcane Healer archetype for instance... all the desired wicked skills, then take Weapon Finnese for fighting and say that the spells were divinely gifted. 

Or a Magus with Eldritch Scion and the Celestial bloodline, giving her weapon the Good alignment for damaging evil foes. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Laughing Hyena

@Kimmy

That's quickly? Jesus, setting the bar high on me to get this right.  ^_^

First off let us get into the Goddess in question, the Ruby Sisters. I only noticed one sister in the backstory so that obviously is questioned. The second is I already have a pair of twin gods and wouldn't wish to oversaturate the divine market. But the most important issue I have is with the more direct interest the Goddess shows in your character and other suggestive situations she deems. The reason is because, I then have to consider if the other Gods and Goddesses take issue with this or if this is a rebellious and as you said young goddess.

In short are they Greyhawk Gods (where they are hands off) or Forgotten Realms Gods (very hands on)? Im gonna give this some extra thought later on after some debate, but I shall get back to this tonight.

Other than this, I have to say this is welcome and refreshing even if I am unfamiliar with the third party material. I enjoyed the character and the backstory involved.

Finally since you left this in my hands with the appearance, I shall do such. You said you wanted something more iconic and striking, that the goddess remade your chevalier into a form she considers. I hope you do not mind me taking liberties to reshape the goddess to fit the pantheon I intended to forge for this campaign.

Delilah, The Sun Queen -  (The Ruby Maiden, The Beauty Born of Sunlight, The Immaculate Princess)

Domains: Charm, Love, Pleasure, Sun, Good

Holy Symbol -  A Four Pronged Star within a Circle

Appearance - With a sheer white dress adorned by faint golden trim to barely reveal the lovely olive skin underneath and a golden cloak clasped by a ruby brooch, this woman carries herself with incredible grace. Her deep green eyes of the goddess transfix those whom look up her and a smile of ruby red lips could make many fall to their knees. She is immaculately beautiful with long red hair that goes to the shoulders that looks like it was spun from sunlight. She walks barefoot upon the ground and every motion of her body makes every sensual curve become pronounced. Depictions vary on what form she takes, with the most common depiction of her being a human or elf. Most however assert that her figure is breathtakingly curvaceous, with supple breasts and generous hips even if she stands barely around five feet in height.

Personality - Her merciful nature is most prevalent as she will forgive those whom have committed sinful deeds whom devote themselves to her. She will accept worship from men but she demands her clerics and champions of the church be female. She disavows chastity amongst her church as she considers it wasteful. She cannot stand the legions of the dead nor those whom create them as she sees them as a mockery of life and defiler of beauty. She is more prone to intervene in some measure to those whom devote themselves to her and is not afraid to show herself in some capacity to those committed to her.

Dogma - Show mercy when you can for today's sinners are tomorrows heroes. Do not tolerate those of black heart, and show the strength of the sun when need be. Take care of your beauty and youth, yet show grace and humility. In the springtime of your youth, enjoy the pleasures of both flesh and spirit where you may. In the autumn of your years, devote yourself to family and children. Nurture the beauty of life and defend it from the undead.

Kimmy

@Laughing Hyena: Ask Muse for my idea of something more developed. Still to have such inspiration so quickly is such a wonderful sign that I've found some interesting people I really want to write with.

On my take of a Goddess, I tried not to over develop - it's your deity. But you got the right sort of ideas from what I hoping. I do admit I'm used to Faerunian dieties and Anime Comedies, but that hands on nature could be just something more initial - a Divine wake up cast down by her clerics magics to punish a wicked but hardly forsaken boy. With perhaps a quiet chiding word during her prayer to encourage more obedience (just a mere breathe of 'Twins' would be more than enough to guide this wayward soul) - most of her punishments, troubles and 'divine threats' could well come from other clergy. I can imagine Maxine being asked to help the other faithful in ways that she might well have taken advantage of once... But now... Now she knows those suffering hearts need a deeper comfort than a mere kiss might repair. Or perhaps her own heart is taking a deeper comfort from her offerings... And well, when she does start to stray, some more on point reminders for the other clerics - or even some awkwardly well timed magics might reinforce her lessons... Good clerics can cast curses and they can be more than stat penalties.

