Exalted 2nd edition Looking for a group and Storyteller.

Started by Starfall Smiting Prince, August 09, 2010, 11:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starfall Smiting Prince

Well with an username like that, yeah you guessed right that I do enjoy the exalted game quite a bit. So I'm looking to play in an exalted game, willing to play any kind of celestial exalted or even a god-blooded (if a game focused on god blooded). I was a never big fan of the dragon blooded so not looking forward to play any of those.
What else? Ah yeah, if someone even want to do a campaign based on the Return of the Scarlet Empress, I'll be more than willing to play in it.
I like some kind of storyline to the roleplay but could play sandbox too. I think that having a common goal does help focusing the story more and stop the stalling of the story. I never played an Infernal exalted yet so bonus if someone want to make a game focused on the infernal coven and akumas.

I think that will be all.  Any questions? feel free to ask.

fallensaviour

Muse

Apologies that my own games are too full to accept an more, Starfall. 

I would ADORE a chance to play though. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Starfall Smiting Prince

No need to apologize man no problem, hopefully someone will make a game out of it.

avorae

I am so down for some exalted if we can get a ST to run it that is.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Sabriel

I may be interested in joining in on this, that is if all would not mind me being new at 2nd edition Exalted I do have the main book and the Lunars, but that's about it and Ive never played the new edition.  Ill keep any eye on this anyway, I hope you can find someone to run it.  :-)

Empyrean

I like Exalted a good deal and would be interested in STing but I'll be honest from the start. If I did ST I would need help with the mechanics part of the game. Fluff I get, crunch not so much. And, learning from past mistakes on here, I'd like the group fairly small.

That all said, I did just finish reading RotSE and I'd be interested in running a game based on it. :) By preference I'd prefer Celestial Exalted, though I could work with Terrestrials.

Starfall Smiting Prince

Alright I can help on the mechanics a bit if you have question but the best way to think about it well at least on the skill test kind of thing, you decide what rolls the players make.
For combat, there aren't really any easier way to explain but the way they have it laid out in the book (doesn't mean that it is easy, sadly have to reread it multiple times to get it) but essentially using x action changes your position in initiative during combat barring of course the use of charms.
A small group is fine with me, which group of exalted would you feel more comfortable in ST'ing?

Empyrean

Yeah. I can re-read and make adjustments as necessary. :)

As for the other question: I'd prefer Celestial Exalted. Solars, Lunars, and Infernals would work, but the book really got me interested in a setting where Sidereal PCs take the front stage. I like the thought of the PCs being (or becoming) the last Sidereals in existence and having to shoulder the fate of Creation on very young, untested shoulders. :)

That said, I'd have no qualms running a game for Infernals and akuma trying to claim Creation for their masters or running for Solars and/or Lunars out to save the world. :)

Starfall Smiting Prince

In order of preference at least for me for this game would be:
1.-Infernal and Akuma
2. Sidereals
3. Lunars

I do like the solars a lot but I want to see a different point of views from other celestial exalted  because Most of the exalted games that I played involved a circle of solars.

Creeper

I'd also be up for this, but with a preference for Solar Exalted or Alchemicals.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

HairyHeretic

I'm waiting for my FLGS to get in copies of the Return. I may well run it, depending on what I think of the campaign and how much I'd want to adjust things.

Infernals and Alchemicals wouldn't really fit into it mind you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Starfall Smiting Prince

I wouldn't mind playing in two campaigns of exalted if you do decide to run it as well, I see it as an opportunity to see the story from another POV plus each ST tells a story fairly differently and have room to do so with people like the Emissary etc...

HairyHeretic

Very true. I suspect every GM is going to put their own twist on the setting.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

avorae

Quote from: Empyrean on August 10, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
Yeah. I can re-read and make adjustments as necessary. :)

As for the other question: I'd prefer Celestial Exalted. Solars, Lunars, and Infernals would work, but the book really got me interested in a setting where Sidereal PCs take the front stage. I like the thought of the PCs being (or becoming) the last Sidereals in existence and having to shoulder the fate of Creation on very young, untested shoulders. :)

That said, I'd have no qualms running a game for Infernals and akuma trying to claim Creation for their masters or running for Solars and/or Lunars out to save the world. :)

Hmmm... Ive never played a sidereal before could be interesting to do. Well which ever you decide to do I am interested either way so count me in.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Picked up the Return this evening. Should hopefully get a chance to skim through it by the weekend, and will see how I am for time then.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Empyrean

HairyHeretic

If I like the campaign ideas, and feel I have time enough to do it, yes.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Empyrean

Okay cool. If you have time to run it then I'll happily be a player. If not I'll try to ST for the group.

Synecdoche17

Hi! :D

I haven't really done system games before, but I hear from a friend who's a fan of White Wolf that I would like this game's setting. So, total newbie, and I guess I don't have any preference for plot, other than wanting to be one of the 'good guys'.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Lira

I never played in an Exalted game, and not sure of the rules and whatnot, but I might be interested.  Can anyone recommend a website for a decent crash course in Exalted?

Starfall Smiting Prince

Hey Synecdocte, well the good guys by default are the solars(even some of them don't technically have to be nice) but imagine that the whole world believe that most of you are insane and monsters.

Hey Lira, here the wiki, it should help a bit at least: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Main_Page
For the system well, it's storyteller but I would say that it would be very hard without the books mostly due to combat being fairly complex and the possibility for people to do combos and the likes.

Brandon

Cant believe I didnt see this till now

Also interessted, although I havnt played much and will have to brush up on the rules. Is there anything set in stone yet as far as open material, settings, the types of exalts, or stories?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Starfall Smiting Prince

So far seems like it's leaning toward the Solars if Hairy does choose to gm it.

Empyrean

Muse

May I also suggest for new people, the web comic Keychain of Creation? 

Empyrean

Muse's suggestion is a great one. :) Informative and funny as hell! The link to the comic's first episode is: http://keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0001.html

HairyHeretic

If I run it, I would be ok with Solars and Lunars.

Infernals would obviously be out. Alchemicals I would have trouble intergrating.

Dragonbloods, while normally not really fitting with a celestial group, might actually work in this setting, but there could be problems in terms of power levels. Outcaste are a possibility.

Sidereals I would have to see, as I believe there may be canon issues complicating matters there.

Abyssals ... tricky. A ronin Abyssal might work, but I'd need something to really grab me there.

Did I miss anything?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

It would be so epically awesome to play in the Return of the Empress, Hairy.  Any way I can encourage you? 

