(Extreme) Evil will always find a way - LAUNCHED, Additional players welcome

Started by Wintercat, September 11, 2011, 02:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

I'll confirm interest, but I dunno what kind of character I'd like to play yet haha.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Vergil1989

Well, here's hoping this story gets going soon guys and gals.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Wintercat

Yes, I am going to be putting up the game thread either today or tomorrow. The roleplay between players is encouraged as if you are all trying to just interact with just the NPCs I control that might turn out a bit tiresome quite fast dont you think?

In anycase, looking forward to the game and hope to see what all the players come up with.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

CarnivorousBunny

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:  Kulimlim
Race:  Mananangal
Class:  Assassin
Best Ability:  Path finding and stealth. It is said that the closer a mananangal is, the less sounds she makes.
Least Ability:  Charisma.

Preference:  Heterosexual, can be either dominant or submissive
Ons:  Non-consensual, mild to mid level blood-play and almost anything else.
Offs:  Scat, impaling, gore and extreme mutilation.

Appearance:  Untransformed, Kulimlim is a beautiful woman with a youthful face, and a curvy, but smooth and slender build.  While not in battle, she tends to look like a lost human girl even to her fellow creatures of the underground, mischievous yet maybe even a little innocent. While her height may not be intimidating, when provoked, her eyes show a tint of her true nature: chaotic neutral. She cannot be killed while she is untransformed, but in this form Kulimlim's power is more than halved.

When in her demon form, her appearance changes almost completely. For starters, she detaches herself from her bottom half. Her face becomes more humanoid than anything, growing long and jagged teeth with wings with a long, straw-like tongue for feeding.  In this form she is at her most powerful, and her most vulnerable.  When a mananagal cannot reconnect with her lower half before she is hit by sunlight, she will die.  To try to counteract this, Kulimlim wears a special trinket.  It is a device that allows her to cast a concealing spells on her lower half when she transforms.  This trinket is her most prized possession and she guards it fiercely.
Because of her weakness and her nomadic nature, she transforms only when truly necessary.
Background:  Kulimlim is searching for a way to remedy her one major weakness.  She does not enjoy having to transform in total fear.  Living in the underbelly as a powerless demon is hard, and the beings in the underground cannot be trusted.  Her kind make for great slaves, powerful yet easily overpowered once their lower half is taken away or, worse, enchanted.  She has seen many of her kin in cages and she does not want to follow in their footsteps.
Kulimlim has heard of a new, dark power and with this power, she hopes to find a way to rid herself of her weaknesses.  She is tired of living in constant fear.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Vergil1989

She looks awesome in my opinion Carnivorous Bunny.  Never heard of a Mananangal before but she looks good.  Anyway Wintercat, if you need  a hand with anything feel free to ask bud.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

CarnivorousBunny

Thanks! :) I'm quite proud of her myself!

A mananagal is a witch-demon from my corner of Asia :d They're demons that take the shape of young women by day and by night they feed on unborn children or blood. They're pretty mean creatures.
I like the potential for your character.  She's going to be great for the build up of any future plot :D
my  o&o and a&a

Vergil1989

Wow, pretty wicked stuff that lol.  And thanks  :-[ (closest I could come to a blush lol), I appreciate the courtesy of such a compliment my friend.  I can see a lot of potential for your own gal as well.

Rhaegar14

Looking at the characters that are already up, I think I'm gonna go with an anti-paladin type. I'll get a profile up tonight.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

CarnivorousBunny

An anti-paladin sounds exciting! :D What race are you thinking of making?

Vergil: I'm thinking about making her a mercenary for hire :)
my  o&o and a&a

Vergil1989

I'm loving her already lol.  My gal would most likely hire you in an instant if it meant getting her sister's killer, preferably live so she can torture them to death first lol.

Wintercat

Lots of lovely ideas present all around. Alright, I'll leave an open recruitment running in case anyone else wants to join in but I'm going to be posting the game thread to Extreme board soon. I'll add links here to find the IC thread.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Rhaegar14

Name: Demvarien the Warped
Race: Tainted Human
Class: Blackguard
Best Ability: Melee Combat (Particularly Swordsmanship)
Least Ability: Dark Magic

Preference: Hetero, Dominant
Ons: Reference my O/O's.
Offs: Reference my O/O's. (Some are negotiable for the sake of story. Feel free to ask.)