I think I'm looking for the term "Evolution" of character. Though I'd hope she doesn't stray too far from her original self either.

Another thought is that at the start of her story she was subject to divine magic. This would be a curse (& gift) called down by clerics - enacted out by the Goddess. Perhaps in a way that was more potent than intended. But that can be blamed on angry jealousy of her lovers piling al, their tangled emotions together into one big spell. But the idea that the Goddess doesn't have to be the direct source of her torments and troubles. The clerics themselves would be. Of course, she could be an angry, altogether too life like Faerunian diety filled with her own jealousies and angers - past relationships with other gods and powerful beings turned sour perhaps - to pile onto Maxine's slim shoulders. Be it a quiet word during prayer, a divine sign, an angry lecture - or even some new curse or edict that applies until a lesson is learned or a debt repaid in a way true to ones heart... whichever way you play it, I'm fairly sure such thoughts could easily wrap into the story you've hinted at. Leaving a wonderful trail of character development tangling itself about your plot hooks and story arcs.

And remember, at level 5, only Good Paladin's get unicorns. Bad ones get ... nightmares? Maybe she'll have to redeem her mount from some evil path? I can see a capricious test there...

The Ruby sisters was a reference to the clerics and not the goddess herself. Sisters as in sisterhood. I was borrowing from Sune's Ruby Knights. I was feeling rather short on names I'm afraid :/

TFcommando: I also never particular saw an alignment besides good. I don't mind where her alignment sits. I think lawful is fine though - I think she'd follow her temples laws and dieties ways - over any letter of the law. It an evolution of character, a forced change. But not one that is unsuited to her spirit. Certainly, Maxine would dislike breaking the law. As it leads to trouble for the church - which ultimately leads to more punishments whenever she comes back... But she'd hardly be a black and white Paladin. But the you can perceive an describe most acts to suit an alignment. So different perspectives offer new views.

I do have some thoughts on names. I feel the temple should hold sunstones - rubies and emeralds that hold an eternal flame inside their facets. It doesn't matter if the stone is precious or just common Quartz. Their use will mark Delilah's blessing, perhaps a common element to enchanted equipment? A stone might be set to a sceptor for a blessed ruler, a pommel for a warrior with a holy or flaming sword. An epic warrior might have earned herself scale mail crafted from chips of a shattered sunstone - something that once offered a guiding flame to an entire temple, now transformed to protect their most precious heroine? These items should shed light, just as their goddess does each day.

As for Delilah, I'm quite happy to follow in her image. She's delightful.

On healing - I'd really have preferred an archetype that traded away other things besides a paladin's healing. But there simply isn't one. If you'd like to discuss an alternative set of trade offers, even just restoring lay on hands, let me know. A little hearings helps a lot - and its iconic Paladin. the archetype I've suggested offers a lot - so it needs to take a lot as well. But maybe we can do something.

Quote from: Laughing HyenaFinally since you left this in my hands with the appearance, I shall do such. You said you wanted something more iconic and striking, that the goddess remade your chevalier into a form she considers. I hope you do not mind me taking liberties to reshape the goddess to fit the pantheon I intended to forge for this campaign.

In the end, it's having this sort of collaboration that I look for in a GM. If I'm left to just do my own thing, I may as well write alone. And if I'm not to affect the world or story, I may as well read a book. Never apologise for sharing brilliance and drawing upon the ideas offered too you. If you feel you must, then I'd be left wondering if you aren't suited to your writing partner.

Personally, it looks like your doing brilliantly. So take a few more liberties and shine.

Laughing Hyena

@Kimmy

Well it seems others have taken a shining to this goddess so I shall try and have her come up more than just backstory. Anyway I shall develop more on the clergy of the Sun Queen. If we can discuss more in PMs that is a bonus as well.