Empyrean

Hairy: Would ronin Sidereal work?

Otherwise, yeah. I echo Muse. ^_^

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Muse on August 12, 2010, 03:17:20 PM
It would be so epically awesome to play in the Return of the Empress, Hairy.  Any way I can encourage you?

Add more hours to the day? :)

Honestly, I do want to play it, but my concern is my time. I'm not the fastest poster, especially with having a lot on my plate at present. If I decided to run this, I'd want to make sure I actually could run it to a decent standard.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

fallensaviour

if it helps i could kill your scion character ;) (kidding :P)

Hikari

I'd like to play.  I could come up with a Solar, Abyssal, or Infernal fairly easily.  A Lunar or Sidereal...  possibly, but I don't really have anything in mind for that.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

HairyHeretic

Quote from: fallensaviour on August 12, 2010, 11:21:47 PM
if it helps i could kill your scion character ;) (kidding :P)

Running a game takes more time than simply playing in one, but I appreciate the offer  :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The Great Triangle

If people are interested in an Exalted game, I might be able to cook something up. 

There will be certain limitations, however; specifically, I'm uninterested in running a game involving Solars.  I also can generally only post after 8PM Eastern Time, and possibly in the mornings if the flow of the game goes well.  I'm most interested in running something extremely low power, like heroic mortals (see my ad for that game)  but I'd be willing to run Exalted as long as they weren't solars.

Some games I might be willing to run: 

-A group of Lunars deal with loony solar mates in the East.
-Dragon Blooded and Sidereals try to avert (or win) realm civil war on the blessed isle
-A Rebellious group of Abyssals under the First and Forsaken Lion campaign against the Bull of the North.
-Alchemical Exalted open up a ghost hunting business in Nexus.  (to restore the supply of souls in Autocthonia)
-After a plague wipes out all humans, Dragon Kings must protect and guard the ascended animals who will regenerate humanity.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Pumpkin Seeds

Those sound neat Triangle.  And yay, Return of the Scarlet Empress is on its way to my greedy fingers.

Brandon

Out of all those the Dragonblooded and sidreals looks the most interesting to me. Although Alchemicals could be cool too but I dont know a thing about them yet (havnt actually read their book yet). The other ideas have potential but they dont really call out to me.

The only one I think I wouldnt want to do is the Lunars one, Ive got a Lunar going in an active game already and it would be nice to change things up
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Hikari

The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

The Unholy Potato

I would also like to chip in and state my interest in playing (or even running, though I have less experience, there) Exalted! However, I do have to ask the following: would it most likely take the form of a PBP affair, or would we somehow work it out on a chat of some sort?

Secondarily, would we be using the Errata or perhaps the Hundredfold Facets of Enlightenment*? Both would be rather nifty, in my mind. And free, too!

*Black and White here.

The Great Triangle

If I'm running, all officially published Eratta will be used, but anything from Hundredfold Facets of Enlightenment will be considered player created custom material.  (in other words, ST permission is needed, but you're free to use it as long as you don't think you're entitled to use it.)  On a personal level, I have serious issues with some of the hundredfold facets material, but most of it is fine, or I'll accept it with minor changes.

I would be willing to do online chats for sections of the game, perhaps on irc, yahoo, or aol, though there will definately be a pbp section between chats.  If the majority of players can attend, they would usually be scheduled late Eastern time (after 8 PM)  I might also be able to run longer sessions on certain days where players can discuss issues and run scenes, and on those days, I'll pretty much be online all day.

So, of the games on the docket, here's the current votes:

Dragonblooded Brink of War: 2
Abyssal "Loyalists": 1
Alchemical Ghostbusters: 0.5
Shapeshifting Sex-Slaves: -1

Naturally, some more people will need to chime in.  :-) 

Ons and Offs

Pumpkin Seeds

Starfall Smiting Prince

Why not, I'll put my vote on the abyssal side of things.

The Unholy Potato

Well, I was more hoping for Solar, but I suppose Abyssals are a viable alternative! If anything, it makes the concept I've been kicking around even more fun, if a bit crazier, too.

Muse

The Great Triangle

Seems like a strong show of support for the abyssals.  *smiles*  And it's something I could work with, if you people are interested.  If there's not major opposition from certain quarters, I would be willing to run an Abyssals game.

All of your characters will have to begin as a circle under the First and Forsaken Lion, though you can also take the Black Heron as a leige if you're feeling feisty.  The group will be given horrific objectives by the Lion, sent out into creation, and then recalled back to the Deathlord's citadel to report on their progress.  A major theme of the game will be finding ways to sabotage the Lion, or come up with ways of breaking creation even WORSE than what the Deathlord envisioned.

PC on PC conflict is very probable, so I do reccomend picking up mental perfect defenses unless you want to get bullied into things by your companions. 

Character creation will use the normal rules in Manual of Exalted Power: Abyssals, except that characters automatically get a single perfect defense charm for free, plus all prerequisite charms, provided they meet the minimum essence and ability requirements.  Valid charms to get through this method include: Death Deflecting Technique (in melee), Wounds Mean Nothing (in resistance), or Flickering Wisp Technique (in dodge).  Only Abyssal or Solar charms are valid for your free perfect defense charm, though getting access to solar charms would stretch the limits of a starting character.

Another house rule which may affect your starting decisions is that health will be calculated differently from normal Exalted chronicles.  Characters get a number of -1 and -2 health levels equal to their stamina, and for each point by which a character's essence exceeds 1, the character gets an additional -2 and two -4 health levels.  Abyssals are champions of death, and they are HARD to kill.

Note that it is still valid to pick up deathlords other than the First and Forsaken Lion as mentors, if you so choose.

Ons and Offs

Brandon

well if were doing abyssals Im calling the midnight caste. Ive got a deliciously devious idea for one

The Unholy Potato

I plan to play either a Daybreak or Moonshadow Caste, though I am thoroughly wiling to negotiate with others if someone else has an overwhelming desire to play one or both of those, instead.

Edit: Also, Triangle, I assume I should PM you for specifics if I want to use merits/whatever? Or do you have a basic ruling for including or excluding all those finicky little things found in the various sourcebooks?

The Great Triangle

Merits and Flaws are completely banned.  Other things from Scroll of Heroes might be allowed on a case by case basis.  Mutations are alright, though you may get no more than 7 bonus points from negative mutations, and I'd prefer if players went easy on them.