Appearance: Demvarien is of average height and relatively slender build, but covered in muscle from wearing his armor almost constantly. He has long, straight, black hair, fair skin with the faintest tinge of gray, and his eyes glow with an unholy blue light. He has handsome, strong features, in some places almost sharp. Many of his less-than-human features, such as the glow in his eyes, the gray in his skin, and the nails that have almost turned to claws, are physical signs of his corruption by darkness. Pictured is his armor and weapon of choice, a massive, sentient blade known as Anarazel.
Background: Demvarien was once a paladin, a holy warrior and a beacon of righteousness. Historians, today, debate what happened to him; whether he went insane, was seduced by the power of darkness, or maybe -- just maybe -- he really was hearing the voice of his god, and this was where his god chose to lead him.

Demvarien was a leader of a relatively large chapter of the Knights of the Holy Sword, an order dedicated to eradicating evil wherever it slept. One day, as he was praying in their chapterhouse's chapel, the paladin heard a voice deep inside his head; a voice that he believed was his god speaking to him for the first time. The voice told him of a den of evil beasts nearby, in the hidden lair of a long-dead Lich. Demvarien led his knights in the assault, and the Lich's remaining minions were eradicated. Just as they were about to destroy the complex utterly, however, the voice told him to stay his hand, and Demvarien ordered his men to stand down.

Thus began his fall, as the voice urged him on. It started slow; as zealotry and mercilessness against the enemies of good. But his methods soon became more and more questionable. The efforts to utterly eradicate evil began in no small part due to his efforts. But then, he destroyed everything his order could reach. Months, and even years passed. The voice stopped speaking to him.

Then, out of the blue, it came back, and told Demvarien what he had to do. He was to take his knights, go to the Lich's lair, and take it as their base of operations. Then, they would submit to darkness. For good cannot exist without evil.

Demvarien did as he was told, taking those members of his chapter that were as fanatically devoted as he was, and killing the rest. Once they arrived, he found two powerful artifacts in the Lich's vault. The sword Anarazel, and a great, black gem that pulsed with an evil light; at one time, the Lich's phylactery, no longer able to resurrect him but still infused with power. That voice told him what to do as soon as he laid eyes upon the two. Demvarien took Anarazel and slammed it into the crystal, the gem shattering as all of its horrid power changed him. He gained the strength and speed of ten men, a significant part of the Lich's former magical power, and the ability to control the lair. He bestowed the gift of darkness on many of his knights, who he renamed the Knights of the Blackened Sword, but none gained his magical power as well.

Eventually, Demvarien was slain along with the vast majority of his knights. But his armor, crafted for him by the lair itself soon after he destroyed the phylactery, became something of a phylactery itself. Given enough time, deep in the bowels of the earth, the armor could bring their leader back. So they traveled, made their way to a new home, and fell dormant, to be awoken many years later, when a single heart began beating once again.

Vergil1989

Now there's an interesting thought I had never thought I'd see.  I love this one Rhaegar14, but tis not for me to approve or not but I just thought I'd throw my two cents in lol.

Wintercat

Quote from: Vergil1989 on September 26, 2011, 11:16:19 AM
Now there's an interesting thought I had never thought I'd see.  I love this one Rhaegar14, but tis not for me to approve or not but I just thought I'd throw my two cents in lol.

Its an interesting concept as it is, and while reading it I got a bit suspicious momentarily if it was establishing a new lair entirely. it seems though that it is not the case.

If you take up playing that knight I'll assume he's been brought back to life within the dungeon dug deep within the heart alongside the other monsters. The knight might have a rule among the still living other knights (as players are allowed to control some NPCs around them of the same race, something that was not originally part of the idea but which was suggested and considered reasonable after someone suggested the thought), but as for the rest of the dungeon there will  be other personable monsters (and champions / leaders of their race) present there.