Im happy to collaborate. Anyway I shall take those punishments into consideration but I will ask for some measure of elaboration via PM. ^_^

PS - This applies to others. Please let me know if you wish to put a better mark into the campaign with lore or whatnot. Other questions can be shot to me via PM if need be.

Kimmy

I'll bounce you some additional thoughts then! Punishments and Goddess thoughts. I'll see what I can mix up.

@spins@ so excited to see this come to shape...

RubySlippers

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 15, 2017, 11:31:41 PM
@Kimmy

Well it seems others have taken a shining to this goddess so I shall try and have her come up more than just backstory. Anyway I shall develop more on the clergy of the Sun Queen. If we can discuss more in PMs that is a bonus as well.

Im happy to collaborate. Anyway I shall take those punishments into consideration but I will ask for some measure of elaboration via PM. ^_^

PS - This applies to others. Please let me know if you wish to put a better mark into the campaign with lore or whatnot. Other questions can be shot to me via PM if need be.

I'm thinking my character worships the ancestor spirits and nature unless you have better ideas but it fits a Knight of the Green best IMHO. But those could be scary powerful ancestor spirits and forces of nature.

Snake

I'm interested but it seems liek most of the players here are female. is that by rule or by player choice? ;3

Laughing Hyena

I see at least one or two people attempting to play males. So yes it is players choice. If you want questions on the lore of the campaign or wish to try and want to make new lore, that is perfectly fine. Just talk it over with me.

Laughing Hyena

Sorry to double post but this needs to be addressed in its own post. Nothing major, but another player has asked me questions about comfort concerning character death and whether or not there would be sexy bad ends. I wanted to see what the opinions are regarding the concepts of death. As stated before, I am not intending to sexualize gore but I originally wasn't going to shy away from the death of heroes. Its a risky business after all and the risk should still exist because if it is removed, it also removes a good amount of tension.

So please, don't be scared to approach me and talk to me about the comfort levels of the team.

TFcommando

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 16, 2017, 06:07:02 PM
Sorry to double post but this needs to be addressed in its own post. Nothing major, but another player has asked me questions about comfort concerning character death and whether or not there would be sexy bad ends. I wanted to see what the opinions are regarding the concepts of death. As stated before, I am not intending to sexualize gore but I originally wasn't going to shy away from the death of heroes. Its a risky business after all and the risk should still exist because if it is removed, it also removes a good amount of tension.

So please, don't be scared to approach me and talk to me about the comfort levels of the team.

One thing I've seen around is that PCs don't die when they run out of hit points, they just go down, and a coup de grace is needed to finish them off.  That's also good to apply to named/interesting villains.  Thus, enemies can threaten the PCs by pointing a blade at their fallen friend, or retreating foes (or a tentacle monster) might carry off the unconscious ones, providing a chance for the others to save them... or not!  In the event of everyone going down, they can wake up somewhere interesting, being mounted by orcs, slave ships, gladiatorial arena, etc.  So instead of death, you can transition to a "bad middle," that they can endure or escape from. 

Heroes in literature are captured all the time, but that's rare in RPGs because of player attitudes and the game mechanical issues of taking prisoners.  This sort of rule setup (and player buy-in) could make it more possible.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Gateman

so, I'm really interested in this, but I'm a complete newb when it comes to Pathfinder. Would you be willing to take on someone like that for your party?

Laughing Hyena

Depends on how well you can learn it and also how well your sheet looks. After all I only have room for six people. Still you have a shot as it is not first come first serve. ^_^

Gateman

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 17, 2017, 03:10:17 AM
Depends on how well you can learn it and also how well your sheet looks. After all I only have room for six people. Still you have a shot as it is not first come first serve. ^_^

I'm used to RPGs, I can figure something out ^^ I just didn't want to put in the effort to make a sheet only to be turned away for inexperience, you know? I'll get started posthaste