Other than that, I'm fairly okay with most official sources, though I retain the right to veto things that are overpowered (such as oblivion's panoply armor) 

Feel free to PM though!

I don't think there should be too much worry about niche protection, since there's more than enough conceptual space in all the castes for an entire circle to be formed from one caste.  If two players DO pick the same caste, though, they should examine their concepts to make sure they're not stepping on each others' toes.

The other major house rule I'll be using is that taking sorcery initiation charms is unneccisary to use sorcery.  In my games, the charms only exist is a means to initiate in sorcery without having to go through the salinian working (and do the trials).  If a player does use abyssal charms to become a sorcerer or necromancer, spells which animate or create new beings cost 5 motes less to cast per circle.  (so 2nd circle spells cost 10 motes less to cast, and 3rd circle spells cost 15 motes less to cast)

Ons and Offs

Brandon

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out

Hikari

The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Brandon

did they ever make artifact equivalents of War fans? If so where can I find them? If not could I just use the fate wheel from Scroll of the monk except make it a fan?

The Great Triangle

According to the Weapons and Armor compendium, here's the stats of a soulsteel artifact war fan:

Artifact 2

Speed 5, Accuracy +5, Damage +2L, Defense +3, Rate 6, Min: Strength 1, Attune 6m, tags: M     (stats for a pair.  A single war fan is artifact 1, rate 3, and attune 3m)

Basically, it's a slower short daiklave which is better at defense, and slightly less efficient at damage

Ons and Offs

Brandon

So then its 2 background dots for a pair of them right? If so that works out perfectly

The Great Triangle

That's correct.  :-)  They're pretty heavily optimized for death of a thousand cuts style fighting, which works quite well against dragon bloods and sidereals, though you won't be QUITE as good when fighting gods and solars/lunars.  (not that you'll be fighting celestial exalts very often, if at all)

Of course, you could also adopt a fighting style that simply relies on being able to touch the opponent to defeat them, usually with exotic martial arts techniques.  Then the effectiveness of your fighting style would depend mostly upon the immunities of your target

Ons and Offs

Brandon

This is a rough draft, and I may end up changing her weapons to Khatars. Unless we can rule that war fans work as form weapons for Abyssal hero style :P Also I havnt decided on her intimacies yet but most of them will likely be idealogical. I dunno, this is also my first abyssal so constructive critism is welcome

Name: Laughing Mask of despair
Sexual orientation: Homosexual
Caste: Midnight
Motivation: To spread her hedonistic religion till it causes the high standing merchants, nobles, and royalty of the world to implode
Intamacies: Lover Clad in the raiment of tears, The order of bliss, Idea: wealth and power should be used to bring happiness to normal people. Those that hoard it and use it for only their happiness without regard for others deserve to have it taken away

Description: While she once wore face paint to cover the physical and mental scars now the Mask’s skin has turned as pale as the moon. Still she often applies small dots of red along her eyes and lips to further accent fear in her persona. Having long black as night and blood stained hair she is a woman with peerless beauty, charm, and wit.

Her clothes often vary but normally the mask wears a stunning black Kimono with red trim which reveals her near perfect figure and a hint of cleavage. She almost always wears a white and red Kitsune mask over her face, the only time it is ever removed is when she wants a victim to see her gaze of despair and smile of pure glee.

Personality: Cryptic and creepy are the best words to describe the personality of the mask but only when its time for someone to die. More often she portrays herself as charming and witty with a silver tongue that could turn even the deathlords against their Neverborn masters.

Background: Around twenty years ago the petite and whimsical Nuriko was sold off to slavery by her father and mother in the small trade city of Meclete mostly out of a means to get rid of her and get ahead. She was to become a serving girl, maid, and entertainer for one of the more wealthy local merchants. While her job did entail all those things when she came of age the merchant also forced her to be a whore for himself and his guests.

Overtime shame and despair set in till there seemed to be no escape but rather then her mind splitting she began to deal with it in an odd way. When she was forced to endure the deep sorrow and despair of the life that was forced on her she began to smile and later on to laugh. When she could she wore thick white paint on her face, dotted with red to reflect a death masque. It was her own way of showing others that she no longer felt alive anymore.

Eventually the abuse grew even greater as the merchant and guests who once found her pleasing soon found her repulsive. No mere face paint could cover the bruises and scars inflicted upon her so one night she picked up a small mask of a Kitsune and put it on, never removing it again in public.

As fate would have it as she accompanied the merchant lord and his caravan of goods they ran into the Lover Clad himself. What the deathlord was doing on that road is, has always been, and may forever be a mystery to all but without a doubt the caravan and its people were destroyed. In the moment before her death Nuriko picked up a small knife and attacked, knowing she could not escape she chose to face the opponents herself. The Lover clad simply grabbed hold of her by the throat and forced her into the ground, slowly strangling her. Even in those moments she could help but smile and laugh at him but as her voice echoed eerily in the night the two of them talked in hushed whispers as well. Moments later she rose again with the symbol of the midnight caste on her forehead. The young woman called Nuriko had perished by the Lover Clad's hand but now the laughing mask of despair had exalted. Without a care she took the spoils from the merchant’s caravan and used them to build her own merchant empire

Since she began her service to the Deathlord she has spent considerable time in nearby villages, towns, and cities spreading her own theological message that pleasure is the highest form of good in life. Thus she has birthed a cult that calls itself the Order of bliss. Most of the time the order spends it days in long orgies of animalistic lust and recruits new members into the fold but should it be needed they have a variety of other uses as spies, saboteurs, and more. Most recently she has been assigned to the Lion, many think shes a spybut in truth shes recieved no such orders from her true master

Strength•••      Charisma •••      Perception••
Dexterity•••      Manipulation ••••   Intelligence••
Stamina•••      Appearance ••••   Wits•••

Abilities
Dusk                 Midnight                 Daybreak
Archery              |Integrity ••             |Crafts       
Martial Arts*•••   |Performance •••      |Investigation •
Melee                |Presence •••••        |Lore •
Thrown              |Resistance ••          |Medicine ••
War                    |Survival                |Occult •

Day         Moonshadow
Athletics*••      |Bureaucracy•
Awareness•      |Linguistics*•
Dodge*••••      |Ride
Larceny           |Sail:
Stealth            |Socialize*•••

*notes a favored ability

Backgrounds
Artifact ••
Cult ••
Resources ••••
Mentor ••

Virtues
Compassion••
Conviction•••
Temperance••
Valor••

(Permanent) Essence: 3

Personal: 14
Perphirial: 35
Commited:

Willpower 5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               War Gear

Weapon: Soulsteel Slayer Khatar Speed 5 Accuracy +0 Damage +2L Defense +3 Rate 3 Tags M
Armor:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               Health
-0 (Bruised)  : []
-1 (Hurt)        : [][][]
-2 (Wounded) : [][][][][]
-4 (Crippled)   : [][][][][]
Incapacitated   : []
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             Charms
Charms: (Be sure to include Cost, Duration and Effect)
Second Presence Excellency (2m per success)
Poisoning the will (10m 1wp)
Heartless fiend insinuation (2m)
Sanity Eroding Diatribe (5m 1 wp)

Morbid Fascination style (5m)

First Dodge Excellency (1m per bonus die)
Bonus: Flittering Shadow form (1m)
Bonus: Flickering wisp technique (3m)

Second Martial arts Excellency (2m per success)
Ravaging blow (2m)
Foe blinding Jab (3m)

Exquisite etiquette style (1m)

Combos
To Cripple the prey: Second martial arts excellency + Ravaging blow + Foe blinding jab (2m per success +5m)

Bonus points
Essence 3 = 7
Combos = 3
Dodge 3 and 4 = 2
Presence 4 and 5= 2
Resources 4 = 1

The Great Triangle

Your character is pretty good, aside from the fact that the First and Forsaken Lion isn't actually allowed to leave his Citadel, which is a slight limitation.  Your concept fits the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears much better, which could work perfectly well.  (Basically, you were Exalted by the Lover, and then got transferred to the service of the First and Forsaken Lion as a diplomatic gesture between the two Deathlords)

If you accepted the Lover as your Deathlord, I'd give your character the Lover as a free 2 dot mentor, in exchange for an unbreakable intimacy of love and intimacy towards the Lover that makes all of her social attacks unblockable unnatural mental influence.

As for the war fans, they cannot be used as form weapons for Dark Messiah style, but they do count as form weapons for Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style, Ebon Shadow Style, and Crane Style.  The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears can teach you any of those martial arts, which can be found in Scroll of the Monk.  (except for Crane Style, which can be found in Glorious of the Most High: the five Maidens)

Ons and Offs

Hikari

Is there any way to come by Infinite Jade Chakram in a material other than (obviously) Jade?
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Empyrean

I've never played an Abyssal before but I think I have a concept that could work for a Daybreak. How would a scavenger lord who's speciality was in repairing magitechnology? He was killed when his greedy companions pushed him into some First Age tomb's trap, accepted the Black Exaltation, and came to the Lion's service to forge only the best and greatest inventions for Oblivion's conquest of the world? Would that work?

The Unholy Potato

Ooh, ooh. Reading your character gave me a delightful idea, Brandon. I think I'll whip up a Dusk, instead, since nobody has mentioned interest in playing one. I think I'll probably be able to get him up and running by this evening.

And Triangle, wouldn't Liege be a more suitable background for a Deathlord? After all, it includes Mentor in there while also covering the other support said superghost can offer. Or aren't we going to use Liege and/or do you have other plans in that direction?

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Hikari on August 18, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
Is there any way to come by Infinite Jade Chakram in a material other than (obviously) Jade?

Infinite Jade Chakram is only available in blue jade, so you'll have to pay a double attunement cost if you want to use one.  If you don't want to make the annoying die rolls with a sky cutter, you could pay an extra artifact dot to cover that problem.  I'd throw in an extra point of rate, at the cost of +2 attunement cost.

Quote from: Empyrean on August 18, 2010, 02:59:59 PM
I've never played an Abyssal before but I think I have a concept that could work for a Daybreak. How would a scavenger lord who's speciality was in repairing magitechnology? He was killed when his greedy companions pushed him into some First Age tomb's trap, accepted the Black Exaltation, and came to the Lion's service to forge only the best and greatest inventions for Oblivion's conquest of the world? Would that work?

That would work quite well!  :-)  I'll try to make sure there's plenty of downtime for your character to craft in, and you'll also probably want high levels of the Underworld Manse background, to get your character a factory-cathederal or other manufacturing facility to build your doomsday devices at.

Quote from: The Unholy Potato on August 18, 2010, 04:39:23 PM
Ooh, ooh. Reading your character gave me a delightful idea, Brandon. I think I'll whip up a Dusk, instead, since nobody has mentioned interest in playing one. I think I'll probably be able to get him up and running by this evening.

And Triangle, wouldn't Liege be a more suitable background for a Deathlord? After all, it includes Mentor in there while also covering the other support said superghost can offer. Or aren't we going to use Liege and/or do you have other plans in that direction?

Leige is very much going to be used.  However, it is only allowable if it targets the First and Forsaken Lion.  Mentor is simply being used in this case because the mentor is Lover Clad in the Raiment of tears, and because the character isn't in Her direct service, only the Mentor background applies.

Ons and Offs

Synecdoche17

Quote from: The Great Triangle on August 17, 2010, 05:44:13 PMThe group will be given horrific objectives by the Lion, sent out into creation, and then recalled back to the Deathlord's citadel to report on their progress.  A major theme of the game will be finding ways to sabotage the Lion, or come up with ways of breaking creation even WORSE than what the Deathlord envisioned.
I'm confused. Is this game about playing good guys or bad guys? Honestly, I'd rather *not* do villainous things, but a story about characters being forced to do villainous things, and trying to stick to the letters of their orders while avoiding the spirit of them would be interesting.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Absences and Apologies

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Synecdoche17 on August 18, 2010, 10:29:59 PM
I'm confused. Is this game about playing good guys or bad guys? Honestly, I'd rather *not* do villainous things, but a story about characters being forced to do villainous things, and trying to stick to the letters of their orders while avoiding the spirit of them would be interesting.

The game is about good guys on the bad guy team, trying to subvert the orders in the way you described.  However, at least one or two players probably WILL be on the dark team, so you'll also have to figure out how to distract, brainwash, or overpower them to help protect the world from yourself.

Ons and Offs

Synecdoche17

Quote from: The Great Triangle on August 18, 2010, 10:37:04 PM
The game is about good guys on the bad guy team, trying to subvert the orders in the way you described.  However, at least one or two players probably WILL be on the dark team, so you'll also have to figure out how to distract, brainwash, or overpower them to help protect the world from yourself.
Ok. I'll think about submitting a character, then; I got access to the ruleset so I should be able to put a character together.