I doubt even the Heart has any 'complete control' on people, merely the heart is able to shield the lair from magic such as teleportation and magic cast from outside the place from reaching into the place, giving the dungeons a measure of more security than dungeons beyond its reach would have.

Anyhow, been tired and unable to post for a while, now making the starting post though.
A&A

Wintercat

The game has now Launched. The links below lead you to the threads now established in the Extreme board. The game name has been marked as 'Dungeon Denizens' but the main thread also contains the name 'Evil will always find a way'.

Main Thread
OOC-Thread
Character Archive

Feel free to jump right in then.
A&A

Rhaegar14

Quote from: Wintercat on September 26, 2011, 11:59:57 AM
Its an interesting concept as it is, and while reading it I got a bit suspicious momentarily if it was establishing a new lair entirely. it seems though that it is not the case.

If you take up playing that knight I'll assume he's been brought back to life within the dungeon dug deep within the heart alongside the other monsters. The knight might have a rule among the still living other knights (as players are allowed to control some NPCs around them of the same race, something that was not originally part of the idea but which was suggested and considered reasonable after someone suggested the thought), but as for the rest of the dungeon there will  be other personable monsters (and champions / leaders of their race) present there.

I doubt even the Heart has any 'complete control' on people, merely the heart is able to shield the lair from magic such as teleportation and magic cast from outside the place from reaching into the place, giving the dungeons a measure of more security than dungeons beyond its reach would have.

Anyhow, been tired and unable to post for a while, now making the starting post though.

Yeah, I was thinking that he has four NPC knights remaining who follow his orders, and though he was once a Dungeon Master, now he's just a badass. The knights are as physically strong/fast as he is (though not as skilled), but they have zero talent for magic.

I had an idea for the rp in general though. What if we had people post sketches/outlines of heroes they'd like to fall into their character's clutches, along with information on how long the part is likely to last, and then allowed other players to claim that NPC role and act out the scene?

Wintercat

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 26, 2011, 05:41:31 PM
I had an idea for the rp in general though. What if we had people post sketches/outlines of heroes they'd like to fall into their character's clutches, along with information on how long the part is likely to last, and then allowed other players to claim that NPC role and act out the scene?

I have nothing against that idea at all. You could toss a suggestion in the game's OOC thread too, to make sure it would be noticeable to folks that might not check this thread again after hearing the game is on the move, well not sure if that happens but just in case.

I think it might work, it just needs the right players behind it and to be tested and tried out. Seems cool to me.
A&A

Black Howling

Winter, despite disliking freeform for things that conflict might come into play for, I like the idea. For that alone, I'm gonna try to get up a character. Though I'm not gonna be able to post as often as some. Is that okay?

If not, we need to set up a new one on one. I miss roleplaying with you.

Wintercat

Quote from: Black Howling on September 26, 2011, 09:53:00 PM
Winter, despite disliking freeform for things that conflict might come into play for, I like the idea. For that alone, I'm gonna try to get up a character. Though I'm not gonna be able to post as often as some. Is that okay?

If not, we need to set up a new one on one. I miss roleplaying with you.

You are welcome along if you feel you are interested. The links are in the 2nd page thread above I believe, and the character sheet is both in the character archive thread and present in this recruitment thread.

As for one-on-ones, I am always open to invitations, if you got an idea I'll listen.
A&A

Wintercat

I created a sister thread for this game, to serve as a place for the -heroes- to be recruited.

The thread can be found here.
A&A

Krayz

Name: Kestriel the Heartless
Race: Part Human, Part Demon (He replaced his soul with demonic essence; not born, but made)
Class: Warlock
Best Ability: Demon Magic
Least Ability: Fighting (with his demon-augmented body)

Preference: Dominating Females
Ons: Domination, humiliation, exhibitionism, extreme sadism
Offs: Toiletry

Appearance: For the most part, Kestriel appears to be human. Aside from his hands and the horns on his head, his form is perfectly human, with dark brown hair, a silver earring in his right ear, and a slightly-above-average phallus (around 7-8 inches, fully erect). His body does not have a single hair on it, aside from his head. His hands below the elbow, however, are coated in a thick, red scaly hide, with razor-sharp talons on the ends of his fingers. As well, he has a set of wings with the same texture that extend from his shoulderblades. Kestriel possesses one last feature that is out of the ordinary, however. His eyes have a crimson schlera, and his black pupils look like those of a cat.