Absences and Apologies

Hikari

Quote from: The Great Triangle on August 18, 2010, 10:21:33 PM
Infinite Jade Chakram is only available in blue jade, so you'll have to pay a double attunement cost if you want to use one.  If you don't want to make the annoying die rolls with a sky cutter, you could pay an extra artifact dot to cover that problem.  I'd throw in an extra point of rate, at the cost of +2 attunement cost.

The main problem is I want to use Air Dragon Style, which I believe is stated as being Chakram only.  Though, if I could use another weapon, I would--the Infinite Jade Chakram is a poor weapon anyway, and probably needs some errata.  (The weapon says that magical material bonus is already included in the stats, but that would mean that it actually has worse speed than a non-artifact chakram, which makes no real sense.)  The Sky-Cutter or an artifact Shuriken would definitely be preferable.

I could just throw together a Melee-ist instead, but I've got a feeling that we (like every group ever) will be heavy on them.  As Abyssals, even being a scythe-wielder wouldn't be much guarantee of niche-protection!
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Empyrean

QuoteThat would work quite well!  :-)  I'll try to make sure there's plenty of downtime for your character to craft in, and you'll also probably want high levels of the Underworld Manse background, to get your character a factory-cathederal or other manufacturing facility to build your doomsday devices at.

Gotcha! :)

I'll get to work on him then. For some reason I picture him wielding a goremaul or grand goremaul and beating on enemies like he beats on metal at the forge. :p

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Hikari on August 19, 2010, 12:11:07 AM
The main problem is I want to use Air Dragon Style, which I believe is stated as being Chakram only.  Though, if I could use another weapon, I would--the Infinite Jade Chakram is a poor weapon anyway, and probably needs some errata.  (The weapon says that magical material bonus is already included in the stats, but that would mean that it actually has worse speed than a non-artifact chakram, which makes no real sense.)  The Sky-Cutter or an artifact Shuriken would definitely be preferable.

I could just throw together a Melee-ist instead, but I've got a feeling that we (like every group ever) will be heavy on them.  As Abyssals, even being a scythe-wielder wouldn't be much guarantee of niche-protection!

Air dragon style is indeed to be practiced only with the infinite jade chakram.  Since it's a martial arts style designed explicitly for dragon blooded, I don't see any particular reason to expand it to other weapons, and the jade material upgrade of the jade chakram actually reflects the blue jade used in its construction.  (that's how such weapons get such an impressive rate)

The main advantage of using the design you'll be using is that you can go around pretending to be an immaculate monk and openly displaying your weapon, without getting into trouble.  That can be a serious advantage, especially if you're going to be pretty sneaky. 

I also wouldn't mind you picking up a gyroscopic chakram and practicing Thousand Wounding Gear style from alchemicals, if you wanted to use a Thrown based martial art.  Using the martial art would require an appropriate mentor, however. (probably a Mountain Folk elder or an abandoned autocthonian manse.)  Of course, you'll need a mentor or source of knowledge to practice Air Dragon style as well.

As a final possibility, remember that the native abyssal Thrown tree isn't THAT bad.  :-)

Ons and Offs

Empyrean

Hey Hikari! If you'd like and the ST allows, my guy could forge a Fivefold Harmonic Adapter for you to use the chakram. :)

Hikari

I'll see what I can do with the Jade Chakram.  I do like the Air Dragon Style, since it has a good mix of Stealth, Athletics, Thrown, and Hand-to-Hand type charms mixed in, and it's important to make sure your Martial Art is basically a 'one-stop shop' considering how many charms you have to invest into them.  I'll probably end up a little bit soft-striking, but it'll be with style.

Now I just need to try and stop thinking of a circle of semi-loyal Abyssals under the Lion as being the equivalent of the Espada.  (They're obviously the Lunar equivalent of Abyssals, anyway!)
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

The Great Triangle

If you want to give yourselves numbers, be my guest!  XD 

(The First and Forsaken Lion might also assign such things, if he gets into the mood to humiliate the group)

And I'm sure the party daybreak will be able to cover the entire "Mass Destruction" angle for when you need to fight extremely tough enemies.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Here's the character sheet thread for the game, which also explains the xp system that will be in use.  Before posting in it, PM me to ensure that all issues with your character sheet are resolved, but if that's all taken care of, then feel free to post on in.

Character Sheet Thread

Ons and Offs

Brandon

Well I rewrote the mask a bit. Changed her weapons to a Khatar and her master to the lover as suggested. Im still having a hard time coming up with intamacies but then I always do. Oh and Im going to stick with Abyssal hero style (I love the Irony of calling it that), the other MA's you mentioned just didnt seem to fit for me.

Muse

huh?  Abyssal good guys?  no such thing.  :p 

*ponders* 

Welll, i'm coming up with a concept for a Dark Mesiah form user.  he might be Day caste...  Or dusk... 

Synecdoche17

Quote from: The Great Triangle on August 19, 2010, 02:17:54 AM
Here's the character sheet thread for the game, which also explains the xp system that will be in use.  Before posting in it, PM me to ensure that all issues with your character sheet are resolved, but if that's all taken care of, then feel free to post on in.

Character Sheet Thread
How can one earn points for "substitute Storytelling"?

Also, if you're giving XP for help with mechanics, I am an endless font of power-ups. :p I will send you a partial character sheet when I'm done posting for another thread. If anyone else wants to take a once-over look at it or help me with some decisions, throw me a PM.

Absences and Apologies

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Synecdoche17 on August 19, 2010, 08:32:16 PM
How can one earn points for "substitute Storytelling"?

When I'm in need of a break from storytelling the game, I'll post about in the OOC thread, and players can volunteer to be ST for a little bit.  It provides a great boost of xp, in exchange for having your character take a backseat while you're STing. 

Substitute ST positions might also be available when the party splits, and the total number of adventures going on multiply

Ons and Offs

Empyrean

Synedoche: Mind if I PM you sometime about mechanics? I'm good with fluff, not so much with mechanics you see. :) Which is why my Daybreak is taking so long BTW, Triangle.

Synecdoche17

Quote from: Empyrean on August 19, 2010, 10:15:35 PM
Synedoche: Mind if I PM you sometime about mechanics? I'm good with fluff, not so much with mechanics you see. :) Which is why my Daybreak is taking so long BTW, Triangle.
Uhh, I meant I'm bad at mechanics. I give other people XP for helping me. :P I've read, like, parts of the corebook, and now a handful of pages from Abyssals.
Send me questions if you like anyway - I might have read something about the answer. Also, I have friends I can ask!