Background: Kestriel was not born with that name, or the great power he now possesses. When he was born, his name was Niall. He was the third son of a well-off farmer, but many accused his mother of bearing another man's child, because he was nothing like the rest of his siblings, or his father. He did not grow up to be sturdy, but slender and weak. His wit was far sharper than any of his family, and he held them in nothing but contempt, and they responded in kind. Nor was he popular among the villagers, but was instead mocked for his frailness and his brooding demeanour.

When Niall turned six, he was given to the apprenticeship of the renowned wizard Al'alim Muamin, master conjurer from lands far to the south. The man saw in Niall the potential to be a powerful magician, even if he did not entirely approve of the boy's character. For the next several years, Niall learned the arts of binding spirits to do the bidding of the summoner, and he treated his master with the utmost respect. However, underneath, he hated Al'alim, because on the one hand he held Muamin's strong morals in contempt, but on the other hand, he could not deny the wizard's great power. And so he studied all the harder, working to prove himself greater than his master that he despised so much.

Niall's life was forever changed when he was 15. Al'alim had gone to sleep for the night, and Niall went among the people of the tavern. There, he found himself in desperate want of one of the tavern maidens. She rebuffed him with a laugh, however, mocking his weak body and lack of charm. Niall left the common room, followed by the laughter of the rest of the tavern. That night, he called for the spirit of a demon, demanding to know how to become powerful, surpass his master, and make all those who thought him weak pay. The demon, a trivial creature but well within the limits of Niall's abilities, suggested he speak to a more powerful creature, offering to show him the spell he needed. Niall was no fool, however, knowing he was not strong enough to handle such a creature, and so he dismissed it and bided his time.

Ten years later, Niall knew himself to be ready, and he called forth a more powerful creature. This one taught him a secret ritual, through which it could take a demon's soul and replace his own with it, granting him great power and the strength of a demon. Niall then performed the ritual upon the very demon he had summoned; the creature had expected this, and believed Niall too weak to defeat it, instead intending to rip Niall's soul out of him and drag it back with him to the abyss.

Niall succeeded, however, and part of him died that night, lost with his human soul. What remained were the darkest parts of that already-malevolent boy. He was not Niall Perrinsson anymore; he took upon himself the name Kestriel the Heartless. And Kestriel the Heartless was strong; even the skin that still appeared human was as strong as the toughest leather, and the demonic scales that covered his hands and formed his new wings were stronger than steel and completely fireproof. He had the strength of an ogre, capable of tossing normal men and shattering their bones with ease, and he was as quick as a cat. He could run for days and never tire. He had the eyes of a hawk, the ears of a fox, and the sense of smell of a bloodhound, and the ability to sense dark powers. And above all this, he still possessed great power over the darkest creatures from the deepest pits of the netherworld.

His first act with his new strength was to tear his former teacher's throat out.

Next, he made his way back to the town where, ten years ago, the bar maid had mocked him. She had a family by then, and Kestriel called form demons to tear her children to pieces in front of her as he raped her over the dead body of her husband. He did not tell her why he did it, only that he was Kestriel the Heartless, and to run and save her wretched hide. She did so, screaming until she had no voice, and then screaming some more, running through the streets naked, her body bloody and defiled. Smiling softly, he left, disappearing from that town forever. He felt something calling him, something buried deep, beating within the earth...

PaleEnchantress

I may be interested. Would there be any demand for a homosexual male "Maiden" type dungeon keeper. If you played DK 2 you'll know Maiden's are not virtuous young women in any way.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Vergil1989

Not sure about the homo part and while I have nothing against them I do not believe there's anyone present that would find such a character attractive at the moment my friend.  LOVE the new guy though, but it's up to Cat to decide on Kestriel, Krayz.

Krayz

Sethala

Hm, I might be interested in making a character.  Not sure what type, but I generally play females, and I only play with female subs (characters, that is, not players).