Absences and Apologies

The Great Triangle

Remember that the ST can also be asked about mechanics.  :-)

Ons and Offs

The Unholy Potato

Though I'm not the ST, I'm also pretty decent with mechanics. Feel free to send me any questions.

Muse

As big of a group as this is, any chance of any other storytellers stepping up to the plate? 

I don't want triangles game to be burried under the weight of too many players. 

Brandon

Well Muse I think the problem in part is there are to few experienced Storytellers. If this were a game I was familiar with like werewolf: the forsaken I might be interested but In my case I also have the Savage Isle starting up in the next week or two. Sticking me with one game to run already.

Anyway, I think whats really needed right now is people getting used to Exalted and other Storyteller games and thus gaining the valuable experience needed to run them later on. I dont even know a lot about the system or setting and I know that its a wonderful setting but one needs player experience to run it effectively. Thats what I, along with a lot of other people, lack

If you want more exalted games, well frankly the experienced guys need to step up and pull the people wanting to run Exalted into a game to teach them the ins and outs

The Unholy Potato

As I stated in my first post on this thread, I would be willing to run a game. This is still true, and doubly so if there's a risk that Triangle is going to be overwhelmed by the tide of players. However, I have not actually run Exalted before, and while I realize there has to be a first time for everything, I think that such a lack of direct experience could deter some players, especially given that I'm a relatively unknown quantity around here.

Having said that, I am willing to run a game if there's interest and I do understand the rules pretty decently, even if I'd need to obsessively study read up on the nuances for any potentially prickly situations. However, I'd also need to talk with any potential players about what sort of game they wanted me to run, as I don't have many big, awesome, Exalted-worthy plot lines bouncing around in my head, right now.

Hikari

Exalted is really the perfect game to run if you don't have an idea for a game.  You don't need an idea.  If your players did their job right, the characters should have tons of stuff they already want to do without having to get random offers from strange old men in taverns.  The hardest part, if anything, should be deciding whose plot hooks and goals to focus on; I know the last time I was ST for an Exalted game, I had a damned hard time squeezing any of my own plot in at all!
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

The Unholy Potato

That's a fair point, and that's largely what I meant: if I were to run a game, the goals would have to come from the players. I'd just help play the roles of everyone trying to oppose them. ::)

We should make some sort of decision, however, of whether or not I am going to run a game, and if so, who's coming with me. I'd still kinda like to play in Triangle's game, but I'd also be willing to give my spot up if we have so many players that both games would be packed.

I'd happily run a Solars game, as I'm most comfortable with them, though I lack some of the most recent books which give them even crazier stuff, or so I hear. Behind them, I think I would be capable of running a Sidereals, Dragonblooded, Abyssal, and even Godblooded/Heroic/Enlightened mortal game. I don't have the Lunars, Infernals or Fair Folk books, and while I have them on order, I don't think I'd be comfortable enough with them to give them a shot.

All in all, it depends most heavily on what everyone else wants to do.

The Great Triangle

If someone else would like to be an assistant ST in my game, I would be perfectly happy to allow it.  :-) 

There are going to be about 5-6 main players, and another 2 or 3 secondary players playing supporting roles like dragon blooded and first circle demons. 

Party splits are pretty much inevitable, and I welcome them.  XD

The first story of the game will focus on the party investigating why The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears lost her prize warstrider, Hateful Devourer of Love, to Lookshy.  The party will be free to decide how they want to go about investigating though.  (None of the party have the leige rating to requisition an airship, so you'll all likely be either traveling through the labyrinth to get to Lookshy and the Lover's citadel, or just laboriously walking all the way there.)

Ons and Offs

Brandon

You know Potato I would love to see a good Sidereal game. The Sidereals and Yu Shan have always intruiged me but no one seems to want to run them. If scroll of the monk was included, and I could take Quicksilver hand of dreams style, I would enjoy it even more

So far Ive done Solars (My very first character and still one close to my heart is Vestin, my twilight caste healer and Ive managed to play him a few times), Dragonblooded (a nice but short war for the scarlet throne story), and I have a Lunar character playing right now.

Exalted types I havnt touched so far but want to try someday are Sidereals (obviously), Infernals, and Alchemicals

The Unholy Potato

I think Sidereals would be fun to run, but if I were to allow SMA... The damage those guys inflict on the already questionable game balance...? I dunno, it might be worth trying, but I fear them for good reason.

I'd also be willing to try assistant storytelling if that's preferable, but it depends on how we want to distribute the burden.

Starfall Smiting Prince

That's the only thing sidereal have that is worth mentioning in the fighting department...sidereal are considered by many the weakest celestial exalted. Raising your essence take months and your charms are so specific and cost so many motes, you will run out of them before doing anything. But then again, Sidereal are not ever supposed to be fighting people on  a fair ground, they cheat, prepare traps, etc...it's kinda like playing super spies hoping that the solar or abyssal/infernal doesn't spot you before killing you in one hit.

Brandon

Ive always seen Sidereals as Super spies and I think thats what attracts me to them. I always loved the James bond movies, no not the newer ones I mean the old James Bond movies that were actually about spies going out and using every dirty trick and gadget they could get their hands on to take down the over the top nearly invincible bad guy.

Add on supernatural martial arts to that (a concept I freaking LOOOOOOOVVVVVVE!) and Yu Shan and it seems like the coolest setting ever

Muse

Staaarfall, Potatoe, tell you guys what. 

If one of  you will run Sidereals, and one Solars, and Pumpkin and I have a shot at both games, Ssynechdoche has a shot at at leaast one, and those who didn't get into the abysals game have a shot at a slot in one of ours, I'll run a lunars plot and give you two first dibs. 

Synecdoche17

Quote from: Muse on August 21, 2010, 10:26:34 AM
Staaarfall, Potatoe, tell you guys what. 

If one of  you will run Sidereals, and one Solars, and Pumpkin and I have a shot at both games, Ssynechdoche has a shot at at leaast one, and those who didn't get into the abysals game have a shot at a slot in one of ours, I'll run a lunars plot and give you two first dibs.
*steals the extra letters from her name*

Um, I'm already in this game, I'm not sure I want to try another one so quickly.

Absences and Apologies

The Unholy Potato

Admittedly, that's sort of what I was thinking, too. One other game is one thing, but I'm not sure that I'd have the time or enthusiasm for starting three or four at the same time, even if I'm merely playing in most of them. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy to wait until this first game got off the ground and then judge whether or not we need another game started.

Having said that, can I have a quick show of hands of who would be interested in a Sidereals game of some sort? And yes, I'd be willing to give SMA a chance, assuming people managed to reach the prerequisites.

Edit: Depending on how my schedule opens up, I may be interested in playing in another game, as well as trying to run one. For now, though, I'm just aiming for playing in Triangle's game and, secondarily running aforementioned Sidereals game if there's enough interest.

Starfall Smiting Prince

I would be interested in running a solars game but seem most players don't want to commit to another game too soon so we will see how it goes.
As for the sidereals game, yeah sure I'll be interested, mostly would do chosen of journeys or Serenity.

Muse

Synecdoche17

Quote from: Starfall Smiting Prince on August 22, 2010, 08:42:39 AM
I would be interested in running a solars game but seem most players don't want to commit to another game too soon so we will see how it goes.
Ok, so I think I've got this cleared up. I would be willing to play in a Solars game instead of an Abyssals game.

Absences and Apologies

Creeper

Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Brandon

Starfall Smiting Prince

Alright, estimating that we will get at least 5 solars at this rate. It's on. Just write a solar application, it will be standard character generation and would like the characters to meet in Nexus, so wherever you are from, find your character on his way there.

The Great Triangle

The OOC thread for the Abyssals game is up!  :-) 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79834.msg3512085#new

Assuming all goes well, I'll be posting the main game thread and starting the Abyssals game tommorow.

Ons and Offs

Muse

Quote from: Starfall Smiting Prince on August 22, 2010, 07:56:45 PM
Alright, estimating that we will get at least 5 solars at this rate. It's on. Just write a solar application, it will be standard character generation and would like the characters to meet in Nexus, so wherever you are from, find your character on his way there.

Two questions Starfall. 

Any expected levels of adult content? 

Are you using the standard merits and flaws? 

Starfall Smiting Prince

No merits or flaws, adult content, well it's E! there will be, but I won't force anybody into doing it depend on the pcs really and where and how they deal with some situations. Let's just say adult content would be present but more like a story with sex than a sex with a story if you get my drift.

Muse

Sorry I'm taking so long.  Excitement runs high, and I'm hunting for the perfect concept. 

Muse

Name:         Breathless

Exalt Type and Caste:   Night Caste Solar
Anima:         Mospid Soaring Free

Motivation:         End destructive Fair Folk influence upon Creation’s affairs, starting with the Guild. 

Backstory:      "I can't begin to guess who my parent's might have been. 

"Faigin crossing my lips might as well have been Father when I was a child.  He was a hard man, demanding, and we orphans grew up in a series of rooms off of a Great Forks sewer owning nothing we didn't steal, and then only if Faigin allowed us to keep it.  My name was Ember then.  It was the only thing that had ever  been given too me, because one of my older brothers said I warmed his heart. 

"In spite of that, there was always food enough that we never staved, clean drink, and medicine.  I didn't think much of it at the time, too busy was I being cold and wondering how I would prove myself worthy of enough food not to go to bed hungry--even if I knew I wouldn't starve. 

"I cared for my family very much.  An older girl, Scotsy, was mother too me, and when she left I took her roll to those younger than I, cooking and offering a shoulder to cry on, the help t hey needed to learn what they didn't know how to do yet.  To them, Ember meant mother. 

"When I c ame of age, Faigin took me to meet a beautiful woman named Fairchild who offered me one chance at escape from the life I was trapped in.  She would sell me as a concubine too a rich man, whom I must love and entertain.  In return, I would have comforts and luxuries and education, but I must go to him willingly and bend knee to his collar.  It was a point of pride that her company sold only willing concubines. 

I was dubious, but the temptation of escape and the allure of education was too great. 

Master Hadrian was all I had been promised, kind but stern with an amazing home.  Under the name Breathless I yielded my virginity to him and my heart followed quickly.  Silken clothes caressed my skin as i dressed too please his eye, learning quickly to dance for his pleasure and play instruments.  Reading and conversation were more of a struggle, and I have yet to master them. 

"Yet the thought of my younger brothers and sisters still trapped in the sewer house still haunted me, so I robbed a rich purse of silver coins from a neighbor's estate one night and took it too them that they might buy apprenticeships and escape this life. 

Faigin was furious and raised his cane against me. 

In the ensuing days of running battles, I came to understand the terible truth.  Faigin was a pawn of Fairchild, who provided the medicine that kept us healthy and made us beautiful.  Fairchild herself was one of the Fair Folk, and she had two horrible warriors as her guards, one of which hunted me after I stole from her a powerful orichalcum talisman, and Exalted in gold and madder-violate light as my hand closed around it. 

This was one of many--to her--mildly profitable games Fairchild played to make people willing embrace slavery.     

Apparent of Exaltation:  17
Height:  5'4"
Weigth:  99lbs
Measures:  32"22"32"C
Hair:  Purple
Eyes:  Black
Skin:  Amber

Attributes

Physical     
Strength   3
Dexterity   4
Stamina   4

Social
Charisma      3
Manipulation   3
Appearance   4

Mental
Perception     3
Intelligence     1
Wits        3

Abilities

Archery            0
Martial Arts      0
*Melee            1
*Thrown          5
War             0

Integrity          1
*Performance      3
*Presence        3
*Resistance      4
Survival           1

Craft: Water      0
Investigate       1
Lore           0
Medicine           0
Occult         0

*Athletics         5
*Awareness      1
*Dodge           5
*Larceny          3
*Stealth           1

Bureaucracy      0
Linguistics        0
Ride           0
Sail             0
Socialize           2

Backgrounds
Artifact 2:      Skycutter
Contacts 2:      
Familiar 3:      Mospid
Resources 3:         

Artifacts and Equipment

Orichalcum Skycutter: 
   Speed       5
   ACC      (+3)   12
   Damage   (+6L)   9L
   Rate      2
   Range      60Yards
   Atunement    4

Charms
ATHLETICS: 
Graceful Crane Stance

AWARENESS: 
Third Excellency: Essence Resurgent

LARCENY: 
Flawless Pick pocketing Technique

RESISTENCE:
Body Mending Meditation
Durability of Oak Meditation
Iron Skin Concentration
Ion Kettle Body
Ox Body Technique

SOCIALIZE: 
Mastery of Small Manners

STEALTH: 
Easily Overlooked Presence Method

THROWN:

Join Combat:   4

Defenses
Dodge DV       6
Parry DV       ?

Soak: B/L      4/2(   )

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV   5
Parry MDV

Virtues
Compassion    3
Conviction   2
Temperance   1
Valor      3

Virtue Flaw   
--Red Rage of Compasion

Intimacies:
--Her old guild. 
--Her old master and his household. 
--Mospids

Willpower:
   6/6

Essence
Permanent: ●●
Personal:   12/12   (0 Committed)
Peripheral:    29/25   (4 Committed)

Bonus Points

Experience Points
0/0

Idej

Name:  Noriko, the bandit queen

Type:  Solar
Caste:  Dawn

Motivation:  To establish a force capable of defending Creation before the Realm fully destabilizes.

Synecdoche17

Seeker
Twilight Caste

Fifteen hours after her father died, they finally permitted her to view the corpse. She took his stiff, cold hands in hers, impassively examining them. The nails were dark and purple around the edges. The crowd behind her held its breath, thinking her lost in grief – simpletons!
She cradled the limp flesh of his face, turning his head this way and that. Some well-meaning mortician had cleaned and powdered his skin, obfuscating the truth of his death. She pulled her dead father’s jaw open and peered inside, ignoring the muttering from the crowd. Niceties of etiquette could take a back seat to the truth.
Blood had dried on the teeth and around the gums. A quick wipe under the eyes removed the mortician’s make-up, revealing purple puffiness, as if her father had died after losing a brawl.
“Your Ladyship,” the vizier began.
“My father was murdered,” she said matter-of-factly. The crowd gasped in disbelief.
“He was poisoned by Southern venom, which causes the small vessels of blood to burst, leading to hemorrhaging and internal bleeding, not felled by disease or the curse of gods.” She wiped her fingers clean of the make-up.
“The purchase of such venom requires tremendous sums of gold, such as those missing from the palace’s finances. Though several people could have embezzled the funds, only one had the motivation to murder my father – the Lord of Westvale, whom my father intended to remove from his duties, but who is a great friend of my uncle, now the regent.” She eyed the traitorous lord with no more compassion or hate than she would a broken bone or an untranslated page – he was merely a problem to be fixed.
“Further proof of the Lord’s treason is likely to be found in his quarters, where his oak bureau conceals receipts of purchase from the Guild, which deals in such dark trade.” This was no haphazard guess on her part – she had discovered the secret compartments while perusing his palatial apartments. He had been absent from them, acting conspicuously, uncharacteristically histrionic in public over her father’s death.

The crowd erupted into cacophony, as expected. The Lord of Westvale drew his sword – that was unexpected. She had thought he would try to plead his case. The nobleman burst past the guards, his blade low and level.
He will stab me, she thought, in the sternum. She felt curiously indifferent, even light-headed.
The sharpened steel crumpled against her fair skin. In the reddish light, his face looked ashen, his eyes wide with terror; then his mouth slackened, and he fell, a guardsman’s sword in his back. Not one drop of blood that spilled belonged to her.

“Truth can never die,” she told the crowd calmly, the room filled with the terrible sunset glow of her majesty.

In the annals of history, the reign of the Vagabond Princess surely ranks among the shortest. The brief month of her tenure saw the retirement of multiple senior bureaucrats, many accused of everything from embezzlement to sedition. Lords from outlying lands found themselves in positions of prominence, while the court swirled in turmoil as old favorites were passed over. Tensions rose rapidly, until the potentate summoned her people’s leaders for a speech in which, to the surprise of one and all, she abdicated her throne. As her uncle, now Prince Regent again, grappled with his surprising new station and the nobility swarmed around him, the former princess took a heavy purse of jade from the palace, struck the reins of her carriage, and left her nation behind, passing into legend - the wandering Heaven-Sent Magistrate.

Essence: **
Willpower: ********

Attributes:
Str: *
Dex: ****
Sta: **
Man: *
Cha: ***
App: *****
Int: ***
Per: *****
Wits: ***

Abilities:
Integrity: *** [Favored]
Investigate: ***(**) [Caste] (2 bonus points)
Linguistics: * (Old Realm)
Lore: *** [Caste]
Martial Arts: *** [Favored]
Medicine: *** [Caste]
Occult: *** [Caste]
Presence: *** [Favored]
Resistance: ***(**) [Favored] (2 bonus points)
Stealth: *** [Favored]

Virtues:
Compassion: *
Conviction: ***(**) (6 bonus points)
Valor: **
Temperance: ***

Backgrounds:
Contacts: *
Reputation (Sage): **
Resources: ***
Influence: *

Charms:
First Investigation Excellency
Judge’s Ear Technique
Courtier’s Eye Technique
Know the Soul’s Price
Second Resistance Excellency
Durability of Oak Meditation
Iron Skin Concentration
First Martial Arts Excellency
First Medicine Excellency
Wound-Mending Care Technique

Combos:
Plumbing the Depths of Iniquity: (2 bonus points)
First Investigation Excellency, Judge’s Ear Technique

Righteous Inviolability: (3 bonus points)
Second Resistance Excellency, Iron Skin Concentration, First Martial Arts Excellency

------------------------
I found the White Wolf forums; there's a thread there for Exalted art, and that's how I found this illustration, which is awesome! Also, please look over my sheet 'cause I'm not 100% sure I got this all right, though it took me a little less than before!

Absences and Apologies

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Brandon

hmmm was that Sidereal game going to happen or am I just hoping that a pipe dream becomes reality?

Zaer Darkwail

Wondeirng same, I saw this earlier and got picture this is Sidereal (or other non-solar) Exalted 2th edition game. I got the basic book so could not attend in game where Solar chars are not accepted. If we can make solar chars I could conjure concept. So far I see one Dawn and one Night and one Twilight caste chars.

Could make Zenith or Eclipse char.....

The Unholy Potato

The Sidereals game was something I was considering running, but in light of a busy schedule, that's been postponed, at best. If someone else wants to take up the mantle, that's their right, but I won't be doing anything of the sort, for now.

Muse

Come on people.  *puppy dog eyes* 

Two more aplications for Starfall to run the game! 

Synecdoche17

Quote from: Muse on September 13, 2010, 09:49:57 AM
Come on people.  *puppy dog eyes* 

Two more aplications for Starfall to run the game!

Honestly, this looks pretty dead to me. :/

Absences and Apologies